Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

     

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Right Nav

Left Container Right Container
 

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 01-06-2018, 05:10 PM   #61
Nebe
Registered User
iTrader: (0)
 
Nebe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: newpawht
Posts: 20,171
Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulS View Post
I'm going to give him props for keeping me safe when I'm flying.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
The stable genius
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Nebe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2018, 03:58 PM   #62
JohnR
Certifiable Intertidal Anguiologist
iTrader: (1)
 
JohnR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2000
Location: Somewhere between OOB & west of Watch Hill
Posts: 32,609
Blog Entries: 1
F GPS Testimony - redacted

https://www.feinstein.senate.gov/pub...t-redacted.pdf

Have not read yet

~Fix the Bait~ ~Pogies Forever~

Striped Bass Fishing - All Stripers


Kobayashi Maru Election - there is no way to win.


Apocalypse is Coming:
JohnR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2018, 04:11 AM   #63
scottw
Registered User
iTrader: (0)
 
scottw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 6,692
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nebe View Post
The stable genius
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
his dog and pony show yesterday was genius....
scottw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2018, 04:13 AM   #64
scottw
Registered User
iTrader: (0)
 
scottw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 6,692
Quote:
Originally Posted by spence View Post

Steele says it's 70-90% accurate.

Fusion GPS leadership claim they ripped the conspiracy theories to shreds.

This obstruction of justice case seems to have engulfed most of the GOP.
scottw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2018, 04:20 AM   #65
scottw
Registered User
iTrader: (0)
 
scottw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 6,692
"When you look at it hard, two conclusions are impossible to escape: First, at the height of the 2016 campaign, Obama intelligence officials anxiously adopted Christopher Steele’s allegations of traitorous conduct by then-candidate Donald Trump rather than first subject his “dossier” to rigorous investigation — even though Steele himself admits that his “raw,” “unverified” reports might not be true. Second, at the same time the FBI was receiving Steele’s reports — which were based on multiple-hearsay from anonymous Russian sources, and paid for by the Clinton campaign — Obama intelligence officials were briefing congressional leaders about them, thereby ensuring that they’d be publicized just six weeks before Election Day."

....you know...it's a shame clinton and obama & co went to such lengths and still lost........
scottw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2018, 08:33 AM   #66
wdmso
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Somerset MA
Posts: 2,432
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottw View Post
"When you look at it hard, two conclusions are impossible to escape: First, at the height of the 2016 campaign, Obama intelligence officials anxiously adopted Christopher Steele’s allegations of traitorous conduct by then-candidate Donald Trump rather than first subject his “dossier” to rigorous investigation — even though Steele himself admits that his “raw,” “unverified” reports might not be true. Second, at the same time the FBI was receiving Steele’s reports — which were based on multiple-hearsay from anonymous Russian sources, and paid for by the Clinton campaign — Obama intelligence officials were briefing congressional leaders about them, thereby ensuring that they’d be publicized just six weeks before Election Day."

....you know...it's a shame clinton and obama & co went to such lengths and still lost........

The Steele dossier - which became public in January 2017 - was drawn together after an investigation funded by Republicans trying to block Mr Trump from becoming the party's presidential candidate. then once he was nominated the republicans walked away and the dem's step in Facts all the facts
wdmso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2018, 09:19 AM   #67
detbuch
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 3,637
Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post
The Steele dossier - which became public in January 2017 - was drawn together after an investigation funded by Republicans trying to block Mr Trump from becoming the party's presidential candidate. then once he was nominated the republicans walked away and the dem's step in Facts all the facts
The Republicans who wanted to block Trump from becoming the Party's candidate are just as capable of dirty tricks as the Democrats are. They and the Democrats were both anti-Trump. Once he won the nomination, the dirty trick Republicans had to step aside and let the dirty trick Democrats take over.
detbuch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2018, 09:37 AM   #68
Nebe
Registered User
iTrader: (0)
 
Nebe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: newpawht
Posts: 20,171
Ooooo the “dirty trick Democrats” you might as well say “crooked hillary” or “crazy Bernie”
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Nebe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2018, 01:06 PM   #69
scottw
Registered User
iTrader: (0)
 
scottw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 6,692
Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post
The Steele dossier - which became public in January 2017 - was drawn together after an investigation funded by Republicans trying to block Mr Trump from becoming the party's presidential candidate. then once he was nominated the republicans walked away and the dem's step in Facts all the facts
if it's a fact...which republicans?
scottw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2018, 02:16 PM   #70
PaulS
Registered User
iTrader: (0)
 
PaulS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 6,377
Washington Free Beacon
PaulS is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2018, 02:27 PM   #71
scottw
Registered User
iTrader: (0)
 
scottw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 6,692
Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulS View Post
Washington Free Beacon
October 27, 2017 7:02 pm

