Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 04-23-2010, 08:24 AM   #1
RIROCKHOUND
Also known as OAK

Drill Baby Drill

Oil slick spreads from sunken rig - CNN.com

Yup.
this is an excellent idea.

Just what we want to see off N.C/Florida etc...

Drill baby drill was a bad idea when Palin said it. Didn't become a better idea when BHO opened it for exploration...

Bryan

Originally Posted by #^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&
"For once I agree with Spence. UGH. I just hope I don't get the urge to go start buying armani suits to wear in my shop"
Old 04-23-2010, 08:28 AM   #2
Raven

they forgot to factor in explosions
Old 04-23-2010, 08:40 AM   #3
PaulS

We need to make our cars and homes as energy efficient as possible and need to get as much energy from solar/wind, etc. as possible. That said, we're still gonna need oil but we have to lower our dependance on foreign oil as much as possible. I hate shipping $ overseas to governments that supports maddresses(sp) that teach hate for the US.
Old 04-28-2010, 04:07 PM   #4
basenjib123

Pop quiz...

....oil naturally seep into the world's oceans? ...anyone, anyone?
Old 04-28-2010, 06:07 PM   #5
buckman

Quote:
Originally Posted by RIROCKHOUND View Post
Oil slick spreads from sunken rig - CNN.com

Yup.
this is an excellent idea.

Just what we want to see off N.C/Florida etc...

Drill baby drill was a bad idea when Palin said it. Didn't become a better idea when BHO opened it for exploration...
Does your beast have 1 engine or 2
Old 04-28-2010, 06:08 PM   #6
buckman

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulS View Post
We need to make our cars and homes as energy efficient as possible and need to get as much energy from solar/wind, etc. as possible. That said, we're still gonna need oil but we have to lower our dependance on foreign oil as much as possible. I hate shipping $ overseas to governments that supports maddresses(sp) that teach hate for the US.
I agree 100%
Old 04-28-2010, 06:41 PM   #7
RIROCKHOUND
Also known as OAK

Buck: 2

I am not an advocate for no oil, super fluffy lets all change 100% of our lifestyle...
we need infrastructure scale changes away from fossil fuels, i.e. nukes and wind basenjib, which as I say all the time here I am in favor of. but at the same time, we need to be working on efficiency in all technologies, home, car, boat, planes etc.. more efficient = less need to drill.

what if you lived in N.C. and viewed a stretch of the the mid-Atlantic like you guys view Stellwagen today. would you want them drilling on it?

and basenjib.. yes some oil naturally leaks, but not at the rate the BP well is spewing out right now.

Bryan

Originally Posted by #^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&
"For once I agree with Spence. UGH. I just hope I don't get the urge to go start buying armani suits to wear in my shop"
Old 04-29-2010, 06:36 AM   #8
scottw

Quote:
Originally Posted by RIROCKHOUND View Post
Buck: 2

I am not an advocate for no oil well that's a relief because our economy requires a little bit of it..., super fluffy lets all change 100% of our lifestyle
we need infrastructure scale changes away from fossil fuels this has not been occuring?, i.e. nukes if a nuke springs a leak, can I come back here and sarcastically say " Yup, this is an excellent idea...nuke baby nuke was a bad idea when Bryan said it. Didn't become a better idea when BHO opened it for construction... "? and wind basenjib please take note of who is standing in the way of wind/solar...check into what is holding up the giant solar farm in the Mojave desert , which as I say all the time here I am in favor of. but at the same time, we need to be working on efficiency in all technologies we don't do this? you and Paul both state that this"needs" to occur as if it is not, I think technology tends toward efficiency naturally...in all of these areas....home, car, boat, planes etc.. more efficient = less need to drill.

what if you lived in N.C. and viewed a stretch of the the mid-Atlantic like you guys view Stellwagen today. would you want them drilling on it ? not of you are a Kennedy, hey...did you see where Patrick went to recieve an award at a Substance Abuse event the other night then proceeded straight to the bar to knock back 6 shots of vodka before the bartender had to shut him off...he's great..."a CHAMPION for MENTAL ILLNESS"

and basenjib.. yes some oil naturally leaks, but not at the rate the BP well is spewing out right now.
that's why they call it a "spill" and not a "leak"... oil spill

