Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 09-02-2016, 04:49 AM   #1
wdmso

Some here need to read this

Don’t get spun by Internet rumors

http://www.factcheck.org/hot-topics/
Old 09-02-2016, 05:16 AM   #2
Fishpart
Keep The Change

I always believe an organization with a cute name like factcheck or politifact when i know bill ayers and george soros are somhow involved at the highest levels...
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Old 09-02-2016, 05:27 AM   #3
ecduzitgood
time to go

I see a pattern http://finance.yahoo.com/video/hacke...144448347.html
Old 09-02-2016, 08:23 AM   #4
JohnR
Certifiable Intertidal Anguiologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post
Don’t get spun by Internet rumors

http://www.factcheck.org/hot-topics/

True*

*but some are half truths or distorted truths and some have significant bias - both ways

~Fix the Bait~ ~Pogies Forever~

Striped Bass Fishing - All Stripers

Kobayashi Maru Election - there is no way to win.

Apocalypse is Coming:
Old 09-02-2016, 12:05 PM   #5
The Dad Fisherman
Super Moderator

What would the spin be on the email issue? Looks pretty clearly like Cut and Dry Irresponsibilty to me.

Don't care what an Internet site says.
Old 09-02-2016, 02:04 PM   #6
Slipknot
Super Moderator

I don't believe any of what I read and half of what I see.

The United States Constitution does not exist to grant you rights; those rights are inherent within you. Rather it exists to frame a limited government so that those natural rights can be exercised freely.

1984 was a warning, not a guidebook!

It's time more people spoke up with the truth. Every time we let a leftist lie go uncorrected, the commies get stronger.
Old 09-02-2016, 02:59 PM   #7
spence

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dad Fisherman View Post
What would the spin be on the email issue? Looks pretty clearly like Cut and Dry Irresponsibilty to me.
I think she said herself it wasn't a good idea. Put in context of her entire career it's pretty insignificant.
Old 09-02-2016, 03:34 PM   #8
ecduzitgood
time to go

She lied about the whole issue and decided to have her own private server in order to hide that which she didn't want people to see so no, it is not insignificant. She is the ONLY SECRETARY OF STATE TO USE HER OWN PRIVATE SERVER!

I also read somewhere that her assistants (Mills, Huma)were not allowed to attend her security briefing because of the issues she created. It cost them their security clearance and should have cost Hillary hers.
Old 09-02-2016, 03:50 PM   #9
The Dad Fisherman
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by spence View Post
I think she said herself it wasn't a good idea. Put in context of her entire career it's pretty insignificant.
Yeah, that pesky "National Security" thing doesn't mean much....

"If you're arguing with an idiot, make sure he isn't doing the same thing."
Old 09-02-2016, 04:59 PM   #10
spence

Quote:
Yeah, that pesky "National Security" thing doesn't mean much....
Considering state.gov was hacked yet there's no evidence her server was I'm not sure that argument means much anymore. Further, the emails released show there wasn't a general disregard for mishandling of classified information.
Old 09-02-2016, 07:23 PM   #11
scottw

Quote:
Considering state.gov was hacked yet there's no evidence her server was I'm not sure that argument means much anymore. Further, the emails released show there wasn't a general disregard for mishandling of classified information.
such a tool...
Old 09-02-2016, 08:10 PM   #12
spence

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottw View Post
such a tool...
Brilliant response.
Old 09-02-2016, 09:59 PM   #13
The Dad Fisherman
Super Moderator

Quote:
What part of "Irresponsibilty" and "National Security" don't you comprehend.....

Just because "supposedly" nothing happened.....doesn't mean it's not a problem.

Old 09-03-2016, 08:32 AM   #14
JohnR
Certifiable Intertidal Anguiologist

Quote:

Don't care what an Internet site says.
It is.

Quote:

Jeff - I say this in all sincerity. You are a smart guy, we know you like to stir the pot, I have to believe you know she is as guilty as hell and are just splitting along partisan lines. You can't possibly really believe half of what you say in defense of her, right?

~Fix the Bait~ ~Pogies Forever~

Striped Bass Fishing - All Stripers

Kobayashi Maru Election - there is no way to win.

