Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 06-17-2019, 12:25 PM   #1
Pete F.
Canceled

The Election is coming and Don remembered a thought he had

Donald J. Trump

Verified account

@realDonaldTrump

In order to get elected, @BarackObama will start a war with Iran.

11:48 AM - 29 Nov 2011

If Trump/Bolton were to start a war with Iran, given the wonderful relationships he has developed, we'll have North Korea, the Philippines, Brazil, Israel, Saudi Arabia, Hungary and Poland in our court.

Meanwhile Russia, China, the EU and most other developed countries would gladly hold firm on the negotiated agreement and some will be happy when Trump gets the dollar out of it's position as the world's preferred currency.

So, just what is the stable genius's plan to get out of this, is it in his pocket on a piece of paper, or maybe it's in his gut?

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Niles: You have met “people”, haven’t you?

Lets Go Darwin
Old 06-17-2019, 12:28 PM   #2
Jim in CT

He’s in a pickle.. No doubt. But he didn’t create the mess with Iran.

Your footer or whatever, says Trump is only the president of “his” people. Funny that black unemployment is the lowest ever, and Trump celebrated that at the SOTU, and the people from
the party that claims
to care about blacks, all sat there miserable.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Old 06-17-2019, 12:36 PM   #3
The Dad Fisherman
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
Your footer or whatever, says Trump is only the president of “his” people.
It's also "Fake News"

http://www.rasmussenreports.com/publ..._index_history

"If you're arguing with an idiot, make sure he isn't doing the same thing."
Old 06-17-2019, 12:40 PM   #4
spence

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dad Fisherman View Post
The 50% approval threshold is generally seen as an average, not a single poll. That being said, Rasmussen is considered one of the less reliable anyway.
Old 06-17-2019, 12:45 PM   #5
Pete F.
Canceled

If you look at more than one poll he doesn't fare so well
https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com...ex_cid=rrpromo

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Lets Go Darwin
Old 06-17-2019, 12:55 PM   #6
The Dad Fisherman
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete F. View Post
If you look at more than one poll he doesn't fare so well
https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com...ex_cid=rrpromo
Maybe if you look at the definition of NEVER you see you don't fare so well. Obviously he doesn't meet that definition as he has reached that milestone on at least one poll.

like I said "Fake News"
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Never.JPG
Views:	465
Size:	41.1 KB
ID:	66280  

Old 06-17-2019, 01:14 PM   #7
Pete F.
Canceled

With that logic, all the Republicans should have clapped just because Obama was black.

Lets Go Darwin
Old 06-17-2019, 01:29 PM   #8
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dad Fisherman View Post
Maybe if you look at the definition of NEVER you see you don't fare so well. Obviously he doesn't meet that definition as he has reached that milestone on at least one poll.

like I said "Fake News"
Fixed it for you, then I conducted a quick poll.
100% said Trump is on his way to impeachment.
My methodology might have a few issues, but I got an answer that makes some people happy.
Poll said "Trump on his way to Impeachment"

Lets Go Darwin
Old 06-17-2019, 02:47 PM   #9
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:

Your footer or whatever, says Trump is only the president of “his” people. Funny that black unemployment is the lowest ever, and Trump celebrated that at the SOTU, and the people from
the party that claims
to care about blacks, all sat there miserable.
You better tell his black constituency too, Trump's job approval among non-whites was 23% in the latest CNN-SSRS national poll.
Maybe they see that the difference between minority unemployment and white unemployment is still the same as it was prior to Trump.

Lets Go Darwin
Old 06-17-2019, 03:02 PM   #10
Jim in CT

Quote:
You better tell his black constituency too, Trump's job approval among non-whites was 23% in the latest CNN-SSRS national poll.
Maybe they see that the difference between minority unemployment and white unemployment is still the same as it was prior to Trump.
i am well aware that republicans poll poorly with blacks.

But you are proving my point, that your little footer there is bullsh*t. if what you said ( trump
is only the president of “his” people), why has he enacted policies that lowered black unemployment to the lowest ever, and why did he celebrate that at the state of the union? Answer - despite the fact that they aren’t “his” people, he cares about their well being.
Old 06-17-2019, 03:06 PM   #11
Jim in CT

Quote:
the difference between minority unemployment and white unemployment is still the same as it was prior to Trump.
And that's what matters, the spread in unemployment?

So if black unemployment increased, but it improved relative to white unemployment (let's say white unemployment increased more)...is that a better outcome than lowest black unemployment ever?

You can't admit he's doing a good job with black unemployment, you can't even admit that.

