Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 07-28-2016, 09:30 AM   #31
The Dad Fisherman
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulS View Post
So it was ok to use private email accts then but not recently? When did the law change? Do we know the RNC's servers were or were not hacked?

Is there a difference?
You have always been able to use a Personal (not Private) E-mail accounts for Personal E-mail....you're NOT allowed to use personal e-mail accounts for classified information (as was determined, via FBI Investigators, as actually happening).

and no we don't know if the RNC was or wasn't hacked....but we do know that the DNC server was hacked by the fact that someone lost their job (Temporarily) over published, leaked e-mails.

so why don't we work in Factual Land and not What-If World.

"If you're arguing with an idiot, make sure he isn't doing the same thing."
Old 07-28-2016, 10:07 AM   #32
PaulS

From Wikipedia - looks like potentially lots of public work happened on the private server. We'll never know what was in those emails as they were deleted.

"House Committee on Oversight and Government Reform[edit]

The House Oversight committee in an interim staff report, released on June 18, 2007:[18]
At least eighty-eight Republican National Committee email accounts were granted to senior Bush administration officials, not "just a handful" as previously reported by the White House spokesperson Dana Perino in March 2007. Her estimate was later revised to "about fifty." Officials with accounts included: Karl Rove, the President’s senior advisor; Andrew Card, the former White House Chief of Staff; Ken Mehlman, the former White House Director of Political Affairs; and many other officials in the Office of Political Affairs, the Office of Communications, and the Office of the Vice President.
The RNC has 140,216 emails sent or received by Karl Rove. Over half of these emails (75,374) were sent to or received from individuals using official ".gov" email accounts. Other users of RNC email accounts include former Director of Political Affairs Sara Taylor (66,018 emails) and Deputy Director of Political Affairs Scott Jennings (35,198 emails). These email accounts were used by White House officials for official purposes, such as communicating with federal agencies about federal appointments and policies.
Of the 88 White House officials who received RNC email accounts, the RNC has preserved no emails for 51 officials.
There is evidence that the Office of White House Counsel under Alberto Gonzales may have known that White House officials were using RNC email accounts for official business, but took no action to preserve these presidential records.
The evidence obtained by the Committee indicates that White House officials used their RNC email accounts in a manner that circumvented these requirements. At this point in the investigation, it is not possible to determine precisely how many presidential records may have been destroyed by the RNC. Given the heavy reliance by White House officials on RNC email accounts, the high rank of the White House officials involved, and the large quantity of missing emails, the potential violation of the Presidential Records Act may be extensive."
Old 07-28-2016, 10:20 AM   #33
Jim in CT

Quote:
Are you familiar w/what happened?
Somewhat.

I know she said that she turned over all of her work emails. Except for the 3,000 that the FBI found on their own.

I also know that she said she never sent any emails that were flagged as classified. Except for the 3 she sent that were flagged as classified.
Old 07-28-2016, 10:33 AM   #34
PaulS

No I meant the RNC. - somewhat similiar. Although as Kevin pointed out no way to know if that server was hacked.
Old 07-28-2016, 10:42 AM   #35
The Dad Fisherman
Super Moderator

Quote:
From Wikipedia - looks like potentially lots of public work happened on the private server. We'll never know what was in those emails as they were deleted.

"House Committee on Oversight and Government Reform[edit]

