Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 02-02-2018, 09:37 AM   #121
scottw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nebe View Post
Time to hit the reset button.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
giddayup
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	art.clintonlavrov1.gi.jpg
Views:	327
Size:	32.0 KB
ID:	64924  
Old 02-02-2018, 09:37 AM   #122
PaulS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
You haven't seen any evidence that there were agents involved with Hilary and Trump, who might have been rooting for Hilary? Sure there were. The agents aren't robots and have no opinion on things. One called Trump an idiot. Is that really different than Tillerson calling Trump a Moron?McCabe's wife taking big campaign money from Democratic PACs for her senate run? So no FBI agent's spouse should run for office.

"The FBI" isn't liberal. There might be a few bad apples who had their thumbs on the scale for Hilary. There has been no indication that anyone did anything wrong, no secret society.Maybe, maybe not.

The left wouldn't be going berserk trying to block the release of the memo, if there was nothing there. If the memo is a Spence nothingburger, it will get spun as such on every network except one, and the GOP will look stupid.Trump will use it to get rid of Rosenstien even if everything in it isn't true.

The right would not have blocked the Democrat response if there wasn't anything there they didn't want us to see. The response was written by Schiff - who read the intel. and they won't release it yet are releasing the Nunes memo even though he didn't read the intel.

Who the heck knows what the truth is. Dirty stuff on all sides.
The Repubs. all voted down a motion to have the FBI brief them on why the memo shouldn't be released.
Old 02-02-2018, 09:45 AM   #123
scottw

I think we need to see the memo....if you are right, Trump and the Republicans are toast....right?
Old 02-02-2018, 09:48 AM   #124
wdmso

Quote:
There are two sides pointing their fingers at each other. No one can come close to knowing for sure what the truth is, based on currently available facts. Let's find out the truth and react appropriately. Shockingly, you believe everything from the left and nothing from the right. That may turn out to be the reality. Let's find out.

Regarding Hilary and Trump, there is some supposed evidence of senior FBI officials acting out of political ideology, rather than a search for the truth. That would also be a level of corruption I'd think would you, but you're not bothered if Hilary was the beneficiary.

Jim you need to ask your self why are the republicans conducting these investigations.. and why now... and not while Obama was in office if this was such a concern "FBI officials acting out of political ideology"

No one can come close to knowing for sure what the truth is, based on currently available facts. Let's find out the truth and react appropriately.

Nothing in the Nunes memo deals with facts.. its a memo.. Republicans love to make claims of wrong doing or conspiracies then sell them as truth

So what Nunes has done is discredited or attempt to dis credit the FBI and the Justice Dept.. with a Memo . Trump supporters believe anything facts have never mattered ..

and here is the Rub WHO IS LEFT STANDING TO INVESTAGATE THESE ABUSE OF POWERS NUNES CLAIM TO HAVE HAPPENED?? IN HIS 4 PAGE MEMO.. THEIR ARE NO AGENCIES LEFT NO CIA ,JUSTICE DEPT OR FBI THAT TRUMP AND HIS ACCOMPLICES HAVEN'T TARRED AND FEATHERED.. TRUMP HAS BEEN PLANTING THE SEED OF DOUBT IN OUR GOVERMENT AGENCIES FROM 1 ST DAY OF HIS CANDIDACY .. A BLOODLESS COUP D'ETAT

Last edited by wdmso; 02-02-2018 at 09:55 AM..
Old 02-02-2018, 09:49 AM   #125
wdmso

http://billmoyers.com/story/trump-russia-timeline/
Old 02-02-2018, 09:52 AM   #126
scottw

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post

Nothing in the Nunes memo deals with facts.. its a memo..
this is not a factual statement...
Old 02-02-2018, 10:26 AM   #127
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulS View Post
The Repubs. all voted down a motion to have the FBI brief them on why the memo shouldn't be released.
"So no FBI agent's spouse should run for office"

No...But said agent should recuse himself if there is an appearance of a conflict
Old 02-02-2018, 10:36 AM   #128
Jim in CT

Quote:
Jim you need to ask your self why are the republicans conducting these investigations.. and why now... and not while Obama was in office if this was such a concern "FBI officials acting out of political ideology"

No one can come close to knowing for sure what the truth is, based on currently available facts. Let's find out the truth and react appropriately.

