Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 03-31-2012, 05:58 PM   #1
spence

Trayvon

Interesting no thread on this so far.

-spence
Old 04-01-2012, 05:32 AM   #2
BigFish
BigFish Bait Co.

Send a message via AIM to BigFish
OK I'll bite! For one it happened a full month before it even made the news??? Odd??? Second.....this case is so diluted with "he said, she said"...Father of shooter making comments that are obviously second or more likely third hand accounts....seems to me the Sanford Police have screwed this case all to hell! Third this is plain and simple just a platform used by Jesse Jackson, Al Sharpton and the NAACP to fill their spare time and give their vocal cords a workout!!! The only ones who have mentioned a race issue in this case are the biggest racists that walk the planet today.....Sharpton and Jackson! Nobody close to the case mentioned race as a contributing factor....it never became an issue until these racist ass-clowns got up on their pulpit and spoke the words!!!!! Cases where a black man gets shot by a white man always seem to be cases of race......yet when a white man is killed by a black man its always just plain violence...never racial.....why is that???? Comical! Personally.....this is just a circus and I am glad it is near Orlando where it belongs right near DisneyWorld........I also could not care less at this point but if I did and I had an opinion....the only shread of evidence that is credible that I can see is the phone call from Zimmerman stating he is following someone who looks like they "are up to no good" and the Police tell him not to do that.....and he does anyway???? Given the outcome I think Zimmerman provoked the outcome and at the very least should be arrested and slapped with a manslaughter charge. If he was not out there playing security guard.....this probably would never have happened!

Almost time to get our fish on!!!
Old 04-01-2012, 05:44 AM   #3
iamskippy

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigFish View Post
OK I'll bite! For one it happened a full month before it even made the news??? Odd??? Second.....this case is so diluted with "he said, she said"...Father of shooter making comments that are obviously second or more likely third hand accounts....seems to me the Sanford Police have screwed this case all to hell! Third this is plain and simple just a platform used by Jesse Jackson, Al Sharpton and the NAACP to fill their spare time and give their vocal cords a workout!!! The only ones who have mentioned a race issue in this case are the biggest racists that walk the planet today.....Sharpton and Jackson! Nobody close to the case mentioned race as a contributing factor....it never became an issue until these racist ass-clowns got up on their pulpit and spoke the words!!!!! Cases where a black man gets shot by a white man always seem to be cases of race......yet when a white man is killed by a black man its always just plain violence...never racial.....why is that???? Comical! Personally.....this is just a circus and I am glad it is near Orlando where it belongs right near DisneyWorld........I also could not care less at this point but if I did and I had an opinion....the only shread of evidence that is credible that I can see is the phone call from Zimmerman stating he is following someone who looks like they "are up to no good" and the Police tell him not to do that.....and he does anyway???? Given the outcome I think Zimmerman provoked the outcome and at the very least should be arrested and slapped with a manslaughter charge. If he was not out there playing security guard.....this probably would never have happened!
Hmmmm by all means go on good sir.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Old 04-01-2012, 07:28 AM   #4
Sea Dangles

Media spurred and jaded account of the entire ordeal. Every picture shown is a photo three years old. Security wanna be looking for trouble,he found it.Ghetto martyr for the clowns the black community calls leaders.

PRO CHOICE REPUBLICAN
Old 04-01-2012, 08:59 AM   #5
BigFish
BigFish Bait Co.

I agree Chris....little do the Martins know its not for them......the "Powers that be" are using their son's death to further their own racist agenda!!

Old 04-01-2012, 09:12 AM   #6
Raider Ronnie

Send a message via AIM to Raider Ronnie
I guess gang members & thugs don't wear hoodies & dark glasses !

LETS GO BRANDON
Old 04-01-2012, 09:26 AM   #7
JohnR
Certifiable Intertidal Anguiologist

I wish Mega Millions was tonight because in a rare lunar alignment I agree with both Larry and Dangles at the same time.

