Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 04-24-2020, 01:51 PM   #61
wdmso

Funny looking at Trump defense on display. The world 99% of Americans heard what he said and know what he said was dumb period....

If any of your kids wife or relatives made such a suggestion .. I doubt they would patted on the back, praised on how insight they are and what a great idea and why hasn't anyone elses thought about it. and then given him a big hug ...for trying

But for trump he gets all of that. His maga hat should be a hockey helmet and airforce one should be redone painted yellow and shortened ..

When is 1 lie to many or what would he need to say or do before you to accept what has been in plan sight since he ran for office. .? Hes a fraudster
Old 04-24-2020, 01:53 PM   #62
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

I heard Jul and Lysol are working to quickly bring to market a vap version of their best disinfectants, the young stupid idiots who think vaping is cool will eat that up.
Old 04-24-2020, 01:59 PM   #63
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulS View Post
You are the one who has lost it trying to defend what he said. You're trying to parse words. It is another example of how stupid he is. No, one would with an ounce of common sense would have said it the way he did and no one would have ever made that statement with a national (world wide?) audience. At the least, they would have pulled a Dr. aside bf the presser to ask them any question. But bc he doesn't read the notes, ask questions or be prepared, you end up with these stupid things said.
Why are you too chicken to answer my question? Why did he use the phrase "is there a way..."? What do you really, truly think he meant?

You're correct he is an awful speaker. Let us guess...if Biden wins, then PRESTO! Being a good speaker will no longer be important to you.

Trump should OBVIOUSLY let the experts speak to their expertise, and he should stick to summarizing results and policy. It's totally fair to criticize him for the idiotic and bratty way he inserts himself into these briefings. It's totally unfair, to say he was suggesting we should inject disinfectants. He was asking if there might be a way we could use it safely, and he was clearly asking a doctor. He wasn't making any suggestions that anyone do it. But you guys are physically incapable of resisting the impulse to act as if he said something not even close to what he actually said.

If there's a product, any product, which kills this virus on contact, why the hell wouldn't you ask a doctor if it's in any way possible to use that safely to help people who are dying? Why the hell wouldn't you ask if it's possible?

Asking if it could be possible, isn't anywhere near the same, as saying it works.

Try. Making. That. Wrong.
Old 04-24-2020, 02:01 PM   #64
Sea Dangles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Got Stripers View Post
I heard Jul and Lysol are working to quickly bring to market a vap version of their best disinfectants, the young stupid idiots who think vaping is cool will eat that up.
Fake news amigo.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

PRO CHOICE REPUBLICAN
Old 04-24-2020, 02:04 PM   #65
Sea Dangles

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post
Funny looking at Trump defense on display. The world 99% of Americans heard what he said and know what he said was dumb period....

If any of your kids wife or relatives made such a suggestion .. I doubt they would patted on the back, praised on how insight they are and what a great idea and why hasn't anyone elses thought about it. and then given him a big hug ...for trying

But for trump he gets all of that. His maga hat should be a hockey helmet and airforce one should be redone painted yellow and shortened ..

When is 1 lie to many or what would he need to say or do before you to accept what has been in plan sight since he ran for office. .? Hes a fraudster
Wayne,you are making things up and believing yourself. Count backwards from 100 immediately.

PRO CHOICE REPUBLICAN
Old 04-24-2020, 02:06 PM   #66
Sea Dangles

Quote:
2 degrees

HS doesn't count.
I have a young son who earns college credits at BC High. HS does count.😘

PRO CHOICE REPUBLICAN
Old 04-24-2020, 02:10 PM   #67
Jim in CT

Quote:
If any of your kids wife or relatives made such a suggestion .. I
What did he suggest, exactly? Did he suggest anything? Or did he ask if something was possible?

He asked a doctor, if there's any way that products that kill the virus, could be injected. He specifically said that these products "do a number on the lungs", and he said that's why we need to bring doctors into this.