Since its launch in February of 2012, the Washington Free Beacon has retained third party firms to conduct research on many individuals and institutions of interest to us and our readers. In that capacity, during the 2016 election cycle we retained Fusion GPS to provide research on multiple candidates in the Republican presidential primary, just as we retained other firms to assist in our research into Hillary Clinton. All of the work that Fusion GPS provided to the Free Beacon was based on public sources, and none of the work product that the Free Beacon received appears in the Steele dossier. The Free Beacon had no knowledge of or connection to the Steele dossier, did not pay for the dossier, and never had contact with, knowledge of, or provided payment for any work performed by Christopher Steele. Nor did we have any knowledge of the relationship between Fusion GPS and the Democratic National Committee, Perkins Coie, and the Clinton campaign.

Representatives of the Free Beacon approached the House Intelligence Committee today and offered to answer what questions we can in their ongoing probe of Fusion GPS and the Steele dossier. But to be clear: We stand by our reporting, and we do not apologize for our methods. We consider it our duty to report verifiable information, not falsehoods or slander, and we believe that commitment has been well demonstrated by the quality of the journalism that we produce. The First Amendment guarantees our right to engage in news-gathering as we see fit, and we intend to continue doing just that as we have since the day we launched this project.

Matthew Continetti
Editor in Chief

Michael Goldfarb
Chairman



got any other "republicans"?
scottw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2018, 02:56 PM   #72
wdmso
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Somerset MA
Posts: 2,432
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottw View Post
if it's a fact...which republicans?
ask them
http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-42586855


or ask Trump he claimed he knew who the republican was


this is what an authoritarian leader looks like

http://www.bbc.com/news/av/world-us-...-us-libel-laws

He made the comments on the day that his personal lawyer, Michael Cohen, filed a defamation lawsuit against Fusion GPS and Buzzfeed in relation to a disputed dossier on alleged ties between Russia and the Trump campaign.

Last edited by wdmso; 01-10-2018 at 03:02 PM..
wdmso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2018, 03:47 PM   #73
PaulS
Registered User
iTrader: (0)
 
PaulS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 6,377
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottw View Post



got any other "republicans"?
Don't need any other Rebulicans. They hired Fusion GPS and stopped the funding before the Steele doc. bc Trump was going to win the Rep. nomination. Then the Dems. paid for the continued research which included the Steele doc.

Who paid for it is irrelevant. What was in it is the important thing and whether it can be proven. Trump is not going to be found guilty of anything based on a doc.
PaulS is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2018, 03:47 PM   #74
detbuch
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 3,637
Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post
ask them
http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-42586855

It seems BBC doesn't know either. Nor does it seem that they have been able to verify any allegations of collusion in the Dossier.

or ask Trump he claimed he knew who the republican was

But Trump is a liar.

this is what an authoritarian leader looks like

http://www.bbc.com/news/av/world-us-...-us-libel-laws

He made the comments on the day that his personal lawyer, Michael Cohen, filed a defamation lawsuit against Fusion GPS and Buzzfeed in relation to a disputed dossier on alleged ties between Russia and the Trump campaign.
Sounds like a typical politician calling for a study or an investigation.
detbuch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2018, 05:32 AM   #75
scottw
Registered User
iTrader: (0)
 
scottw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 6,692
this is amusing isn't it?

the "republicans" = Washington Free Beacon

and

"Facts all the facts" = "ask them"

good grief....
scottw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2018, 07:48 AM   #76
PaulS
Registered User
iTrader: (0)
 
PaulS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 6,377
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottw View Post
this is amusing isn't it?

the "republicans" = Washington Free Beacon

and

"Facts all the facts" = "ask them"

good grief....
It is a conservative website hired by Rubio. Do you think they don't vote Repub?

Last edited by PaulS; 01-11-2018 at 07:56 AM..
PaulS is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2018, 08:31 AM   #77
scottw
Registered User
iTrader: (0)
 
scottw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 6,692
Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulS View Post
It is a conservative website hired by Rubio. Do you think they don't vote Repub?
a. how would you know how "they" vote? how does BBC vote?

b. I guess by that standard we can consider the mainstream media "democrat"?

Trump has really sent you guys over the deep end

Last edited by scottw; 01-11-2018 at 08:36 AM..
scottw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2018, 08:50 AM   #78
PaulS
Registered User
iTrader: (0)
 
PaulS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 6,377
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottw View Post
a. how would you know how "they" vote? how does BBC vote?

b. I guess by that standard we can consider the mainstream media "democrat"?Their own website says "conservative".

