Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 10-29-2013, 07:08 AM   #1
Jim in CT

Did Obama lie baout being able to keep you plan/doctor if you like them?

When our Dear Leader was touiting Obamacare, he said over and over, that if you like your health plan and your physician, you'd be able to keep them. The White House is now admitting that will not be the case for millions of Americans.

Foxnews (who else) is reporting that back in 2010, the department of HHS estimated that millions would not be able to keep their current plans. IN other words, the administration knew that their promise was B.S.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2013...h-plans-under/

Did Obama knowingly lie? Or was he, once again, just incredibly wrong? As Hilary would shriek, "does it matter"?

I personally have no issue with requiring some subsidization of healthcare, requiring that healthy people pay into a system that assists those that are sick through no fault of their own. There are people who are born afflicted with conditions that they can never hope to pay to care, so it seems part of a basic social contract that we help these people. I'm fine with that, in fact I woud insist on that.

I just don't like being lied to, nor do I understand why 55% of the country doesn't seem to care that this guy can't even get one right by accident.

He was as wrong as could be on the Surge, he was as wrong as could be on the Russian invasion of South Osessia (saying 'both sides' needed to show restraint), he was wrong on estimating the impact of his stimulus bill, he was as wrong as could be about shovel-ready jobs, he was wrong about being able to keep our current health plan and/or physician.

And when I say he was wrong on these things, I'm not splitting hairs. You don't need to go out to the tenth decimal place to find his error. He's incredibly, spectacularly wrong on these things, because he lacks a basic understanding of how the world works, and maybe more importantly, he won't listen to anyone who doesn't already agree with him. That's what happens when you spend your entire life in an Ivy League faculty room, discussing existentialism over aple-timis and hot toddies.

How many times does an idiot bumble around, before we conclude that he's a bumbling idiot?
Old 10-29-2013, 09:10 AM   #2
Jim in CT

OK, so now NBC News (NBC!!!) is reporting that as Obama was promising that we'd be able to keep our plans, he knew for a fact that millions of Americans would not be able to do so.

http://news.yahoo.com/obama-administ...222249311.html

"Read my lips..."

This, from the guy who promised to change the way politics was practiced in DC...

I presume Spence will say that these millions of Americans are better off in Obamacare than they were in their old plans, so they should be thanking Obama for lying to them...
Old 10-29-2013, 09:33 AM   #3
justplugit
Registered Grandpa

Amazing, according to the article he's known this for 3 years!!!!
I wonder if he'll be able to keep his health plan, and keep his Doctor?
There is no reason why our trusted leader and everyone who voted for his plan should not be subjected to such a terrific plan too.
What gives them the right to be any different than any other American citizen?
You can fool some of the people some of the time, but not all the people all the time.
Looks like the chickens are coming home to roost, not only on this issue but
Benghazi and many more.

" Choose Life "
Old 10-29-2013, 10:02 AM   #4
buckman

I'm just glad he cancelled his plans to throw out the first pitch for Wednesday's game. Holy crap ! talk about a jinx ,everything he touches goes bad
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Old 10-29-2013, 12:03 PM   #5
Fly Rod

Maybe Spence can explain to this person how much better OBAMA CARE is

George Schwab, 62, of North Carolina, said he was "perfectly happy" with his plan from Blue Cross Blue Shield, which also insured his wife for a $228 monthly premium. But this past September, he was surprised to receive a letter saying his policy was no longer available. The "comparable" plan the insurance company offered him carried a $1,208 monthly premium and a $5,500 deductible.
And the best option he’s found on the exchange so far offered a 415 percent jump in premium, to $948 a month.

Damage Control
White House spokesman Jay Carney was asked about the president’s promise that consumers would be able to keep their health care. “What the president said and what everybody said all along is that there are going to be changes.

I now agree to impeach him but, there has not been any president impeached....and if he were to go thru impeachment process it would be useless...it would be up to the senate to impeach or not....so waste of time

After thinking..."do U C the smoke?"... It would be best if healthy not to buy into the ObamaCare...pay the 90 buck fine and only enroll if one gets sick.
Old 10-29-2013, 06:17 PM   #6
justplugit
Registered Grandpa

I have a question, if Obamacare is depending on young people signing up to pay for it, who below the age of 27 is going to sign when they are on their parents plan?

" Choose Life "
Old 10-29-2013, 07:37 PM   #7
Raider Ronnie

Send a message via AIM to Raider Ronnie
The welfare crowd who all voted for him and get everything for free are going to be pissed when the find out they are not getting free health care.
They will still just go to the emergency rooms like they've been doing for years !

LETS GO BRANDON
Old 10-30-2013, 12:08 PM   #8
Jackbass
Land OF Forgotten Toys

Maybe instead of counting his lies we should start looking for things he has been truthful about
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device