Every single day, thousands of Americans are dying. If a product is known to kill the virus, what harm does it do, to ask a doctor if there's any way it could be used to help? You think that pursuing seemingly nonsensical ideas have never, in the history of mankind, led to helpful breakthroughs?

What would you have said to the first farmer who asked a doctor, "hey, if I take piles and piles and piles of animal feces, can I spread it in my garden on top of the vegetables i'm trying to grow, is that a good idea"? What would your answer have been? Or your answer to the first person who suggested taking a human heart out of one person, and putting it in another person? I had a gigantic kidney stone a few years ago, that they reduced by bombarding me with ultrasound waves. Who the hell thought of that?

What would you have said to the first oncologist who proposed treating cancer by exposing patients to radiation? How insane did that sound, until we discovered it worked?

We don't know what's possible, until we try.
Old 04-24-2020, 02:18 PM   #68
PaulS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
Why are you too chicken Who is chicken - why do you constantly resort to angry insults?to answer my question? Why did he use the phrase "is there a way..."? What do you really, truly think he meant?I think he truly meant what everyone thought he said. That is why Lysol had to come out with a statement telling people what not to do and why he had to try to walk it back by lying and saying it was sarcastic.

You're correct he is an awful speaker. Let us guess...if Biden wins, then PRESTO! Being a good speaker will no longer be important to you.You mean after the hypocrisy demonstrated here trying to justify what Trump said?

Trump should OBVIOUSLY let the experts speak to their expertise, and he should stick to summarizing results and policy. It's totally fair to criticize him for the idiotic and bratty way he inserts himself into these briefings. It's totally unfair, to say he was suggesting we should inject disinfectants. He was asking if there might be a way we could use it safely, and he was clearly asking a doctor. He wasn't making any suggestions that anyone do it. But you guys are physically incapable of resisting the impulse to act as if he said something not even close to what he actually said.

If there's a product, any product, which kills this virus on contact, why the hell wouldn't you ask a doctor if it's in any way possible to use that safely to help people who are dying? Why the hell wouldn't you ask if it's possible?

Asking if it could be possible, isn't anywhere near the same, as saying it works.

Try. Making. That. Wrong.
The other guy said
"We’ve tested bleach, we’ve tested isopropyl alcohol on the virus specifically in saliva or in respiratory fluids and I can tell you that bleach will kill the virus in five minutes. Isopropyl alcohol will kill the virus in 30 seconds and that’s with no manipulation, no rubbing. Just bring it on and leaving it go. You rub it and it goes away even faster"

And the Trump says "....And then I see the disinfectant, where it knocks it out in one minute. And is there a way we can do something like that by injection inside (vs what injection outside?)or almost a cleaning because you see it gets in the lungs and it does a tremendous number on the lungs, so it’d be interesting to check that so that you’re going to have to use medical doctors with, but it sounds interesting to me"

So do you think any adult would ask after the subject is bleach and alcohol if there is a way to do "injection inside"? No, one would with an ounce of common sense would have said it the way he did and no one would have ever made that statement with a national (world wide?) audience. And you keep trying to spin it away.

TRY. MAKING. THAT. WRONG. (see I used capitals!)
Old 04-24-2020, 02:18 PM   #69
PaulS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sea Dangles View Post
I have a young son who earns college credits at BC High. HS does count.��
Nice!

But HS only counts for some people.
Old 04-24-2020, 02:26 PM   #70
Jim in CT

Quote:
The other guy said
"We’ve tested bleach, we’ve tested isopropyl alcohol on the virus specifically in saliva or in respiratory fluids and I can tell you that bleach will kill the virus in five minutes. Isopropyl alcohol will kill the virus in 30 seconds and that’s with no manipulation, no rubbing. Just bring it on and leaving it go. You rub it and it goes away even faster"

And the Trump says "....And then I see the disinfectant, where it knocks it out in one minute. And is there a way we can do something like that by injection inside (vs what injection outside?)or almost a cleaning because you see it gets in the lungs and it does a tremendous number on the lungs, so it’d be interesting to check that so that you’re going to have to use medical doctors with, but it sounds interesting to me"

So do you think any adult would ask after the subject is bleach and alcohol if there is a way to do "injection inside"? No, one would with an ounce of common sense would have said it the way he did and no one would have ever made that statement with a national (world wide?) audience. And you keep trying to spin it away.

