Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 12-01-2017, 07:19 AM   #1
Sea Dangles

Senate President Rosenburg

So now this guys husband is getting investigated for groping guys against their will.

Then we have the transgender who is suing for access to girls locker room in high school...

Finally the verdict in the Steinle killing out in The disgraceful sanctuary city of San Francisco where a woman is shot in the back and killed while taking a walk with her father.

So remind me again how this Country decided to elect a a moron like Trump who seems cast from the Flintstones. Do you think it is because the direction we were heading,with the liberal snowflakes poisoning our future, was a one way track to self destruction?

PRO CHOICE REPUBLICAN
Old 12-01-2017, 07:40 AM   #2
JohnR
Certifiable Intertidal Anguiologist

I haven't been following the Steinle murder as much as I probably should, but even if it was accidental why no involuntary manslaughter?

As to the politics - if he were not here illegally she would not have died that evening. Fact, full stop.

Don't know about the other two you have there but surprise meter did not budge.

We are doomed with or without Trump

~Fix the Bait~ ~Pogies Forever~

Striped Bass Fishing - All Stripers

Kobayashi Maru Election - there is no way to win.

Apocalypse is Coming:
Old 12-01-2017, 07:54 AM   #3
scottw

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnR View Post
I haven't been following the Steinle murder as much as I probably should, but even if it was accidental why no involuntary manslaughter?

As to the politics - if he were not here illegally she would not have died that evening. Fact, full stop.
"Garcia Zarate had been released from the San Francisco jail about three months before the shooting, despite a request by federal immigration authorities to detain him for deportation.

He had been deported five times and was wanted for a sixth deportation."

Old 12-01-2017, 07:57 AM   #4
afterhours
Afterhours Custom Plugs

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottw View Post
"Garcia Zarate had been released from the San Francisco jail about three months before the shooting, despite a request by federal immigration authorities to detain him for deportation.

says it all. she was a victim of their sop.

www.afterhoursplugs.com

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Afterh...428173?created

Instagram - afterhourscustom

Official S-B.com Sponsor

GAMEFISH NOW

"A GAMEFISH (WHICH STRIPED BASS SHOULD BE) IS TOO VALUABLE TO BE CAUGHT ONLY ONCE"...LEE WULFF
Old 12-01-2017, 08:20 AM   #5
Slipknot
Super Moderator

Quote:

Don't know about the other two you have there but surprise meter did not budge.

We are doomed with or without Trump
There is no such thing as an accidental discharge (unless of course you are a law enforcement officer ) only negligent discharges.
His defense was easily able to convince the liberal jury that it was an accident, probably because they blame the gun and it was a ricochet.
I call bull on that crap

Not finding at least manslaughter is OUTRAGEOUS never mind involuntary
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

The United States Constitution does not exist to grant you rights; those rights are inherent within you. Rather it exists to frame a limited government so that those natural rights can be exercised freely.

1984 was a warning, not a guidebook!

It's time more people spoke up with the truth. Every time we let a leftist lie go uncorrected, the commies get stronger.
Old 12-01-2017, 08:23 AM   #6
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sea Dangles View Post
So now this guys husband is getting investigated for groping guys against their will.

Then we have the transgender who is suing for access to girls locker room in high school...

Finally the verdict in the Steinle killing out in The disgraceful sanctuary city of San Francisco where a woman is shot in the back and killed while taking a walk with her father.

So remind me again how this Country decided to elect a a moron like Trump who seems cast from the Flintstones. Do you think it is because the direction we were heading,with the liberal snowflakes poisoning our future, was a one way track to self destruction?
Trumps ascension was an exact consequence of what you describe, plus, the way the media treated the last two GOP candidates, both decent men. If the liberals/media choose to do nothing but sling mud, eventually the other side is going to nominate someone who can beat them at that game. Say hello to Mr Trump.

"the direction we were heading,with the liberal snowflakes poisoning our future"

I’m so old, I can remember when elementary schools handed out chocolate milk instead of condoms. And I remember it not being controversial to assume that if you have a wee-wee, you go in the men’s room.

Gee our old LaSalle ran great. Those were the days!

Last edited by Jim in CT; 12-01-2017 at 10:16 AM..
Old 12-01-2017, 08:36 AM   #7
nightfighter
Seldom Seen

Thanks Chris. I needed that reminder. And just another reminder of what groups are clearly in control in the halls of our state legislature and AG's office. So wrong...

“Americans have the right and advantage of being armed, unlike the people of other countries, whose leaders are afraid to trust them with arms.” – James Madison.
Old 12-01-2017, 10:13 AM   #8
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottw View Post

In liberalworld, it's now fashionable to defy ICE, it's a badge of honor, kind of like teenagers who think it's cool to defy their parents. Leading to similar bad outcomes.
Old 12-01-2017, 11:22 AM   #9
Jim in CT

Quote:
Or, if San Francisco didn't deliberately defy ICE and let this guy go after being asked to hold him, she would also still be alive.

But remember, it's conservatives who are waging war on women.
Old 12-01-2017, 11:51 AM   #10
Jim in CT

ICE: Hello San Francisco law enforcement, you have a guy in your jail on a drug charge, he has been deported 5 times, can you please hold him when you are done, so we can deport him again for coming illegally and committing crimes?

San Francisco authorities: no, we're going to let him go, so nyah-nyah-nyah-nyah-nyah.

He kills a girl in broad daylight, in a public pier. And this does ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to make anyone on the San Francisco town council reconsider theit sanctuary position, not even for a second. Not for a second.

A mental disorder. It's a mental disorder.

And it's not unique to liberalism, I have conservative friends who are as thoughtless when it comes to gun control.

