Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 10-29-2010, 11:44 AM   #1
RIJIMMY
sick of bluefish

kinda funny

Man, I love the hipocracy of the left, but its been great with all the absolute fury directed at the woman candidates. In the last month or so, the left have called republican female candidates - witches, bitches and whores. Other than the "c" word, thats about as bad as it gets. What happened to the open minded, free thinking left?

They've lost it!

making s-b.com a kinder, gentler place for all
Old 10-29-2010, 12:05 PM   #2
justplugit
Registered Grandpa

And where is the uproar from the Women's Libs?

" Choose Life "
Old 10-29-2010, 12:39 PM   #3
The Dad Fisherman
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by justplugit View Post
And where is the uproar from the Women's Libs?
Directed at their husbands while they are doing the dishes

"If you're arguing with an idiot, make sure he isn't doing the same thing."
Old 10-29-2010, 12:43 PM   #4
scottw

how about the democrat big wigs telling the black guy to drop out of the governors race in Fla. so that the white guy that lost the republican primary to the hispanic guy can with the governorship as an independant ?

this is a very entertaining go around...
Old 10-29-2010, 01:23 PM   #5
PaulS

As oppose to the 2 real mean in Kentucky knocking down and stepping on a woman?

Once again, I only post to point out the hypocricy
Old 10-29-2010, 01:49 PM   #6
scottw

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulS View Post
As oppose to the 2 real mean in Kentucky knocking down and stepping on a woman?

Once again, I only post to point out the hypocricy
you are referring to the MoveOn.org activist that shoved her “RepubliCorp” sign through Rand Paul's car window and into his face in a provocative way...then was removed by security and supporters...I think I remember discussion here recently that if you do something really stupid...you get what you deserve, or something to that effect, they probably shouldn't have handled her so roughly...but she appeared to be a nut...wonder what would have happened to a Tea Party activist doing something similar to Obama or any candidate for that matter?

I'm struggling to see the hypocricy...what did Whitman and Angle do to deserve being called whore and bitch?

Last edited by scottw; 10-29-2010 at 02:16 PM..
Old 10-29-2010, 02:16 PM   #7
PaulS

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottw View Post
you are referring to the MoveOn.org activist that shoved her “RepubliCorp” sign through Rand Paul's car window and into his face in a provocative way...then was removed by security and supporters...I think I remember discussion here recently that if you do something really stupid...you get what you deserve, or something to that effect, they probably shouldn't have handled her so roughly...but she appeared to be a nut...wonder what would have happened to a Tea Party activist doing something similar to Obama?
That's exactly who I'm talking about. We both agree she shouldn't have been handled so rough (esp. the stepping on her neck/head) and we both agree calling someone a whore is inappropriate (even though it wasn't meant in a sexual way). But why bring up an instance and say its one party when idiots of both parties do it?
Old 10-29-2010, 02:20 PM   #8
scottw

Quote:
That's exactly who I'm talking about. We both agree she shouldn't have been handled so rough (esp. the stepping on her neck/head) and we both agree calling someone a whore is inappropriate (even though it wasn't meant in a sexual way). But why bring up an instance and say its one party when idiots of both parties do it?
if she hadn't shoved her sign through his car window she would not have had a problem...we know why she was stepped on...she brought it on herself

again...I'm struggling to see the hypocricy...what did Whitman and Angle do to deserve being called whore and bitch?
Old 10-29-2010, 02:30 PM   #9
The Dad Fisherman
Super Moderator

Why can't people just admit that they ALL SUCK!!

"If you're arguing with an idiot, make sure he isn't doing the same thing."
Old 10-29-2010, 03:22 PM   #10
JohnnyD

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dad Fisherman View Post
Why can't people just admit that they ALL SUCK!!
Because "only the people that aren't on my team don't suck."
Old 10-29-2010, 03:38 PM   #11
PaulS

I told you what the hypocrisy was - it's pointing out extremism on one side w/o recognizing its the same for both sides.
Old 10-29-2010, 04:23 PM   #12
JohnnyD

Quote:
I told you what the hypocrisy was - it's pointing out extremism on one side w/o recognizing its the same for both sides.
It's easier to criticize while looking out a window, as opposed to while looking in the mirror.
Old 10-29-2010, 05:02 PM   #13
scottw

Quote:
Jimmy pointed out the vicious, unprovoked attacks on Republican female candidates that apparently go unnoticed by organizations like NOW and the liberal media, I mentioned the dems trying to throw a black candidate overboard for a white republican primary loser in the state of "voter disenfranchisement", hanging chads and "every vote counting"... unless you have already voted early for Meek in early voting....you pointed to the restraint of a woman who was jamming a protest sign through the car window and into the face of a candidate that she was protesting, some might consider that attempted assault on her part, ever had someone that you didn't know shove an object in your car window, seems a little provocative...if she was just standing around and a couple of conservative radical extremists jumped her and began beating her up...or even better....started calling her whore and bitch ... because she had a hope&change tee shirt...you might have something there?...still don't see the hypocricy or how you equate the two, do you have a better example?.... maybe JD will provide yet another gem

Last edited by scottw; 10-29-2010 at 05:39 PM..
Old 10-29-2010, 06:13 PM   #14
likwid
lobster = striper bait

Send a message via AIM to likwid
Quote:
Jimmy pointed out the vicious, unprovoked attacks on Republican female candidates that apparently go unnoticed by organizations like NOW and the liberal media
Revisionist history.
Cool.

