Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 04-01-2010, 04:25 PM   #1
buckman

Another genius

Old 04-01-2010, 04:45 PM   #2
Nebe

WTF?!?!?!
Old 04-01-2010, 04:48 PM   #3
spence

The man has hepatitis C and is in terrible health.

I'm sure Buck didn't know this before making fun of him.

-spence
Old 04-01-2010, 05:10 PM   #4
scottw

I liked when democrat Congresswoman Sheila Jackson Lee asked a NASA representative if the Mars Pathfinder had taken a picture of the spot where the American flag was planted by Neil Armstrong in 1969. ... the NASA representative had to find a polite way of explaining to the congresswoman that Mars and the moon are not the same...
Old 04-01-2010, 05:22 PM   #5
buckman

Quote:
Originally Posted by spence View Post
The man has hepatitis C and is in terrible health.

I'm sure Buck didn't know this before making fun of him.

-spence
I didn't know Hep C made you a complete moron. My bad.

I wasn't making fun of his illness Spence, Your healthy,right?
Old 04-01-2010, 05:37 PM   #6
spence

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckman View Post
I didn't know Hep C made you a complete moron. My bad.

I wasn't making fun of his illness Spence, Your healthy,right?
From what I read it's causing his speech to be slurred, causing extreme fatigue along with substantial weight loss.

It's got to be hell having your brain work but your body not be able to express yourself as you're used to.

I guess if that's funny to you, so be it.

-spence
Old 04-01-2010, 05:53 PM   #7
buckman

Quote:
From what I read it's causing his speech to be slurred, causing extreme fatigue along with substantial weight loss.

It's got to be hell having your brain work but your body not be able to express yourself as you're used to.

-spence
You are becoming a complete nut job.
It was the question he asked. You do understand what an island is, right. Did this go right over your head? How about the fact that he is on the Armed Services Committee? Is he there because we feel bad for him?
Old 04-01-2010, 06:04 PM   #8
scottw

Quote:
It was the question he asked. You do understand what an island is, right. Did this go right over your head? How about the fact that he is on the Armed Services Committee? Is he there because we feel bad for him?
Patrick Kennedy is.. the more screwed up, the better...and you are right Buck..if he's that ill and saying things like this he should not be in such an important position, casting votes ....if he's completely incoherent...but again...my rep is Patches and that moron can't say or do enough stupid stuff to get tossed.....I think he's planning a coup of ded ted's old diggs ...sooooo....he's all yours...suckers...
Old 04-01-2010, 06:17 PM   #9
spence

Quote:
His question seemed pretty simple to me. He was concerned that the increase in US troops couldn't be absorbed by the limited area of a small island.

This is a perfectly reasonable question and exactly the kind of oversight the Armed Services Committee is there to provide the taxpayer.

Did his illness impair his ability to ask the question or express his concern? It certainly looks like it has.

If he should still be serving considering his condition is another issue outright, your assertion is that he's a "complete moron" is central to this thread.

-spence
Old 04-01-2010, 06:19 PM   #10
JohnR
Certifiable Intertidal Anguiologist

If you are incapacitated by an illness, and if that bit on Guam is a result of such an illness, you should take a temporary leave of absence if practical or step down if not. Your job is to serve the American people and this nation. This is one of the greatest honors and greatest responsibilities you can hold. If you are in capable of doing so, remove yourself from the position of responsibility.

If he were a doctor, a member of the military, or driving a frieking Ice Cream Truck, he would be grazing other pastures long before reaching this state. It is sad and it is unfortunate, but his duties require clarity.

~Fix the Bait~ ~Pogies Forever~

Striped Bass Fishing - All Stripers

Kobayashi Maru Election - there is no way to win.

Apocalypse is Coming:
Old 04-01-2010, 06:43 PM   #11
Nebe

Quote:

-spence
And he is sitting in that chair WHY? You want someone in that condition making decisions that effect you?

This country is %$%$%$%$ed
Old 04-01-2010, 06:52 PM   #12
buckman

If he has an illness ( I don't know this as fact) and it effects him to the point that he thinks a friggin island might tip over if everyone runs to one side, then yes, it might be time to replace him.
Although some here might think that is a perfectly ligitimate assumption. Maybe that's the real reason for closing Gitmo.

I stand by my assertion, he is a moron, however I would like to add that he is not alone.
Old 04-01-2010, 07:15 PM   #13
Nebe

Quote:
If he has an illness ( I don't know this as fact) and it effects him to the point that he thinks a friggin island might tip over if everyone runs to one side, then yes, it might be time to replace him.
Although some here might think that is a perfectly ligitimate assumption. Maybe that's the real reason for closing Gitmo.

