Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 06-23-2020, 08:21 PM   #151
scottw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete F. View Post
He said today when asked if his testing comment was a joke “I never kid”
But in Bizzaro world I assume that means he’s always kidding.
I get it, his script was exchanged with a comic book from the 60s
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
pete, since things are so bad for trump at this point, you can probably treat yourself and take a week or two off....you've worked very hard every day for nearly 4 years and it's finally paying off...you deserve it!
Old 06-23-2020, 08:58 PM   #152
Sea Dangles

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulS View Post
Kevin said he doesn't like personal insults so you're going to get yelled at. You better edit it.
What would be the point?

PRO CHOICE REPUBLICAN
Old 06-23-2020, 09:00 PM   #153
Sea Dangles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Got Stripers View Post
Thank Charlie Baker your guy had nothing to do with this states results.
OK ❄️

I forgot he is ONLY accountable for deaths in your TDS handbook.🤡

PRO CHOICE REPUBLICAN
Old 06-23-2020, 09:42 PM   #154
detbuch

Quote:
He said today when asked if his testing comment was a joke “I never kid”
But in Bizzaro world I assume that means he’s always kidding.
I get it, his script was exchanged with a comic book from the 60s
He jokes a lot. He even said that his remark in question was semi-tongue in cheek. And he has also said that he did not actually tell his staff to slow the testing. So, obviously, his "I never kid," if it referred to his rally remark, was that there was a serious point being made with his semi-tongue in cheek schtick about asking his staff to slow the testing.

The point being made is that media would not give him what he considered proper credit for the massive testing his administration was doing--and his sarcasm (or semi-tongue in cheek) was a way of sarcastically pointing out that we were doing exactly what he would not get credit for.

So in the brief interview where he said he never kids, he took the rare opportunity to use the media, rather than just tweets, to pound on the fact that we are doing a lot of testing--which is exactly what he did by brushing aside the question about his remark and jumping directly and heavily into telling the people about the success that he would not otherwise get credit for in the media that wanted to waste time on an obvious "joke." He would never kid about something that serious and important, but would use sarcasm to illustrate what was not being reported.

It would be incredulous to believe he would seriously broadcast to the nation that he had asked his staff to slow down the testing. That would easily be proved to be true if it were true. He knew that it would easily be proved not to be true. It was obviously some kind of attempt to humorously point out to his rally crowd, and to those watching on some form of internet media or traditional media, how much testing we were really doing in spite of the narrative that he lacked on testing--so much testing that he had to ask his staff to slow it down, chuckle, chuckle
Old 06-24-2020, 04:56 AM   #155
Pete F.
Canceled

Just keep believing in the Con man
History will find the truth
Old 06-24-2020, 05:06 AM   #156
scottw

Quote:
Just keep believing in the Con man
History will find the truth
just keep obsessing
Old 06-24-2020, 05:16 AM   #157
Pete F.
Canceled

Speaking of obsession, have you listened to the con man you consistently defend?
Old 06-24-2020, 06:01 AM   #158
scottw

Quote:
Speaking of obsession, have you listened to the con man you consistently defend?
when did I defend him?
Old 06-24-2020, 06:05 AM   #159
scottw

oh...here's one....

Originally Posted by Got Stripers

My metaphors were perfect regardless of your opinion

very trumplike....
Old 06-24-2020, 07:38 AM   #160
PaulS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sea Dangles View Post
Take it from an expert on lying
Either tell me why I am a liar or this will show why I think you are a scum bag and the most vile person here.

JohnR asks you repeatedly to stop the insults but you spit in his face which shows everyone what type of person you are.
Old 06-24-2020, 09:24 AM   #161
JohnR
Certifiable Intertidal Anguiologist

I do not have time to go thorough EVERY post and every thread as I work my ass off with the job that PAYS the bills.

Dangles: ZERO use of the ANY variation of tard unless it is specific to the technical aspect of advance of something mechanical, like timing. This includes the substitution of "technical aspect of advance of something mechanical, like timing" into a political or mental sense. No circumventing. Got it?

That goes for everyone else, too. An arena of ideas, not insults please.

Everyone dial it the eff back.

~Fix the Bait~ ~Pogies Forever~

Striped Bass Fishing - All Stripers

Kobayashi Maru Election - there is no way to win.

Apocalypse is Coming:
Old 06-24-2020, 10:30 AM   #162
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
Originally Posted by detbuch View Post
He jokes a lot. He even said that his remark in question was semi-tongue in cheek. And he has also said that he did not actually tell his staff to slow the testing. So, obviously, his "I never kid," if it referred to his rally remark, was that there was a serious point being made with his semi-tongue in cheek schtick about asking his staff to slow the testing.

The point being made is that media would not give him what he considered proper credit for the massive testing his administration was doing--and his sarcasm (or semi-tongue in cheek) was a way of sarcastically pointing out that we were doing exactly what he would not get credit for.