The House Oversight committee in an interim staff report, released on June 18, 2007:[18]
At least eighty-eight Republican National Committee email accounts were granted to senior Bush administration officials, not "just a handful" as previously reported by the White House spokesperson Dana Perino in March 2007. Her estimate was later revised to "about fifty." Officials with accounts included: Karl Rove, the President’s senior advisor; Andrew Card, the former White House Chief of Staff; Ken Mehlman, the former White House Director of Political Affairs; and many other officials in the Office of Political Affairs, the Office of Communications, and the Office of the Vice President.
The RNC has 140,216 emails sent or received by Karl Rove. Over half of these emails (75,374) were sent to or received from individuals using official ".gov" email accounts. Other users of RNC email accounts include former Director of Political Affairs Sara Taylor (66,018 emails) and Deputy Director of Political Affairs Scott Jennings (35,198 emails). These email accounts were used by White House officials for official purposes, such as communicating with federal agencies about federal appointments and policies.
Of the 88 White House officials who received RNC email accounts, the RNC has preserved no emails for 51 officials.
There is evidence that the Office of White House Counsel under Alberto Gonzales may have known that White House officials were using RNC email accounts for official business, but took no action to preserve these presidential records.
The evidence obtained by the Committee indicates that White House officials used their RNC email accounts in a manner that circumvented these requirements. At this point in the investigation, it is not possible to determine precisely how many presidential records may have been destroyed by the RNC. Given the heavy reliance by White House officials on RNC email accounts, the high rank of the White House officials involved, and the large quantity of missing emails, the potential violation of the Presidential Records Act may be extensive."
2007....really??? the DNC was hacked 2 weeks ago.

"If you're arguing with an idiot, make sure he isn't doing the same thing."
Old 07-28-2016, 10:55 AM   #36
spence

Quote:
Originally Posted by detbuch View Post
He did not invite espionage from a hostile foreign country. That is spin.
Quote:
"If he is talking about the State Department e-mails on her server, he is inviting a foreign intelligence service to steal sensitive American government information," Hayden said. "If he is talking about the allegedly private e-mails that she destroyed, he is inviting a foreign intelligence service to violate the privacy of an individual protected by the Fourth Amendment to the American Constitution."

"Perhaps he doesn't know what he's talking about. Just a theory," Hayden said.
General Hayden is spinning?
Old 07-28-2016, 10:57 AM   #37
ecduzitgood
time to go

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dad Fisherman View Post
2007....really??? the DNC was hacked 2 weeks ago.
Actually do we know none of the pages came from Hillary's private server? Perhaps there are some, after all very few people would know if one or several are actually part of the over 30,000 PERSONAL emails she deleted and then wiped her system clean so they cannot be recovered. Perhaps there is a message being sent to Hillary from the Hacker in order to influence her to take some sort of action whether it be financial or political in nature. Sure sounds like a conspiracy but what if it isn't? Seems like a big risk to let her be in charge and have access to control or influence all parts of government including the IRS and the NSA.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Old 07-28-2016, 11:10 AM   #38
PaulS

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dad Fisherman View Post
2007....really???
Too old?
Old 07-28-2016, 11:11 AM   #39
ecduzitgood
time to go

Quote:
More hilarious comments by Trump yesterday. Doesn't know the difference bt Tim Kaine and Tom Kean. Jive and Jibe. Kurds vs Quds.

Why doesn't Ivanka take his phone away?
https://youtu.be/EpGH02DtIws

https://youtu.be/t4-AKcH3eC8Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Old 07-28-2016, 11:26 AM   #40
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by spence View Post
I thought Hilary said with conviction that all those missing emails were of a personal nature (yoga classes), and not work-related. So unless she is lying (perish the thought!) there are no national security implications of his likely (who knows) sarcastic remark.
Old 07-28-2016, 11:47 AM   #41
buckman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
I thought Hilary said with conviction that all those missing emails were of a personal nature (yoga classes), and not work-related. So unless she is lying (perish the thought!) there are no national security implications of his likely (who knows) sarcastic remark.
Exactly ! However the false narrative about Benghazi that was put out by Hillary and President Obama was a direct threat to national security .
Old 07-28-2016, 08:28 PM   #42
detbuch

Quote:
Since there is no quote by Trump in your quote of Hayden, I can't tell if Hayden is spinning or if he doesn't know what he is talking about,
Old 07-28-2016, 08:36 PM   #43
spence

Quote:
Since there is no quote by Trump in your quote of Hayden, I can't tell if Hayden is spinning or if he doesn't know what he is talking about,
I thought so.
Old 07-28-2016, 09:24 PM   #44
detbuch

Quote:
I thought so.
Trump didn't "invite" Russia to hack Hillary's server. He said that they already hacked it. You don't invite somebody to do something they already did, you invite them to do something they have not yet done.

