Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 5 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 05-07-2014, 08:07 AM   #1
spence

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckman View Post
What spence fails to recognize is the apologizing for the video and then nonstop blaming of the video incited the violence over the video after the attack .
Hell nobody even heard about the YouTube video until the Obama administration decided to make it into what it wasn't.
Totally untrue, keep that white knuckle grip going.

-spence
Old 05-07-2014, 08:55 AM   #2
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by spence View Post
Totally untrue, keep that white knuckle grip going.

-spence
Wasn't the video produced by an American citizen? What about that, Spence? Obama's job is to represent that citizen. And what does Obama do? Throws him under the bus, and informs jihadists all over the world that this American citizen made an anti-Islamic vodeo. Isn't that putting a target on that guy's head? Is that in Obama's job description - "rather than admit that you got caught looking the wrong way, better to blame an innocent civilian who you are supposed to be representing, even if it puts his life at risk"?

Am I wrong on that?
Old 05-09-2014, 08:19 AM   #3
spence

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
Wasn't the video produced by an American citizen? What about that, Spence? Obama's job is to represent that citizen. And what does Obama do? Throws him under the bus, and informs jihadists all over the world that this American citizen made an anti-Islamic vodeo. Isn't that putting a target on that guy's head? Is that in Obama's job description - "rather than admit that you got caught looking the wrong way, better to blame an innocent civilian who you are supposed to be representing, even if it puts his life at risk"?

Am I wrong on that?
An innocent civilian?

I believe he was a Coptic Christian born in Egypt and naturalized in the USA. The guy is a scumbag...meth dealer, bank fraud. He had 13 known aliases. Producing and distributing the video was a violation of his probation and then he lied it was funded by Jews and that he was Jewish.

The video is a joke. His entire purposed appears to have been to denigrate Islam with no redeemable value. His intentional actions led to violence against Americans in Egypt, possibly Libya and countless other locations around the region.

What he did was akin to yelling fire in a theater. He may have a right to free speech but that doesn't mean the government can't reject it.

-spence
Old 05-09-2014, 08:43 AM   #4
Jim in CT

Quote:
An innocent civilian?

I believe he was a Coptic Christian born in Egypt and naturalized in the USA. The guy is a scumbag...meth dealer, bank fraud. He had 13 known aliases. Producing and distributing the video was a violation of his probation and then he lied it was funded by Jews and that he was Jewish.

The video is a joke. His entire purposed appears to have been to denigrate Islam with no redeemable value. His intentional actions led to violence against Americans in Egypt, possibly Libya and countless other locations around the region.

What he did was akin to yelling fire in a theater. He may have a right to free speech but that doesn't mean the government can't reject it.

-spence
"The guy is a scumbag..."

Spence, please tell me where in Obama's oath of office, it says that he only swears to "preserve, protect, and defend the Constitution" as it applies to non-scumbags?

Even if all you say is true (I have no data to refute it), is that a valid reason for Obama to throw this guy under the bus, to blame him for the deaths of 4 Americans?

"His intentional actions led to violence against Americans "

Wrong. What led to violence against Americans is the fact that millions and millions of Muslims resort to barbaric violence when someone calls them names, instead of just ignoring them like civilized people would do.

Imagine for a second if American Catholics spilled innocent blood every time someone said something derogatory about them?
Old 05-09-2014, 05:10 PM   #5
spence

Quote:
"The guy is a scumbag..."

Spence, please tell me where in Obama's oath of office, it says that he only swears to "preserve, protect, and defend the Constitution" as it applies to non-scumbags?
How did he deny the producer of his Constitutional rights? The guy is in jail for violating his probation.

The funny thing is nobody seemed to be outraged when Bush "apologized" to Muslims for actions by Americans, multiple times in fact.

Quote:
Even if all you say is true (I have no data to refute it), is that a valid reason for Obama to throw this guy under the bus, to blame him for the deaths of 4 Americans?
He didn't blame him for the deaths, he was saying, hey…we ain't smoking the same chit is all.

