Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Main Forum » StriperTalk!

StriperTalk! All things Striper

Old 07-02-2020, 09:23 PM   #31
zimmy

Quote:
Originally Posted by redlite View Post
Maybe I shoulda taken marine biology in college instead of drinking and lacrosse

Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
I did take marine biology and I can assure you there are lots of factors that align with the state of the sb fishery. Black sea bass would be toward the very bottom of the list.

No, no, no. we’re 30… 30, three zero.
zimmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2020, 10:25 AM   #32
RickBomba

Quote:
Originally Posted by redlite View Post
I have takin that into consideration and believe it is a different situation as it is a different ecosystem with deeper faster moving water over a greater area than SE mass with a larger variety of more plentiful bait. And all those fish that habitually go there haven't been killed yet so there still hope for them especially with new regs if they actually enforce them unlike still happening at canal
Guys around here saying they not even seeing or marking even bait around here. All they gettin is sea bass galore the past few nites eeling
I know that fish change their "resident" areas as I have lived through the rise and fall of the back side and the islands and know stuff cyclical, but something is seriously out of whack around here. Can't blame it on water temps as still cooler right now than past years at this time and I have pulled plenty of supa cows out of shallow 70 + degree water.
It has been a dramatic decline in size and number of fish/ resident fish down here now over that past 3 seasons. Went from crushing ( and releasing ) sizable fish to the point now where we lucky if even get a bite most nites covering a lot of real estate every tide possible. Even out snorkeling some of my spots last week that usually are an aquarium of life in the rocks is a barren wasteland. Maybe I shoulda taken marine biology in college instead of drinking and lacrosse

And I won't concede to the fact that maybe my partner and I just now suck at fishing cause we travel long ways away from here and still catch cause there are fish
One of the best pieces of advice I ever got about fishing.
" fish where there are fish, not where you wish there were fish"
You took those classes, too, huh?

I think I might remember when you were in college, as well.

John Redmond Thinks He's Smart By Changing My Avatar
RickBomba is offline   Reply With Quote