Ski Quicks Hole
Old 10-30-2010, 06:15 AM   #15
scottw

when the President is a Chicago Thug and want his enemies "punished" I guess it becomes trickle down nastiness

Democratic Closing Argument: Personal AttacksDemocrats Attack Over Personal Issues, Republicans Over Policy

ABC News By JONATHAN KARL
Oct. 28, 2010

It's not just the Aqua Buddha and David Vitter's prostitute, Democratic candidates across the country are closing out the campaign with personal attacks on Republican candidates, sometimes digging up decades-old legal problems.

In one typical example, Democratic ads have transformed Kentucky Republican House candidate Andy Barr into "a convicted criminal" -- complete with images yellow police tape and fuzzy video of crime scenes. Not mentioned is his crime: As a college student 19 years ago, he was caught using a fake ID during spring break.

As you watch this year's ads -- and I've been watching all too many lately -- you'll notice a striking difference between Democratic and Republican attack ads: Democrats are attacking over personal issues, Republicans are attacking over policy.

There are, of course, many exceptions, but the overall trend is clear. Democrats are hitting their Republican opponents over past legal transgressions, shady business deals and even speeding tickets. Republicans are hammering Democrats over "Obamacare," Nancy Pelosi and the economy.

A recent study by the Wesleyan Media Project actually quantifies this. They looked at 900,000 airing of political ads this year and concluded: "Democrats are using personal attacks at much higher rates than Republicans and a much higher rate than Democrats in 2008."

CLICK HERE for the study summary.

Go to the next page for some -- and there are many more -- of the personal attack ads being run by the Democratic Congressional Campaign Committee
Old 10-30-2010, 10:24 AM   #16
PaulS

1 person called her a whore in what he thought was a private conversation. Yet our president is subject to his image being changed to look like Hitler and people scream that at rallies and it's ok - I guess you either have 2 sets of standards or have a different bar for Repub/Dems. A Repub. candidate is called a bitch and Jimmy sees fit to post, yet when Hillary is called every vile name in the book (including bitch) and her looks are mocked, it's ok.

That old double standard always bites you in the behind.
Old 10-30-2010, 11:00 AM   #17
RIJIMMY
sick of bluefish

You guys see NO irony in the left, aka liberals, aka free thinkers, aka progressives - PUBLICLY calling a woman a witch, bitch or whore?
None? Where is the uproar?
SO what public figures have called Hillary any of these names? Hmmm? And if they did, can you tell me that the pro-woman groups would not have EXPLODED? Of course they would have.
The people that stepped on the Move on chick were average citizens, not media people or wives (Browns wife) of politicians. Its a BIG difference. How can Joy Behar have a job after calling a politician a BITCH? Its Hypocracy. Look at the absolue HATRED spewing from teh left about the tea party. The term "tea bagger" has become a mainstream term despite its sexual refernece. Its pure HATRED from the left. And no one calls them out on it!

ok - so how about this from the president of the US. Has any president in HISTORY ever referred to other AMERICANS as ENEMIES???? EVER???
Look at the class warfare this guy is starting! HYPOCRASY!!!! You cant say that muslims make you nervous on a plane but the PRESIDENT says this!

Old 10-30-2010, 11:15 AM   #18
detbuch

Relax Jimmy. Whenever candidates or parties revert to personal attacks, especially as their main argument, it means they think they're losing. Both sides have done it, and both will continue to do it. As far as Paul's "that old double standard always bites you in the behind" goes, both side's butts have lots of scars. As Scott's post shows, the Dem's current overwhelming resort to mud slinging ("high quality dirt" as Spence might call it), just shows desperation. No doubt it will have some effect. Tuesday will tell how much.
Old 10-30-2010, 11:32 AM   #19
spence

Quote:
Originally Posted by RIJIMMY View Post
You guys see NO irony in the left, aka liberals, aka free thinkers, aka progressives - PUBLICLY calling a woman a witch, bitch or whore?
I don't think this has anything to do with the right or the left, both sides say at times ugly things.

Not sure who was calling anyone a witch aside from the comedy shows making fun of O'Donnell, who brought it upon herself.

Quote:
SO what public figures have called Hillary any of these names?
You're joking right?

