Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 05-07-2019, 05:21 PM   #61
detbuch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Got Stripers View Post
Let’s not forget why this investigation started, it’s due to Russian interference in our election and while Mueller didn’t find collusion; there was plenty of wrong doing. Even Barr stated previously the FBI should be contacted if a foreign power takes steps to influence an election, did that happen? The FBI knows the Russians are continuing their efforts and what does our president think about it; he believes they will no longer attempt to interfere, gee wiz I wonder why that is. Trump is enabling foreign powers and by his inaction actually encouraging them to ramp it up for 2020, so to me there are far more troubling things about this report and Trumps complete disregard for the facts.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
If it had stuck with Russian interference and not wandered off into investigating Trump when there was no concrete evidence that he was involved, and turning it into a political attempt to remove Trump, then we might more effectively have evolved into a solution.

On the other hand, there is probably not a whole lot we can do about Russian meddling. Maybe we could start by not doing our own meddling. Fat chance.

Probably, the best bet is to accomplish an economic community with the rest of the world rather than a political one. That takes agreement rather than war, cyber or otherwise.
Old 05-07-2019, 05:32 PM   #62
Sea Dangles

Quote:
Originally Posted by spence View Post
True, the House is just ramping up.
Could they unearth the code red for you Jeff?

PRO CHOICE REPUBLICAN
Old 05-07-2019, 05:38 PM   #63
scottw

Quote:

Let’s not forget why this investigation started, it’s due to Russian interference in our election

that is incorrect...it was due to leftist hissy fit
Old 05-07-2019, 05:39 PM   #64
scottw

Quote:

The Russian indictments are significant as they are the first detailed legal cases brought forth from an attack on our democracy that the President has encouraged, lied about and tried to assist Russia in covering up.

you look adorable in tin foil
Old 05-07-2019, 05:48 PM   #65
detbuch

Quote:
Even Barr stated previously the FBI should be contacted if a foreign power takes steps to influence an election, did that happen?

I assume that Obama contacted the FBI, since the meddling started under his administration. Whatever he did certainly didn't do anything to stop it, or even slow it down. I also assume that the FBI is still aware and doing whatever it can.

The FBI knows the Russians are continuing their efforts and what does our president think about it; he believes they will no longer attempt to interfere, gee wiz I wonder why that is.

Has Trump told the FBI to stand down and do nothing about it? I doubt that the FBI will just leave it alone because someone reports that Trump thinks Russia won't continue.

Trump is enabling foreign powers and by his inaction actually encouraging them to ramp it up for 2020, so to me there are far more troubling things about this report and Trumps complete disregard for the facts.
Trump has not completely disregarded the facts. He may have a bit different idea of what some of the facts are, but overall, there seems to have been some initiatives to interfere with Russian interference. And, certainly the FBI will continue to do the important stuff it needs to do. Overall, it has been reported that Trump has actually been tougher, in all respects, on the Russians than Obama was. Not sure if there has been any "enabling," and if there was, not sure who was the one doing it.
Old 05-07-2019, 08:44 PM   #66
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

Quote:
Originally Posted by detbuch View Post
Trump has not completely disregarded the facts. He may have a bit different idea of what some of the facts are, but overall, there seems to have been some initiatives to interfere with Russian interference. And, certainly the FBI will continue to do the important stuff it needs to do. Overall, it has been reported that Trump has actually been tougher, in all respects, on the Russians than Obama was. Not sure if there has been any "enabling," and if there was, not sure who was the one doing it.
That statement cracks me up, Trump constantly disregards the fact and if the facts staff show him in pretty pictures (he can’t read as you know), they are shown the door. He has put his foot in his mouth so many times over facts he denies or disregards, as the truth comes out and he does the Donnie walk back and his typical distraction ploy to divert attention from his latest BS.

Speaking of BS, if The NY Times reporting is true, I guess Trump isn’t as smart and the art of the deal is how to loose a billion dollars of daddy’s money in ten years. No wonder he is fighting to not release his tax records, his base thinks he is a brilliant businessman, that will be a shock to their reality, that he can do the same magic for America.

Said it before, follow the money.

Last edited by Got Stripers; 05-07-2019 at 09:07 PM..
Old 05-07-2019, 08:55 PM   #67
Jim in CT

Quote:
Jim, (for the 73rd time) there's no indictment for collusion. Over 250 contacts with Russians. Every one of those hidden is an incident of collusion.

I think we're up to 700 by the way.
Ahhh... if collusion isn’t a crime, what was the point? for two years, how many in the media predicted indictments? his son and
son in law we’re sure to get indicted!!

oh, 700. and if that many said hilary should have gone to prison, that would mean what to you, exactly?
Old 05-07-2019, 09:34 PM   #68
detbuch

Quote:
That statement cracks me up, Trump constantly disregards the fact and if the facts staff show him in pretty pictures (he can’t read as you know), they are shown the door. He has put his foot in his mouth so many times over facts he denies or disregards, as the truth comes out and he does the Donnie walk back and his typical distraction ploy to divert attention from his latest BS.

