Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 10-25-2012, 06:23 PM   #1
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by basswipe View Post
If you believe that a child conceived by rape is god's will you are a fvcking lunatic plane and simple.

Well with the "god's will" mentality anything is now acceptable.All the pain,destruction and stupidity that happens everyday must be god's will!Sh!t that splinter I got today at work must be god's will.

God's will is the pussy's way out of making a real decision.If my wife or child were raped and conception occurred no child would ever be born as the result.....NOT EVER.
Basswipe, what if you were conceived via rape? Would you rather be aborted, or brought into the world?

The 'Gods will' argument doesn't mean that anything immoral is acceptable. It just implies that things happen for a reason, even though that reason often isn't clear in the here and now. That's where 'faith' comes in. The fact that events are God's will doesn't mean that we don't have free will, and it doesn't mean that certain things are wrong.

This post says as much about you as Murdoch's statement says about him.
Old 10-25-2012, 07:15 PM   #2
spence

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
It just implies that things happen for a reason, even though that reason often isn't clear in the here and now. That's where 'faith' comes in.
This is just as completely demented as the original remarks.

-spence
Old 10-25-2012, 07:28 PM   #3
detbuch

Quote:
Originally Posted by spence View Post

-spence
And what higher authority do you have to pronounce someone elses words as demented without demonstrating why, and why your remark isn't?
Old 10-25-2012, 08:43 PM   #4
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by spence View Post

-spence
Spence, you subscribe to a political philosophy that claims that a mass murderer has the right to live, but not an unborn baby. As such, I am not surprised that you cannot comprehend my view that all human life, refardless of the circumstances of conception, is a precious, unique, irreplacable gift from God.

If someone like you thinks I'm 'demented', that's the most sure way I can think of, to know that I'm in the right.
Old 10-27-2012, 06:41 AM   #5
basswipe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
Basswipe, what if you were conceived via rape? Would you rather be aborted, or brought into the world?

The 'Gods will' argument doesn't mean that anything immoral is acceptable. It just implies that things happen for a reason, even though that reason often isn't clear in the here and now. That's where 'faith' comes in. The fact that events are God's will doesn't mean that we don't have free will, and it doesn't mean that certain things are wrong.

This post says as much about you as Murdoch's statement says about him.
Yes I would rather be aborted.

As to the rest of your post it is completely meaningless to me as I have no "faith" and I do not believe in god,I'm a realist.

And I don't really care what my statement says about me in your mind.
Old 10-27-2012, 07:21 AM   #6
Nebe

Quote:
Originally Posted by basswipe View Post
Yes I would rather be aborted.

As to the rest of your post it is completely meaningless to me as I have no "faith" and I do not believe in god,I'm a realist.

And I don't really care what my statement says about me in your mind.
Couldn't agree more with you.

My take on this is the child should have a "chance". And by chance, I mean the mother should always under any circumstance have the option to chose weather she has a child or not.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device