Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 04-02-2018, 07:51 AM   #1
spence

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
How's your 401(k) compared to January 2017?
Are you planning on cashing out?
Old 04-02-2018, 09:07 AM   #2
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by spence View Post
Are you planning on cashing out?
No, but for damn sure I have stop loss orders on my top holdings...the correction is coming.
Old 04-02-2018, 09:56 AM   #3
spence

Quote:
No, but for damn sure I have stop loss orders on my top holdings...the correction is coming.
So you're claiming the market gains the past 12 months are evidence of Trump's fiscal sophistication even though they're about to crash.

Good one.
Old 04-02-2018, 10:40 AM   #4
Jim in CT

Quote:
So you're claiming the market gains the past 12 months are evidence of Trump's fiscal sophistication even though they're about to crash.

Good one.
See here's the difference between you and me. I ask you a question, you evade (you still haven't answered). You ask me a question, I respond directly. I can respond directly, because unlike some people, my opinions are a result of critical thinking, as opposed to blind, fanatical acceptance of one party's doctrine.

Many people, regardless of party, think a correction/recession is due. That is not necessarily a rejection of Trump's policies (though people like you will obviously spin it that way when it happens). Whoever won in 2016, was going to inherit an economy that was ripe for some pain. The tax overhaul instantly made companies more profitable, thus more valuable, thus perhaps postponing the correction.

It didn't matter whether Bernie Sanders won, or Ted Cruz, or someone in between. We are ripe for a correction. I would say the same exact thing, regardless of the party of the winner of the election. Your spin, depends entirely on the party of the POTUS, that tells you whether you give the POTUS credit or blame.
Old 04-02-2018, 12:41 PM   #5
spence

Quote:
See here's the difference between you and me. I ask you a question, you evade (you still haven't answered). You ask me a question, I respond directly. I can respond directly, because unlike some people, my opinions are a result of critical thinking, as opposed to blind, fanatical acceptance of one party's doctrine.

Many people, regardless of party, think a correction/recession is due. That is not necessarily a rejection of Trump's policies (though people like you will obviously spin it that way when it happens). Whoever won in 2016, was going to inherit an economy that was ripe for some pain. The tax overhaul instantly made companies more profitable, thus more valuable, thus perhaps postponing the correction.

It didn't matter whether Bernie Sanders won, or Ted Cruz, or someone in between. We are ripe for a correction. I would say the same exact thing, regardless of the party of the winner of the election. Your spin, depends entirely on the party of the POTUS, that tells you whether you give the POTUS credit or blame.
It's a silly question. Unless I'm going to pull money out my 401k value is meaningless. Could be 1/2 what it is now when I retire.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Old 04-02-2018, 01:57 PM   #6
Jim in CT

Quote:
It's a silly question. Unless I'm going to pull money out my 401k value is meaningless. Could be 1/2 what it is now when I retire.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
It's not even close to meaningless. If your 401k is up since he's been in, an honest person would give him credit.

Likelihood of cashing out means nothing. Bush was crucified when the economy tanked at the end of hos term, and I'd bet my house that you were among those who criticized him. were you cashing out then?

I don't even know what you are saying...only those ready to cash out, are qualified to opine on the economic policies of the current POTUS? Absurd.
Old 04-02-2018, 02:18 PM   #7
wdmso

This was about Trump and Amazon lets simplify the topic with a right or wrong. was trump right or wrong to attack Amazon and cause a stock drop which remove 30 billion dollars in value.

I say wrong