Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 11-03-2021, 09:22 AM   #31
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottw View Post
said nobody ever.......
literally, nothing close to anything that has been said. but that’s what he responds to. who is he responding to?
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Old 11-03-2021, 09:26 AM   #32
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post
No Jim you are a Trumplican because at every Turn you attempt explain away any responsibility the GOP has in the Jan 6th events and it’s aftermath , while saying you condemn it.

time after time trying to compare events , some decades ago and some recent. that absolutely in no way shape or form resembles what happened, it’s called Denial
i think trump bears some responsibility for january 6th. never, ever said otherwise. i think impeachment was a farce, but i think i he bears some responsibility for things he said about Pence, and for not condemning it.

i think far more republicans condemned january 6, than democrats condemned the blm riots, even those were much bloodier and more destructive.

denial? you refuse to comment on democrat attempts to undermine the 2016 election, and you refuse to comment on the poll
clearly showing that americans liked trumps policies, you refuse to admit that democrats were often on the side of the blm rioters. you can’t comment on anything which you can’t spin as favorable to your side. i constantly criticize my own side. but i’m in denial. gotcha.
Old 11-03-2021, 09:51 AM   #33
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
as to CRT. my kids’ middle school
doesn’t have a course called CRT. if i look at his report card, i see grades for science, math, english, nothing for CRT. If i go to parent/teacher conferences, there’s isn’t a formal CRTteacher i can meet with. there’s no textbook called “CRT”.

but it’s taught. my son has had to write papers on what his responsibility is to fix racial injustice. so am i lying when i say CRT is taught?

the parents aren’t making this up. you guys just can’t concede that there could ever be a valid reason to bash the left.

keep telling parents they’re lying about CRT. that strategy didn’t work well in VA, and there’s a great chance it will work less well in NC and OH.
Quote:
so when my son is told that his
skin color ( and that alone) bestows upon him the responsibility to right a historical wrong. and i say that’s CRT, how am I misinformed?

Quote:
“of course bias doesn’t exist.”

you’re really hearing those voices again, brother. because no one came close to saying that.

bias exists. not all white people are to blame.

is that going too fast for you?
You claim that the reason for the result in VA was critical race theory

I'd like to see the actual wording of the question your son was asked that caused you to think "my son has had to write papers on what his responsibility is to fix racial injustice."

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Niles: You have met “people”, haven’t you?

Lets Go Darwin
Old 11-03-2021, 09:56 AM   #34
Pete F.
Canceled

Jim thinks Liz Cheney is a RINO
What more would one need to qualify as a Trumplican?
Who other than a Trumplican would call Liz Cheney a RINO?
She voted with Trump more than almost any other Republican, even Gym Jordan.
She's one of the most conservative members of Congress.
What display of fealty, or lack thereof is required to qualify her as a RINO?

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Lets Go Darwin
Old 11-03-2021, 09:59 AM   #35
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete F. View Post
You claim that the reason for the result in VA was critical race theory

I'd like to see the actual wording of the question your son was asked that caused you to think "my son has had to write papers on what his responsibility is to fix racial injustice."
that’s not “my claim.”. it’s fact. McAuluffe was comfortable ahead until he made that idiotic public statement that parents have no say i. what their kids are taught. every single poll had education high on the list of concerns. not “my claim.”

if i found the exact assignment and posted it, what’s the likelihood that you’d agree i have a point? Zero.

our children have been denied over a year of basic education. schools
need to spend more time on the basics, less time on divisive liberal indoctrination. if you think that’s just “my claim”, ask governor McAuliffe if i’m making that up, or if people agree with me.
Old 11-03-2021, 10:28 AM   #36
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
that’s not “my claim.”. it’s fact. McAuluffe was comfortable ahead until he made that idiotic public statement that parents have no say i. what their kids are taught. every single poll had education high on the list of concerns. not “my claim.”

if i found the exact assignment and posted it, what’s the likelihood that you’d agree i have a point? Zero.

our children have been denied over a year of basic education. schools
need to spend more time on the basics, less time on divisive liberal indoctrination. if you think that’s just “my claim”, ask governor McAuliffe if i’m making that up, or if people agree with me.
Critical race theory top factor for 25% of Virginia voters, while 72% called it important: Fox analysis

As I thought, you made it up.

And I thought you said your kids were in catholic school?
Is the Pope into CRT also?

