Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 12-16-2020, 05:15 AM   #31
scottw

actually...california(trump country) is doing even better than 35k

DEC. 14, 2020
California has shattered another grim record — more than 42,000 coronavirus cases in a single day, breaking a record set just a week ago.
Old 12-16-2020, 06:24 AM   #32
scottw

dear pete,.....

South Korea facing record COVID-19 infections in third wave | ABC News
Dec 14, 2020

ABC News (Australia)

South Korea is struggling to deal with record breaking coronavirus cases.

Schools in Seoul are now moving to remote learning and citizens have been warned that restrictions may be raised to the highest level.
Old 12-16-2020, 07:38 AM   #33
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottw View Post
dear pete,.....

South Korea facing record COVID-19 infections in third wave | ABC News
Dec 14, 2020

ABC News (Australia)

South Korea is struggling to deal with record breaking coronavirus cases.

Schools in Seoul are now moving to remote learning and citizens have been warned that restrictions may be raised to the highest level.
They’re struggling while our current leader is golfing

South Korea is considering imposing restrictions because infection rates have increased to 1.7 per 100K
Meanwhile in the USA rates have gone to 62.3
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Niles: You have met “people”, haven’t you?

Lets Go Darwin
Old 12-16-2020, 08:12 AM   #34
scottw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete F. View Post

South Korea is considering imposing restrictions because infection rates have increased to 1.7 per 100K
Meanwhile in the USA rates have gone to 62.3
what is preventing democrat governors and mayors from imposing more severe restrictions particularly since it has become as bad as you say in order to stop this horrible plague? That genius governor in California apparently has no power against it...it'll probably make him a top candidate for a cabinet position like governor nipple earrings
Old 12-16-2020, 08:32 AM   #35
Pete F.
Canceled

You think everyplace is the same?
A tiny, crowded bodega is different from a spacious high-end supermarket. People in lower-income neighborhoods also traveled more, commuting to work or leaving home more often for groceries and other essentials...
Old 12-16-2020, 08:41 AM   #36
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
what is preventing democrat governors and mayors from imposing more severe restrictions particularly since it has become as bad as you say in order to stop this horrible plague? That genius governor in California apparently has no power against it...it'll probably make him a top candidate for a cabinet position like governor nipple earrings
A Republican mayor in western Kansas has announced in a letter to city officials and on social media that she is resigning, effective immediately, because of threats she has received after she publicly supported a mask mandate.

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Lets Go Darwin
Old 12-16-2020, 09:52 AM   #37
scottw

Quote:
You think everyplace is the same?
A tiny, crowded bodega is different from a spacious high-end supermarket. People in lower-income neighborhoods also traveled more, commuting to work or leaving home more often for groceries and other essentials...
that's not an answer

why do you pose a stupid question like that then support the stupid question with stupidity?
Old 12-16-2020, 10:34 AM   #38
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
that's not an answer

why do you pose a stupid question like that then support the stupid question with stupidity?
Here's your answer, this is what is being done to Republicans by Trumplicans, I'm assuming that it's geometrically greater for Dems.
But you seem to think that Democratic states are monolithically aligned except for poor victims, standing nobly alone.

A Republican mayor in western Kansas has announced in a letter to city officials and on social media that she is resigning, effective immediately, because of threats she has received after she publicly supported a mask mandate.

Lets Go Darwin
Old 12-16-2020, 11:04 AM   #39
scottw

Quote:
Here's your answer, this is what is being done to Republicans by Trumplicans, I'm assuming that it's geometrically greater for Dems.
But you seem to think that Democratic states are monolithically aligned except for poor victims, standing nobly alone.

oh good more stupidity...
Old 12-16-2020, 11:24 AM   #40
wdmso

new societal rules and guidelines lectured to us by by our overseers(who don't follow them themselves because they know most of it is bs)