Apocalypse is Coming:
Old 09-03-2016, 11:42 AM   #15
scottw

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnR View Post
You can't possibly really believe half of what you say in defense of her, right?
no one else believes any of what he says so if he believes half of what he says he believes half of what no none else believes....or something
Old 09-03-2016, 02:32 PM   #16
detbuch

Those who believe fact checkers are some sort of media demi-god may well be fact-check-sheeple. They are often putting blind faith in phony "facts" and being led astray like sheep to the whatever:

http://www.breitbart.com/2016-presid...shington-post/

http://www.usnews.com/opinion/blogs/...st-republicans
Old 09-03-2016, 03:39 PM   #17
basswipe

I believe EVERYTHING the internet tells me to believe.It can't be wrong,Hillary told me so as we came under fire and Brian Williams told me so as we were going down.

If that's the best you have,we really are all doomed.

Pathetic attempt at best.
Old 09-04-2016, 09:52 AM   #18
spence

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnR View Post
Jeff - I say this in all sincerity. You are a smart guy, we know you like to stir the pot, I have to believe you know she is as guilty as hell and are just splitting along partisan lines. You can't possibly really believe half of what you say in defense of her, right?
Guilty of what?
Old 09-04-2016, 10:36 AM   #19
ecduzitgood
time to go

Quote:
Guilty of what?
How about looting the white house for starters. Remember the China the Democrats were so angry about the Regans purchasing for the white house, well apparently the Democrats are all right with the Clinton's taking it when they left since they still support thieves by supporting Hillary.
So were they guilty of stealing from the taxpayers or not? (I am not asking if they reimbursed the taxpayers after the fact, I am asking you to admit they tried to get away with stealing).
Old 09-04-2016, 10:41 AM   #20
ecduzitgood
time to go

Did she say she never received classified emails?

Did she receive classified emails?

Did she say she returned all work related emails?

Did she actually return all work related emails?

Did she delete or destroy government property?
Old 09-04-2016, 11:36 AM   #21
wdmso

Quote:
Originally Posted by detbuch View Post
Those who believe fact checkers are some sort of media demi-god may well be fact-check-sheeple. They are often putting blind faith in phony "facts" and being led astray like sheep to the whatever:

http://www.breitbart.com/2016-presid...shington-post/

http://www.usnews.com/opinion/blogs/...st-republicans
funny your response to facts is a story from Breitbart and an OPINION
piece.. thanks for making my point .. this is the same play book used in Global warming lets find the 1 guy who disagree with the majority and sell it as counter evidence .. I guess Oklahoma Magnitude 5.6 earthquake wasn't influenced by Man either
Old 09-04-2016, 11:48 AM   #22
wdmso

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecduzitgood View Post
Did she say she never received classified emails? ( Not to her Knowledge you understand what retroactive means)

Did she receive classified emails? ( the issue is from who sent classified email )

Did she say she returned all work related emails? ( do you think she was the one doing the IT work ?? )

Did she actually return all work related emails? ( same as above)

Did she delete or destroy government property? (Same as above )
I guess a basic lack of how email servers work stored recovered helps with the rights argument

I doubt anyone here to include myself could say with 100% accuracy the emails I sent or received where to whom for what good or bad classified or not from the past 10 years... But when you dumb down events and activities to kindergarten logic its easy
Old 09-04-2016, 01:07 PM   #23
ecduzitgood
time to go

Quote:
I guess a basic lack of how email servers work stored recovered helps with the rights argument

I doubt anyone here to include myself could say with 100% accuracy the emails I sent or received where to whom for what good or bad classified or not from the past 10 years... But when you dumb down events and activities to kindergarten logic its easy
She certainly used kindergarten logic deleting classified information that WAS MARKED CLASSIFIED WHEN SHE RECEIVED IT. She was trained before becoming secretary of state on how to handle government information and signed a document that stated she understood some information should be considered classified even if NOT MARKED CLASSIFIED and should be handled appropriately. Hell she didn't care about any of the information, she said she never received classified information when she did and should have known. But apparently her excuse is she thought the "c" was for aphabeticle organization....well her alphabet must start at c since there were no part a,b or d etc. ask a kindergarten child to recite the alphabet and I bet they know better than Hillary that a and b come before c.

Did she turn in all the blackberry devices she used? I recall reading she had 13 and apparently lost many of them. She even used her blackberry after being warned about using it...I think it was the Russian trip she took with a Staples easy button prop to reset our relationship with Russia. I wonder what else was going on during that time with contributions to the Clinton Foundation.
She doesn't are about anyone but Hillary just like the rest of the Democrats that the blacks have voted for for decades in placesplaces like Detroit and just been given enough to get their vote, yet not improve their lives or their ability to live productive satisfying lives in safety and access to employment.