The fanatics need to take off their tinfoil hats for two seconds, take a deep breath, and think.
Old 12-01-2017, 01:55 PM   #11
zimmy

Quote:
Because of the way the law is written. It wasn't his gun, there is video evidence someone else put it there. They decided that it was likely that he picked up the gun, it went off and ricocheted and hit her. Under the law it is negligent, but not reckless so it does not meet the level needed for involuntary manslaughter. All the immigration status stuff is irrelevant to this decision.

No, no, no. we’re 30… 30, three zero.
Old 12-01-2017, 02:22 PM   #12
Slipknot
Super Moderator

guilty of neglect, but not involuntary manslaughter, I see
that makes it clear

Common sense makes the status relevant, if ICE was able to deport him a 6th time, he would not have been on that pier picking up a loaded handgun whether he knew what it was or not. Here is a lesson, don't pick up anything that does not belong to you.
Old 12-01-2017, 02:33 PM   #13
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by zimmy View Post
Because of the way the law is written. It wasn't his gun, there is video evidence someone else put it there. They decided that it was likely that he picked up the gun, it went off and ricocheted and hit her. Under the law it is negligent, but not reckless so it does not meet the level needed for involuntary manslaughter. All the immigration status stuff is irrelevant to this decision.
A horrible chain of events. Going to give Trump some capital in his push for immigration reform, and for good reason IMO...
Old 12-01-2017, 02:36 PM   #14
spence

I don't understand using the word snowflake in this context. It's really childish.
Old 12-01-2017, 02:37 PM   #15
scottw

sooooo...the guy with the rap sheet below just 'happened" to discover a loaded semi-automatic handgun under a chair and it accidentally went off unfortunately killing an innocent woman....quite a coincidence huh?#$@?

Garcia Zarate. We know that he is from Guanajuato, which is located in central Mexico. His age is different depending on which report you go by. When he was arrested, the police listed Garcia Zarate’s age as 45, but his jail records list it at 51. He is an illegal immigrant and while there are no records to show when he first came to the United States, it appears that he arrived before 1991, as his first criminal charges were laid against him in that year.

Criminal Record

While it is unknown what Garcia Zarate’s criminal record is in Mexico, we do know that he’s got a long criminal record in the United States. He had seven felony convictions, and was deported five times. Most of his arrests and convictions revolve around drugs. In 1991, he was convicted of drug charges in Arizona. In 1993, he was convicted three times in Washington state for heroin possession and manufacturing narcotics. This was followed by another narcotics conviction and his first deportation from Oregon in 1994. Two years later, Garcia Zarate faced yet another drug conviction and his second deportation in Washington state. In February 1998, he was caught illegally crossing the border in Arizona, and six days later trying again to make it across the border. This time, he was arrested for the illegal crossing, spent time in prison and sent back to Mexico in 2003. In 2009, Garcia Zarate was caught trying to cross the border again, this time in Texas, and was again deported.
Garcia Zarate was arrested in San Francisco on drug charges, but they were dropped. Despite being asked to hold him for immigration officials as there were no outstanding warrants for him, Garcia Zarate was released.
Old 12-01-2017, 02:53 PM   #16
zimmy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slipknot View Post
guilty of neglect, but not involuntary manslaughter, I see that makes it clear. Suppose it was a 20 year woman who came across the gun, picked it up, it misfires, etc. I think the reason the law is written as it is would be clearer for many people.

Common sense makes the status relevant (not to the charges he was facing), if ICE was able to deport him a 6th time, he would not have been on that pier picking up a loaded handgun whether he knew what it was or not. Here is a lesson, don't pick up anything that does not belong to you.It was a crime to pick up the gun and he was convicted of that crime- possessing a weapon.

No, no, no. we’re 30… 30, three zero.
Old 12-01-2017, 03:21 PM   #17
scottw

Quote:
Originally Posted by zimmy View Post

Suppose it was a 20 year woman who came across the gun, picked it up, it misfires, etc.
I'm not an expert but don't you have to pull the trigger for a gun to fire or misfire ?.....I thought "misfire" meant you pulled the trigger and nothing came out
Old 12-01-2017, 05:13 PM   #18
Sea Dangles

Quote:
Originally Posted by spence View Post
I don't understand using the word snowflake in this context. It's really childish.
You are correct Jeff,I confess to be guilty as charged. I hope the context didn't distract you from the message. Let me know if I can help or provide a safe space for you.

PRO CHOICE REPUBLICAN
Old 12-01-2017, 06:35 PM   #19
wdmso

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slipknot View Post
guilty of neglect, but not involuntary manslaughter, I see
that makes it clear

Common sense makes the status relevant, if ICE was able to deport him a 6th time, he would not have been on that pier picking up a loaded handgun whether he knew what it was or not. Here is a lesson, don't pick up anything that does not belong to you.

Ice could have got him they chose not to.. and wanted some one else to spend their resources .. on watching him thats the rub
Old 12-01-2017, 07:58 PM   #20
Slipknot
Super Moderator

Well then that sucks
Old 12-01-2017, 08:13 PM   #21
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post
Ice could have got him they chose not to.. and wanted some one else to spend their resources .. on watching him thats the rub
Is it easier to get him when he's already in custody, or when he's out in public? Which is safer?

We get it man. liberal=good, conservative=bad...
Old 12-01-2017, 08:35 PM   #22
Raider Ronnie

Send a message via AIM to Raider Ronnie
Quote:
Originally Posted by spence View Post

Would you prefer we call you a #^&#^&#^&#^&ing pussy ???
Old 12-02-2017, 10:48 AM   #23
spence

Why do most of RR's posts remind me of Deliverance? Maybe is the boat theme.