Spoken like the a true Trump cult member ,,, love the term overseers ,,, I guess they are all Democrats

yet Conservatives are like mask are an infringement a form of control !! Yet they are the same people who support Trumps attempts of over throwing an election openly calling for marshal law and or a civil war Allen west the head of the GOP is suggesting Secession. Then back tracks saying ,,, West argued that states who he says have violated the Constitution by certifying what he and other Republicans have alleged to be fraudulent votes for President-elect Joe Biden are the "real perpetrators of secession." All with out anything their just hooked on a feeling. Convinced their Tru Patriots,,, more like parrots
Old 12-16-2020, 11:52 AM   #41
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
oh good more stupidity...
It's just "Meine Ehre heißt Treue" all the time with you

Lets Go Darwin
Old 12-16-2020, 01:07 PM   #42
spence

More right wing election stupidity

Quote:
An air-conditioning repairman was driving his truck through Houston in late October when a black SUV suddenly slammed into his tail. When he got out, the SUV’s driver leaped out and pointed a gun at his head, police said.

When police arrived, the gunman offered an incredible tale: The driver, he said, was the face of a vast election-fraud scheme and had about 750,000 fake ballots stuffed inside his truck.

That story was totally bogus, police now say. The man’s truck was full of nothing but A/C parts, and the gunman — Mark Anthony Aguirre, a former Houston Police Department captain — had been paid more than $250,000 by a right-wing organization to pursue far-fetched voter-fraud conspiracy theories.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/natio...-a9VEJTYbsvZKk
Old 12-16-2020, 01:24 PM   #43
The Dad Fisherman
Super Moderator

Well, no one side owns the patent on crazy
Old 12-16-2020, 01:35 PM   #44
PaulS

“Our first session of New Member Orientation covered COVID in Congress.Masks, masks, masks....I proudly told my freshman class that masks are oppressive.In GA, we work out, shop, go to restaurants, go to work, and school without masks. My body, my choice#FreeYourFace

— Marjorie Taylor Greene ���� (@mtgreenee) November 13, 2020
Old 12-16-2020, 01:52 PM   #45
Pete F.
Canceled

A top Trump appointee, Paul Alexander, repeatedly urged top health officials to adopt a "herd immunity" approach to Covid-19 and allow millions of Americans to be infected by the virus, according to Politico.

"We want them infected," he said.
Old 12-16-2020, 04:20 PM   #46
wdmso

I was in Washington, D.C. There is no monument to Richard M. Nixon, the peacemaker. He saved the nation from domestic turmoil so bad that the only parallel I can think of is the USA in 1861.

He set the stage for winning the Cold War. He set hundreds of millions of Chinese free.

He saved Eretz Israel’s life and probably went to greater risks for the Jewish people than any world or national leader has ever done. He was a major hero of Civil Rights, but that’s another story.

Still, there are no monuments to him, and there should be.

And there are — of course — no monuments to Trump.

He was a true hero.

He warded off war with Pyongyang.

He made giant steps towards peace in and around the Mideast. He was — after Nixon — the best friend Israel has ever had.

But he stood up to the media elite and to the Deep State, and they did him in — just the way they did to Nixon. Not many of us Jews stood up for him when he needed us.

He was a real lover of the Constitution. That was not allowed in this era, when race, and not law, determine everything. I will definitely not live to see a Trump Memorial, but maybe my granddaughter will. Anyway, he is enshrined forever in my heart.

Ben Stein

I don’t know what to say? Other than it seems Stein like most Trumplicans love to create a propagandist view of their dear leader, I found this part interesting
He (Trump) was a real lover of the constitution. PS saw this at newsmax

Last edited by wdmso; 12-16-2020 at 04:26 PM..
Old 12-16-2020, 04:29 PM   #47
wdmso

Quote:
Originally Posted by spence View Post
This is what Right wing Racialization looks like ... it’s gone mainstream in the Republican party
Old 12-16-2020, 05:42 PM   #48
The Dad Fisherman
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by spence View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dad Fisherman View Post
I rest my case

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post
This is what Right wing Racialization looks like ... it’s gone mainstream in the Republican party

"If you're arguing with an idiot, make sure he isn't doing the same thing."
Old 12-16-2020, 06:23 PM   #49
spence