Trump has really sent you guys over the deep end
I think the only people who have gone off the deep end are trying to make a case that bc GPS was paid for by the Dems, the doc. isn't credible.
PaulS is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2018, 08:57 AM   #79
scottw
Registered User
iTrader: (0)
 
scottw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 6,692
Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulS View Post
I think the only people who have gone off the deep end are trying to make a case that bc GPS was paid for by the Dems, the doc. isn't credible.
I don't think anyone said it's not credible "because the dems paid for it"...it's credibility has come under question for other reasons mentioned below...the fact that the dems paid for it and worked in conjunction with the highly politicized obama justice department and FBI to undermine the American election process is what is truly troubling...

if you replace "republicans" with "democrats"...you guys would be screaming FASCISM!!!

again, since you guys can't seem to process ...


"Obama intelligence officials anxiously adopted Christopher Steele’s allegations of traitorous conduct by then-candidate Donald Trump rather than first subject his “dossier” to rigorous investigation — even though Steele himself admits that his “raw,” “unverified” reports might not be true. Second, at the same time the FBI was receiving Steele’s reports — which were based on multiple-hearsay from anonymous Russian sources, and paid for by the Clinton campaign — Obama intelligence officials were briefing congressional leaders about them, thereby ensuring that they’d be publicized just six weeks before Election Day."

"none of the work product that the Free Beacon received appears in the Steele dossier. The Free Beacon had no knowledge of or connection to the Steele dossier, did not pay for the dossier, and never had contact with, knowledge of, or provided payment for any work performed by Christopher Steele."

Last edited by scottw; 01-11-2018 at 09:05 AM..
scottw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2018, 09:06 AM   #80
scottw
Registered User
iTrader: (0)
 
scottw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 6,692
Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulS View Post

b. I guess by that standard we can consider the mainstream media "democrat"?Their own website says "conservative".
are there no conservative democrats left?
scottw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2018, 09:28 AM   #81
Pete F.
Master tråd morder
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: vt
Posts: 3,457
I think the biggest problem is that people confuse an intelligence dossier with facts.
An intelligence dossier is the reason you investigate further. The special prosecutor is investigating and we will see what he finds.
My opinion is that Trump has always pushed the legal envelope in business and I don't think he sees politics any differently.
Few of us are not guilty of that in some way.

Pete
In life, it's important to know when to stop arguing with people and simply let them be wrong.
Pete F. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2018, 09:51 AM   #82
scottw
Registered User
iTrader: (0)
 
scottw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 6,692
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete F. View Post
I think the biggest problem is that people confuse an intelligence dossier with facts.
An intelligence dossier is the reason you investigate further.
to be clear...this is not an American or British Intelligence dossier...this is a PRIVATE dossier...written by a former intelligence officer contracted by Clinton and the DNC as part of a dirt digging mission...of which.."Parts of the dossier have been confirmed, while others have yet to be proved or disproved,[8][9] including, as 2017 drew to a close, the dossier's allegations of collusion.[10][11] The media, intelligence community, as well as most experts have therefore treated the dossier with caution"


from wiki

After Trump emerged as the probable Republican nominee, attorney Marc Elias of the Perkins Coie law firm retained American research firm Fusion GPS to conduct opposition research about Trump on behalf of the Democratic National Committee and Clinton presidential campaign. Fusion GPS later contracted Steele to compile the dossier.[13] Following Trump's election as president, Steele continued working on the report, with funding from Democrats ceasing and financing finally coming directly from Glenn R. Simpson of Fusion GPS.

...and of course we know that the Clinton campaign and the Obama justice dept used this to try to sway an election that they were fully confident of winning.....
scottw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2018, 09:55 AM   #83
spence
Registered User
iTrader: (0)
 
spence's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: RI
Posts: 18,175
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottw View Post
to be clear...this is not an American or British Intelligence dossier...this is a PRIVATE dossier...written by a former intelligence officer contracted by Clinton and the DNC...of which.."Parts of the dossier have been confirmed, while others have yet to be proved or disproved,[8][9] including, as 2017 drew to a close, the dossier's allegations of collusion.[10][11] The media, intelligence community, as well as most experts have therefore treated the dossier with caution"


from wiki

After Trump emerged as the probable Republican nominee, attorney Marc Elias of the Perkins Coie law firm retained American research firm Fusion GPS to conduct opposition research about Trump on behalf of the Democratic National Committee and Clinton presidential campaign. Fusion GPS later contracted Steele to compile the dossier.[13] Following Trump's election as president, Steele continued working on the report, with funding from Democrats ceasing and financing finally coming directly from Glenn R. Simpson of Fusion GPS.

