Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 10-26-2020, 05:47 PM   #1
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Got Stripers View Post
Your Trump successes are from a certain point of view, If he is so good, so successful at positive changes (I’m not in agreement on much), your guy should be winning this election by huge margins. Oh wait he was such a failure at handling this pandemic and continues the irresponsible messaging responsible for putting more Americans at risk, I guess it would seem the American voting public might not see this administration as a success. The irony is that if he wasn’t so fu*cking stupid at handling this pandemic he might have actually easily won a second term. Please don’t fall back on your staple travel ban argument, it just makes you look stupid and desperate.
"Your Trump successes are from a certain point of view"

That's how it usually works, yes. But since a record 56% of pople say they are better off now than 4 years ago (that's a record who said yes to that), it seems that I'm not exactly the only one who feels that way. We can evaluate him as we see fit and vote accordingly, as it should be. I was responding to your inane comment that Republicans shouldn't be supporting him because of his manners. If you agree with the republican platform, you have to give the guy at least a B+. Adding to the debt is a big, big negative.

Is it only a certain point of view that would say he routed ISIS?

"your guy should be winning this election by huge margins. "

If the election was a year ago, he probably would have.

"he was such a failure at handling this pandemic"

That's the non-stop spin. I don't happen to buy into it being all his fault, but I'm guessing a lot of people believe it is his fault, and he gets creamed as a result. That's my guess.

"The irony is that if he wasn’t so fu*cking stupid at handling this pandemic he might have actually easily won a second term. Please don’t fall back on your staple travel ban argument, it just makes you look stupid and desperate"

I'm not stupid or desperate. I'm smart and more than prepared for him to lose big. You guys are the ones that can't concede ANYTHING that goes against your agenda, which obviously makes you the desperate ones.

What should he have done, back in December, based on what we knew then. What were the democrats calling for?

You're misrepresenting my stance on the travel ban. I'm not saying it helped or it didn't. WHat I'm saying, because its tue, is that when he implemented the ban, prominent democrats said it was an overreaction. Biden called it "hysterical" and "xenophobic". This means that Biden would have done LESS, not more.

Since that's obviously true (Biden would have done less), how would anyone conclude the death toll would be lower if Biden was POTUS? I'm asking a sincere question. Will you answer it as I asked it?

Also, if he could tone down the tweets and baby rhetoric, he'd also be looking at a likely second term. But he can't, he just can't refrain from being such a jerk.

But his results, from a republican view, were really good.
Old 10-26-2020, 05:54 PM   #2
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
"Your Trump successes are from a certain point of view"

That's how it usually works, yes. But since a record 56% of pople say they are better off now than 4 years ago (that's a record who said yes to that), it seems that I'm not exactly the only one who feels that way. We can evaluate him as we see fit and vote accordingly, as it should be. I was responding to your inane comment that Republicans shouldn't be supporting him because of his manners. If you agree with the republican platform, you have to give the guy at least a B+. Adding to the debt is a big, big negative.

Is it only a certain point of view that would say he routed ISIS?

"your guy should be winning this election by huge margins. "

If the election was a year ago, he probably would have.

"he was such a failure at handling this pandemic"

That's the non-stop spin. I don't happen to buy into it being all his fault, but I'm guessing a lot of people believe it is his fault, and he gets creamed as a result. That's my guess.

"The irony is that if he wasn’t so fu*cking stupid at handling this pandemic he might have actually easily won a second term. Please don’t fall back on your staple travel ban argument, it just makes you look stupid and desperate"

I'm not stupid or desperate. I'm smart and more than prepared for him to lose big. You guys are the ones that can't concede ANYTHING that goes against your agenda, which obviously makes you the desperate ones.

What should he have done, back in December, based on what we knew then. What were the democrats calling for?

You're misrepresenting my stance on the travel ban. I'm not saying it helped or it didn't. WHat I'm saying, because its tue, is that when he implemented the ban, prominent democrats said it was an overreaction. Biden called it "hysterical" and "xenophobic". This means that Biden would have done LESS, not more.