I stand by my assertion, he is a moron, however I would like to add that he is not alone.
I agree with you. And the morons are in both parties.
Old 04-01-2010, 07:27 PM   #14
scottw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nebe View Post
I agree with you. And the morons are in both parties.
you are exactly right Eben...

like that time when that guy said " I've campaigned in all 57 states, except for the two that they won't let me go to"...what a moron...

Oh, wait that was Obama....

or how about when that guy said..."if a kid goes to an emergency room for asthma, aaaaaaand they give him a breathalyzer...I mean an inhalator"....what a moron...

wait...that was Obama too...damn

Ok..Ok how about that time...

actually if you really think about it...compared to Joe Biden...this guy is a genius

Last edited by scottw; 04-01-2010 at 07:34 PM..
Old 04-01-2010, 08:47 PM   #15
Raven

Talking

thats dumb

just have
half the people
run to the edge of the island
Old 04-02-2010, 07:04 AM   #16
JohnR
Certifiable Intertidal Anguiologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottw View Post
you are exactly right Eben...

like that time when that guy said " I've campaigned in all 57 states, except for the two that they won't let me go to"...what a moron...

Oh, wait that was Obama....

or how about when that guy said..."if a kid goes to an emergency room for asthma, aaaaaaand they give him a breathalyzer...I mean an inhalator"....what a moron...

wait...that was Obama too...damn

Ok..Ok how about that time...

actually if you really think about it...compared to Joe Biden...this guy is a genius
I'm no fan of Obama but even without a teleprompter, he is better than W. Remember, too many ob-gyns can't practice their love with women...

~Fix the Bait~ ~Pogies Forever~

Striped Bass Fishing - All Stripers

Kobayashi Maru Election - there is no way to win.

Apocalypse is Coming:
Old 04-02-2010, 07:05 AM   #17
spence

Quote:

U.S. Rep. Hank Johnson battling hepatitis C | ajc.com

It's doesn't take a rocket scientist to believe he was trying to articulate a perfectly reasonable metaphor. The irony of course in ignoring this obvious fact is that you're the one asserting the other is the moron.

-spence
Old 04-02-2010, 08:18 AM   #18
Fly Rod

[QUOTE=spence;759150]His question seemed pretty simple to me. He was concerned that the increase in US troops couldn't be absorbed by the limited area of a small island.

Spence, did you listen to the video?

He asked about the island tipping over with to many on one side.

Not making fun of his illness.
Old 04-02-2010, 10:42 AM   #19
Swimmer
Retired Surfer

You'll notice none of his colleagues are sitting very close to him.

I would bet he was over medicated.

Last edited by Swimmer; 04-02-2010 at 10:48 AM..

Swimmer a.k.a. YO YO MA
Serial Mailbox Killer/Seal Fisherman
Old 04-02-2010, 11:40 AM   #20
Nebe

No excuse.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Old 04-02-2010, 01:02 PM   #21
scottw

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnR View Post
I'm no fan of Obama but even without a teleprompter, he is better than W. Remember, too many ob-gyns can't practice their love with women...
yes...but the media and the dems told us that W was an idiot from day one... and reminded us pretty much every day of that fact...still do ...so you can't expect too much from dumb George, and he can't help it...

Obama, on the other hand, we are told...is the smartest president ever, the best educated president...ever...highest IQ'd president... ever, the most articulate president....ever......

he's actually the biggest Lemon .........EVER

It's doesn't take a rocket scientist to believe he was trying to articulate a perfectly reasonable metaphor.

maybe not a rocket scientist but certainly a delusional fool....

which is it? he's so ill that he can't put a coherent sentence together?...or he's so brilliant that his perfectly reasonable metaphors are soaring right over the heads of ordinary men?
Old 04-02-2010, 01:15 PM   #22
basenjib123

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottw View Post
I liked when democrat Congresswoman Sheila Jackson Lee asked a NASA representative if the Mars Pathfinder had taken a picture of the spot where the American flag was planted by Neil Armstrong in 1969. ... the NASA representative had to find a polite way of explaining to the congresswoman that Mars and the moon are not the same...
I remember that .... that was priceless!
Old 04-02-2010, 01:21 PM   #23
basenjib123

Funny how..