Quote:
The people that stepped on the Move on chick were average citizens, not media people or wives (Browns wife) of politicians. Its a BIG difference.
What I found astonishing about that story is how the police were right there, and yet the "average citizens" thought it right to drag a woman to the ground and step on her head. That they couldn't behave in a mindful matter seems to indicate a deeper violence welling up.

It's a good thing they didn't apply any Second Amend solutions.

Quote:
How can Joy Behar have a job after calling a politician a BITCH?
She's a TV personality, hell I've heard Rush Limbaugh say far worse about women and he makes 40M a year.

I'm not sure bitch is appropriate for Angle though, she's just crazy.

Quote:
Look at the absolue HATRED spewing from teh left about the tea party. The term "tea bagger" has become a mainstream term despite its sexual refernece. Its pure HATRED from the left. And no one calls them out on it!
I think you have a situation where the Tea Party is behind a number of wacky candidates, and it's being used against them during a very heated election cycle.

Not heard anyone use Tea Bagger recently though...

Quote:
ok - so how about this from the president of the US. Has any president in HISTORY ever referred to other AMERICANS as ENEMIES???? EVER???
Look at the class warfare this guy is starting! HYPOCRASY!!!! You cant say that muslims make you nervous on a plane but the PRESIDENT says this!
Starting? I think the opposition to immigration is pretty well entrenched. While his language is hard, clearly the context for the remark is to punish those that oppose the policies you feel so strongly about. These people are certainly not your friends...

-spence
Old 10-30-2010, 12:47 PM   #20
scottw

Quote:
Yet our president is subject to his image being changed to look like Hitler .
that would be the Lyndon Larouche crowd...I think they are on your side for the most part

Whacky candidates Spence??

Maxine Waters
Patrick Kennedy
Charlie Rangel
Alan Grayson
Al Franken
Nancy Peolsi
Chuck-You Schumer (whacky in a particularly vile and despicable way)
Ted Kennedy
Howard Dean
Joe Biden
and on and on...........

hey, if Ted Kennedy can kill a woman while driving drunk, pay no penalty and still get elected and serve an innebriated life-long career in Congress then these so called "whacky" candidates may be quite an improvement over the standard that has been set...

Last edited by scottw; 10-30-2010 at 01:02 PM..
Old 10-30-2010, 11:13 PM   #21
RIJIMMY
sick of bluefish

Quote:
that would be the Lyndon Larouche crowd...I think they are on your side for the most part

Whacky candidates Spence??

Maxine Waters
Patrick Kennedy
Charlie Rangel
Alan Grayson
Al Franken
Nancy Peolsi
Chuck-You Schumer (whacky in a particularly vile and despicable way)
Ted Kennedy
Howard Dean
Joe Biden
and on and on...........

hey, if Ted Kennedy can kill a woman while driving drunk, pay no penalty and still get elected and serve an innebriated life-long career in Congress then these so called "whacky" candidates may be quite an improvement over the standard that has been set...
I've come to undertsand that libs dont understand what hipocracy means. YOu guys dont get it.
And Scott - You forgot Dennis Kussinich (sp) the guy that saw a flying saucer.
on a good note, I had a cozy halloween gathering at a neighbors tonight, I've never talked politics with these people before. talk about PISSED ! Frank- out, Patrick - out! I never said a word but was giddy. TThese people will vote on Tuesday. Obama will bring about change, bbut not the change you imagined. I love that just a week or so ago SPence said the GOP was in shambles. The guy proves himself more clueless everyday! See ya TUESDAY!

Old 10-31-2010, 05:56 AM   #22
scottw

Quote:
Originally Posted by RIJIMMY View Post
I've come to undertsand that libs dont understand what hipocracy means. YOu guys dont get it.
And Scott - You forgot Dennis Kussinich (sp) the guy that saw a flying saucer.
on a good note, I had a cozy halloween gathering at a neighbors tonight, I've never talked politics with these people before. talk about PISSED ! Frank- out, Patrick - out! I never said a word but was giddy. TThese people will vote on Tuesday. Obama will bring about change, bbut not the change you imagined. I love that just a week or so ago SPence said the GOP was in shambles. The guy proves himself more clueless everyday! See ya TUESDAY!
it's hard to keep track of them all...forgot Al Gore too...that whackjob could have been President

Sharpton and Jackson were both Presidential candidates for da dems..

John Edwards.....a real winner living in "TWO AMERICAS"
Old 10-31-2010, 11:55 AM   #23
spence

A bunch of career politicians?

That's not the point. The remark was made in context of people running today, who representative of a "movement", that we know little about and are easy targets because of their own actions.

-spence
Old 10-31-2010, 01:37 PM   #24
scottw

Quote:
Originally Posted by spence View Post
A bunch of career politicians?

-spence
I'd argue "career criminals"