Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 12-03-2017, 09:17 AM   #1
wdmso

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottw View Post
this is entirely the result of Obama/Clinton politicization of the FBI

No... it has everything to do with Flynn lying to the FBI and the administration claiming no one spoke to the Russians

But Trump supports are so loyal it wont matter truth has never mattered
Old 12-04-2017, 07:00 AM   #2
scottw

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post

But Trump supports are so loyal it wont matter truth has never mattered
and just to reiterate...I don't like Trump...don't think many here do ....that does not make the democrat habit of use of government through any means necessary to maintain and promote their agenda any less despicable... I judge Trump on a level playing field of rules the democrats themselves have established....hopefully, post-Trump there will be a rekindling of spirit and respect for the laws and tradition that keep all parties in check...that is lost for now as the end justifies the means clearly rules the day....

now on to obstruction...did you get the memo in your inbox yet?
Old 12-04-2017, 08:47 AM   #3
wdmso

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottw View Post
and just to reiterate...I don't like Trump...don't think many here do ....that does not make the democrat habit of use of government through any means necessary to maintain and promote their agenda any less despicable... I judge Trump on a level playing field of rules the democrats themselves have established....hopefully, post-Trump there will be a rekindling of spirit and respect for the laws and tradition that keep all parties in check...that is lost for now as the end justifies the means clearly rules the day....

now on to obstruction...did you get the memo in your inbox yet?
you as well as other appear that there is no collusion.. but the case is on going 2 guilty pleas and counting and as for obstruction he is tweeting his way right into that one .. or is that another false possibility ...
Old 12-04-2017, 08:55 AM   #4
Jim in CT

Quote:
you as well as other appear that there is no collusion.. but the case is on going 2 guilty pleas and counting and as for obstruction he is tweeting his way right into that one .. or is that another false possibility ...
Here is a sincere question, not a sarcastic wise-ass comment...

Collusion between whom? For what purpose?

When Flynn met with Russians (which he lied about, and deserves to be punished for that because he knows better), was he working for Trump at the time?
Old 12-04-2017, 04:11 PM   #5
wdmso

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
Here is a sincere question, not a sarcastic wise-ass comment...

Collusion between whom? For what purpose?

When Flynn met with Russians (which he lied about, and deserves to be punished for that because he knows better), was he working for Trump at the time?
If we knew who and for what purpose the collusion investigation would be over?.

Why do you demand answers that can only come after the investigation is complete ?
Old 12-04-2017, 04:25 PM   #6
Jim in CT

Quote:
If we knew who and for what purpose the collusion investigation would be over?.

Why do you demand answers that can only come after the investigation is complete ?
"If we knew who and for what purpose the collusion investigation would be over?. "

Nope. I was just asking what is alleged here.

"Why do you demand answers that can only come after the investigation is complete "

I didn't demand any answers, I asked a simple question. One that you could not answer.
Old 12-05-2017, 04:49 AM   #7
wdmso

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
"If we knew who and for what purpose the collusion investigation would be over?. "

Nope. I was just asking what is alleged here.

"Why do you demand answers that can only come after the investigation is complete "

I didn't demand any answers, I asked a simple question. One that you could not answer.
possible collusion is whats alleged (secret agreement or cooperation especially for an illegal or deceitful purpose )

we have seen guilty pleas on the deceitful part lying to the FBI or is that a nothing burger

how do you ask a question to some one (me) looking for an answers that you know i cant answer .. 1 because I am not involved in the investigation and #2 the whole thing is currently under investigation and a conclusion has not been made..
Old 12-04-2017, 09:58 AM   #8
scottw

Quote:

and as for obstruction he is tweeting his way right into that one .. or is that another false possibility ...
right...so hopefully they'll get him for obstructing the investigation into the collusion that they can't seem to prove
Old 12-04-2017, 09:00 AM   #9
JohnR
Certifiable Intertidal Anguiologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by spence View Post
You know better than this.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
No Spence, I do know better and I suspect several different avenues are possible and I want a proper investigation to get to the core truths.

You know how I feel WRT Russian Interference / Influence in the election, they did it and it was an operation that paid off their investment (and O should have hampered it but the effectiveness of a sternly worded letter dot dot dot) . This is what Russians do, the Soviets did (to the benefit of Dem party for decades) and what the Czars did before them (something a barely competent Secretary of State would know).

I do not think they "Hacked" the election tampering with voting machines. The Dems still effed up running Hillary who beat - or stole - from Marty from MD, The Missing Link, and a Commie. That is what cost the middle.

I believe DJT has more shadiness with RUS than what is confirmed and I also believe the Russians actively sprinkle false breadcrumbs for people to chase in addition to legit stuff. The Steele Dossier is parts truth and half truth mixed with pure make believe - which is far more effective at polluting the political environment than an all true document.

But I do not see a post-election transition team discussing things with the RUS as colluding. We do not have verifiable proof the DJT "colluded" with RUS to rig election or hack influence (like Wikileaks). The Mueller investigation has not provided proof that there was collusion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by spence View Post
To some, Clinton's improper use of private email is the same thing as colluding with the enemy to undermine your own government.
There ya go again with a little misdirection, and those some would be wrong. There is a difference between collusion (actively working with) and being numb nuts effing stupid with massive doses of hubris and political privilege placing significant amounts of data on unmanaged and unsecured servers for other nations' competent intelligence services to pluck from.

~Fix the Bait~ ~Pogies Forever~

Striped Bass Fishing - All Stripers

Kobayashi Maru Election - there is no way to win.

Apocalypse is Coming:
Old 12-04-2017, 10:01 AM   #10
scottw

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnR View Post

and political privilege placing significant amounts of data on unmanaged and unsecured servers for other nations' competent intelligence services to pluck from.
and remember, Obama was conversing with her highness under a pseudonym on that unsecured server
Old 12-04-2017, 04:07 PM   #11
spence

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnR View Post
But I do not see a post-election transition team discussing things with the RUS as colluding. We do not have verifiable proof the DJT "colluded" with RUS to rig election or hack influence (like Wikileaks). The Mueller investigation has not provided proof that there was collusion.
At this point I don't think it's the point of the Mueller investigation to provide proof for anything beyond what they have indicted. Certainly these plea agreements are not given as get out of jail free cards. They are evidence that further indictments are justified for more severe crimes.

There's also plenty of evidence that does indicate pre-election collusion did occur. Even if it wasn't substantial we do know for a fact there were attempts to collude with Russia and Wikileaks (i.e. Russia) to influence the election.

Roll this together with the Turkey connection to kidnap a dissident, attempts to influence US policy at the UN and lest we not forget Manefort's earlier efforts to set GOP policy relative to his cash payments...there's a lot to go on. Even if it's not 100%. And there's no Russian trickery in that calculation.