The "Genius" Obama will not release his SAT/LSAT Scores.
Old 04-02-2010, 02:05 PM   #24
MarshCappa
Marcia! Marcia! Marcia!

I think we need to cut this guy some slack. I don't think he's a moron and based what he's going through with his illness and his deadpan sense of comedy this was taken the wrong way by many. I guess he has a good sense of humor but in a very dry way.

Johnson’s office said the boss is simply a tremendous deadpan — and that he was using a facetious metaphor.

Here’s a formal response from Johnson, via his spokesman:

“I wasn’t suggesting that the island of Guam would literally tip over,” said Johnson. “I was using a metaphor to say that with the addition of 8,000 Marines and their dependents – an additional 80,000 people during peak construction to the port on the tiny island with a population of 180,000 – could be a tipping point which would adversely affect the island’s fragile ecosystem and over burden its already overstressed infrastructure.

“Having traveled to Guam last year, I saw firsthand how this beautiful – but vulnerable island – is already overburdened, and I was simply voicing my concerns that the addition of that many people could tip the delicate balance and do harm to Guam.”

Next time, Johnson might want to smile when he says that.

"Sunshine Day Dream"
Old 04-02-2010, 02:59 PM   #25
buckman

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarshCappa View Post
I think we need to cut this guy some slack. I don't think he's a moron and based what he's going through with his illness and his deadpan sense of comedy this was taken the wrong way by many. I guess he has a good sense of humor but in a very dry way.

Johnson’s office said the boss is simply a tremendous deadpan — and that he was using a facetious metaphor.

Here’s a formal response from Johnson, via his spokesman:

“I wasn’t suggesting that the island of Guam would literally tip over,” said Johnson. “I was using a metaphor to say that with the addition of 8,000 Marines and their dependents – an additional 80,000 people during peak construction to the port on the tiny island with a population of 180,000 – could be a tipping point which would adversely affect the island’s fragile ecosystem and over burden its already overstressed infrastructure.

“Having traveled to Guam last year, I saw firsthand how this beautiful – but vulnerable island – is already overburdened, and I was simply voicing my concerns that the addition of that many people could tip the delicate balance and do harm to Guam.”

Next time, Johnson might want to smile when he says that.
So it wasn't his illness..it was a joke. I'm sure the Admiral has nothing better to do then answer questions from a funny guy. Brilliant sense of humor for someone suffering with Hep C. I'm not buying it, but then I didn't fall for Obama either.
Well at least I'm not poking fun at the Special Olympics. That would be indefensible.
Old 04-02-2010, 03:05 PM   #26
JohnnyD

Quote:
So it wasn't his illness..it was a joke. I'm sure the Admiral has nothing better to do then answer questions from a funny guy. Brilliant sense of humor for someone suffering with Hep C. I'm not buying it, but then I didn't fall for Obama either.
Well at least I'm not poking fun at the Special Olympics. That would be indefensible.
While I agree with you, it's horribly difficult for me to because it's impossible for you to make a point without bringing up Obama.
Old 04-02-2010, 03:16 PM   #27
buckman

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyD View Post
While I agree with you, it's horribly difficult for me to because it's impossible for you to make a point without bringing up Obama.
You and I agree alot
Old 04-02-2010, 04:15 PM   #28
spence

Quote:
So you don't understand the difference between a joke and a metaphor?

Quote:
You're not far from it.

-spence
Old 04-02-2010, 04:23 PM   #29
basenjib123

Remember "bring it on"?

I clearly remember GW Bush being crucified by the mainstream media for being "inflammatory" when he said during the Iraq war to the terrorist insurgents to "BRING IT ON".....Now Obama can say to HIS FELLOW CITIZENS REGARDING THE HEALTH BILL...."BRING IT ON"..."JUST GO FOR IT AND TRY TO REPEAL THIS BILL"??? .... talk about double standards. Can you imagine GW Bush coming to MA. and not R.I. for the floods?? yet, we do not hear a word about this act from the vermin in the media about Obama pulling this stunt? I guess Obama must HATE Rhode Islanders, huh? The hypocrisy of Liberals is sickening.
Old 04-02-2010, 04:30 PM   #30
buckman

Quote:
So you don't understand the difference between a joke and a metaphor?

You're not far from it.

-spence
No one is claiming his illness had anything to do with this Spence,not even Johnson himself. Yet you seem to push his illness as an excuse.
Maybe you are the one who has issues with Hep C. I don't. GOT IT????

Last edited by buckman; 04-02-2010 at 04:45 PM..