Since that's obviously true (Biden would have done less), how would anyone conclude the death toll would be lower if Biden was POTUS? I'm asking a sincere question. Will you answer it as I asked it?

Also, if he could tone down the tweets and baby rhetoric, he'd also be looking at a likely second term. But he can't, he just can't refrain from being such a jerk.

But his results, from a republican view, were really good.
I knew you couldn’t resist going back to the travel ban, so predictable it’s just to fun to wind you up. Hey go poll those same people today and all the small business owners who have closed their doors, I know they won’t feel they are now better off.
Old 10-26-2020, 07:40 PM   #3
Jim in CT

Quote:
I knew you couldn’t resist going back to the travel ban, so predictable it’s just to fun to wind you up. Hey go poll those same people today and all the small business owners who have closed their doors, I know they won’t feel they are now better off.
i’m going back to democrats insisting that the feds didn’t need to do anything. i’m going back to biden saying it was a hysterical overreaction.

that happened. i’m sorry if you have no response whatsoever to that fact. but that’s the fact, the democrats said it was no big deal in january february.

GS: trump blew it with the virus.

Jim: what should he have done differently?

GS: you’re a jerk!

that’s all you got. how can you say he blew it, when you can’t tell
me what he should have done differently? this is like a sitcom.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Old 10-26-2020, 07:50 PM   #4
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

Quote:
i’m going back to democrats insisting that the feds didn’t need to do anything. i’m going back to biden saying it was a hysterical overreaction.

that happened. i’m sorry if you have no response whatsoever to that fact. but that’s the fact, the democrats said it was no big deal in january february.

GS: trump blew it with the virus.

Jim: what should he have done differently?

GS: you’re a jerk!

that’s all you got. how can you say he blew it, when you can’t tell
me what he should have done differently? this is like a sitcom.
Trump continues to do exactly what the medical experts say you shouldn’t, he can’t even keep the White House safe, Moscow Mitch being the old fart that he is has avoided it like the plague. The messaging from the top from the beginning has been irresponsible Jim, but you are beyond drunk on the cool aid you are blind to the damage they continue to do. Asking him tough questions in the 60 minute interview shows how thin his skin is, he took his ball and went home. He is a miserable excuse for a leader, hoping it’s no longer our issue in a few weeks.
Old 10-26-2020, 08:06 PM   #5
Jim in CT

Quote:
Trump continues to do exactly what the medical experts say you shouldn’t, he can’t even keep the White House safe, Moscow Mitch being the old fart that he is has avoided it like the plague. The messaging from the top from the beginning has been irresponsible Jim, but you are beyond drunk on the cool aid you are blind to the damage they continue to do. Asking him tough questions in the 60 minute interview shows how thin his skin is, he took his ball and went home. He is a miserable excuse for a leader, hoping it’s no longer our issue in a few weeks.
also, trump refused to
condemn white supremacists at charlottesville, right?
Old 10-26-2020, 08:07 PM   #6
Jim in CT

Quote:
GS: he blew handling the virus.

Jim: what should he have done different?

GS: beats me! but cnn and msnbc said he blew it.
Old 10-26-2020, 08:22 PM   #7
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

Quote:
GS: he blew handling the virus.

Jim: what should he have done different?

GS: beats me! but cnn and msnbc said he blew it.
GS: watch me make Jim spin like a top, pull the travel ban string and he goes and goes

Jim: what did Trump do wrong

GS: plenty of days left I will need time like trying to remember the 20,000 plus lies
Old 10-27-2020, 06:41 AM   #8
Jim in CT

Quote:
GS: watch me make Jim spin like a top, pull the travel ban string and he goes and goes

Jim: what did Trump do wrong

GS: plenty of days left I will need time like trying to remember the 20,000 plus lies
i don’t give trump good grades on handling the virus, nor do i give him a bad grade, i feel very unknowledgeable. but if i was saying he blew it, i’d be able to articulate why. you couldn’t. so you’ll go to the places pete gets his news and steal a few arguments. but what matters, is that you claimed he blew it, but had zero idea why. and you refuse to criticize biden, who said trump did too much.