The media has gone beyond their job (not in a good way). They brought light to this where it was needed and this at least deserves another look deeply into the facts to make sure justice was not missed. If Zimmerman and this case did not get the full inspection that it deserves, it certainly should. The Facts. They investigated and helped bring to light a possible injustice. The law should be color blind and the media too. But the media has since joined the ranks of the race baiters like Sharpton and now are doing a disservice to Trayvon.

Guys like Sharpton need events like this to survive and drive the point home of White -v- Black. This is their money gig. Their self licking Ice Cream Cone. Their industry of Racism, Inc.

Unfortunately, we should NOT be hearing from the President on this "If I had a son he would look like Trayvon" comment. He started off so well, stating this was a local matter and that he should not comment, and that he was glad the state of FL was investigating more. And then he pours fuel on the fire. Good election material for firing up people.

What we need is a just the facts mam Joe Friday investigation. No race, no opinion, just the facts.

Sadly we are not as far along as a country as I'd hoped. No Black Americans, no white Americans, just Americans. We ain't there yet.

~Fix the Bait~ ~Pogies Forever~

Striped Bass Fishing - All Stripers

Kobayashi Maru Election - there is no way to win.

Apocalypse is Coming:
Old 04-01-2012, 10:30 AM   #8
BigFish
BigFish Bait Co.

I agree John....just "Americans"! Jackson and Sharpton try to act as though they are against racism but the fact is they are just against racism against black Americans! They do exist just for times like these and they never make things better.....they are nothing but divisive users who exploit situations like these and turn them into a "black vs. white" thing!!! I would like 30 seconds with these 2 morons to point out who the racists are....its Jackson and Sharpton!!

Old 04-01-2012, 11:17 AM   #9
Sea Dangles

Then you have the black panther gangstas putting a bounty out and the real criminals come to light....

PRO CHOICE REPUBLICAN
Old 04-01-2012, 11:29 AM   #10
zimmy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sea Dangles View Post
Then you have the black panther gangstas putting a bounty out and the real criminals come to light....
"the real criminals?" They are criminals, yes, but the real criminals implies that the guy who follows and shoots an unarmed kid is not a criminal. That isn't what you meant, is it?

No, no, no. we’re 30… 30, three zero.
Old 04-01-2012, 11:53 AM   #11
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by zimmy View Post
"the real criminals?" They are criminals, yes, but the real criminals implies that the guy who follows and shoots an unarmed kid is not a criminal. That isn't what you meant, is it?
Zimmy, you liberals crack me up. You all still have egg dripping on your faces from the Duke lacrosse case. Remember that? In the immediate aftermath of that accusation, all the liberals were crucifying the accused lacrosse players, the NAACP established a college scholarship fund for the victim (who turned out to be a murderer). Do ANY liberals remember how that turned out?

Despite recent empirical evidence showing how stupid it is to jump to conclusions, all of the same liberal hucksters are now saying the exact same things about this case. Earth to liberals...they are investigating. A special state prosecutor has been assigned, and the Justice Dept is looking into federal violations. If Zimmerman broke the law, he'll answer for that. But how about we let the pro's determine which, if any, laws were actually broken here. There is a presumption of innocence in this country, and that applies even when the deceased happens to be black.
Old 04-01-2012, 11:53 AM   #12
buckman

Quote:
Originally Posted by zimmy View Post
So you must know this as fact. Please tell us how.
Old 04-01-2012, 11:56 AM   #13
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckman View Post
So you must know this as fact. Please tell us how.
Here's how he knows this as fact...because it supports his liberal narrative, and that's good enough for most liberals...Why quibble over trivial details, such as what actually happened for example? Details, shmetails...
Old 04-01-2012, 12:25 PM   #14
PaulS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
you liberals crack me up. .
And you classless teabagging conservatives crack me up. Ruin another thread.
Old 04-01-2012, 12:54 PM   #15
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulS View Post
And you classless teabagging conservatives crack me up. Ruin another thread.
Paul, what did I say that's not true, exactly? Anything?

