Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » The Scuppers

The Scuppers This is a new forum for the not necessarily fishing related topics...

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-02-2015, 07:54 AM   #1
Duke41
got gas?

WAHHHH, WAHHHH I hate Winter Sniffle

About the constant stream of whining and bitching about the awful snow and how you are going to move South etc,, Enough. Let me tell you from someone who lived in Tampa Florida (1 Year) and Dallas Texas( 5 years) .
New England has the rest of the country beat hands down. So you don't ski and you don't snow mobile and you got the take the broken down T and pot holes and other crybaby crap. So we got to put up with 8-10 dead zone weeks of no real sports and we cant go outside because the f-ing snow has buried our house. SUCK IT UP. WE GOT IT ALL HERE.

The Cape
Newport
Boston
The Super Bowl Champion Patriots
The Red Sox( not counting last years disaster)
Fall
Spring (when it doesn't rain every dam weekend)
Huge oak trees
Pine Trees
Deep green rich grass
Bruins
A million places to ski
Lakes and mountains and forests
Vermont and New Hampshire
Maine I guess
We don't live in Connecticut
Excellent colleges
Real lobsters and seafood from the ocean instead of some pig waste feeder pond.
Smart people
Democrats
Ted Williams
Tom Brady
Bill Belichick
Quonset Airshow
Tradition
Bunker Hill
Paul Revere
Southie
St Patrick's Day Parades
Irish people
Jewish people
Chinatown
The North End
The Hill
Wimpy Skippys
Beaches everywhere
Clam chowder made with milk
Brown Eggs
Catholics

When I lived in Dallas, the Dallas Morning News tried to come up with a list of 10 fun things to do in the city. The could only come up with 6.
One of which is going to Depository where that asshat shot JFK. What a blast huh. I went once people where sobbing and it was like your best friends funeral. That left 5 fun things 2 were in Fort Worth the next city over and 1 was repeated. Cowboys games and SMU Games.

In Southeastern Mass we have an embarrassment of Riches. So Karma sucks and we have to take our shot for 10 weeks. I say screw it, bury me in snow so high I need a snorkel to go outside. Karma gives and takes away but mostly gives. So when you drag your whinny ass out of bed tomorrow and look out the window don't say goddam snow. Nope Say I love New England thank God I live here. 22 Days to Spring! so die winter die!!.
Duke41 is offline   Reply With Quote