Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 06-17-2019, 02:31 PM   #151
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete F. View Post
But you steadfastly defend him, while constantly trying to prove anyone else to be just as bad, so you can justify your support of Trump.

You've been victimized by Warren, Biden, AOC, likely the entire democratic party and the entire state of Connecticut among others. SAD

"Do you think your contempt for America might influence your judgement?" Yes or No?
when did i ever claim to be victimized by warren or biden?

By the CT state leadership, heck yes, that’s obvious.

Sad? How
many trump-bashing threads have you started? How many threads have you started, that weren’t designed to bash Trump?
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Old 06-17-2019, 03:27 PM   #152
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
I’m still not sure I believe he said this, but there’s a video. If this is what it sounds like, he’s a lot worse than I thought he was. Al Gore
promised that people
like Christopher Reeves would walk if he got elected. that’s really ghoulish.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/joe...vUFiMOsqTdTPN0
Quote:
when did i ever claim to be victimized by warren or biden?
You constantly play the victim card, look at the horrific thing Biden did to make you start this thread

By the CT state leadership, heck yes, that’s obvious.

Sad? How
many trump-bashing threads have you started? How many threads have you started, that weren’t designed to bash Trump?
Lots of threads that were not tribal, better look
I do think though that you have far more into defending Trump than I into bashing

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Niles: You have met “people”, haven’t you?

Lets Go Darwin
Old 06-17-2019, 07:06 PM   #153
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by spence View Post
Good job, I think you're one of about 3 people in the country that believes this.
who said that you can’t walk into
7-11 without an indian accent, and who told blacks that republicans “ want to put y’all back in chains”? when the gop controlled the oval
office and congress spence, did blacks (1) end up back in chains, or (2) go back to work in numbers never seen before? do you know the answer? have fun!!
Old 06-17-2019, 08:24 PM   #154
spence

Quote:
7-11 without an indian accent, and who told blacks that republicans “ want to put y’all back in chains”? when the gop controlled the oval
office and congress spence, did blacks (1) end up back in chains, or (2) go back to work in numbers never seen before? do you know the answer? have fun!!
Case closed.
Old 06-17-2019, 08:42 PM   #155
Sea Dangles

Quote:
Lots of threads that were not tribal, better look
I do think though that you have far more into defending Trump than I into bashing
Toss a coin,but you are the passionate lover.

PRO CHOICE REPUBLICAN
Old 06-17-2019, 09:43 PM   #156
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
WTF are you talking about?
You believe some bizarre things

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Lets Go Darwin
Old 06-17-2019, 10:22 PM   #157
detbuch

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post
The right dosen't understand how corporate America is in the game to limit choice

After a bewildering search of the shelf where eyecare products were located, reading the directions and use listed on all the different brands and varieties within brands of eye drops, and comparing prices, I wondered if those that I wound up buying were the best at the best price. I've had the same experience with a lot of, maybe most of, the things I buy. I have found that choice and variety of stuff has gotten larger over the years.

funnel business in their direction via merger and hostile take over.

Every now and then you read about a "hostile" takeover, but the market for stuff to buy still seems to grow. I do notice that larger corporations handle government regulations more easily than smaller businesses do. Seems like a cozy relationship big corps. have with big government. They seem to grow together, almost like a very solid polygamy of central government expanding its girth as it's fed by its many fat corporate wives.

Look at ATM cards hailed as great they were all free but like airlines once they saw they could charge for a seat or a bag or a hotel could charge for parking they all charge for the honor of using their product ....

Hey, gotta pay for the growing staff of workers who manage the credit dept. 24/7.

but some dinosaurs see iPhones and internet as luxury items that poor people have no business owning completely ignoring the world around them .. connectivity is a nessicity in today's world ..

Yeah, I really feel bad now that you've pointed out how poor people are not connected with the rest of the world. I didn't realize that they were so isolated. Maybe because I'm a dinosaur who doesn't have an iPhone and feel satisfyingly connected to those who I want to be connected with.

40hr work week once paid the Bill's not anymore the federal min wage hasn't risen in 10 years .

Yeah . . . I can remember, years ago, when some wives, after the kids were raised, started getting part time jobs in order to buy a few more things than their neighbors, and to keep busy after child rearing duties were gone . . . yeah, somehow after that, more and more started to do that, not because they had to, but to be financially better off . . . and how, somehow, the more the expendable income a household had, the more stuff there appeared on the market, and the more the stuff became obsolete at a quicker pace . . . funny how markets expand when consumer buying power does . . . and how what was once a luxury becomes a "necessity" . . . and how even the poor folks are deprived when they don't have the new "necessities." But there seems to still be a lot of dinosaurs where only the dad works and the family somehow is happy even when dreadfully deprived of all the good new things that have to be updated every year or two.