So in the brief interview where he said he never kids, he took the rare opportunity to use the media, rather than just tweets, to pound on the fact that we are doing a lot of testing--which is exactly what he did by brushing aside the question about his remark and jumping directly and heavily into telling the people about the success that he would not otherwise get credit for in the media that wanted to waste time on an obvious "joke." He would never kid about something that serious and important, but would use sarcasm to illustrate what was not being reported.

It would be incredulous to believe he would seriously broadcast to the nation that he had asked his staff to slow down the testing. That would easily be proved to be true if it were true. He knew that it would easily be proved not to be true. It was obviously some kind of attempt to humorously point out to his rally crowd, and to those watching on some form of internet media or traditional media, how much testing we were really doing in spite of the narrative that he lacked on testing--so much testing that he had to ask his staff to slow it down, chuckle, chuckle
Unfortunately Tweety's claim to have done the most testing in the world is like his saying it depends on which per capita you are using.
Testing is not just how many you test or what you want the results to be, but needs to be part of a comprehensive testing, tracing and control regimen.
The current positivity rate for testing in the US nationwide is over 5% and while that is good, one should note as someone did on here that what is more important is where specific localities are with positivity results.
In Arizona it is over 20%, way over the recommended level to implement social distancing, but they had a rally there
In Florida it is over 13% and rising, rally is coming
Twenty other states have rates over 5%
Alabama, Arizona, Arkansas, Florida, Georgia, North Carolina and Texas have increases in both new cases and positivity rates.
The first wave is not over, never mind the possibility of a second wave in the fall.
All that has happened so far is that the states that were affected early and implemented measures to control are doing better, states that were not in the initial hit are doing worse and simultaneously removing control requirements.

I have understood you to say previously that we should not expect the president to be a leader, I disagree but have seen that in any case he is incapable of performing that function.

He's not even a good standup comedian.

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Niles: You have met “people”, haven’t you?

Lets Go Darwin
Old 06-24-2020, 11:30 AM   #163
Sea Dangles

Quote:
Either tell me why I am a liar or this will show why I think you are a scum bag and the most vile person here.

JohnR asks you repeatedly to stop the insults but you spit in his face which shows everyone what type of person you are.
I simply said you are an expert on the subject. Calm down little fella.

PRO CHOICE REPUBLICAN
Old 06-24-2020, 11:31 AM   #164
Sea Dangles

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnR View Post
I do not have time to go thorough EVERY post and every thread as I work my ass off with the job that PAYS the bills.

Dangles: ZERO use of the ANY variation of tard unless it is specific to the technical aspect of advance of something mechanical, like timing. This includes the substitution of "technical aspect of advance of something mechanical, like timing" into a political or mental sense. No circumventing. Got it?

That goes for everyone else, too. An arena of ideas, not insults please.

Everyone dial it the eff back.
I am going to blame spellcheck for this oversight.

PRO CHOICE REPUBLICAN
Old 06-24-2020, 01:17 PM   #165
PaulS

Quote:
I simply said you are an expert on the subject. Calm down little fella.
So why am I an expert on lying?

Read what I said about you and tell me why I am wrong.

You can't help yourself.
Old 06-24-2020, 01:48 PM   #166
Sea Dangles

Quote:
So why am I an expert on lying?

Read what I said about you and tell me why I am wrong.

You can't help yourself.
Remember the thread where you lied about Trump?..

But you said you didn’t lie

But I proved you wrong

And you still wouldn’t admit it regardless

Then you splained that your lie was just an error on your part so it didn’t count as a lie

You know lots about lying...expert like

PRO CHOICE REPUBLICAN
Old 06-24-2020, 01:51 PM   #167
PaulS

Quote:
Remember the thread where you lied about Trump?..

But you said you didn’t lie

But I proved you wrong

And you still wouldn’t admit it regardless

Then you splained that your lie was just an error on your part so it didn’t count as a lie

You know lots about lying...expert like
Haven't we discussed this 2 times before - I said Trump said the virus would magically disappear. He said mysteriously. I told you previously it isn't a big deal.

And for that you call me a liar. It just shows what type of person you are. See my post above about what type of person I think you are.

You just continue to spit in the face of Kevin and John as you have no respect for anyone.
Old 06-24-2020, 02:09 PM   #168
Sea Dangles

It wouldn’t be a big deal if you came clean,my thin amigo.

Obviously you have an opinion about what exactly compromises a lie.
This makes you an expert
No insult, just a compliment!
Old 06-24-2020, 02:20 PM   #169
PaulS

Quote:
It wouldn’t be a big deal if you came clean,my thin amigo.

Obviously you have an opinion about what exactly compromises a lie.
This makes you an expert
No insult, just a compliment!
Come clean with what? I said it was a mistake 2 times before.