In the immediate aftermath of the Duke lacrosse case, before anyone knew what happened, the accused lacrosse players were excoriated by liberals in the media. They all looked very stupid when the truth came out, and the important lesson to be learned was not to convict the accused before the facts are known.

A few years later, we have this horrible situation in FL. The liberals are doing the exact same thing (the media nitwits, in addition to professional agitators like Sharpton). They have learned nothing from their ambarassing performance in the Duke lacrosse case. Zimmy implied that Zimmerman is a real criminal. Unless Zimmy knows something about this case that the media hasn't released yet, it's premature to conclude that...

I'm deeply sorry if my pointing out the irrefutable truth about the bias and incompetence of liberals in these cases, and their stubborn, inexplicable refusal to learn from their embarassing mistakes, has ruined this thread for you.
Old 04-01-2012, 05:01 PM   #16
afterhours
Afterhours Custom Plugs

sadly only 2 people know what really happened and one's not coming down for breakfast.......

www.afterhoursplugs.com

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Afterh...428173?created

Instagram - afterhourscustom

Official S-B.com Sponsor

GAMEFISH NOW

"A GAMEFISH (WHICH STRIPED BASS SHOULD BE) IS TOO VALUABLE TO BE CAUGHT ONLY ONCE"...LEE WULFF
Old 04-01-2012, 05:12 PM   #17
likwid
lobster = striper bait

Send a message via AIM to likwid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raider Ronnie View Post
I guess gang members & thugs don't wear hoodies & dark glasses !

http://cnninsession.files.wordpress....olicreport.pdf
Homicide
Negligent Manslaughter
Unnecessary killing to prevent unlawful act

Yeah he's going to jail.

Ski Quicks Hole
Old 04-01-2012, 07:43 PM   #18
JohnR
Certifiable Intertidal Anguiologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by likwid View Post

When I was a young punk I wore a hoodie too, doesn't mean all hoodies are punks or all punks wear hoodies.

Quote:
Originally Posted by likwid View Post
http://cnninsession.files.wordpress....olicreport.pdf
Homicide
Negligent Manslaughter
Unnecessary killing to prevent unlawful act

Yeah he's going to jail.
And if the facts determined by proper authorities support an arrest by the police or a grand jury - let them arrest Zimmerman and let the legal process work.

~Fix the Bait~ ~Pogies Forever~

Striped Bass Fishing - All Stripers

Kobayashi Maru Election - there is no way to win.

Apocalypse is Coming:
Old 04-01-2012, 07:59 PM   #19
Backbeach Jake

That's kinda my Spring and Fall fishing uniform. "But officer he was carrying a huge stick and a filet knife so I shot him".

He that would make his own liberty secure, must guard even his enemy from oppression; for if he violates this duty, he establishes a precedent that will reach to himself.
Thomas Paine
Old 04-01-2012, 08:39 PM   #20
BigFish
BigFish Bait Co.

I often carry Skittles when I fish!

Old 04-01-2012, 09:55 PM   #21
BigBo

Who wears a hoodie in Fla. on an 80+ degree night? With the the hood up?

The future ain't what it used to be. --Yogi Berra
Old 04-01-2012, 10:10 PM   #22
Piscator

didn't realize they still had "neighborhood watches" these days. If this was a black guy shooting a black guy, white guy shooting white guy etc, we wouldnt be talking about it. What bothers me more is that young mother that was killed/raped in Vermont with her 2 year old sitting in the care. That poor kid has no mother and she was trying to help someone. Why isn't that the top news story? Because Al Sharpton and Jessie Jackson (2 biggest racists in the history of the world) are media hores and turning this into their gain. It's a shame someone dies and those to clowns stick there face in the camera as much as they can.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Old 04-02-2012, 07:04 AM   #23
PaulS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
Paul, what did I say that's not true, exactly? Anything?
It is the constant lumping together of everyone into the same group b/c you hate liberals. B/c you think you can make a connections, you constantly do it. It didn't ruin the thread for me. It just shows how much hate you seem to have inside you.