Lets Go Darwin
Old 11-03-2021, 10:31 AM   #37
scottw

Quote:

Critical race theory top factor for 25% of Virginia voters, while 72% called it important:

so many misinformed idiot trumplicans...probably need to get going on those re-education camps
Old 11-03-2021, 10:57 AM   #38
Jim in CT

Quote:
Critical race theory top factor for 25% of Virginia voters, while 72% called it important: Fox analysis

wait a minute. 72% said it was important, and that means i made it up? how does that not prove me right??
Old 11-03-2021, 10:58 AM   #39
Jim in CT

Quote:
so many misinformed idiot trumplicans...probably need to get going on those re-education camps
me; CRT was an important issue.

Pete: 72% said it was important. Ha ha, i proves you wrong!

what would it take, exactly, to convince him i was right, when i said it was an important issue?
Old 11-03-2021, 10:58 AM   #40
Jim in CT

Quote:
me thinks we’re going to do nicely next year.
Old 11-03-2021, 11:02 AM   #41
spence

Quote:
wait a minute. 72% said it was important, and that means i made it up? how does that not prove me right??
That doesn’t mean what you think it means.
Old 11-03-2021, 11:16 AM   #42
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
Jim thinks Liz Cheney is a RINO
What more would one need to qualify as a Trumplican?
Who other than a Trumplican would call Liz Cheney a RINO?
She voted with Trump more than almost any other Republican, even Gym Jordan.
She's one of the most conservative members of Congress.
What display of fealty, or lack thereof is required to qualify her as a RINO?
Quote:

Quote:
First of all, just what makes Liz Cheney a Rino?
And second, what I think you made up was the question to your child in school that made him guilty........

Lets Go Darwin
Old 11-03-2021, 11:32 AM   #43
spence

VA doesn’t really surprise me. Republicans did a great job of misleading and scaring voters over issues like CRT and the trans bathroom policy. VA almost never votes for someone to serve two terms as gov or votes with the party in the White House. Mcauliffe made some big mistakes as well.
Old 11-03-2021, 12:05 PM   #44
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by spence View Post
That doesn’t mean what you think it means.
From the guy who said Biden was doing swell in the polls.

What I said, and therefore what I think, is that one of the big issues in the election, was (1) parents concern about what's going on in public schools (divisive racial topics, mask mandates not based on any kind of medical consensus, boys going into the girls bathroom, sexually provocative books in libraries, etc), and (2) a belief among the same parents, that liberals don't give a fig about those concerns.

25% say it was the single most important thing, 72% say it was important. I don't think there's a whole lot of ambiguity in those numbers.

I can only hope that the people who run the DNC, come to the same exact conclusions that you are no doubt coming to.

I promise you, that I know what you think, a whole lot more accurately than you know what I think. Because you only think one thing.
Old 11-03-2021, 12:12 PM   #45
Jim in CT

Quote:
VA doesn’t really surprise me. Republicans did a great job of misleading and scaring voters over issues like CRT and the trans bathroom policy. VA almost never votes for someone to serve two terms as gov or votes with the party in the White House. Mcauliffe made some big mistakes as well.
"VA doesn’t really surprise me."

Right, you saw that coming. The guy who said Bidens tanking polling was nothing.

"misleading and scaring voters over issues like CRT"

So every single parent who brought books to BOE meetings that had racially divisive language, every parent holding a racially divisive assignment their child had to do...every single one of them was misleading the audience?

"the trans bathroom policy."

You mean the policy which allowed a male rapist to waltz into the girls bathroom and have easy access to a victim in a compromising situation with no teachers nearby? And then having a superintendent blatantly lie about having knowledge that the rape happened, so that the board could vote to expand on that bathroom policy? Nothing to be concerned about there? They covered up a rape, so that they could expand that bathroom policy. Is that mis-leading in any way?

"Mcauliffe made some big mistakes as well."

You got one right!
Old 11-03-2021, 12:16 PM   #46
The Dad Fisherman
Super Moderator

Quote:
Well since governors aren't allowed to serve consecutive terms in VA, that may have something to do with it.