Has the Clinton Foundation given the people of Louisiana any aid since flooding left many homeless, you know there are women and children that would benefit from the help the Clinton Foundation could be giving. Apparently it is not what the Clinton's want to do. Perhaps because the amount that goes to the needy might explode to 15% or more of what the Foundation gives over a normal year. They're even stingy with other people's money.

I was wondering the other day whether Hillary even has the ability to drive a vehicle.

Last edited by ecduzitgood; 09-04-2016 at 01:27 PM..
Old 09-04-2016, 01:37 PM   #24
The Dad Fisherman
Super Moderator

Quote:

That's exactly why Hilary should have been using a Work server for all of her email. Policies dictate logging and archival requirements......so if there are any of those questions you just mentioned, they can all be answered.

By-passing those policies with your own server gives you plenty of holes to escape through.

Old 09-04-2016, 02:04 PM   #25
buckman

Quote:
So she got away with it . Brilliant
Like driving home hammered from a bar and then saying you did nothing wrong.
Old 09-04-2016, 02:45 PM   #26
scottw

Quote:

hint...the big "C" is for CONFIDENTIAL....unless you fell and whacked your head and conveniently can't recall and/or missed your Big Girl Security Training....you might or might not be aware....depends on what the meaning of "C" is, could also mean CLUELESS, CRIMINAL, CORRUPT, CONGENITAL, CLINTONIAN ....
Old 09-04-2016, 03:27 PM   #27
wdmso

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottw View Post
hint...the big "C" is for CONFIDENTIAL....unless you fell and whacked your head and conveniently can't recall and/or missed your Big Girl Security Training....you might or might not be aware....depends on what the meaning of "C" is, could also mean CLUELESS, CRIMINAL, CORRUPT, CONGENITAL, CLINTONIAN ....
the issue is the sender of the such material not who receives it.. As dumb as it was to have a separate email server she had the clearance to view anything that was sent to her ..

“These documents were not marked classified at the time they were sent,”

not sure why some cant grasp the above ?

man gets pulled over by the cops sir do you have any thing illegal in you car "NO" the officer searches the car and find a bag of weed ...

as of now he is a liar ,, investigation finds it was the guy who detailed his car yesterday bag of weed.. is he still a liar ... technically

most political lies are not intended to actually change anyone’s mind. It’s usually too late for that. Ordinary political lies are merely intended to sow confusion and sprinkle a bit of doubt. If lying politicians can supply a reed to their own supporters who are grasping for one, the job will have been done.

http://www.vanityfair.com/news/2016/...ia-gaffes-lies
Old 09-04-2016, 03:33 PM   #28
wdmso

Damn fact checkers how dare they fact check both there goes the liberal bias argument

http://www.politifact.com/personalit...yruling/false/

http://www.politifact.com/personalit...yruling/false/
Old 09-04-2016, 03:36 PM   #29
buckman

Quote:
the issue is the sender of the such material not who receives it.. As dumb as it was to have a separate email server she had the clearance to view anything that was sent to her ..

“These documents were not marked classified at the time they were sent,”

not sure why some cant grasp the above ?

man gets pulled over by the cops sir do you have any thing illegal in you car "NO" the officer searches the car and find a bag of weed ...

as of now he is a liar ,, investigation finds it was the guy who detailed his car yesterday bag of weed.. is he still a liar ... technically

most political lies are not intended to actually change anyone’s mind. It’s usually too late for that. Ordinary political lies are merely intended to sow confusion and sprinkle a bit of doubt. If lying politicians can supply a reed to their own supporters who are grasping for one, the job will have been done.

http://www.vanityfair.com/news/2016/...ia-gaffes-lies
Hate to break it to you but the FBI said they were marked classified AT THE TIME .
Your mixing up her testimony before congress with the truth as told by the FBI director . Not your fault , it's very confusing
Old 09-04-2016, 04:51 PM   #30
scottw

"I have nothing to hide!"

bleachbit...........

so ironic that she was involved with the Nixon investigation

great to see Trump looking so Presidential....helping out at natural disasters, working with foreign leaders, minority community outreach.......