Quote:
Wrong. What led to violence against Americans is the fact that millions and millions of Muslims resort to barbaric violence when someone calls them names, instead of just ignoring them like civilized people would do.
The millions and millions of Muslims did ignore it like civilized people do.

Seriously, I can't believe you actually wrote that.

Quote:
Imagine for a second if American Catholics spilled innocent blood every time someone said something derogatory about them?
Hyperbole at its best…oy vey.

-spence
Old 05-09-2014, 07:32 PM   #6
Jim in CT

Quote:
How did he deny the producer of his Constitutional rights? The guy is in jail for violating his probation.

The funny thing is nobody seemed to be outraged when Bush "apologized" to Muslims for actions by Americans, multiple times in fact.

He didn't blame him for the deaths, he was saying, hey…we ain't smoking the same chit is all.

The millions and millions of Muslims did ignore it like civilized people do.

Seriously, I can't believe you actually wrote that.

Hyperbole at its best…oy vey.

-spence
'How did he deny the producer of his Constitutional rights"

Hmmm. Let's see....Oh yes! Obama told the world this guy was responsible for what happened in Benghazi, and simultaneously invited every Islamic nutjob to take a shot at him. What do you call that, high-quality representation? Is that Obama's idea of serving this guy?

"The funny thing is nobody seemed to be outraged when Bush "apologized" to Muslims for actions by Americans"

Oh. So you're saying Bush was weak on American exceptionalism, and apologized to jihadists? I thought he was a war-hawk? Can't have it both ways...I love it. Spence says Bush was soft with Muslims...

"He didn't blame him for the deaths"

Obama blamed the guy for the uprising. The uprising led to the deaths. If A caused B, and B caused C, ...am I going too fast?

"I can't believe you actually wrote that"

Most sociologists say that 1% or 2% of Muslims worldwide support jihadists. There's what, 1.5 billion Muslims in the world? Borrow a calculator, do the math. Sorry if that fact doesn't suit your insipid agenda, but it's a fact nonetheless. If you have other facts (such as claiming that gun ownership in Canada isn't all that high, or the Hilary really did get shot at), well, we are all ears...please enlighten me...
Old 05-09-2014, 07:53 PM   #7
spence

Quote:
Hmmm. Let's see....Oh yes! Obama told the world this guy was responsible for what happened in Benghazi, and simultaneously invited every Islamic nutjob to take a shot at him. What do you call that, high-quality representation? Is that Obama's idea of serving this guy?
So did Bush invite "every Islamic nutjob to take a shot" at the serviceman who shot the Koran? One example of many...

Quote:
Oh. So you're saying Bush was weak on American exceptionalism, and apologized to jihadists? I thought he was a war-hawk? Can't have it both ways...I love it. Spence says Bush was soft with Muslims...
Actually, it's you that can't have it both ways.

Quote:
Obama blamed the guy for the uprising. The uprising led to the deaths. If A caused B, and B caused C, ...am I going too fast?
Obama didn't blame the guy for the uprising, he simply said he doesn't represent the beliefs of America.

And Obama was right. The video producer doesn't represent the beliefs of the vast majority of Americans.

Quote:
Most sociologists say that 1% or 2% of Muslims worldwide support jihadists. There's what, 1.5 billion Muslims in the world? Borrow a calculator, do the math. Sorry if that fact doesn't suit your insipid agenda, but it's a fact nonetheless. If you have other facts (such as claiming that gun ownership in Canada isn't all that high, or the Hilary really did get shot at), well, we are all ears...please enlighten me...
If you want to equate a 1% or 2% of Muslims worldwide supporting jihadists with "millions and millions of Muslims resort (ing) to barbaric violence" then you probably don't understand jihad.

As for gun ownership in Canada, the stats speak for themselves.

-spence