Nothing in the Nunes memo deals with facts.. its a memo.. Republicans love to make claims of wrong doing or conspiracies then sell them as truth

So what Nunes has done is discredited or attempt to dis credit the FBI and the Justice Dept.. with a Memo . Trump supporters believe anything facts have never mattered ..

and here is the Rub WHO IS LEFT STANDING TO INVESTAGATE THESE ABUSE OF POWERS NUNES CLAIM TO HAVE HAPPENED?? IN HIS 4 PAGE MEMO.. THEIR ARE NO AGENCIES LEFT NO CIA ,JUSTICE DEPT OR FBI THAT TRUMP AND HIS ACCOMPLICES HAVEN'T TARRED AND FEATHERED.. TRUMP HAS BEEN PLANTING THE SEED OF DOUBT IN OUR GOVERMENT AGENCIES FROM 1 ST DAY OF HIS CANDIDACY .. A BLOODLESS COUP D'ETAT
"Jim you need to ask your self why are the republicans conducting these investigations.. and why now"

For the same reason that the media sat on Trump's Access Hollywood tape until they thought it would do the most damage...politics. The fact that the motive is political, doesn't mean the democrats didn't do anything. Same reason why the left is calling for an investigation between Trump and Russia...political damage

"Nothing in the Nunes memo deals with facts.. its a memo"

Not sure if you know what a "memo" is, but a memo can have elements of fact contained in it.

"So what Nunes has done is discredited or attempt to dis credit the FBI and the Justice Dept.. with a Memo "

If the memo were to show (and I am purely speculating) that the FBI knowingly relied on false information to get the FISA warrant, than the memo would indeed discredit the FBI and Nunes would be vindicated. True or false? And if that false information was paid for by the Clinton campaign, well that's a scandal. That's what some are alleging. I have no idea whether or not it's true, and neither do you.
Old 02-02-2018, 10:38 AM   #129
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottw View Post
I think we need to see the memo....if you are right, Trump and the Republicans are toast....right?
exactly. Am I supposed to believe that the reason the democrats oppose the release of the memo, is that they know there's nothing there, and they don't want the republicans to embarrass themselves.
Old 02-02-2018, 10:49 AM   #130
PaulS

Quote:
"So no FBI agent's spouse should run for office"

No...But said agent should recuse himself if there is an appearance of a conflict
Fair enough. I think he did recuse himself shortly bf the election. I don't know how long he worked on the email thing.
Old 02-02-2018, 11:02 AM   #131
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulS View Post
Fair enough. I think he did recuse himself shortly bf the election. I don't know how long he worked on the email thing.
Believe me, I don't know any of the actual facts either. Foxnews broadcasts one extreme, CNN broadcasts the other. Would be nice if we knew the actual truth, and gave the boot to whoever is lying, wouldn't it?
Old 02-02-2018, 11:38 AM   #132
scottw

Quote:
Believe me, I don't know any of the actual facts either. Foxnews broadcasts one extreme, CNN, NBC, ABC, CBS, MSNBC, NPR broadcasts the other. Would be nice if we knew the actual truth, and gave the boot to whoever is lying, wouldn't it?
fixed it
Old 02-02-2018, 11:51 AM   #133
spence

Quote:
exactly. Am I supposed to believe that the reason the democrats oppose the release of the memo, is that they know there's nothing there, and they don't want the republicans to embarrass themselves.
Jim, just to be sure you get it...the most serious opposition to the memo is coming from lifelong Republicans.
Old 02-02-2018, 12:18 PM   #134
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottw View Post
fixed it
You can say that again.
Old 02-02-2018, 01:32 PM   #135
Pete F.
Canceled

Just take Russian lessons, when Trump finishes you will need them.
The things that have disappeared from the media
Ukraine
Russian meddling in elections
meanwhile we are trying to convince everyone that the FBI is full of either Democrats or Deep State agents

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Niles: You have met “people”, haven’t you?