But I can see how it is necessary to keep raising the minimum wage so that the poor folks can keep buying iPhones . . . so they can stay connected to the world. Seems, the way things are going, and how everyone is deprived if they only work 40 hours and such--seems like the minimum wage should be raised every year. Maybe every six months. Can't you imagine how if we constantly raised it, like every month maybe, we could all eventually get to be a one percenter? Hah! Then we wouldn't need the politicians to give us stuff anymore. I don't think they'd like that. Nah . . . I think they'd need us to keep needing them. Maybe that's why they don't want to raise the minimum wage too much.

But I do notice that McDonalds is using more machines. They even have kiosk computers to right away place an order so you don't have to wait in line. And they don't need as many order takers. Wow, it would be fantastic to watch robots receive the messages and do all the preparations and shoot the orders to the paying counter.

No telling what the price of hamburgers might become, or the price of everything else . . . it's that strange thing about how when expendable income raises, so do prices.

Even in this economy why do you think that is.. corporate Americas deep pocket and politics
Yeah . . . we're really suffering. It's a wonder millions and millions keep wanting to come here. Maybe they haven't heard about our corporations.

Last edited by detbuch; 06-17-2019 at 10:27 PM..
Old 06-18-2019, 05:54 AM   #158
Jim in CT

Quote:
Case closed.
then on msnbc yesterday, he suggested a “ real, physical revolution” to deal with republicans. yeah i was way off, huh?
Old 06-18-2019, 05:55 AM   #159
Jim in CT

Quote:
are you denying that biden said these things? let’s be very clear here.
Old 06-18-2019, 05:57 AM   #160
Jim in CT

Quote:
here’s video of biden saying republicans want to “ put y’all back in chains”.

Old 06-18-2019, 06:02 AM   #161
Jim in CT

Quote:
and here’s video of biden saying you can’t walk into a 7-11 or dunkin’ donuts without an indian accent. You said it was "bizarre" that I claimed Biden said these things, here's video evidence. Have anything else you wish to say to me?

Last edited by Jim in CT; 06-18-2019 at 06:39 AM..
Old 06-18-2019, 06:13 AM   #162
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post
The right dosen't understand how corporate America is in the game to limit choice
as opposed to, say, public sector labor unions, who as we ALL know, welcome the idea of choice and competition to keep costs down for the consumer. your union doesn’t do anything to gouge the consumer, no sir. The unions are all about keeping taxes as low as possible for their customers.

Your union gets liberals elected, who then reward you with benefits that dwarf what’s available in the private sector, and then those in the private sector have zero choice
but to pay the taxes to fund those lavish benefits.

You complain about atm fees and airline baggage fees, how about the increased taxes your neighbors are forced to pay, because your union gets crooked politicians to increase taxes to pay for your lavish benefits?

here in ct, our unfunded debts for union benefits are more than $35,000 for every human being in the state. That’s $175,000 for my family of 5. You think i should
be concerned about ATM fees? The banks are the problem?

you are correct, it used to be that one person working 40 hours a week would pay the bills. those days are pretty much gone, and i think that has been a disaster for families and children, an absolute disaster. i’m not sure the GOP caused it. how did conservatism cause that exactly?

Last edited by Jim in CT; 06-18-2019 at 06:40 AM..
Old 06-18-2019, 10:32 AM   #163
Pete F.
Canceled

Trump made it worse.
The tax cuts of 2017 further turbocharged economic inequities through an act of fiscal profligacy which ballooned our deficit for the benefit of corporations and the wealthy—justified, yet again, by resuscitating the discredited notion that under-taxing “wealth creators” stimulated the economy while paying for itself.

The bill distributed more than 80 percent of its individual benefits to the top 1 percent of households; the bulk of the $150 billion rebated to corporations in 2018 funded shareholder dividends and stock buy-backs—which amounted to little more than a gift to the 10 percent of Americans who own 84 percent of all stocks. This lopsided largesse was possible only through creating a $1.5 trillion deficit over the next 10 years, generating a brief economic sugar high, which is already dissipating.

Lets Go Darwin
Old 06-18-2019, 10:39 AM   #164
spence

Quote:
then on msnbc yesterday, he suggested a “ real, physical revolution” to deal with republicans. yeah i was way off, huh?
I think you're beyond way off.
Old 06-18-2019, 11:41 AM   #165
Jim in CT

Quote:
instead of lobbing baseless insults, you could look it up
and you’d see that he said exactly what i claimed he said. I am certain he didn’t mean it, but that’s what he said.
Old 06-18-2019, 11:44 AM   #166
Jim in CT

Quote:
Trump made it worse.
The tax cuts of 2017 further turbocharged economic inequities through an act of fiscal profligacy which ballooned our deficit for the benefit of corporations and the wealthy—justified, yet again, by resuscitating the discredited notion that under-taxing “wealth creators” stimulated the economy while paying for itself.

The bill distributed more than 80 percent of its individual benefits to the top 1 percent of households; the bulk of the $150 billion rebated to corporations in 2018 funded shareholder dividends and stock buy-backs—which amounted to little more than a gift to the 10 percent of Americans who own 84 percent of all stocks. This lopsided largesse was possible only through creating a $1.5 trillion deficit over the next 10 years, generating a brief economic sugar high, which is already dissipating.
when the stick
market soars, i come inequality gets worse. No one can prevent that. you think it didn’t happen under obama? would
you prefer that we have a depression and nobody has anything?