Speaking of BS, if The NY Times reporting is true, I guess Trump isn’t as smart and the art of the deal is how to loose a billion dollars of daddy’s money in ten years. No wonder he is fighting to not release his tax records, his base thinks he is a brilliant businessman, that will be a shock to their reality, that he can do the same magic for America.

Said it before, follow the money.

You have this impressive and colorful way of expressing what seems to be a wealth of knowledge. Ronnie Reagan may have had you in mind when he said: “It isn't so much that liberals are ignorant. It's just that they know so many things that aren't so.”
Old 05-07-2019, 10:38 PM   #69
Sea Dangles

Boom
Old 05-08-2019, 06:18 AM   #70
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

Quote:
You have this impressive and colorful way of expressing what seems to be a wealth of knowledge. Ronnie Reagan may have had you in mind when he said: “It isn't so much that liberals are ignorant. It's just that they know so many things that aren't so.”
And you have a mind like a sieve, because apparently you have no recollection of the countless lies and facts brought to light forcing the classic Trump walk back or narrative to change the public view of what he said.
Old 05-08-2019, 08:22 AM   #71
detbuch

Quote:
And you have a mind like a sieve, because apparently you have no recollection of the countless lies and facts brought to light forcing the classic Trump walk back or narrative to change the public view of what he said.
I recollect the various narratives. I look at results. The negative narratives and positive results don't square.
Old 05-08-2019, 09:29 AM   #72
spence

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
Ahhh... if collusion isn’t a crime, what was the point? for two years, how many in the media predicted indictments? his son and son in law we’re sure to get indicted!!
In the report it basically states the reason Don Jr didn't get indicted was that he was too stupid to realize he was breaking campaign finance laws for his coordination with WikiLeaks. Just because there's no indictment doesn't mean there's not wrongdoing. Read the report.

Remember there are still a dozen outstanding investigations we don't have any visibility to. This is likely one of the big reasons Trump desperate to keep the full report under wraps.

The idea that this is all over is laughable.

Last edited by spence; 05-08-2019 at 09:45 AM..
Old 05-08-2019, 09:30 AM   #73
spence

Quote:
Oh ouch, I, I can't breathe...
Old 05-08-2019, 09:34 AM   #74
detbuch

Quote:
Oh ouch, I, I can't breathe...
Are you just being a drama queen . . . or are you actually a closet Trumpian liar.
Old 05-08-2019, 09:49 AM   #75
detbuch

Quote:
In the report it basically states the reason Don Jr didn't get indicted was that he was too stupid to realize he was breaking campaign finance laws for his coordination with WikiLeaks.

The reason that he didn't get indicted is that his lack of intent to do so didn't meet the criteria for indictment. That you use that as an occasion to call him stupid demonstrates your politically driven lack of class.

Remember there are still a dozen outstanding investigations we don't have any visibility to. This is likely one of the big reasons Trump desperate to keep the full report under wraps.

Yup, there are a lot of investigations forthcoming. And lots of attempts to keep information under wraps. Of course you seem to give a nod to, and salivate over, only those that may get Trump. But . . . . there are several others that may bring tears to your eyes and dry up your spittle.

You might insert here another one of your lengthy and hollow HAHA'S. Who said "this" is all over?

Last edited by detbuch; 05-08-2019 at 09:56 AM..
Old 05-08-2019, 11:15 AM   #76
Jim in CT

Quote:
Oh, I agree it's not over. The next step is investigating the people who started the hoax, to see if Obama's justice department broke rules by becoming political campaign operatives. It's not over by a long shot, I cannot wait for the next stage, I yearn for the next stage. You might not be as excited as I am, you might want to take a sabbatical to whatever spa you went to after the election.

Do you remember the left's reaction when Trump said his campaign was being spied on? Everyone laughed, everyone called him a liar. How many of those critics have admitted on air, that he was 100% correct? Has a single person done that?
Old 05-08-2019, 11:25 AM   #77
RIROCKHOUND
Also known as OAK

Quote:
Do you remember the left's reaction when Trump said his campaign was being spied on? Everyone laughed, everyone called him a liar. How many of those critics have admitted on air, that he was 100% correct? Has a single person done that?
Christopher Wray would disagree that he was spied on, but then again, what does he know...

Bryan

Originally Posted by #^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&
"For once I agree with Spence. UGH. I just hope I don't get the urge to go start buying armani suits to wear in my shop"
Old 05-08-2019, 11:48 AM   #78
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by RIROCKHOUND View Post
Christopher Wray would disagree that he was spied on, but then again, what does he know...
Oh FFS Bryan, Wray admitted that there was eavesdropping on the campaign, and we know the FBI inserted undercover operatives to infiltrate the campaign. Wray didn't like the use of the word "spying", is that not splitting hairs?