And he added that, "Russia, if you're listening I hope you're able to find the 30,000 emails that are missing [in the emails that you already hacked]. I think you will probably be rewarded mightily by our press." That is pure sarc against Hillary's irresponsible use of the private server and against a press he considers lax on criticizing her for deleting the emails.

He is obviously assuming that her server was already hacked, and not because he invited Russia or others who hacked her server, but, rather, if there was any invitation, it was by Hillary. It was her irresponsible insistence on the private server that invited hacking.

But, as is a prime function of spin, it turns your guy's mistake into one commited by your opponent.
Old 07-28-2016, 10:53 PM   #45
spence

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckman View Post
Exactly ! However the false narrative about Benghazi that was put out by Hillary and President Obama was a direct threat to national security .
This makes no sense.
Old 07-28-2016, 10:55 PM   #46
spence

Quote:
Really? Butch in a bubble?
Old 07-28-2016, 11:11 PM   #47
detbuch

Quote:
Really? Butch in a bubble?
Yeah, everyone knows that Hillary is butch--Trump sort of babbles--and your brain is in her bubble.
Old 07-29-2016, 04:10 AM   #48
buckman

Quote:
This makes no sense.
That's because you are a devout follower .
Old 07-29-2016, 04:44 AM   #49
wdmso

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecduzitgood View Post
Keep your head in the sand. The problem today is social media. You and the other Hillary supporters are very good at using social media to whip up your troops and get them to the poles. The problem arises when social media exposes what either side is actually saying or doing. The facts are out there to be found and posted to inform others. For instance when it came to getting the vote out Democrats handled it like this.

https://youtu.be/KQfPvQf8ZL4

Now you can ignore the videos I link and that's okay because you not discrediting the videos only shows how valid and informative they are.
Some Americans are waking up to how corrupt this government is and we are not going to stand idilely by and allow the BS to continue without being challenged.

https://youtu.be/iM0VCGCh3Fg
How about something not from 2009 and not blogger street interview it funny you'll uses your gotcha stuff and cite it as Truth But when the left does the same gotcha stuff its BS lets stick to facts heres what Newt says about Facts VS feelings from a CNN interview

Old 07-29-2016, 04:57 AM   #50
wdmso

Quote:
Trump didn't "invite" Russia to hack Hillary's server. He said that they already hacked it. You don't invite somebody to do something they already did, you invite them to do something they have not yet done.

yet trump doesn't attack the Russians for committing the crime or espionage He supports it with a request of assistance

And he added that, "Russia, if you're listening I hope you're able to find the 30,000 emails that are missing [in the emails that you already hacked]. I think you will probably be rewarded mightily by our press." That is pure sarc against Hillary's irresponsible use of the private server and against a press he considers lax on criticizing her for deleting the emails.

So you support a guy who want to be the next POTUS using sarcasm when it come to the Russians Hacking

He is obviously assuming that her server was already hacked, and not because he invited Russia or others who hacked her server, but, rather, if there was any invitation, it was by Hillary. It was her irresponsible insistence on the private server that invited hacking.

And the Invitation, it was by Hillary thats like saying she deserved to be raped did you see the sexy clothes she had on she was asking for it

But, as is a prime function of spin, it turns your guy's mistake into one commited by your opponent.
Seem you got spin down to a science if you believe in science that is
Old 07-29-2016, 07:15 AM   #51
spence

Quote:
Yeah, everyone knows that Hillary is butch--Trump sort of babbles--and your brain is in her bubble.
It's catchy but lacking.
Old 07-29-2016, 07:34 AM   #52
detbuch

Quote:
It's catchy but lacking.
I'm not as perfect as you think you are.
Old 07-29-2016, 07:44 AM   #53
Jim in CT

Quote:
It's catchy but lacking.
You know what else is lacking? Intellectual honesty, especially from a guy who cannot admit that the Republican party did the heavy lifting to end segregation and pass the 15th amendment to secure voting rights for blacks.

That is historical fact.

I pointed that out.

You implied I needed a history lesson.

I asked how so?

You never replied.

