Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

     

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Right Nav

Left Container Right Container
 

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 08-30-2021, 02:42 PM   #121
detbuch
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 6,939
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete F. View Post
Don’t you have a YouTube video for this?

Congress authorized US forces to go after 9/11 culprits in September 2001, Osama bin Laden the leader of the Saudis who attacked the USA was killed years ago. When did Congress vote to declare war on Afghanistan?

We have more to fear from the next Terry McVeigh or Floyd Ray Rosebury in this country than we do from ISIS or the Taliban.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
No doubt you have some long articles that are too much for trolls to read.
detbuch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2021, 04:07 PM   #122
wdmso
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Somerset MA
Posts: 6,017
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottw View Post
this is profound....

it's funny how the "question everything", everything is not "black and white" only shades of grey, there are "no absolutes", "resist resist", protest everything, occupy everything, mostly peacefully of course, don't tell ME what to do crowd... is now telling everyone to STFU and do what they are told....pretty amusing
No I am telling those Conservatives and the MAGA universe and republicans who love pounding the war Drum but they clearly change their tune when troops die .. for political hay. To Stfu and you can’t have it both ways
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
wdmso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2021, 04:50 PM   #123
Pete F.
Canceled
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: vt
Posts: 9,949
Quote:
Originally Posted by detbuch View Post
No doubt you have some long articles that are too much for trolls to read.
I’ll gladly oblige you, though the last government report doesn’t include the January 6th domestic terrorists.
Next year’s will.
Here’s the legal definition of domestic terrorism.

DT for the FBI’s purposes is referenced in US Code at 18 U.S.C. § 2331(5), and is defined as activities:
• Involving acts dangerous to human life that are a violation of the criminal laws of the United States or of any State;
• Appearing to be intended to:
o Intimidate or coerce a civilian population;
o Influence the policy of government by intimidation or coercion; or
o Affect the conduct of a government by mass destruction, assassination or
kidnapping; and
• Occurring primarily within the territorial jurisdiction of the United States.


https://www.dhs.gov/sites/default/fi...errorism_0.pdf
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

Rand Paul?: A Kentucky man has died in a car accident. He was wearing his seatbelt, which raises questions about their effectiveness — and whether the federal government has curtailed freedom too much. Patriots will resist seatbelt tyranny!

One important note, while some voters are frustrated with Biden, very few regretted their vote against Trump.
Pete F. is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2021, 05:19 PM   #124
detbuch
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 6,939
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete F. View Post
I’ll gladly oblige you,
I'm sure you're thrilled to get a chance to show off some newfound list of goodies . . . regardless of any connection to a thread. What on earth does the above post have to do with the disaster in Afghanistan? Jeez . . . you've got it bad.
detbuch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2021, 05:50 PM   #125
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits
iTrader: (0)
 
Got Stripers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: I live in a house, but my soul is at sea.
Posts: 7,247
The disaster is over, finally a president had the balls to end this war that should have ended a long time ago. My thoughts go our to our military families who have lost love ones in this war, let’s hope we finally learn something from this one; although history would suggest we aren’t capable of learning from our mistakes.
Got Stripers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2021, 08:09 PM   #126
Pete F.
Canceled
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: vt
Posts: 9,949
Quote:
Originally Posted by detbuch View Post
I'm sure you're thrilled to get a chance to show off some newfound list of goodies . . . regardless of any connection to a thread. What on earth does the above post have to do with the disaster in Afghanistan? Jeez . . . you've got it bad.
We have more to fear from the next Terry McVeigh or Floyd Ray Rosebury in this country than we do from ISIS or the Taliban.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

Rand Paul?: A Kentucky man has died in a car accident. He was wearing his seatbelt, which raises questions about their effectiveness — and whether the federal government has curtailed freedom too much. Patriots will resist seatbelt tyranny!

One important note, while some voters are frustrated with Biden, very few regretted their vote against Trump.
Pete F. is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2021, 08:29 PM   #127
detbuch
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 6,939
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete F. View Post
We have more to fear from the next Terry McVeigh or Floyd Ray Rosebury in this country than we do from ISIS or the Taliban.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
So then we can rest easy until the next Terry and Floyd show up.
detbuch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2021, 11:05 PM   #128
Pete F.
Canceled
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: vt
Posts: 9,949
Quote:
Originally Posted by detbuch View Post
So then we can rest easy until the next Terry and Floyd show up.
Ashli Babbitt was a domestic terrorist in a group of domestic terrorists attempting to storm the center of our legislative branch. The USCP are armed and tasked with protecting Congress. Actions have consequences.