Last edited by scottw; 04-29-2010 at 11:58 AM..
Old 04-29-2010, 07:50 AM   #9
Fly Rod

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulS View Post
My vehicles have always been energy efficent. I get 15mpg and that is a lot better then 14mpg.
Old 04-29-2010, 08:27 AM   #10
PaulS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fly Rod View Post
My vehicles have always been energy efficent. I get 15mpg and that is a lot better then 14mpg.
actually going from 14 to 15 mpg is a 6.7% savings. Its a lot better than going from 29 to 30 mpg which is a 3.3% savings. - Keep up the good work!
Old 05-19-2010, 11:14 AM   #11
UserRemoved1
Permanently Disconnected

BP told feds it could handle oil spill 60 times larger than Deepwater Horizon | al.com

DRILL BABY DRILL
Old 05-20-2010, 09:24 AM   #12
fishbones

Now even the scientists are mad at Obama.

NYT: Scientists accuse Obama over oil spill - The New York Times- msnbc.com
Old 05-20-2010, 11:52 AM   #13
Joe

Spill Baby Spill!

Old 05-20-2010, 01:17 PM   #14
Joe

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishbones View Post
Is this instance, the NYT is reporting critically of the president, so we'll make an exception and pretend its a viable source.

Old 05-20-2010, 01:27 PM   #15
fishbones

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe View Post
Is this instance, the NYT is reporting critically of the president, so we'll make an exception and pretend its a viable source.
Who here has claimed that the NYT is not a viable source for news? Their Op Ed pieces may not be considered very viable, but their news reporting is regarded pretty highly, even by most conservatives.
Old 05-20-2010, 01:36 PM   #16
GattaFish
Great White Scup Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by #^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^& View Post

The only thing getting DRILLED is our rear ends every time we buy petroleum based products..........
Old 05-20-2010, 02:28 PM   #17
Joe

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishbones View Post
Who here has claimed that the NYT is not a viable source for news? Their Op Ed pieces may not be considered very viable, but their news reporting is regarded pretty highly, even by most conservatives.
From what I've read here, the consensus is that the NYT is the propaganda wing of the DNC. You can use the search feature if you think I'm off-base.

Old 05-20-2010, 02:48 PM   #18
fishbones

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe View Post
From what I've read here, the consensus is that the NYT is the propaganda wing of the DNC. You can use the search feature if you think I'm off-base.

Yeah Joe, you're off base on this one. Either you're imagining something that isn't there, or the search feature isn't working. You might be able to find a couple references if you look long enough, but I gave up after about 15 minutes. There were a couple posts that referenced opinion pieces, but nothing attacking the paper for being the "propaganda wing of the DNC". I'll leave it up to you to try to support your statement from here on out. I need to get back to watching videos of people wiping out on their bikes and crushing their nuts.
Old 05-21-2010, 05:23 AM   #19
Joe

My comment characterizing the NYT as the propaganda wing of the liberal elite/dnc was a distillation of my observations of the reaction people have here when someome cites the NYT, or post links. It was not a direct quote.

Now, how the NYT sets the political agenda, and leads the liberal media, is a very interesting topic.

Old 05-21-2010, 06:38 AM   #20
spence

The NYT is certainly accused by the Right of being the de facto Liberal propaganda engine...

Except when they're pushing planted stories about Iraqi WMD or otherwise publishing information that helps the GOP. Then they're just doing their job as journalists.

I don't think you can say this opinion is pervasive here on SB, although we do live in New England and are therefore contaminated.

Travel around the country and things are much more clear.

-spence
Old 06-08-2010, 01:46 PM   #21
UserRemoved1
Permanently Disconnected

Another Gulf oil spill: Well near Deepwater Horizon has leaked since at least April 30 | al.com

DRILL BABY DRILLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL

%$%$%$%$%$%$%$S weren't going to tell anyone?
Old 06-09-2010, 07:26 PM   #22
justplugit
Registered Grandpa

Troy Aikman and Drew Bredslow have invested in a new technology
they believe will help the spill to a high degree.
Meantime some locals have come up with a vacuum that sucks up the oil from small boats so well that Bobby Jindal
is asking for more $ to buy this new system that is working well.

