Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 09-24-2012, 05:26 PM   #61
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by zimmy View Post
dfas
Zimmy, the Democrats absolutely had the White House and the majority of Congress. They did not have a fillibuster-proof majority, but they absolutely, 100% had a mathemaytical majority until January 2010.

The DREAM Act is not immigration reform. It's another entitlement program.
Old 09-27-2012, 04:21 PM   #62
spence

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
Zimmy, the Democrats absolutely had the White House and the majority of Congress. They did not have a fillibuster-proof majority, but they absolutely, 100% had a mathemaytical majority until January 2010.
If you'd been paying attention you'd know that that doesn't really matter...

Quote:
The DREAM Act is not immigration reform. It's another entitlement program.
Clearly you don't have a clue what the DREAM Act even was then.

Please do some homework before posting, it's getting distracting.

-spence
Old 09-27-2012, 04:22 PM   #63
spence

I'm still worried about Romney by the way. The hit he took over the 47% debacle has him this week touting his MA health care plan and how he cares so much for all Americans. When he's unscripted the man can find a way to contradict himself multiple times in the same statement.

And I thought my Audi had a tight turning radius!

-spence
Old 09-27-2012, 10:42 PM   #64
Piscator

Quote:
Originally Posted by spence View Post
I'm still worried about Romney by the way. The hit he took over the 47% debacle has him this week touting his MA health care plan and how he cares so much for all Americans. When he's unscripted the man can find a way to contradict himself multiple times in the same statement.

-spence
Audi's are sooooooo gay.......
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

"I know a taxidermy man back home. He gonna have a heart attack when he see what I brung him!"
Old 09-28-2012, 05:12 AM   #65
spence

Quote:
Originally Posted by Piscator View Post
Audi's are sooooooo gay.......
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
It was two cars ago...

-spence
Old 09-29-2012, 05:57 AM   #66
scottw

Quote:

-spence
I'm worried about you you're never voting for him so don't worry about the troubles that you percieve for him, celebrate them in your mind

today Rasmussen Obama 47 Romney 46

you should focus your concern on your hero...

Posted 09/27/2012

The final revision for the second quarter is in, and it isn't pretty: GDP grew at a yearly rate of just 1.3%, not 1.7% as earlier estimated. Worse, durable goods orders plunged 13.2% in August, the biggest drop since the recession and an ominous sign the second half will be just as bad.

it will be hilaroius if Obama ends up with 47%

Last edited by scottw; 09-29-2012 at 06:18 AM..
Old 09-29-2012, 07:04 AM   #67
buckman

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottw View Post

it will be hilaroius if Obama ends up with 47%
I just choked on my coffee People that skip this forum miss out on some pretty funny sheet.
Old 09-29-2012, 07:21 AM   #68
scottw

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckman View Post
I just choked on my coffee People that skip this forum miss out on some pretty funny sheet.
just hope you weren't laughing at how I spelled hilarious
Old 09-29-2012, 08:23 AM   #69
spence

Quote:
I'm worried about you you're never voting for him so don't worry about the troubles that you percieve for him, celebrate them in your mind
I've left my mind open until we get more data. Romney is vacillating so hard on some key issues I'm not sure which Mitt Romney is going to be there come election day.

Quote:
you should focus your concern on your hero...

Posted 09/27/2012

The final revision for the second quarter is in, and it isn't pretty: GDP grew at a yearly rate of just 1.3%, not 1.7% as earlier estimated. Worse, durable goods orders plunged 13.2% in August, the biggest drop since the recession and an ominous sign the second half will be just as bad.
Durable goods orders in some sectors like aero were sky high earlier this summer and the market is just stabilizing. Other manufacturing indicators were positive in August, you can't just strip out a metric that makes you happy and pretend it paints a full picture.

The global slowdown is going to be a drag on the economy and there's little President Obama or Gov. Romney can do about it.

Perhaps the biggest thing we can control is a resolution on planned Government spending cuts if Congress can't get their act together...this would put a real and immediate dent in GDP.

-spence
Old 09-29-2012, 11:01 AM   #70
scottw

Quote:

I've left my mind open...

-spence
now that's funny!!!!
Old 09-29-2012, 11:16 AM   #71
RIROCKHOUND
Also known as OAK

Quote:
now that's funny!!!!
Would have been funnier if you said it...

Bryan

Originally Posted by #^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&
"For once I agree with Spence. UGH. I just hope I don't get the urge to go start buying armani suits to wear in my shop"
Old 09-29-2012, 11:36 AM   #72
scottw

Quote:
Originally Posted by RIROCKHOUND View Post
Would have been funnier if you said it...
based on what Bryan?

not something that I'd claim because I find that the people who claim or brag about their "open-mindedness" are usually some of the most closed-minded and idealogical individuals that you could ever want to meet, they just view their own narrow version of "open-mindedness" as "superior" to other's open or closed-mindedness depending on how you measure it
Old 09-29-2012, 12:40 PM   #73
JohnnyD

I'm concerned that Mitt and Obama are allegedly the two "best" options this country has to lead us out of the economic collapse and towards unifying the country as a whole.

Btw, anyone keeping track of the Student Loan Bubble that's primed to burst? Aside from Warren claiming we should provide event more debt support (with what funds is still confusing), I haven't heard much in the way of our two main presidential candidates opinions on the student loan debt that people voluntarily signed up for.
The Student Loan Bubble In 19 Simple Charts | ZeroHedge
The guys at Zero Hedge have been doing an excellent job (and probably the only job) tracking yet another possible financial collapse.
Old 09-29-2012, 01:28 PM   #74
scottw

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyD View Post
I'm concerned that Mitt and Obama are allegedly the two "best" options this country has to lead us out of the economic collapse and towards unifying the country as a whole.

Btw, anyone keeping track of the Student Loan Bubble that's primed to burst?
the Federal Government should institute a "fee" on everyone's phone bill and call it the "Universal Education Fee", which is very different from a tax as we've learned from Spence, and then apply that money to help pay for the student loans that former students can't or won't pay for, after all...they are "guaranteed".....I think that's "open-minded" thinking