Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 09-20-2021, 01:41 PM   #1
spence

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
Tell me why if a group of actors are tested and vaccinated, they can forgo masks. But kids who are tested and vaccinated, Can’t.
The Emmy's were a single event with a few thousand people, it would likely be be impossible to test millions of kids frequently enough not to mention for the schools to manage it.
Old 09-20-2021, 01:49 PM   #2
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by spence View Post
The Emmy's were a single event with a few thousand people, it would likely be be impossible to test millions of kids frequently enough not to mention for the schools to manage it.
Many, many schools do regular testing. Most colleges tested students weekly all last year. Not sure what planet you've ben living on. My son's school tests everyone, every two weeks. What else ya got?

Just keep making stuff out of thin air, Mr Common Sense, as long as it serves The Narrative.
Old 09-20-2021, 02:41 PM   #3
spence

Quote:
Many, many schools do regular testing. Most colleges tested students weekly all last year. Not sure what planet you've ben living on. My son's school tests everyone, every two weeks.
Nation wide there are some 80 million students, not to mention a lot of states and schools that would refuse to do it. Doesn't seem like the protocols in place right now are that demanding, why change if the rates of infection are still too high?
Old 09-20-2021, 02:44 PM   #4
Jim in CT

Quote:
Nation wide there are some 80 million students, not to mention a lot of states and schools that would refuse to do it. Doesn't seem like the protocols in place right now are that demanding, why change if the rates of infection are still too high?
ok let’s make it really simple.

so in my sons school, where every kid is vaccinated and every kid is tested every other week, why should he have to wear a mask, especially when they are socially distancing, , while these adults ( a far riskier group) aren’t required to do so, while sitting on top of one another.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Old 09-20-2021, 02:50 PM   #5
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:

so in my sons school, where every kid is vaccinated and every kid is tested every other week, why should he have to wear a mask, especially when they are socially distancing, , while these adults ( a far riskier group) aren’t required to do so, while sitting on top of one another.
That would be, because life isn't fair.

Don't feel bad, most Karens failed to learn that lesson.

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Niles: You have met “people”, haven’t you?

Lets Go Darwin
Old 09-20-2021, 03:06 PM   #6
spence

Quote:

Because it's the law.
Old 09-20-2021, 03:17 PM   #7
Jim in CT

Quote:
Because it's the law.
i’ll try one last time..:

what’s the logic behind it?

how does it make sense?

are you afraid guys become a menstruating person, if you just admitted the optics are awful?

i tried 3-4 times here. you guys just can’t be reasoned with unless it’s an issue that paints liberalism favorably.
Old 09-20-2021, 03:36 PM   #8
spence

Quote:
what’s the logic behind it?
To help curtail the spread of covid, Jim.

I don't see what the big deal is. Most schools aren't fully vaccinated or do routine testing. Having multiple sets of rules for different schools just adds another layer of burden for both the schools and the state to comply with. If the masking gets your school down to zero cases for the year then I'd say that would be a dramatic success.

Funny how you want to call out the vaccinated and tested Hollywood elite yet say nothing about the tens of thousands of mask less football fans packed into stadiums this fall screaming at the top of their lungs.
Old 09-21-2021, 05:59 AM   #9
The Dad Fisherman
Super Moderator

Quote:
Because it's the law.
No it’s not

"If you're arguing with an idiot, make sure he isn't doing the same thing."
Old 09-21-2021, 06:14 AM   #10
spence

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dad Fisherman View Post
No it’s not
Has essentially the same the force of a law, big whoop.
Old 09-21-2021, 06:53 AM   #11
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dad Fisherman View Post
No it’s not
even if it were black letter law, i asked about the logic.

There was a time, thanks to Spences side, when the law codified slavery and segregation. did we just say “wish we could do something, but the law is the law”? Or did we question the law until it was repealed? same with gay marriage.
Old 09-20-2021, 06:05 PM   #12
scottw

Quote:

so in my sons school, where every kid is vaccinated and every kid is tested every other week

because masks make good sheep training....

remember Fauxshi said triple mask are a good idea...I think that was before the delta variant so 5-6 masks is probably the way to go
Old 09-20-2021, 02:03 PM   #13
Jim in CT

Quote:
it would likely be be impossible to test millions of kids frequently enough not to mention for the schools to manage it.
Great timing for that lame argument.

New York City announced today that they will test all public school children weekly.

https://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory/...hools-80127892

Same thing in Los Angeles...

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/07/30/w...ols-covid.html

Would you care to recant?