TRY. MAKING. THAT. WRONG. (see I used capitals!)
"I think he truly meant what everyone thought he said"

Not if what you think he said, doesn't match what he said.

"Who is chicken - why do you constantly resort to angry insults?"

You. You are chicken, and you're a liar. You purposely pretend that he didn't say "is there a way". The fact that Trump used the phrase "is there a way", means he was asking if something is possible.

Are we not supposed to ask if remote possibilities are possible? Again, what would you have said, Paul, if Trump was the first person to propose that we treat cancer patients by exposing them to - of all things - radiation? How crazy does that sound? Guess what? It works.
Old 04-24-2020, 02:36 PM   #71
PaulS

Quote:
"I think he truly meant what everyone thought he said"

Not if what you think he said, doesn't match what he said.

"Who is chicken - why do you constantly resort to angry insults?"

You. You are chicken, How am I a chicken. You constantly resort to childish insults - you angry pathetic punk.and you're a liar. Show me where I am a liar. You purposely pretend that he didn't say "is there a way". I'm not pretending he didn't say that. Asking if you can inject a disinfectant shows 0 intelligence. The fact that Trump used the phrase "is there a way", means he was asking if something is possible.

Are we not supposed to ask if remote possibilities are possible? Again, what would you have said, Paul, if Trump was the first person to propose that we treat cancer patients by exposing them to - of all things - radiation? How crazy does that sound? Guess what? It works.
Show me where I am a liar.
Old 04-24-2020, 02:42 PM   #72
Jim in CT

Quote:
Show me where I am a liar.
When you posted Trumps "quote", you left out the part where he said "is there a way..." You did that to make it seem like he said something that he didn't say. Because if you include that phrase, it makes it impossible to claim that he made a suggestion, instead of asking a question. That's what you did, and you accuse me of spin.

Lots of vaccines include ingredients that can be very harmful. Is this news to the Trump haters?

You also chose to dodge my question about cancer and radiation, because you know you can't provide a sane answer which doesn't annihilate your attempt to attack Trump here.

when your position is obliterated by asking such a simple and obvious question, isn't it maybe time for a new position?
Old 04-24-2020, 02:43 PM   #73
PaulS

Quote:
When you posted Trumps "quote", you left out the part where he said "is there a way..." You did that to make it seem like he said something that he didn't say. Because if you include that phrase, it makes it impossible to claim that he made a suggestion, instead of asking a question. That's what you did, and you accuse me of spin.

Lots of vaccines include ingredients that can be very harmful. Is this news to the Trump haters?
I showed the full quote when I quoted Pete's post. If I wanted to lie, I wouldn't have included it.

You angry pathetic punk.
Old 04-24-2020, 02:46 PM   #74
Sea Dangles

Quote:
Nice!

But HS only counts for some people.
Oh?
Please tell us who it does not count for.

PRO CHOICE REPUBLICAN
Old 04-24-2020, 02:47 PM   #75
PaulS

Quote:
Oh?
Please tell us who it does not count for.
The people who only have a HS degree and demonstrate their lack of intelligence here daily.
Old 04-24-2020, 02:49 PM   #76
Sea Dangles

Quote:

You also chose to dodge my question about cancer and radiation, because you know you can't provide a sane answer which doesn't annihilate your attempt to attack Trump here.

when your position is obliterated by asking such a simple and obvious question, isn't it maybe time for a new position?
Since Bitchslappedboy didn’t include the full quote (shocker) then he must not have said it.