You, like every liberal I know, are unable to accept historical facts that aren't politically convenient for you. If your beliefs require you to deny historical facts, get some new beliefs.
Old 07-29-2016, 07:45 AM   #54
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckman View Post
That's because you are a devout follower .
Bingo. Things like historical facts and 3rd grade arithmetic, must be denied to be a liberal. It's amazing.
Old 07-29-2016, 08:51 AM   #55
detbuch

wdmso reply: yet trump doesn't attack the Russians for committing the crime or espionage He supports it with a request of assistance

I don't think Trump would attack the U.S. for its espionage either. Every major nation does it. So Trump is not "supporting" espionage (your spin). And it only seems to become a crime if you are caught. And the only punishment meted out for it is by the nation being spied on. Then things can be smoothed out by swapping spies.

And Trump is not searching for Hillary's missing emails. So he doesn't need to ask for assistance (your spin). He didn't "ask" for but "hoped" that the Russians would find, among their hacked product, the missing emails. That the Press (which largely leaves unscathed Hillary's deletion of emails when she was subpoenaed to deliver them) would greatly reward the Russians. Obvious sarcasm, not a request for help or a support for espionage.

wdmoso:
So you support a guy who want to be the next POTUS using sarcasm when it come to the Russians Hacking

Oh, get off your high horse. Everybody on this forum uses sarcasm, including you. As do all politicians, and on matters far more important than Russian hacking. Hillary is no exception. She has used it regarding her wiping of the emails. She uses it a lot. And on matters, such as Benghazi, far more important than the obvious and expected Russian hacking

wdmso:
And the Invitation, it was by Hillary thats like saying she deserved to be raped did you see the sexy clothes she had on she was asking for it

No, it is not at all like saying she "deserved" it. It was saying that if we choose to spin on the notion of "inviting," it was Hillary's use of the private server that "invited" hacking more than anyone else's words or accusations or sarcasm. If we want an analogy on the spin of "deserving," it was more like a criminal deserving punishment for committing a crime.

wdmso:
Seem you got spin down to a science if you believe in science that is

I don't "believe" in science. I don't treat it as a religion as many do. It is a useful tool. But, like all tools, it is often misused. But thanks for the sarcasm. And you might want to hone your spin down closer to a science rather than haphazard reliance on the spin of others'

Last edited by detbuch; 07-29-2016 at 11:51 PM..
Old 07-29-2016, 01:00 PM   #56
PaulS

From some liberal rag today.

The Real Plot Against America

In retrospect, it worked out much better than planned. Who’d have thought a pariah nation, run by an authoritarian who makes his political opponents disappear, could so easily hijack a great democracy? It didn’t take much. A talented nerd can bring down a minnow of a nation. But this level of political crime requires more refined mechanics — you need everyone to play their assigned roles.

You start with a stooge, a fugitive holed up in London, releasing stolen emails on the eve of the Democratic National Convention, in the name of “transparency.” Cyberburglars rely on a partner in crime to pick up stolen goods. And WikiLeaks has always been there for Russia, a nation with no transparency.

The emails show office gossip — catty, sometimes crude back-and-forth by party operatives, and a bias for one candidate. Ho-hum. To make the plot work, reporters have to take the bait. On cue, they decry the fact that politics is going on inside a major political party. The horror — Democratic hacks saying nasty things about Senator Bernie Sanders.

Next, lefty extremists have to act like lefty extremists — that is, myopic to the greater good, guided by a Trumpian sense that they alone know how to solve the world’s problems, and everyone else is a sellout. Angered at the contents of the cybertheft, they boo any mention of their party’s nominee. And told by Senator Sanders, the man who brought them there, that booing is too easy, they boo his call to unite to save their country from a monster.

But Russia still has to seal the deal. Some work remains. If enough angered lefties won’t go for the Democratic nominee, a longtime foe of Vladimir Putin, it will be just enough to put a Putin puppet in the White House. And it would also usher in the term that drove the right wing crazy when George H.W. Bush used it — a New World Order.

What’s in it for Russia? Well, everything. Territory. Hegemony. Its takeover of the Crimean Peninsula has brought sanctions and condemnation from the West. What stands between Putin and further aggression in, say, the Baltic States, is a NATO pact that has kept Europe safe for nearly 70 years. And if you thought Trump stiffed the poor suckers who signed up for his “university,” wait till you see how he treats some of our oldest allies.