"If you're arguing with an idiot, make sure he isn't doing the same thing."
Old 11-03-2021, 12:17 PM   #47
spence

Quote:
You mean the policy which allowed a male rapist to waltz into the girls bathroom and have easy access to a victim in a compromising situation with no teachers nearby?
The story was spun to fit the anti-trans narrative. First the trans bathroom policy wasn't even in place at the time. Second the two had snuck into the bathroom to have sex several times previously. Third, she chose the location. Apparently she then said no but he didn't want to stop. Its still rape and terrible but the story was twisted to fit an agenda.
Old 11-03-2021, 01:23 PM   #48
Jim in CT

Quote:
The story was spun to fit the anti-trans narrative. First the trans bathroom policy wasn't even in place at the time. Second the two had snuck into the bathroom to have sex several times previously. Third, she chose the location. Apparently she then said no but he didn't want to stop. Its still rape and terrible but the story was twisted to fit an agenda.
i believe the trans bathroom policy was in place at the time. they covered up the rape, in order to get the votes needed to extend it.

i don’t see any relevance, none, to the sexual history of a child, and i don’t want to know. no one that i have seen is saying that encounter was consensual, and the kid was convicted.

you left out that the school
officials sent the rapist to another school without telling them
he was a rapist, so he was allowed to assault a second victim.

the most infuriating part of the story, is that the superintendent knowing my lied and said he had no report of a rape taking place. when we have an earlier email from him, alluding to the rape. he called the victims father a liar in public.

you left that part out. and then obama saying no one has any valid reason to be concerned, just a bunch of lying, homophobic white supremacists ( who are being called white supremacists by the left, even though they also elected a black lieutenant governor.).

i’m sure you don’t see how trans bathroom policies make it easier for rapes to take place.
Old 11-03-2021, 01:25 PM   #49
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dad Fisherman View Post
Well since governors aren't allowed to serve consecutive terms in VA, that may have something to do with it.
that, plus racism.
Old 11-03-2021, 02:35 PM   #50
spence

Quote:
i believe the trans bathroom policy was in place at the time. they covered up the rape, in order to get the votes needed to extend it.
Both the NYT and Reason.com have reported on this. Policy was two months away.

Quote:
i don’t see any relevance, none, to the sexual history of a child, and i don’t want to know. no one that i have seen is saying that encounter was consensual, and the kid was convicted.
It's super relevant as it establishes this was not a random act of violence.

Quote:
you left out that the school officials sent the rapist to another school without telling them he was a rapist, so he was allowed to assault a second victim.
At the time the DNA evidence wasn't available and the police only have a 21 day window to act but he had to be relocated so they gave him an ankle bracelet. If distance learning was available they should have done that.

Quote:
the most infuriating part of the story, is that the superintendent knowing my lied and said he had no report of a rape taking place. when we have an earlier email from him, alluding to the rape. he called the victims father a liar in public.
Apparently the laws prohibit discussing anything about a minor when there's a legal proceeding underway and the police have to investigate it before the school can. I'm guessing the super panicked and just didn't handle the situation very well.
Quote:
i’m sure you don’t see how trans bathroom policies make it easier for rapes to take place.
I really don't. There's nothing stopping anyone from walking into another sex's bathroom and assaulting someone today. Perhaps a cheap fix are cameras outside of bathroom doors. I'm not sure if K-12 sexual assault by another student is even that common.
Old 11-03-2021, 02:54 PM   #51
Jim in CT

Quote:
Both the NYT and Reason.com have reported on this. Policy was two months away.

It's super relevant as it establishes this was not a random act of violence.

At the time the DNA evidence wasn't available and the police only have a 21 day window to act but he had to be relocated so they gave him an ankle bracelet. If distance learning was available they should have done that.

Apparently the laws prohibit discussing anything about a minor when there's a legal proceeding underway and the police have to investigate it before the school can. I'm guessing the super panicked and just didn't handle the situation very well.

I really don't. There's nothing stopping anyone from walking into another sex's bathroom and assaulting someone today. Perhaps a cheap fix are cameras outside of bathroom doors. I'm not sure if K-12 sexual assault by another student is even that common.
oh, you didn’t say it was NYT, that settles things.

the meeting where the rape was lied about, included a vote to extend the policy. there was already some kind of policy in place before that meeting, i don’t know if it was in place at the time of the rape. regardless, the superintendent lied, obviously so people would vote for the policy.

and the kids second assault, at the second school, was that random? are random acts of violence worse than acts of violence against someone you know? i have zero interest in splitting those hairs

seems obvious to me, that allowing boys into the girls room puts girls at greater risk. i’m not sure i get how that can be refuted, yet i know you don’t agree.

i taught Spence, in a large public school district. there’s no law that prevented the district from telling the second school what this kid was accused of. he could have been watched at all times. should have been watched at all times. not rocket science. .

the superintendent sent an email
to some staff, alluding to the rape. i don’t know where you’re getting the idea that it’s against the law to discuss it amongst staff, in the interest of safety.

i’m sure the father of the second victim is glad he had an ankle monitor, if that’s true.