Quote:
To some degree that’s true but I don’t think there’s any comparison with what we’ve seen under Trump. He brings out the crazies like when pencil neck Peck shut down the power grid.
Old 12-16-2020, 07:35 PM   #50
wdmso

Quote:
I rest my case

Deep State Pushes to Deep-Six Intelligence Report Demonstrating Chinese Interference in 2020 Election

Director of National Intelligence John Ratcliffe is considering not signing an intelligence report to Congress if it does not accurately reflect an ongoing debate among intelligence community career analysts over Chinese attempts to influence American voters in the 2020 election, according to a source familiar with the issue.

Who’s next to blame Aliens
Old 12-16-2020, 07:46 PM   #51
Pete F.
Canceled

Well they already blamed Hugo Chavez, North Korea and Antifa.
Democrats seem to believe in facts, while Trumplicans have learned to believe in an alternative world they make up for themselves.
Old 12-17-2020, 02:07 AM   #52
scottw

Quote:

Democrats seem to believe in facts, while Trumplicans have learned to believe in an alternative world

you guys feel the need to constantly state this like little cult members that need to repeat things over and over to remind yourselves that you think they are true ...it's odd
Old 12-17-2020, 02:31 AM   #53
scottw

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post
n

Spoken like the a true Trump cult member ,,, love the term overseers ,,, I guess they are all Democrats

dear wayne, I didn't vote for trump this time, I didn't vote for trump last time, I don't like trump...I was hoping that lindsay and mitch would lose, I don't like them either and I think there should be term limits, I think there should be Washington limits which is why I would never vote for biden...the longer these people stay in washington the more they become manipulators of the system rather than public servants and biden is the current greatest example...you conveniently forget all that has happened over the last 4 years, the lies you participated in repeating regarding trump and those around him, you have attacked him for for years..non-stop...whatever the media that you subscribe tells you, you repeat, dutifully, without question, you repeat...as with the various voting issues that you will never delve into beyond what you are told by partisans on msnbc and elsewhere...keep up the good work....

yes overseers, our democrat governor lectured everyone in our state last Thursday as if we were 8 year olds, she particularly called out and insulted the district school superintendents who had decided to move to virtual learning for the rest of the year...she also commented, "to those of you who are about to lose your business', we can get through this"...and then she was photographed out at a fancy restaurant last weekend, no mask, big glass of wine, the people at the tables around he had no masks....and now she is quarantining because her DOH director and Thursday sidekick has tested positive for covid....this is at least the second time for her as she was at one of the big rallies mask-less earlier in the year after lecturing everyone for weeks to "wear your mask"

so yeah, overseer and she sucks
Old 12-17-2020, 08:58 AM   #54
wdmso

Quote:
dear wayne, I didn't vote for trump this time, I didn't vote for trump last time, I don't like trump...I was hoping that lindsay and mitch would lose, I don't like them either and I think there should be term limits, I think there should be Washington limits which is why I would never vote for biden...the longer these people stay in washington the more they become manipulators of the system rather than public servants and biden is the current greatest example...you conveniently forget all that has happened over the last 4 years, the lies you participated in repeating regarding trump and those around him, you have attacked him for for years..non-stop...whatever the media that you subscribe tells you, you repeat, dutifully, without question, you repeat...as with the various voting issues that you will never delve into beyond what you are told by partisans on msnbc and elsewhere...keep up the good work....

yes overseers, our democrat governor lectured everyone in our state last Thursday as if we were 8 year olds, she particularly called out and insulted the district school superintendents who had decided to move to virtual learning for the rest of the year...she also commented, "to those of you who are about to lose your business', we can get through this"...and then she was photographed out at a fancy restaurant last weekend, no mask, big glass of wine, the people at the tables around he had no masks....and now she is quarantining because her DOH director and Thursday sidekick has tested positive for covid....this is at least the second time for her as she was at one of the big rallies mask-less earlier in the year after lecturing everyone for weeks to "wear your mask"

so yeah, overseer and she sucks
Just because you didnt vote for him ? Whats that mean. Are you next going to say you never defended him ? You only pushed back on the overseers and the media.
TRUMPS issues where his own , they were actually based on events that actually happened .. and its always falls back on the deep state mantra. From his impeachment to him lossing the election to Bindens laptop , which trump is pissed at Barr about for not putting it out. So it could help him Sounds like what he did with Ukraine..