I am glad that President Biden finally ended the 20-year, $2.3 trillion war in Afghanistan.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

Rand Paul?: A Kentucky man has died in a car accident. He was wearing his seatbelt, which raises questions about their effectiveness — and whether the federal government has curtailed freedom too much. Patriots will resist seatbelt tyranny!

One important note, while some voters are frustrated with Biden, very few regretted their vote against Trump.
Pete F. is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2021, 04:22 AM   #129
scottw
Registered User
iTrader: (0)
 
scottw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 10,691
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete F. View Post

Ashli Babbitt was a domestic terrorist .

The USCP are armed and tasked with protecting Congress. Actions have consequences.


Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
if she hadn't been shot....she would have been charged with trespassing

I think she was foolish for being there and I agree, do stupid stuff and bad things can happen and I apply that to everyone...not just those I disagree with politically

by your definition we should be rounding up a lot of domestic terrorists from last summer's festivities....

interesting that despite all of the violent and heavily armed insurrectionists storming the building and grounds that day...only one officer decided to fire a single bullet.....it was probably justified...I heard he saved countless lives according to him...not just where he was standing but throughout Washington including miles away where AOC was shaking in her knee-high boots fearing for her life

whenever a police officer shoots an armed or unarmed criminal or domestic terrorist we should probably remind everyone that the officer probably saved countless lives(including their own) and that "actions have consequences"
scottw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2021, 04:33 AM   #130
scottw
Registered User
iTrader: (0)
 
scottw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 10,691
Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post
No I am telling those Conservatives and the MAGA universe and republicans who love pounding the war Drum but they clearly change their tune when troops die .. for political hay. To Stfu and you can’t have it both ways
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

who loves pounding the war drum? I think you are confused..."MAGA universe" was all about getting us OUT of foreign conflicts...lot's of leftists criticizing this too as I've demonstrated but you just need someone to yell at Trump isn't president anymore..the guy with balls and no marbles is at the helm now
scottw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2021, 04:41 AM   #131
The Dad Fisherman
Super Moderator
iTrader: (0)
 
The Dad Fisherman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Georgetown MA
Posts: 17,586
Quote:
Originally Posted by Got Stripers View Post
The disaster is over,
At least you admit it was a disaster, that's a start.

"If you're arguing with an idiot, make sure he isn't doing the same thing."
The Dad Fisherman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2021, 04:57 AM   #132
scottw
Registered User
iTrader: (0)
 
scottw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 10,691
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dad Fisherman View Post
At least you admit it was a disaster, that's a start.
haha...no...the time leading up to biden's presidency was a disaster...biden's balls fixed everything...no worries going forward
scottw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2021, 06:02 AM   #133
Raider Ronnie
Registered User
iTrader: (0)
 
Raider Ronnie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: On my boat
Posts: 9,441
Send a message via AIM to Raider Ronnie
Quote:
Originally Posted by Got Stripers View Post
The disaster is over, finally a president had the balls to end this war that should have ended a long time ago. My thoughts go our to our military families who have lost love ones in this war, let’s hope we finally learn something from this one; although history would suggest we aren’t capable of learning from our mistakes.


Holy #^&#^&#^&#^&
“Finally a President with balls”
Biden doesn’t know what day it is or where he is most of the time.
The guy is mentally ill and nothing more than a puppet for Obama
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Raider Ronnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2021, 06:54 AM   #134
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits
iTrader: (0)
 
Got Stripers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: I live in a house, but my soul is at sea.
Posts: 7,247
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raider Ronnie View Post
Holy #^&#^&#^&#^&
“Finally a President with balls”
Biden doesn’t know what day it is or where he is most of the time.
The guy is mentally ill and nothing more than a puppet for Obama
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
As opposed to Trump who boasted how smart he was yet special needs children have a better grasp of the English language, geography and science. Time will tell, but he also might be not only the first “smart” president to be impeached twice and also convicted of crimes ruling out ever running again. Maybe Stone, Manifort, Rudy and Don the Con can start a club and lament over drinks how the evil left, of course corrupt prosecutors, oh wait and the Left owned media (insert Fox snicker here) conspired to take them down.
Got Stripers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2021, 07:25 AM   #135
Raider Ronnie
Registered User
iTrader: (0)
 
Raider Ronnie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: On my boat
Posts: 9,441
Send a message via AIM to Raider Ronnie
Quote:
Originally Posted by Got Stripers View Post
As opposed to Trump who boasted how smart he was yet special needs children have a better grasp of the English language, geography and science. Time will tell, but he also might be not only the first “smart” president to be impeached twice and also convicted of crimes ruling out ever running again. Maybe Stone, Manifort, Rudy and Don the Con can start a club and lament over drinks how the evil left, of course corrupt prosecutors, oh wait and the Left owned media (insert Fox snicker here) conspired to take them down.