You just want to call me a liar and don't care what John and Kevin have said. Like I said earlier, you just spit in their face my fat amigo.
Old 06-24-2020, 03:13 PM   #170
Sea Dangles

Quote:
Come clean with what? I said it was a mistake 2 times before.

You just want to call me a liar and don't care what John and Kevin have said. Like I said earlier, you just spit in their face my fat amigo.
Thank you for wiping it off

PRO CHOICE REPUBLICAN
Old 06-24-2020, 03:19 PM   #171
PaulS

Quote:
You're a vile person.
Old 06-24-2020, 03:56 PM   #172
spence

Quote:
Originally Posted by detbuch View Post

He's either intentionally or unintentionally sewing confusion because it's a topic that is hurting his reelection. That makes him either evil or incompetent. This isn't that complicated.
Old 06-24-2020, 04:06 PM   #173
detbuch

Quote:
Originally Posted by spence View Post
He's either intentionally or unintentionally sewing confusion because it's a topic that is hurting his reelection. That makes him either evil or incompetent. This isn't that complicated.
For something that you say isn't complicated, you complicate it with various possibilities--while predictably leaving out other possibilities which would be more accurate than yours. But, understandably, for you it isn't complicated. You basically have the same basic possibility for all things--Orange Man Bad.
Old 06-24-2020, 04:09 PM   #174
detbuch

Quote:
He's not even a good standup comedian.
Wow . . . the scope of your expertise keeps expanding. You're almost as good as Professor Irwin Corey.

Last edited by detbuch; 06-24-2020 at 08:39 PM..
Old 06-24-2020, 05:43 PM   #175
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

Well the US is back to the peak April levels, but hey let’s stop funding for pop up testing, let’s suggest if we didn’t test these numbers wouldn’t look that bad. Get the rally’s going sans masks, let evolution take its natural course, get those states open we need to crank up the economy. Those that we sacrifice due to our collective stupidity will have died for a good cause.

On a side note, if it wasn’t clear to anyone Barr is a criminal, today’s testimony pretty much answered that question. He should have looked at what happened to other AG’s in history prior to accepting the job of Trump’s personal fixer.
Old 06-24-2020, 06:14 PM   #176
JohnR
Certifiable Intertidal Anguiologist

Quote:

Chris - you really need to lighten up.

~Fix the Bait~ ~Pogies Forever~

Striped Bass Fishing - All Stripers

Kobayashi Maru Election - there is no way to win.

Apocalypse is Coming:
Old 06-24-2020, 07:31 PM   #177
scottw

Quote:

On a side note, if it wasn’t clear to anyone Barr is a criminal

he has great courage...a true patriot
Old 06-24-2020, 07:45 PM   #178
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottw View Post
he has great courage...a true patriot
I’m sure Nixon thought the same about Mitchell🤣
Old 06-24-2020, 07:54 PM   #179
Sea Dangles

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnR View Post
Chris - you really need to lighten up.
I dont suffer fools lightly
But lightening up is a good start

Last edited by Sea Dangles; 06-24-2020 at 08:16 PM..

PRO CHOICE REPUBLICAN
Old 06-24-2020, 08:26 PM   #180
detbuch

Quote:
Well the US is back to the peak April levels, but hey let’s stop funding for pop up testing, let’s suggest if we didn’t test these numbers wouldn’t look that bad. Get the rally’s going sans masks, let evolution take its natural course, get those states open we need to crank up the economy. Those that we sacrifice due to our collective stupidity will have died for a good cause.
From The Hill:

The Trump administration is not abandoning federally funded coronavirus testing sites, the administration's COVID-19 testing "czar" said Wednesday.

Adm. Brett Giroir, the assistant secretary for the Department of Health and Human Services, said that even though the government will stop directly funding 13 community-based coronavirus testing sites, the amount of testing will not decrease, and the sites should not lose resources.

"We are not withdrawing support," Giroir said. "We are providing federal support in a different way."

Giroir said the sites, which are located in Texas, Illinois, New Jersey, Colorado and Pennsylvania, will be supported by the $11 billion Congress allocated for testing and contact tracing, just like hundreds of other sites across the country.

"We have worked carefully to make sure that [the 13 sites] could sunset without losing any services to any people," Giroir said.

Giroir said those 13 sites will remain open and will be operated by the states. He said governors were aware of the plan to transition to state control, which had been in place since April . . .

Giroir said there has never been an intention to decrease testing, and governors know that.

"Let me say definitively that we are moving to increase testing. Both the number, the quantity and the targeting on social vulnerability, and we will continue to do that" Giroir said.

The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) established 41 community-based testing sites in coronavirus hot spots across the country in March, but the program has evolved since those initial sites opened, and now only 13 are remaining.

Those sites are now outdated, Giroir said. They were narrowly focused and operated when supplies were much more limited.

Giroir said there are now more than 600 testing sites in 48 states, operating under a federal program that will reimburse retail pharmacies for providing tests.