Would it be any different if I posted a picture of a tea party member holding a racist sign, said Jim acknowledges he is a tea party member, and said therefore Jim is racist. That is exactly what you constantly do.
Old 04-02-2012, 07:09 AM   #24
PaulS

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigFish View Post
Americans"! Jackson and Sharpton try to act as though they are against racism but the fact is they are just against racism against black Americans! They do exist just for times like these and they never make things better.....they are nothing but divisive users who exploit situations like these and turn them into a "black vs. white" thing!!! I would like 30 seconds with these 2 morons to point out who the racists are....its Jackson and Sharpton!!
Funny, w/o those 2 you wouldn't have heard about it. While they do make jack asses of themselves at times, they do bring light to some racist acts. According to the FBI, with like 12.5% of the pop, blacks are targets of like 70% of all racial hate crime in the US. I'm sure that if those 2 stopped discussing racism, you'd step up though.
Old 04-02-2012, 07:37 AM   #25
The Dad Fisherman
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulS View Post
Funny, w/o those 2 you wouldn't have heard about it. While they do make jack asses of themselves at times, they do bring light to some racist acts. According to the FBI, with like 12.5% of the pop, blacks are targets of like 70% of all racial hate crime in the US. I'm sure that if those 2 stopped discussing racism, you'd step up though.
It's one thing to step up when it IS racism....its another thing to always "step up" and make it about race.

That is what those 2 guys always seem to do.

What they do is dilute what is actually the problem with racism in the country by always "Crying Wolf" every chance they get.

Sometimes you actually lost your job because you're lazy...not because your black

Sometimes the Man actually got the promotion because he's the better choice...not because you are a women.

if people stopped claiming it everytime something doesn't go their way....maybe it might finally get fixed....

"If you're arguing with an idiot, make sure he isn't doing the same thing."
Old 04-02-2012, 08:18 AM   #26
buckman

Very interesting column....

Trayvon Martin case exposes worst in media | The Cutline - Yahoo! News

"NBC told the Washington Post that it has launched an internal investigation of the "Today" show's editorial process after its morning show aired an edited conversation between George Zimmerman and a 911 dispatcher recorded moments before the shooting. The investigation came after Fox News and others pointed out that the network spliced two parts of the call together, making it appear as if Zimmerman had said, "This guy looks like he's up to no good. He looks black." In reality, Zimmerman was answering a dispatcher's question:

Zimmerman: This guy looks like he's up to no good. Or he's on drugs or something. It's raining and he's just walking around, looking about.

Dispatcher: OK, and this guy--is he black, white or Hispanic?

Zimmerman: He looks black."

Damn that Fox news!!!

Allot of our problems are brought on by the media. It works both ways, less we forget the Charles Stewart case.
The media is not about the truth!!!!

Last edited by buckman; 04-02-2012 at 08:28 AM..
Old 04-02-2012, 08:38 AM   #27
RIJIMMY
sick of bluefish

the reason this topic was not previously brought up here because its not politics. But if you look at responses from politicians, guess which one is trying to make this political, which one is pointing fingers? I'll let PaulS answer.......

making s-b.com a kinder, gentler place for all
Old 04-02-2012, 08:47 AM   #28
PaulS

Quote:
Originally Posted by RIJIMMY View Post
the reason this topic was not previously brought up here because its not politics. But if you look at responses from politicians, guess which one is trying to make this political, which one is pointing fingers? I'll let PaulS answer.......
Looks to me like Bigfish tried to make it political here. If you mean Sharpton/Jackson (are they politicians?), I could care less what they say. I usually ignore the article or the news cast.
Old 04-02-2012, 09:34 AM   #29
spence

All that and nobody has bothered to mention the most basic and important aspect of this case.

-spence
Old 04-02-2012, 09:44 AM   #30
buckman

Quote:
Originally Posted by spence View Post
All that and nobody has bothered to mention the most basic and important aspect of this case.

-spence
His Mom looking to make money off it??