“there’s nothing stopping someone from walking into the other sex’s. bathroom.”

yes there is. fear of getting caught breaking a rule and being called a pervert. when i taught, if i saw a boy walking into the girls room, Id be expected to physically stop him. in Loudon county today, i’d be expected to hold
the door open for him, and say “right this way”.

making a whole lot of assumptions, many of which are laughable.
Old 11-03-2021, 05:15 PM   #52
Pete F.
Canceled

Be very afraid
Jim is convinced that anyone who is not heterosexual is going to attack someone, because of course if they don’t fit within his definition of normal, all their behavior is aberrant and therefore must deviate from the norm.
And if that’s not true it demolishes his narrative.
Maybe he’s doing this because he knows as he got too close and caught gay. (Sarcasm)
Old 11-04-2021, 05:44 AM   #53
Jim in CT

Quote:
Be very afraid
Jim is convinced that anyone who is not heterosexual is going to attack someone, because of course if they don’t fit within his definition of normal, all their behavior is aberrant and therefore must deviate from the norm.
And if that’s not true it demolishes his narrative.
Maybe he’s doing this because he knows as he got too close and caught gay. (Sarcasm)
“everyone who is not heterosexual is going to attack someone.”

hearing those voices loudly, i see. I sure never said that.

you actually couldn’t be more stupidly wrong. non-heterosexuals ( i presume) would not be inclined to attack girls in the bathroom. gay men aren’t attracted to girls. What rational people are afraid of, is that dangerous heterosexuals will say “i am trans” so they can have access to girls bathrooms.

This is beyond your comprehension? it’s not conceivable to you that this could happen?

Stupid and strange, even for you.
Old 11-04-2021, 06:38 AM   #54
scottw

Quote:

gets more interesting all the time.....
Old 11-04-2021, 06:51 AM   #55
Jim in CT

Quote:
gets more interesting all the time.....
no joke.

“so you’re saying you want to slaughter everyone who disagrees with you, sell their organs on ebay, and give all the proceeds to trump…”

does t matter what you actually say. they respond to what they wish you said.
Old 11-04-2021, 07:00 AM   #56
scottw

Quote:
no joke.

“so you’re saying you want to slaughter everyone who disagrees with you, sell their organs on ebay, and give all the proceeds to trump…”

does t matter what you actually say. they respond to what they wish you said.
special kinda crazy you'd like to see making education policy
Old 11-04-2021, 07:24 AM   #57
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
“everyone who is not heterosexual is going to attack someone.”

hearing those voices loudly, i see. I sure never said that.

you actually couldn’t be more stupidly wrong. non-heterosexuals ( i presume) would not be inclined to attack girls in the bathroom. gay men aren’t attracted to girls. What rational people are afraid of, is that dangerous heterosexuals will say “i am trans” so they can have access to girls bathrooms.

This is beyond your comprehension? it’s not conceivable to you that this could happen?

Lots of things are conceivable, I assume you believe in the Bible?

Men have raped women in dressing rooms also, ask E. Jean Carroll about her experience.

Sociopaths will always be able to do things that are not within societal norms.

Maybe you should consider that the majority of rapes occur in or around the home and in 80% the rapist knows the victim.

Should we have women wear Hijabs and not speak to men outside of their families?

Think about what the odds are of what you are panicking over this time and why you are doing so, other than that you have been fed this by the media.

Be very afraid, Fox loves it

Lets Go Darwin
Old 11-04-2021, 07:36 AM   #58
Pete F.
Canceled

Back to the topic

Republicans kick and scream “voter fraud” until they win an election.

Virginia confirmed that.

Lets Go Darwin
Old 11-04-2021, 08:18 AM   #59
scottw

Quote:
Back to the topic

Republicans kick and scream “voter fraud” until they win an election.

Virginia confirmed that.
wasn't McCauliff still claiming stolen elections in previous presidential elections up until very recently?
Old 11-04-2021, 08:54 AM   #60
The Dad Fisherman
Super Moderator

Quote:
wasn't McCauliff still claiming stolen elections in previous presidential elections up until very recently?
And that whole "Abolish the Electoral College" thing.

"If you're arguing with an idiot, make sure he isn't doing the same thing."