PRO CHOICE REPUBLICAN
Old 04-24-2020, 02:53 PM   #77
Jim in CT

Quote:
I showed the full quote when I quoted Pete's post. If I wanted to lie, I wouldn't have included it.

You angry pathetic punk.
I just humiliated you. Why would I be angry.

Fir the third time, if radiation helps cancer patients, why is it stupid to ask if disinfectants (which kill the virus) could be made to help here? Why won't you answer that?

Here, I'll tee it up for you. Just fill in the blank.

The whole world knows that radiation is deadly, yet we also all know that it can be used to treat cancer patients. We also know that disinfectants kill covid-19. Despite this, I think it was stupid for Trump to ask if disinfectants could be made to help virus patients, because _________________.

Fill in the blank. Is that so hard?

Here is the answer...because my hatred for Trump supersedes everything else in my rational brain.
Old 04-24-2020, 02:56 PM   #78
Sea Dangles

Quote:
The people who only have a HS degree and demonstrate their lack of intelligence here daily.
This is fascinating.
You must be one of the intelligent folks as you have your intellect on full display. I may add that it is hard to keep up with this knowledge. I feel like I learned about you PaulS. My guess is people who love or loved you would be a bit ashamed of your snobbery but I find it refreshing to see the real PaulS.👄

PRO CHOICE REPUBLICAN
Old 04-24-2020, 03:07 PM   #79
PaulS

Quote:
I just humiliated you. Why would I be angry.BC you constantly resort to insults that is why you are an angry person. That is not the way I was raised, maybe you were. I think you humiliated yourself bc now even Trump is saying the statement is stupid bc it was sarcastic;

Fir the third time, if radiation helps cancer patients, why is it stupid to ask if disinfectants (which kill the virus) could be made to help here? Why won't you answer that?Bc you changed your response after I quote it. Isn't that correct? And since it is correct, you just lied again - you compulsive liar.

Here, I'll tee it up for you. Just fill in the blank.

The whole world knows that radiation is deadly, yet we also all know that it can be used to treat cancer patients. We also know that disinfectants kill covid-19. Despite this, I think it was stupid for Trump to ask if disinfectants could be made to help virus patients, because _________________.

Fill in the blank. Is that so hard?

Here is the answer...because my hatred for Trump supersedes everything else in my rational brain.
Even Trump isn't trying to defend the statement that you are trying to defend. He is saying it was sarcastic.
Old 04-24-2020, 03:10 PM   #80
Jim in CT

Quote:
Even Trump isn't trying to defend the statement that you are trying to defend. He is saying it was sarcastic.
He doesn't have to defend it. He asked if a chemical that kills the virus had any potential to help patients. It would be idiotic not to ask. He should have known to ask in private, because he should have known how dishonestly the maniacs would react to it.

"Bc you changed your response after I quote it. Isn't that correct?"

I don't know what that means. But I wish you'd answer the question.
Old 04-24-2020, 03:11 PM   #81
PaulS

Quote:
This is fascinating.
You must be one of the intelligent folks as you have your intellect on full display. I may add that it is hard to keep up with this knowledge. I feel like I learned about you PaulS. My guess is people who love or loved you would be a bit ashamed of your snobbery but I find it refreshing to see the real PaulS.��
Certainly smarter than you. Point out any of your posts here that demonstrate the smallest bit of intelligence. The type of person you are is on full display here. From talking about people's wives, their parents, making comments about the college people's kids go to. You have no bottom - you will continue to go lower and lower. There is no low for you.

Kevin asked you to stop with the insults and you basically spit in his face with your actions. It is a shame you have no respect for anyone.

I'm not a snob. I have no need to throw out anything about my cabana or the HS my son goes to.
Old 04-24-2020, 03:31 PM   #82
Sea Dangles

Don’t forget the oldest was an undergrad at The Wharton School.