Capitalism at it's best, find a need and fill it, people benefit from it and
the entrepreneur and investors get the well deserved profits for doing the work
and taking the risks.

Meantime Big G sits back and takes it's time to do the same old same old.

" Choose Life "
Old 06-09-2010, 08:46 PM   #23
Raven

on Cnn

had this guy with calcium carbonate on tv and he showed how it,s edible .........when he just ate some
then he dusts it over oil dirty water and it turned it into like blobs
that turned gray and wouldn't make things black anymore
it was then like putty
Old 06-10-2010, 12:07 AM   #24
JohnnyD

Is the oil that comes out of the well considered the property of BP, regardless of where it's collected?

What I mean is, should someone develop a system to skim the oil off the surface of the water and that system can separate the oil from water, could they sell the oil for a profit?
Old 06-10-2010, 04:31 AM   #25
UserRemoved1
Permanently Disconnected

johnny the oil is garbage it's very low quality because alot of the voc's have evaporated already. At best I read it was good for heating a boiler or something like that.

I did read somewhere yesterday that Schlumberger does make a machine that will burn 600,000 gallons a day by atomizing it somehow so it can at least be burned.
Old 06-10-2010, 11:04 AM   #26
scottw

Quote:
Originally Posted by #^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^& View Post
johnny the oil is garbage it's very low quality because alot of the voc's have evaporated already. At best I read it was good for heating a boiler or something like that.

I did read somewhere yesterday that Schlumberger does make a machine that will burn 600,000 gallons a day by atomizing it somehow so it can at least be burned.
Obamadenijad has not spoken to the head of BP...because frankly..he's "not interested in words"
this inept glamour boy president is a clown, he can talk to hollywood celebs and famous musical artists and every rat America hating leftist that slinks their way into the White House.. but can't have a little constructive sit down with the head of BP about a disaster of this magnitude?...

the micro thin skin of this fetid onion is being peeled away day after day.....
Old 06-10-2010, 12:10 PM   #27
JohnnyD

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottw View Post
Obamadenijad has not spoken to the head of BP...because frankly..he's "not interested in words"
this inept glamour boy president is a clown, he can talk to hollywood celebs and famous musical artists and every rat America hating leftist that slinks their way into the White House.. but can't have a little constructive sit down with the head of BP about a disaster of this magnitude?...

the micro thin skin of this fetid onion is being peeled away day after day.....
Do you and Glenn Beck have a specific time each week that you meet up and sip chocolate martinis while you think of ways to sensationalize current events and make it look like Obama and the evil Democrats are responsible for them?
Old 06-10-2010, 12:17 PM   #28
scottw

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyD View Post
Do you and Glenn Beck have a specific time each week that you meet up and sip chocolate martinis while you think of ways to sensationalize current events and make it look like Obama and the evil Democrats are responsible for them?
DIDN'T SAY THEY WERE RESPONSIBLE FOR THE SPILL...THEY ARE KINDA RUNNING THE SHOW GOVERNMENTWISE THOUGH AREN'T THEY?

YOU HAVE A MANCRUSH ON GLENN BECK...DON'T YOU?

YOU GOT THE EVIL PART RIGHT THOUGH..I SHOULD GIVE YOU A LITTLE CREDIT...ONLY A LITTLE THOUGH

"SENSATIONALIZE THE OIL SPILL"?...WHAT? IS IT NOT A BIG DEAL NOW THAT IT REFLECTS POORLY ON THE APTITUDE OF YOUR MASTER?

If you are half paying attention, there are plenty of ardent Obama supporters that are ripping the ONE for his lack of leadership...it's not just the Beck Hannity et al contingent throwing stones at your messiah...I think they're throwing stuff and Princess Pelosi as well...

but keep up the empty rhetoric like a good little Obamunist

Last edited by scottw; 06-10-2010 at 02:58 PM..