Dude
You need help
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Raider Ronnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2021, 09:39 AM   #136
wdmso
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Somerset MA
Posts: 6,017
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottw View Post
who loves pounding the war drum? I think you are confused..."MAGA universe" was all about getting us OUT of foreign conflicts...lot's of leftists criticizing this too as I've demonstrated but you just need someone to yell at Trump isn't president anymore..the guy with balls and no marbles is at the helm now

Seem you don’t follow the MAGA universe

Trump: 'Bomb the hell out of' U.S. equipment left behind in Afghanistan
Look who beating his chest


What are all the Trump supporters going to say when they find out the bomber who killed our troops was 1 of the 5000 prisoners he Released?
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
wdmso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2021, 12:08 PM   #137
Pete F.
Canceled
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: vt
Posts: 9,949
Imagine if there were a major terrorist attack emanating from Saudi Arabia. It could be huge, and probably there would be no consequences to Saudi Arabia or the GOP.

9/11 was planned in Hamburg, Germany, Jakarta, Indonesia, and Las Vegas, Nevada. Funded with Saudi money. Flight training took place in USA. Not a single highjacker was an Afghan citizen.


Rand Paul?: A Kentucky man has died in a car accident. He was wearing his seatbelt, which raises questions about their effectiveness — and whether the federal government has curtailed freedom too much. Patriots will resist seatbelt tyranny!

One important note, while some voters are frustrated with Biden, very few regretted their vote against Trump.
Pete F. is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2021, 12:13 PM   #138
Jim in CT
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 15,546
so it’s “balls-y” to pull out while 100+ Americans are still there, a few days after explicitly promising not to leave until they were all out. That takes balls?

And Trump is a war hawk because he doesn’t want to leave weapons in the hands of the Taliban.

That’s some infallible logic.

This week, he also clearly called a black congressman “boy”, and said out loud that he needs instructions on which Pre-selected, softball-lobbing reporter he’s supposed to call on first.

On the other hand, we did get tens of thousands of people out quickly and that’s a real, true feat. But Biden completely failed to keep his promise, and huge mistakes were made, i cannnot begin to imagine the reasoning for abandoning an easily defended military airfield in exchange for an impossible-to-defend civilian one.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

Last edited by Jim in CT; 08-31-2021 at 12:32 PM..
Jim in CT is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2021, 12:29 PM   #139
scottw
Registered User
iTrader: (0)
 
scottw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 10,691
Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post

Seem you don’t follow the MAGA universe


Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
not nearly as closely as you...keep up the good work
scottw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2021, 12:30 PM   #140
scottw
Registered User
iTrader: (0)
 
scottw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 10,691
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raider Ronnie View Post
Dude
You need help
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
I've been telling him and pete to get a session or two with a shrink....
scottw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2021, 12:33 PM   #141
Jim in CT
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 15,546
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottw View Post
not nearly as closely as you...keep up the good work
come on, you’re saying trump didn’t promise to get us into a bunch of wars? that’s what he obviously heard on CNN, so it has to be true.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Jim in CT is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2021, 01:06 PM   #142
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits
iTrader: (0)
 
Got Stripers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: I live in a house, but my soul is at sea.
Posts: 7,247
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dad Fisherman View Post
At least you admit it was a disaster, that's a start.
It was a rolling disaster right after we failed to leave after the initial mission was completed and if you think any administration would avoid a similar disaster knowing the situation as we do now your kidding yourself. Shades of a disaster is all that would vary.
Got Stripers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2021, 01:11 PM   #143
Raider Ronnie
Registered User
iTrader: (0)
 
Raider Ronnie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: On my boat
Posts: 9,441
Send a message via AIM to Raider Ronnie
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottw View Post
I've been telling him and pete to get a session or two with a shrink....
Yup
2 nut jobs that hate a guy so much that they sill support a senile old guy who doesn’t know what day it is and spends all his time in his basement.
I’ll stick with the guy who donated all his paychecks to charities instead of a guy who wants to donate our paychecks to his charity
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Raider Ronnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2021, 01:53 PM   #144
Pete F.
Canceled
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: vt
Posts: 9,949
Wonder who set this up....