But if you support the policy or the agenda you support Trump indirectly, but willingly

On restrictions and lockdowns the right crys endlessly about .

Bring that up with the administration who ingnored every warning and kept lying .. and now the 2nd wave is far worse then the 1st .. imagine if the Governors aka overseers did nothing where do you think the death count would be?

Because we know what the models show when you doing nothing ..

And thats why Trump lost doing nothing was only acceptable in his base.
Old 12-17-2020, 12:43 PM   #55
PaulS

Another reason I left the Repub. party.

Make no mistake. We are at war. The Democratic Party hijacked our 2020 Presidential Election and have committed treason," Chase wrote in a Facebook post late Wednesday night. "Where the hell are the Republicans? Did Dominion Voting Systems buy you out too? I hear nothing but crickets."

If legislators, courts and Congress don't "follow the Constitution," the Virginia state senator said Trump should invoke martial law to allow the military to oversee a new "free and fair federal election."

Chase's opinion puts her in the minority but she's not alone in her support of Trump using martial law to run a new election. Lieutenant General Michael Flynn, Trump's former national security adviser, endorsed the method.
Old 12-17-2020, 01:47 PM   #56
scottw

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulS View Post

Another reason I left the Repub. party.

you left the republican party because someone nobody has ever heard of named chase said something? hopefully she doesn't spray paint your property, or assault anyone or burn any cars or buildings, that would probably really make you mad...
Old 12-17-2020, 02:29 PM   #57
Pete F.
Canceled

Who planned to kidnap the Governor of Michigan?
You think nobody is planning another Oklahoma City?
Ex-cop rams van of suspected fake ballots?

White supremacists and other like-minded extremists conducted two-thirds of the terrorist plots and attacks in the United States in 2020, according to new CSIS data. Anarchists, anti-fascists, and other like-minded extremists orchestrated 20 percent of the plots and attacks, though the number of incidents grew from previous years as these extremists targeted law enforcement, military, and government facilities and personnel.

You’re just a little misdirected
Old 12-17-2020, 02:37 PM   #58
scottw

Quote:

White supremacists and other like-minded extremists conducted two-thirds of the terrorist plots and attacks in the United States in 2020, according to new CSIS data. Anarchists, anti-fascists, and other like-minded extremists orchestrated 20 percent of the plots and attacks, though the number of incidents grew from previous years as these extremists targeted law enforcement, military, and government facilities and personnel.

I bet you are pretty disappointed that the militias haven't started maneuvers yet..I bet if trump was announced the winner on election night there would have been some serious mayhem from your co-conspirators
Old 12-17-2020, 02:59 PM   #59
Pete F.
Canceled

Oh, would that be a but Antifa?
Old 12-17-2020, 03:54 PM   #60
detbuch

Quote:

From the article which you quote (https://www.csis.org/analysis/war-co...nited-states):

Terms such as far-right and far-left terrorism do not correspond to mainstream political parties in the United States, such as the Republican and Democratic parties.

Terrorism is orchestrated by a small set of violent extremists.

Far left individuals and networks have increasingly used firearms in addition to explosives and incendiary devices in conducting attacks.

49% of the weapons used by violent far right terrorists were either firearms, or explosives, or incendiaries.

84% of the weapons used by violent far left terrorists were either firearms, or explosives, or incendiaries.

Only five fatalities occured from violent terrorism in the first 8 months of 2020 (time for which the article covers). One death from far right and one death from far left. Three were by "other."

The number of fatalities from domestic terrorism today is quite low and the possibility of civil war is negligible. The U.S. has endured more violent periods in the past.