Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Sports Talk - Title Town

Sports Talk - Title Town Sports Talk - Our Home for the 2004/2007 World Champion Red Sox, Super Bowl XXXVI, XXXVIII, XXXIX Champion Patriots! SEVENTEEN TIME NBA Champion Boston Celtics, 2011 winners of Lord Stanley's Cup Boston Bruins!!!

Old 01-13-2021, 07:35 AM   #1
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

Brady vs Brees

Since we have no Patriots playoff action, which just makes perfect sense at the end of 2020, it’s nice to see our guy taking the bucs into the playoffs. It’s also fitting his road to another super bowl ring matches him up against another old QB and one also in that discussion of who the best QB of all time is. Going to be a fun game to watch and even though I like the Saints, I’m routing for our guy.
Got Stripers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2021, 04:04 PM   #2
fishsmith
DDG-51

It hurts watching Brady do what he does in another uniform, but I’m rooting for him since he brought us 6 rings. That said, N’Orleans has had their way with Brady’s Bucs this year.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
fishsmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2021, 05:28 AM   #3
Rmarsh

It should be a great game...I'm rooting for Tom...I think we owe him a debt of gratitude for all the success he brought to NE.
Rmarsh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2021, 09:43 AM   #4
bloocrab
Callinectes sapidus

I don't think I could ever cheer for him out loud... I feel like fishsmith, hurts to watch him with another jersey on., but hey, that's my problem.
I don't wish him harm, but I can't say I wish him any luck either...being a tenured Patriot for so long, I'll always have mixed feelings about the move to another team, regardless of why, I know I'm just being selfish.

Should be a great game none-the-less...but I won't be routing for nor against him. The few Tampa games I have watched didn't leave me with a "happy-go-lucky" feeling... guessing I'll only get over it after he retires.

......it finally happened, there are no more secret spots
bloocrab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2021, 12:51 PM   #5
redlite

Quote:
Originally Posted by bloocrab View Post
I don't think I could ever cheer for him out loud... I feel like fishsmith, hurts to watch him with another jersey on., but hey, that's my problem.
I don't wish him harm, but I can't say I wish him any luck either...being a tenured Patriot for so long, I'll always have mixed feelings about the move to another team, regardless of why, I know I'm just being selfish.

Should be a great game none-the-less...but I won't be routing for nor against him. The few Tampa games I have watched didn't leave me with a "happy-go-lucky" feeling... guessing I'll only get over it after he retires.
My sentiments exactly. As always well translated emotions
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
redlite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2021, 02:24 AM   #6
bloocrab
Callinectes sapidus

Whenever I think of Buffalo and the Superbowl, I'm instantly reminded of them going home empty-handed 4 times in a row , with that being said, after watching them Trump the Ravens tonight, I'll be routing for Buffalo the rest of the way...I honestly feel, that not only do they deserve it for how they played this season, but the Franchise deserves this one too.... Go Bills!!!

After the Chiefs give the Browns the consolation tootsie roll tomorrow, Tampa will hand the Saints an "L" to shine up.... leading to an interesting dilemma?? Who would I rather the Buccs lose to.......KC or Buffalo? (cuz down deep, I really don't want Brady getting a ring with another team....sorry, but I had to say it Mike,, ,,thinking I'm not alone with how I feel, but perfectly comfortable if I am.)

Spoiler: All this goes out the window when GreenBay goes to Disney, .......................one player at a time due to Social Distancing.

Last edited by bloocrab; 01-17-2021 at 02:31 AM..

Old 01-18-2021, 07:29 AM   #7
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

Saints beat themselves, you can’t turn it over that many times and win in the playoffs.
Got Stripers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2021, 07:53 PM   #8
bloocrab
Callinectes sapidus

LaFleur made a huge mistake kicking that field goal...that was the time to go for it. Within 10 yds, about 2 minutes to go??? He's thinking they had 3 time-outs + the 2 minute warning and all they needed was a stop...against Brady?? c'mon.... I know it's easy to say, after you know the outcome...but I would've went for it...
Still can't say I was happy for Brady...again, selfish...but I can't lie about it.
Being that I never liked Mahomes demeanor, I don't think I'll be routing for either team...guessing I'm just routing for the right score at each quarter to hopefully win a square in one of the many pools I'm in?? Wow, almost feels like the 90's Patriot teams...lol, still loved them during the Grogan/Eason era, I just wasn't gambling on them yet...

Old 02-07-2021, 10:01 PM   #9
bloocrab
Callinectes sapidus

Congratulations to both the Tampa Bay Buccaneers as well as the Greatest Of All Time, Tom Brady...
Well played game by Tampa.... KC just couldn't get it going, defensive pressure from TB was just too much, that with too many penalties...
Still, can't take anything away from TB, they played a great game.