This obsession with what others have...it’s stupid, meaningless, unhealthy, and unproductive. no one would be better off if the fabulously wealthy didn’t exist. No one.
Old 06-18-2019, 11:45 AM   #167
spence

Quote:
instead of lobbing baseless insults, you could look it up
and you’d see that he said exactly what i claimed he said. I am certain he didn’t mean it, but that’s what he said.
So what?
Old 06-18-2019, 11:48 AM   #168
Jim in CT

Quote:
So what?
so if
you’re ok with biden promising a cure for cancer, and if you’re ok with him saying we need a physical
altercation to deal with republicans, you have no right to complain about trumps outlandish statements.

i said biden was a jerk, you said no one believes that. i supplied evidence to supported my statement that he’s a jerk.

you only care when republicans behave poorly, and always excuse it when democrats do the same.
Old 06-18-2019, 11:51 AM   #169
Jim in CT

Quote:
and i think i’m exactly on point.

https://www.dailywire.com/news/48516...-ryan-saavedra

Spence, why is only an issue for you, when Trump says outlandish things? Why do all
democrats get a pass from you, when they say outlandish things?
Old 06-19-2019, 03:41 AM   #170
Pete F.
Canceled

Hmmmm, I assume this is acceptable.
President Trump has promised to cure cancer, eradicate AIDS, and ensure that American astronauts land on Mars if he wins a second term. “We will push onward with new medical frontiers. We will come up with the cures to many, many problems, to many, many diseases—including cancer and others and we’re getting closer all the time,” Trump said to a cheering crowd at his rally in Orlando, Florida, on Tuesday night. “We will eradicate AIDS in America once and for all and we’re very close. We will lay the foundation for landing American astronauts on the surface of Mars.”
Old 06-19-2019, 04:50 AM   #171
Sea Dangles

Clearly the greatest president of our lives
Old 06-19-2019, 04:56 AM   #172
scottw

I wonder if Pete can keep this up for another 4+ years
Old 06-19-2019, 04:58 AM   #173
scottw

Quote:
President Trump has promised to cure cancer, eradicate AIDS, and ensure that American astronauts land on Mars if he wins a second term. “We will push onward with new medical frontiers. We will come up with the cures to many, many problems, to many, many diseases—including cancer and others and we’re getting closer all the time,” Trump said to a cheering crowd at his rally in Orlando, Florida, on Tuesday night. “We will eradicate AIDS in America once and for all and we’re very close. We will lay the foundation for landing American astronauts on the surface of Mars.”
that's awesome
Old 06-19-2019, 05:04 AM   #174
RIROCKHOUND
Also known as OAK

Quote:
Damn him for giving hope to terminal cancer patients, AIDS patience AND kids who want to go to Mars.....

Bryan

Originally Posted by #^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&
"For once I agree with Spence. UGH. I just hope I don't get the urge to go start buying armani suits to wear in my shop"
Old 06-19-2019, 05:40 AM   #175
Rmarsh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sea Dangles View Post
Yes he is. I voted for him and will vote for him again.
Immigration is my #1 issue....I work in a trade that imo has been ruined...overrun with illegals, working for lower wages, doing substandard work, no insurances, rude and disrespectful....got to watch your tools or they will help themselves.
Old 06-19-2019, 06:03 AM   #176
The Dad Fisherman
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sea Dangles View Post

"If you're arguing with an idiot, make sure he isn't doing the same thing."
Old 06-19-2019, 06:06 AM   #177
scottw

^^^ that's gonna leave a mark
Old 06-19-2019, 06:10 AM   #178
Jim in CT

Pete, when i claimed
biden said some outlandish and offensive things, you called me “bizarre” for suggesting biden said those things. so i posted videos of biden saying exactly what i claimed he said. Did you miss those videos? i didn’t see you comment on them.

again, it would be nice to have a set of rules
applied consistently to presidents of both parties. both sides engage in this hypocrisy, but Trump hatred has taken that hypocrisy to new heights.
Old 06-19-2019, 06:26 AM   #179
RIROCKHOUND
Also known as OAK

Quote:
i’d rather he promised that, because he can deliver on that. promising desperate cancer patients that their lives depend on him getting elected, is ghoulish.
Quoting for posterity since trump added AIDS to this list as well.....

Bryan

Originally Posted by #^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&
"For once I agree with Spence. UGH. I just hope I don't get the urge to go start buying armani suits to wear in my shop"
Old 06-19-2019, 07:13 AM   #180
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by RIROCKHOUND View Post
Quoting for posterity since trump added AIDS to this list as well.....
did trump explicitly promise a cure, only on the condition that he get elected, bryan? if he did, well, we already knew he was a jerk. if he didn’t, dont compare him to someone who did.