Lets Go Darwin
Old 02-02-2018, 01:35 PM   #136
spence

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete F. View Post
Russian meddling in elections
meanwhile we are trying to convince everyone that the FBI is full of either Democrats or Deep State agents
My understanding is that the DOJ has still done absolutely nothing to investigate further or take actions to inhibit Russian election interference.
Old 02-02-2018, 02:36 PM   #137
wdmso

the memos out and no evidence presented just more of the same conspiracies and innuendo

text messages, The Steele dossier, and new target in The Nunes memo Deputy Attorney General Rod Rosenstein

from an article
this somehow proves that the investigation into the Trump campaign’s Russia ties is entirely based on support for Clinton within the FBI and anti-Trump animus.

the memo’s claims are impossible to evaluate without seeing the underlying intelligence it was based on.

so where is the evidence

maybe nunes should look at this time linehttp://billmoyers.com/story/trump-russia-timeline/
Old 02-02-2018, 02:44 PM   #138
wdmso

from hero to zero in the republican party Sen. McCain on the Nunes Memo

“The latest attacks against the FBI and Department of Justice serve no American interests ― no party’s, no President’s, only Putin’s,” McCain added. “The American people deserve to know all the facts surrounding Russia’s ongoing efforts to subvert our democracy, which is why Special Counsel Mueller’s investigation must proceed unimpeded. Our nation’s elected officials, including the president, must stop looking at this investigation through the lens of politics and manufacturing political sideshows. If we continue to undermine our own rule of law, we are doing Putin’s job for him.”
Old 02-02-2018, 02:53 PM   #139
wdmso

Now that the truth is out, we must demand that justice be done. If we could rely on our politicians, there would already be indictments.

*Drop the Mueller investigation immediately
*Investigate Obama, Lynch and Comey
*Investigate Hillary and her campaign
*Investigate all Never Trumpers in congress who aided this effort
*Investigate all FBI and DOJ holdovers from the Obama administration
*Investigate media collusion in support of this fraud

And for God's sake, immediately cease and desist all references to Russian collusion! And leave President Trump to his work, fighting for the American people!

from Trump base ... cult of personality
Old 02-02-2018, 03:01 PM   #140
Jim in CT

mccain didn’t say whyvthe attacks are baseless I noticed.
Old 02-02-2018, 03:42 PM   #141
scottw

sure has the whacky left in a tizzy...
Old 02-02-2018, 03:43 PM   #142
wdmso

Quote:

must stop looking at this investigation through the lens of politics and manufacturing political sideshows. If we continue to undermine our own rule of law,

seems clear to me
Old 02-02-2018, 04:14 PM   #143
scottw

Quote:
isn't it funny how McCain is a demented old fool when he disagrees with democrats or runs for president but he's a brilliant and esteemed statesman when he says something that the think helps their cause
Old 02-03-2018, 03:53 PM   #144
wdmso

some fact checking

https://www.npr.org/2018/02/02/58282...ence-committee
Old 02-03-2018, 04:10 PM   #145
scottw

Quote:
you are adorable
Old 02-03-2018, 04:51 PM   #146
wdmso

Comey, Muller and Rosenstein all Republicans all apointed by Trump and confirmed by Republicans

But are now enemy #1 (of the law and order party) because they are following the evidence and the Law... we're ever it leads them amazing
Old 02-03-2018, 05:11 PM   #147
detbuch

What's so amazing?
Old 02-05-2018, 03:34 PM   #148
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

Trump took credit for the bull market during his first year, I wonder if he will take credit for what appears to be a long overdue correction in the market these past few days, which most thought was soon to come.

I sure did enjoy the run, but even the great and powerful OZ (Trump) can't stop what's happening now, but he probably will blame someone else for it.
Old 02-05-2018, 04:11 PM   #149
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Got Stripers View Post
Trump took credit for the bull market during his first year, I wonder if he will take credit for what appears to be a long overdue correction in the market these past few days, which most thought was soon to come.

I sure did enjoy the run, but even the great and powerful OZ (Trump) can't stop what's happening now, but he probably will blame someone else for it.
Not sure what he has to deflect blame for, tor what he should be trying to stop...the market is still up a lot on his watch.

Inflation has nowhere to go but up, interest rates have nowhere to go but up.

If the market keeps doing what it did today he will have much to answer for, nothing unfair about that. I heard the selloff was based on fear that they'd raise interest rates to head off inflation, and that inflation fears were stoked by a strong jobs/earnings report.

It's funny, you'd think a strong jobs/earnings report would be favorable to the market, which makes it a good thing I'm not a financial advisor.

As the tax cuts are realized, you have to think consumer spending will increase, could make inflation fears more legitimate.
Old 02-05-2018, 04:15 PM   #150
spence

Quote:
Not sure what he has to deflect blame for, tor what he should be trying to stop...the market is still up a lot on his watch.
You are aware the market had its worst day ever today right? Down almost 5%.

Looks like the influx of stimulus from the tax plan was the worst thing possible considering the state of the economy.