You may not think of yourself as a snob. But you did just tell us that HS doesn’t count. This indicates you don’t even understand the meaning of the word.
Intelligent 🤡

Let me guess...math major.
Old 04-24-2020, 04:38 PM   #83
PaulS

Quote:
Don’t forget the oldest was an undergrad at The Wharton School.

You may not think of yourself as a snob. But you did just tell us that HS doesn’t count. No, that is not what I said. This indicates you don’t even understand the meaning of the word.
Intelligent ��You're lying bc that is not what I said. Clearly you lack the intelligence to understand what I said.

Let me guess...math major.
Here is the exact quote. "The people who only have a HS degree and demonstrate their lack of intelligence here daily."

Multiple majors.
Old 04-24-2020, 05:18 PM   #84
Sea Dangles

Quote:
2 degrees

HS doesn't count.
I will leave this here for those intelligent enough to comprehend it.
I won’t accuse you of lying.
Or use a red crayon
Perhaps you just misremembered.👍🏿

PRO CHOICE REPUBLICAN
Old 04-24-2020, 05:20 PM   #85
Sea Dangles

Quote:
Here is the exact quote. "The people who only have a HS degree and demonstrate their lack of intelligence here daily."

Multiple majors.
You gotta love the smart snobs.

PRO CHOICE REPUBLICAN
Old 04-24-2020, 05:25 PM   #86
wdmso

Quote:
What did he suggest, exactly? Did he suggest anything? Or did he ask if something was possible?

He asked a doctor, if there's any way that products that kill the virus, could be injected. He specifically said that these products "do a number on the lungs", and he said that's why we need to bring doctors into this.

Every single day, thousands of Americans are dying. If a product is known to kill the virus, what harm does it do, to ask a doctor if there's any way it could be used to help? You think that pursuing seemingly nonsensical ideas have never, in the history of mankind, led to helpful breakthroughs?

What would you have said to the first farmer who asked a doctor, "hey, if I take piles and piles and piles of animal feces, can I spread it in my garden on top of the vegetables i'm trying to grow, is that a good idea"? What would your answer have been? Or your answer to the first person who suggested taking a human heart out of one person, and putting it in another person? I had a gigantic kidney stone a few years ago, that they reduced by bombarding me with ultrasound waves. Who the hell thought of that?

What would you have said to the first oncologist who proposed treating cancer by exposing patients to radiation? How insane did that sound, until we discovered it worked?

We don't know what's possible, until we try.
What did he suggest are you serious ? Why would any competent adult suggest anything so outrageous
Let's put babies in the microwave because we dont know what's possible.... what do you think DR brix

No because normal humans know what will happen if you put a baby in a microwave wave so normal people dont suggest such thing But Trump that's different he can suggest anything stupid and you'll rationalize it away.
Old 04-24-2020, 05:37 PM   #87
The Dad Fisherman
Super Moderator

Quote:
What did he suggest are you serious ? Why would any competent adult suggest anything so outrageous
Let's put babies in the microwave because we dont know what's possible.... what do you think DR brix

No because normal humans know what will happen if you put a baby in a microwave wave so normal people dont suggest such thing But Trump that's different he can suggest anything stupid and you'll rationalize it away.

"If you're arguing with an idiot, make sure he isn't doing the same thing."
Old 04-24-2020, 05:37 PM   #88
scottw

Quote:
You gotta love the smart snobs.
very petty too
Old 04-24-2020, 05:40 PM   #89
Sea Dangles

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottw View Post
very petty too
He likes to show off
This might cure it

PRO CHOICE REPUBLICAN
Old 04-24-2020, 05:40 PM   #90
scottw

Quote:

When you posted Trumps "quote", you left out the part where he said "is there a way..."
caught a little of the news tonight...apparently there is a company that is experimenting with administering uv inside the lungs through the device when intubating a patient to treat something like this

trump is clearly smarter than these more highly educated leftists and not quite as whiny