How is the stock market doing under Trump's leadership, is it crashing like Paul Krugman said it would?
Old 06-17-2019, 05:19 PM   #12
spence

Quote:
Those polls don’t exist, they never existed. Trump’s approval among non-whites is actually like 113% and growing.
Old 06-17-2019, 06:25 PM   #13
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by spence View Post
Those polls don’t exist, they never existed. Trump’s approval among non-whites is actually like 113% and growing.
did
anyone deny his pills are awful
among blacks? denying that, would be as bonkers as, well, claiming biden didn’t politicize
curing cancer...
Old 06-17-2019, 06:40 PM   #14
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

What not grammar police jumping on that one, it was a pill of a post.
Old 06-17-2019, 06:58 PM   #15
detbuch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Got Stripers View Post
What not grammar police jumping on that one, it was a pill of a post.
You just did.
Old 06-17-2019, 08:40 PM   #16
Sea Dangles

Typical snowflake will tell you something is wrong. Then they do it and call it spite.
Old 06-17-2019, 09:39 PM   #17
Pete F.
Canceled

Fox News polls say 50% of voters say trump should be impeached
Old 06-17-2019, 10:34 PM   #18
detbuch

Quote:
Fox News polls say 50% of voters say trump should be impeached
: claps:

Last edited by The Dad Fisherman; 06-18-2019 at 05:42 AM..
Old 06-18-2019, 07:12 AM   #19
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sea Dangles View Post
Typical snowflake will tell you something is wrong. Then they do it and call it spite.
I was afraid the spelling police had fallen and couldn’t get up🤪
Old 06-18-2019, 08:41 AM   #20
Duke41
got gas?

I love Trump and can't wait to vote for him again. The best leader this country has had since Franklin Rosevelt.
Old 06-18-2019, 01:06 PM   #21
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

Loved the quote from Fl largest paper, coming out to state they will back anyone but Trump. Quote says it all.

The Sentinel dubbed Trump’s “successful assault on truth” as “the great casualty of this presidency, followed closely by his war on decency” and said the commander in chief “has diminished our standing in the world.”
Old 06-18-2019, 01:20 PM   #22
Jim in CT

Quote:
Loved the quote from Fl largest paper, coming out to state they will back anyone but Trump. Quote says it all.

The Sentinel dubbed Trump’s “successful assault on truth” as “the great casualty of this presidency, followed closely by his war on decency” and said the commander in chief “has diminished our standing in the world.”
yawn. media publication hates him, what a shock. trump
is a jerk, but the country is better off, and where’s the evidence that our global standing has diminished?! do people no longer desperately want to come here?

trump is an assault on decency, but tnat paper is ok with biden promising to cure cancer and suggesting we need a physical, real revolution to deal with republicans, that reeks of decency.

and i think he’s going to get creamed. i think a lot of liberals stayed home in 2016 because everyone in the media said hilary was going to win in a landslide, so people figured why bother. that won’t happen again.

Old 06-18-2019, 01:28 PM   #23
The Dad Fisherman
Super Moderator

Quote:
i think a lot of liberals stayed home in 2016 because everyone in the media said hilary was going to win in a landslide, so people figured why bother. that won’t happen again.

I think a lot of them stayed home because they were disillusioned Bernie supporters who just said "fuk it" after all the shenanigans the DNC played to rig the election in her favor.

but, you are correct, they aren't going to stay home this time.

Old 06-18-2019, 01:43 PM   #24
PaulS

Quote:

The Repubs. don't care - use to care but not any more.

Hey, Biden said he'll cure cancer so any vile thing done or said by Trump is ok.
Old 06-18-2019, 01:58 PM   #25
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulS View Post

Hey, Biden said he'll cure cancer so any vile thing done or said by Trump is ok.
assuming that was a swipe at me, wrong. you’re the one who is applying very different standards to who gets called out for saying awful
things.

recently trump lost his temper over a staffer coughing when he was on camera. shows what a jerk
he is.

it would be really nice if we could
have one set of rules for what’s ok
and what’s not, and apply them uniformly to everyone regardless of party. the people here who can’t say anything critical about their own side, and who can’t say anything positive about the other side, are all liberals. and you aren’t one of them.
Old 06-18-2019, 02:01 PM   #26
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

The irony is that if one of their family members behaved like Trump at the weekend cookouts, it would be all over for that member; he or she would likely be read the riot act, or if they didn't change, they would be off the invite list to future family gatherings.
Old 06-18-2019, 02:06 PM   #27
PaulS

Quote:
assuming that was a swipe at me, wrong. you’re the one who is applying very different standards to who gets called out for saying awful
things.

recently trump lost his temper over a staffer coughing when he was on camera. shows what a jerk
he is.

