Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 03-06-2007, 06:32 PM   #1
Hooper
Southsider

This week's Deval scandal....

http://www.boston.com/news/local/mas...alf_of_lender/

But, the call wasn't made as the Governor, but rather as a private citizen....

It's too bad, I'd like to see the guy do well, but he can't seem to keep himself outta the papers.....
Old 03-06-2007, 06:37 PM   #2
buckman

Just one more" do as I say, not as I do" He'll get a pass .
Old 03-07-2007, 06:08 PM   #3
stripersnipr

Imagine the crap he'd be pulling if he wasn't under this degree of scrutiny?
Old 03-07-2007, 06:38 PM   #4
sok
North Shore Lurker

Anyone else starting to see a pattern?
How long has he been in office?
More apologies than months in office.
Old 03-07-2007, 06:44 PM   #5
afterhours
Afterhours Custom Plugs

....another clown.

www.afterhoursplugs.com

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Afterh...428173?created

Instagram - afterhourscustom

Official S-B.com Sponsor

GAMEFISH NOW

"A GAMEFISH (WHICH STRIPED BASS SHOULD BE) IS TOO VALUABLE TO BE CAUGHT ONLY ONCE"...LEE WULFF
Old 03-08-2007, 07:33 AM   #6
Bronko

He is the Brittney Spears of politics. He is losing it in front of us. I mean this is beyond silly. The Globe has been KILLING him the last couple of days. You know you are in trouble if you are a black liberal democrat who received the full backing of the Globe and now they have turned the dogs on you. Their is an ethics commission investigation warming up in the bullpen and ole' Deval is in trouble.

The charm of fishing is that it is the pursuit of what is elusive but attainable, a perpetual series of occasions for hope. ~John Buchan
Old 03-08-2007, 09:59 AM   #7
Swimmer
Retired Surfer

Not very bright for a "harvard alum" is he. Anyone in public service knows he should have had his aide make the call. The next few years are going to be entertaining. Thanks to all who voted for him.

Swimmer a.k.a. YO YO MA
Serial Mailbox Killer/Seal Fisherman
Old 03-08-2007, 10:39 AM   #8
Bronko

I voted for Muffy!

The best part is, his moonbats that supported him during his campaign are already jumping ship. His first order of business everyday is to issue an apology for the previous day.

The charm of fishing is that it is the pursuit of what is elusive but attainable, a perpetual series of occasions for hope. ~John Buchan
Old 03-08-2007, 11:58 AM   #9
Hooper
Southsider

Time to sell out and head south!!!
Old 03-08-2007, 01:49 PM   #10
Mike P
Jiggin' Leper Lawyer

Don't blame me--I voted for Gabrielli

Wise men speak because they have something to say; Fools, because they have to say something.
Old 03-09-2007, 01:32 PM   #11
fishonnelsons

Don't know if this was said/discussed previously, but did they hire an "Admin. Assistant"/Secretary or whatever for his wife to take care of her appointmnets and appearances?? For $75,000 a year??
Old 03-09-2007, 02:00 PM   #12
stripersnipr

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishonnelsons View Post
Don't know if this was said/discussed previously, but did they hire an "Admin. Assistant"/Secretary or whatever for his wife to take care of her appointmnets and appearances?? For $75,000 a year??
No,no, no............that was all a big misunderstanding.
They are only paying her $72,000.00 per year.
Old 03-09-2007, 02:13 PM   #13
Swimmer
Retired Surfer

Deval Patrick

Here is a guy who Coke hired because while he was with the Feds. he was investigating Cokes hiring practices in relation to the discriminatory hiring practices of that company and if a person of color was hired how they were treated while they were employed there. He was bought, traded, err I mean hired away from the Feds. to fix the problem at Coke. Then another company hired him to do the same thing. Then Ameri-Quest hired him to be thier token black man/racial quota fixer. You remember Ameri-Quest the company execs just had him intercede on the behalf in regard to predatory lending practices in Massachusetts. And do you know the color of most the people that he made the phone call against for Ameri-Quest. Patrick was a token black man in all of these companies and was richly rewarded. He made millions in stock options only to work at each place just a short time because all of the companies were under scutiny for biased activities with minority employees. And I'll bet they are still biased, just not under scutiny anymore.

To me it makes him more of a racist than an Ozarks hillbilly whose only cleans clothes he owns are the white sheets he wears at Saturday night crossburnings.

He has yet to stand up for law abiding citizens of Massachusetts, but he runs to a meeting of lawbreakers, illegal aliens, and embraces them. Its only a short time until he pardons Benjamin Laguer, the rapist.

Swimmer a.k.a. YO YO MA
Serial Mailbox Killer/Seal Fisherman
Old 03-09-2007, 06:22 PM   #14
stripersnipr

He is now outraged that the Feds had the audacity to round up Illegal Immigrants in New Bedford the other day. He is demanding that they all are brought back to or remain in Massachusetts. I think we can probably expect him to seek voting rights for them prior to the next election.