Plus, Putin despises Hillary Clinton. Like Trump, his skin is rice-paper-thin, albeit a paler shade of orange; and, like Trump, he never forgets a slight. He still hasn’t gotten over Clinton’s comment on George W. Bush’s infamous look into Putin’s soul. As a former K.G.B agent, said Clinton, “he doesn’t have a soul.”

What’s in it for Trump? Help at winning the ultimate throne of his gilded dreams. And maybe some investment money from Russian oligarchs close to Putin, one of many things Trump may be hiding in his tax returns. The two narcissists share a love of torture, authoritarian rule, and women on runways in bathing suits.

But then, a wild card, something unplanned. Putin didn’t expect Trump to be so all-in with his collusion. He knows Trump is a fool, world class in only one thing — ignorance. He doesn’t need spies for that. He knows Trump is a man who will say anything, and deny in the same breath that he ever said it. The Talented Mr. Trump.

Last November, before a national television audience, Trump said of Putin, “I got to know him very well.” And Wednesday, Trump said, “I never met Putin.” That was a standard Trump lie, on one end or the other. But even Putin couldn’t fathom that Trump really will say anything.

So there was the Republican Party nominee for president inviting an American adversary to wage cyberwar against the country he wants to lead. If that wasn’t Trump’s shoot-somebody-on-Fifth-Avenue moment, nothing will be. What’s more, he was way too obvious about the role of the other pawns in the scheme. “I think you will probably be rewarded mightily by our press,” he said to Mother Russia.

Also, he’s getting carried away with his dictator-philia. On Thursday, he said Putin was a better leader than President Obama. D’oh! In public, at least, you’re supposed to root for the home team.

Trump misses the old days, back when you could “knock the crap out of” a demonstrator. Yeah, the old days. Back when it was disqualifying for an American politician to flirt with treason.

This all seems too preposterous to be planned. Where are the conspiracy nut jobs when you really need them? Even fiction, Philip Roth’s “The Plot Against America,” about a fascist-lite president during World War II, does not have this level of absurdity.

But it unfolds, still, if not according to Russia’s design, then according to Russia’s will. Trump is now a national security risk, actively rooting for a foreign adversary to tamper with an American election. And very soon, he will start receiving classified briefings on that adversary. Ehhhhhcellent!
Old 07-29-2016, 01:10 PM   #57
ecduzitgood
time to go

Uranium one..The reason Putin loves Hillary. Look it up, if you don't know what Uranium one is so you can read it yourself rather than take my opinion.
Hillary has been proven to be terrible at national security.
Old 07-29-2016, 01:12 PM   #58
buckman

Quote:
From some liberal rag today.

The Real Plot Against America

In retrospect, it worked out much better than planned. Who’d have thought a pariah nation, run by an authoritarian who makes his political opponents disappear, could so easily hijack a great democracy? It didn’t take much. A talented nerd can bring down a minnow of a nation. But this level of political crime requires more refined mechanics — you need everyone to play their assigned roles.

You start with a stooge, a fugitive holed up in London, releasing stolen emails on the eve of the Democratic National Convention, in the name of “transparency.” Cyberburglars rely on a partner in crime to pick up stolen goods. And WikiLeaks has always been there for Russia, a nation with no transparency.

The emails show office gossip — catty, sometimes crude back-and-forth by party operatives, and a bias for one candidate. Ho-hum. To make the plot work, reporters have to take the bait. On cue, they decry the fact that politics is going on inside a major political party. The horror — Democratic hacks saying nasty things about Senator Bernie Sanders.

Next, lefty extremists have to act like lefty extremists — that is, myopic to the greater good, guided by a Trumpian sense that they alone know how to solve the world’s problems, and everyone else is a sellout. Angered at the contents of the cybertheft, they boo any mention of their party’s nominee. And told by Senator Sanders, the man who brought them there, that booing is too easy, they boo his call to unite to save their country from a monster.