Remember that three weeks ago the RNC still had on their page claims that Trump had eliminated ISIS and Biden was for endless wars.

https://web.archive.org/web/20210615...ddle-east-rsr/


Rand Paul?: A Kentucky man has died in a car accident. He was wearing his seatbelt, which raises questions about their effectiveness — and whether the federal government has curtailed freedom too much. Patriots will resist seatbelt tyranny!

One important note, while some voters are frustrated with Biden, very few regretted their vote against Trump.
Pete F. is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2021, 01:55 PM   #145
PaulS
Registered User
iTrader: (0)
 
PaulS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 8,999
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raider Ronnie View Post
Yup
2 nut jobs that hate a guy so much that they sill support a senile old guy who doesn’t know what day it is and spends all his time in his basement. Do you know he has a speech impediment?
I’ll stick with the guy who donated all his paychecks to charities while he was making more money charging the US Govern. for use of his properites.instead of a guy who wants to donate our paychecks to his charity
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
You do know he got in trouble for ripping his charities off and was fined millions

One 2nd thought I doubt you knew that.
PaulS is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2021, 02:13 PM   #146
PaulS
Registered User
iTrader: (0)
 
PaulS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 8,999
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottw View Post
if she hadn't been shot....she would have been charged with trespassing
Not if they had video of her trying to get through the broken glass on the door.
PaulS is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2021, 02:44 PM   #147
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits
iTrader: (0)
 
Got Stripers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: I live in a house, but my soul is at sea.
Posts: 7,247
Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulS View Post
You do know he got in trouble for ripping his charities off and was fined millions

One 2nd thought I doubt you knew that.
No he doesn’t, gets his talking points from Fox News, probably still believes the big lie. The irony which allludes him is that his stable genus cost the republicans more than just the White House. Nor does he understand I personally have voted more republican tickets over my life, but this party right now is out there and living in some alternative reality.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Got Stripers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2021, 03:00 PM   #148
Jim in CT
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 15,546
Quote:
Originally Posted by Got Stripers View Post
No he doesn’t, gets his talking points from Fox News, probably still believes the big lie. The irony which allludes him is that his stable genus cost the republicans more than just the White House. Nor does he understand I personally have voted more republican tickets over my life, but this party right now is out there and living in some alternative reality.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
besides the white house, what did trump cost us? is the gop just a fringe party now?

the democrats have a thin majority in the house, the senate is tied, the gop has 27 governorships and the gop controls 61 of 98 state legislative chambers.

So what did trump cost the gop?

Who is living in an alternate reality, exactly? Might be the guy who thinks Biden is balls-y.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Jim in CT is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2021, 03:14 PM   #149
Pete F.
Canceled
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: vt
Posts: 9,949
NYT finally interviewed swing districts voters about Afghanistan and found almost universal agreement: "After a two-decade war, President Biden was right to pull American troops out of Afghanistan."


And today's speech is pretty much what I expected from Biden. Not charismatic, like Obama. Not chest-thumping, like Trump.

Just simple. He said this was what he was going to do and he did it. He'll accept the fallout. The great majority of Americans will pay just as much attention to the end of the war as they did to the last twenty years, in other words, not very much.

Rand Paul?: A Kentucky man has died in a car accident. He was wearing his seatbelt, which raises questions about their effectiveness — and whether the federal government has curtailed freedom too much. Patriots will resist seatbelt tyranny!

One important note, while some voters are frustrated with Biden, very few regretted their vote against Trump.
Pete F. is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2021, 03:20 PM   #150
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits
iTrader: (0)
 
Got Stripers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: I live in a house, but my soul is at sea.
Posts: 7,247
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
besides the white house, what did trump cost us? is the gop just a fringe party now?

the democrats have a thin majority in the house, the senate is tied, the gop has 27 governorships and the gop controls 61 of 98 state legislative chambers.

So what did trump cost the gop?

Who is living in an alternate reality, exactly? Might be the guy who thinks Biden is balls-y.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Wait for the mid terms and we can revisit
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Got Stripers is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:02 PM.


Powered by vBulletin. Copyright ©2000 - 2008, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Please use all necessary and proper safety precautions. STAY SAFE Striper Talk Forums
Copyright 1998-20012 Striped-Bass.com