...and of course we know that the Clinton campaign and the Obama justice dept used this to try to sway an election that they were fully confident of winning.....
You should read the Simpson testimony released this week. It's credible and very damning.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
spence is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2018, 10:01 AM   #84
PaulS
Registered User
iTrader: (0)
 
PaulS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 6,377
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete F. View Post
I think the biggest problem is that people confuse an intelligence dossier with facts. exactly
An intelligence dossier is the reason you investigate further. The special prosecutor is investigating and we will see what he finds.
My opinion is that Trump has always pushed the legal envelope in business and I don't think he sees politics any differently.
Few of us are not guilty of that in some way.
That is exactly correct. Word is that what was in the doc. confirmed what the FBI had already heard -maybe from their source in the Trump admin. if those reports are true.
PaulS is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2018, 10:03 AM   #85
PaulS
Registered User
iTrader: (0)
 
PaulS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 6,377
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottw View Post
to be clear...this is not an American or British Intelligence dossier...this is a PRIVATE dossier...written by a former intelligence officer contracted by Clinton and the DNC as part of a dirt digging mission...of which.."Parts of the dossier have been confirmed, while others have yet to be proved or disproved,[8][9] including, as 2017 drew to a close, the dossier's allegations of collusion.[10][11] The media, intelligence community, as well as most experts have therefore treated the dossier with caution"


from wiki

After Trump emerged as the probable Republican nominee, attorney Marc Elias of the Perkins Coie law firm retained American research firm Fusion GPS to conduct opposition research about Trump on behalf of the Democratic National Committee and Clinton presidential campaign. Fusion GPS later contracted Steele to compile the dossier.[13] Following Trump's election as president, Steele continued working on the report, with funding from Democrats ceasing and financing finally coming directly from Glenn R. Simpson of Fusion GPS.

...and of course we know that the Clinton campaign and the Obama justice dept used this to try to sway an election that they were fully confident of winning.....
Most people know it was not created by the US or British intelligence service but rather by the former head of the Russian desk of MI6 (I believe).

Last edited by PaulS; 01-11-2018 at 10:09 AM..
PaulS is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2018, 10:08 AM   #86
PaulS
Registered User
iTrader: (0)
 
PaulS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 6,377
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottw;1134945
"none of the work product that the Free Beacon received appears in the Steele dossier.[COLOR="Red"
No one here claimed that. WDMSO said in post 66 "The Steele dossier - which became public in January 2017 - was drawn together after an investigation funded by Republicans trying to block Mr Trump from becoming the party's presidential candidate."[/COLOR] The Free Beacon had no knowledge of or connection to the Steele dossier, did not pay for the dossier, and never had contact with, knowledge of, or provided payment for any work performed by Christopher Steele."
You seem to be stuck on the point that the free beacon was no longer paying for GPS' work at this point. Again, who paid for it makes no difference.
PaulS is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2018, 10:12 AM   #87
scottw
Registered User
iTrader: (0)
 
scottw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 6,692
Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulS View Post
You seem to be stuck on the point that the free beacon was no longer paying for GPS' work at this point.
I don't think I've mentioned Free Beacon as an issue...read what you copied..Free Beacon says they're not connected to Steele or the dossier ...they're not relevant to the story as far as i'm concerned...you brought them into the conversation
scottw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2018, 10:14 AM   #88
scottw
Registered User
iTrader: (0)
 
scottw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 6,692
Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulS View Post
Word is that what was in the doc. confirmed what the FBI had already heard -maybe from their source in the Trump admin. if those reports are true.
yeah..."word"

you sound like Spence now
scottw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2018, 10:25 AM   #89
PaulS
Registered User
iTrader: (0)
 
PaulS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 6,377
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottw View Post
I don't think I've mentioned Free Beacon as an issue...read what you copied..Free Beacon says they're not connected to Steele or the dossier ...they're not relevant to the story as far as i'm concerned...you brought them into the conversation
So what is bothering you then that caused you to make 12 posts on this page? Is it that wdmso said "republicans"?
PaulS is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2018, 10:39 AM   #90
spence
Registered User
iTrader: (0)
 
spence's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: RI
Posts: 18,175
Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulS View Post
Most people know it was not created by the US or British intelligence service but rather by the former head of the Russian desk of MI6 (I believe).
I believe a part of it was corroborated by an inside source.

Steele wasn't just a Russian expert, according to the testimony he was hired party leaders because his expertise was spotting russian propaganda.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
spence is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:01 PM.


Powered by vBulletin. Copyright ©2000 - 2008, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Please use all necessary and proper safety precautions. STAY SAFE Striper Talk Forums
Copyright 1998-20012 Striped-Bass.com