In your words Bryan, what's the difference between "spying", and what was done to the Trump campaign?

And the Attorney General, I believe, is Christopher Wrays boss, and he did use the term "spying" what does he know...

Last edited by Jim in CT; 05-08-2019 at 12:10 PM..
Old 05-08-2019, 12:37 PM   #79
RIROCKHOUND
Also known as OAK

Quote:
Oh FFS Bryan, Wray admitted that there was eavesdropping on the campaign, and we know the FBI inserted undercover operatives to infiltrate the campaign. Wray didn't like the use of the word "spying", is that not splitting hairs?

In your words Bryan, what's the difference between "spying", and what was done to the Trump campaign?

And the Attorney General, I believe, is Christopher Wrays boss, and he did use the term "spying" what does he know...
I would call it an investigation on suspicious contacts between a campaign and a foreign adversary.

As far as Barr, forgive me for distrusting a guy who auditioned in public for this job by writing an unsolicited memo for an audience of one on why president's can't be indicted....

Bryan

Originally Posted by #^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&
"For once I agree with Spence. UGH. I just hope I don't get the urge to go start buying armani suits to wear in my shop"
Old 05-08-2019, 01:17 PM   #80
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by RIROCKHOUND View Post
I would call it an investigation on suspicious contacts between a campaign and a foreign adversary.
ok. if the fbi used wiretaps
to eavesdrop on the campaign, and if they used undercover operatives to infiltrate, how is that different from spying?

electronic surveillance isn’t spying?

when you are resorting to suggesting that wiretaps and undercover agents are not the tools
of spying, then you have serious, serious TDS.

i cannot believe you are differentiating between spying and surveillance. this is where rational conversation isn’t possible anymore.

Old 05-08-2019, 02:13 PM   #81
spence

Quote:
i cannot believe you are differentiating between spying and surveillance. this is where rational conversation isn’t possible anymore.
The Director of the FBI just made a clear public distinction admonishing his boss and his bosses boss in the process.

Perhaps he's got TDS also?
Old 05-08-2019, 03:51 PM   #82
Jim in CT

Quote:
The Director of the FBI just made a clear public distinction admonishing his boss and his bosses boss in the process.

Perhaps he's got TDS also?
so how did you conclude who was correct? and how is it not spying?

going off
the rails a bit. when i read
my 12 year olds texts to make sure he’s safe, that’s spying.

Last edited by Jim in CT; 05-08-2019 at 04:00 PM..
Old 05-08-2019, 04:32 PM   #83
spence

Quote:
so how did you conclude who was correct? and how is it not spying?

going off
the rails a bit. when i read
my 12 year olds texts to make sure he’s safe, that’s spying.

Did you actually listen to Wray's remarks?
Old 05-08-2019, 04:35 PM   #84
Jim in CT

Quote:
Did you actually listen to Wray's remarks?
i read that he said
it wasn’t spying. i didn’t see him differentiate between spying and what happened.

did you read my question? I asked YOU why eavesdropping and use of informants, is different from spying. please explain the difference between what they did to trump, and spying?

we’re in the twilight zone.
Old 05-08-2019, 06:37 PM   #85
The Dad Fisherman
Super Moderator

It's surveillance when "We" do it, it's spying when "They" do it.
Old 05-08-2019, 06:51 PM   #86
spence

Quote:
i read that he said
it wasn’t spying. i didn’t see him differentiate between spying and what happened.

did you read my question? I asked YOU why eavesdropping and use of informants, is different from spying. please explain the difference between what they did to trump, and spying?

we’re in the twilight zone.
Watch the full video and report back.
Old 05-08-2019, 08:10 PM   #87
Jim in CT

Quote:
Watch the full video and report back.
read: you can’t tell me why it wasn’t spying, but you aren’t honest enough to say so.
Old 05-09-2019, 05:22 AM   #88
wdmso

they love trying to change word meanings out of any historical usage of the word

spying is associated with the word Espionage

surveillance is associated with prevention of crime, or the investigation of crime ya know like a stake out ...
Old 05-09-2019, 05:36 AM   #89
The Dad Fisherman
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post
they love trying to change word meanings out of any historical usage of the word

spying is associated with the word Espionage

surveillance is associated with prevention of crime, or the investigation of crime ya know like a stake out ...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Spying.JPG
Views:	373
Size:	39.8 KB
ID:	66204  

"If you're arguing with an idiot, make sure he isn't doing the same thing."
Old 05-09-2019, 06:01 AM   #90
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dad Fisherman View Post
boy when you put it that way, it makes this look like a stupid argument.

We are literally at a point, where those with TDS, are denying that surveillance and spying are remotely synonymous.