it would be really nice if we could
have one set of rules for what’s ok
and what’s not, and apply them uniformly to everyone regardless of party. the people here who can’t say anything critical about their own side, and who can’t say anything positive about the other side, are all liberals. and you aren’t one of them.
I'm not applying different standards but 5?, 6? pages for Biden's comments is crazy when you have Pres. Trump saying vile things on a daily basis. I'm willing to cut anyone some slack a few times but Trump is so bad people ignore comments that would be headlines on the news for any other Pres. And when people do discuss them, what is the reaction from the right - they call them snowflakes.
Old 06-18-2019, 02:07 PM   #28
Jim in CT

Quote:
The irony is that if one of their family members behaved like Trump at the weekend cookouts, it would be all over for that member; he or she would likely be read the riot act, or if they didn't change, they would be off the invite list to future family gatherings.
you’re right, i wouldn’t want him
in my family. Fortunately for
me, the election wasn’t a contest about which one of them was going to be adopted into my family. The election was to see who would
run the country. it would
be nice if our POTUS was a
man of deep
ethics, but much more important that it be someone who grows the economy and keeps us safe.

the real irony, is that all these trump haters act like morals are all that matters in a presidential contest. didn’t stop you all from endlessly attacking bush and romney, who are deeply ethical men.

no principles. none. just use whatever is available
to bash the republican.

if character was on the ballot in 2016 i missed it.
Old 06-18-2019, 02:41 PM   #29
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

Not sure the economy would have crashed and burned if Hillary had beaten Trump. I'm not in agreement on Trump's policies in numerous arenas, so no I'm not buying he's the savor of the economy or that he is any better when it comes to foreign policies, trade or agreements with allies and foes; long list IMHO. I think his deregulation across the board is going to be bad for the environment long term and I don't believe we should have withdrawn from the Paris accord. I don't see his trade war being the answer, not saying we don't have a balance issue. I think he has made a "problem" at the southern boarder into a real nightmare and the policies are actually killing people and committing child abuse on a massive scale. I think his kissing arse with Putin time and time again, not to mention the 2016 election issues, is a disgrace. In fact pick a foreign strong man/dictator he hasn't cozied up to, while treating our long term allies like crap, really must I go on? You are looking at Trump administration thru rose colored glasses.

Hey how about the fact our president actually can't stop lying ever, I'd like to know there is someone in the white house that I can actually trust that what is coming out of his mouth is 90% true. Please I'm waiting for hey they all do it come back, but Trump's lying is on an epic scale compared to ALL other presidents.
Old 06-18-2019, 02:45 PM   #30
Pete F.
Canceled

There is no comparison between Trump and any other politician, thankfully. It is necessary that our President be a man with some ethics. A little empathy is also helpful. What is not acceptable is an ignorant buffoon who's word is not good. Some will say he has kept his campaign promises but that is largely limited to those that could be accomplished without the cooperation of others by executive order. He has had minimal legislative success, but is attempting end runs around Congress to make up for his lack of negotiating skill.

The least problematic part is the lack of originality of Donald Trump’s words. During his presidency, Trump has uttered no beautiful and memorable phrases. His inaugural address, is remembered, for the phrase American carnage and Trump’s description of a dystopian nation, broken and shattered. More problematic is that many of Trump’s utterances are babble. If you read the transcript of many of his interviews and off the cuff speeches, you find that Trump is not only unable to often lay out a coherent argument; at times he’s unable to string together sentences that make sense.

When it comes to dealing with those who oppose him, he consistently uses words to demean, belittle, bully, or dehumanize. He has mocked former prisoners of war, the disabled, and the appearance of women. He has attacked Gold Star parents and widows. And he has engaged in racially tinged attacks. The number of his targets is inexhaustible because Trump’s brutishness is inexhaustible.

Many other presidents have been viewed as divisive, but Trump provokes for it's own sake; delighting in turning Americans against one another in order to turn them against one another. He seems to think he gains a political advantage in dividing us.

Trump’s words are bad enough, but the greatest cause for concern is his nonstop, dawn-to-midnight assault on facts, truth, reality. That places Trump in a category all his own.

Many politicians are guilty of not telling the full truth of events. But only very few—and only the most dangerous—are committed to destroying the very idea of truth itself by using the big lie. We saw it Day One of the Trump presidency, when he insisted—and sent out his press secretary to insist—that the crowd size at his inauguration was larger than that of Barack Obama’s, despite photographic evidence to the contrary. And that behavior has continued almost every day since.

He lies at will. He lies all the time. He lies on purpose. He lies as a way of life. He lies about things big & small. He lies with impunity. He lies with the direct intent to distract, fool, and deceive his supporters.

In a speech to the Veterans of Foreign Wars, Trump said, “And just remember: What you’re seeing and what you’re reading is not what’s happening.” In other words, who are you going to believe—me or your lyin’ eyes?

Lets Go Darwin