But Russia still has to seal the deal. Some work remains. If enough angered lefties won’t go for the Democratic nominee, a longtime foe of Vladimir Putin, it will be just enough to put a Putin puppet in the White House. And it would also usher in the term that drove the right wing crazy when George H.W. Bush used it — a New World Order.

What’s in it for Russia? Well, everything. Territory. Hegemony. Its takeover of the Crimean Peninsula has brought sanctions and condemnation from the West. What stands between Putin and further aggression in, say, the Baltic States, is a NATO pact that has kept Europe safe for nearly 70 years. And if you thought Trump stiffed the poor suckers who signed up for his “university,” wait till you see how he treats some of our oldest allies.

Plus, Putin despises Hillary Clinton. Like Trump, his skin is rice-paper-thin, albeit a paler shade of orange; and, like Trump, he never forgets a slight. He still hasn’t gotten over Clinton’s comment on George W. Bush’s infamous look into Putin’s soul. As a former K.G.B agent, said Clinton, “he doesn’t have a soul.”

What’s in it for Trump? Help at winning the ultimate throne of his gilded dreams. And maybe some investment money from Russian oligarchs close to Putin, one of many things Trump may be hiding in his tax returns. The two narcissists share a love of torture, authoritarian rule, and women on runways in bathing suits.

But then, a wild card, something unplanned. Putin didn’t expect Trump to be so all-in with his collusion. He knows Trump is a fool, world class in only one thing — ignorance. He doesn’t need spies for that. He knows Trump is a man who will say anything, and deny in the same breath that he ever said it. The Talented Mr. Trump.

Last November, before a national television audience, Trump said of Putin, “I got to know him very well.” And Wednesday, Trump said, “I never met Putin.” That was a standard Trump lie, on one end or the other. But even Putin couldn’t fathom that Trump really will say anything.

So there was the Republican Party nominee for president inviting an American adversary to wage cyberwar against the country he wants to lead. If that wasn’t Trump’s shoot-somebody-on-Fifth-Avenue moment, nothing will be. What’s more, he was way too obvious about the role of the other pawns in the scheme. “I think you will probably be rewarded mightily by our press,” he said to Mother Russia.

Also, he’s getting carried away with his dictator-philia. On Thursday, he said Putin was a better leader than President Obama. D’oh! In public, at least, you’re supposed to root for the home team.

Trump misses the old days, back when you could “knock the crap out of” a demonstrator. Yeah, the old days. Back when it was disqualifying for an American politician to flirt with treason.

This all seems too preposterous to be planned. Where are the conspiracy nut jobs when you really need them? Even fiction, Philip Roth’s “The Plot Against America,” about a fascist-lite president during World War II, does not have this level of absurdity.

But it unfolds, still, if not according to Russia’s design, then according to Russia’s will. Trump is now a national security risk, actively rooting for a foreign adversary to tamper with an American election. And very soon, he will start receiving classified briefings on that adversary. Ehhhhhcellent!
Did the DNC editors help with this one too ?
I think you need a break from the forum , you're becoming unglued .
Old 07-29-2016, 01:17 PM   #59
spence

Quote:
That the Press (which largely leaves unscathed Hillary's deletion of emails when she was subpoenaed to deliver them) would greatly reward the Russians. Obvious sarcasm, not a request for help or a support for espionage.
I don't believe Clinton ever deleted anything while under subpoena. And as per State Department policy she had the judgement on what was a government record.

As for Trump, even if it was sarcasm it would be seen as an invitation for a foreign government to interfere with a US election. It's yet another in a long string of reckless comments that demonstrate why he doesn't have the temperament to be POTUS.
Old 07-29-2016, 01:28 PM   #60
spence

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecduzitgood View Post
Uranium one..The reason Putin loves Hillary. Look it up, if you don't know what Uranium one is so you can read it yourself rather than take my opinion.
Hillary has been proven to be terrible at national security.
Yea, because donations to the Clinton Foundation influenced 9 US government organizations including the DoD, Treasury and Energy Department, the Utah State Nuclear Regulator and the government of Canada. People in the loop say Clinton wasn't even involved in the process.

By the way...the deal was actually a result of a Bush initiative to expand trade.

SSSSSSSSSSSSSSSHHHHHHHHHHhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh...