Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 01-20-2019, 08:41 PM   #1
Jim in CT

media not having a great weekend

all the outlets broke a story that a bunch of white kids from a catholic school, wearing MAGA hats at the
march for life rally, were hassling a Native American.

the full video showed a very, very different story. amazing. the
media has chugged the spiked kool aid.

like the duke lacrosse case. it was too good to pass up. white, christian kids wearing trump
hats at a pro life rally, smearing them is too juicy to be concerned with the truth.
Old 01-20-2019, 11:12 PM   #2
Slipknot
Super Moderator

Didn’t stopped the social justice warriors from doxxing the kid

Pathetic really
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Old 01-21-2019, 07:22 AM   #3
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slipknot View Post
Didn’t stopped the social justice warriors from doxxing the kid

Pathetic really
right. throw a few innocent american kids under the
bus for the sake of advancing The Narrative.

when you compare the initial reports to the unedited video, you gat a sense of what a terrifying spot we’re in, where the media will distort anything to protect liberalism. the kid in the middle, doesn’t look like he moved a muscle
or spoke a syllable, and the guy was banging kid drum and howling like a hyena three inches from his face, THAT is tolerance. but the kid was portrayed as a bigot.
Old 01-21-2019, 07:34 AM   #4
Jim in CT

the kid in the middle, Sandmann, handles it better than you could ask a high school kid to handle that. and it was initially reported that he gotnin the native americans face, when it was the opposite. truth no
longer matters, only the narrative.

and anyone getting their news from CNN or NBC will
learn as much truth as if i watched Sean Hannity. this is where we are. it’s sad.
Old 01-21-2019, 08:12 AM   #5
wdmso

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
right. throw a few innocent american kids under the
bus for the sake of advancing The Narrative.

when you compare the initial reports to the unedited video, you gat a sense of what a terrifying spot we’re in, where the media will distort anything to protect liberalism. the kid in the middle, doesn’t look like he moved a muscle
or spoke a syllable, and the guy was banging kid drum and howling like a hyena three inches from his face, THAT is tolerance. but the kid was portrayed as a bigot.
You live in an alternate universe

A new video shows a different side of the encounter between a Native American elder and teens in MAGA hats that's the head line from the media ... (cnn) you say will distort anything to protect liberalism.

Quote the kid in the middle, doesn’t look like he moved a muscle... and you don't see this as an issue a group of kids with seeming with no adult supervision involved in a confrontation
For we'll over an hour returning from participate in the March for Life rally Trump hats and all .. somehow they are just innocent bystanders .

Phillips told CNN's Sara Sidner. "I don't like the word 'hate.' I don't like even saying it, but it was hate unbridled. It was like a storm."

There are more question then answers but I'll go with the oldman''s take on the whole event
Old 01-21-2019, 08:18 AM   #6
Sea Dangles

Of course you will....you believed the Ford accusation against Kavanaugh too. Stick to the snowflake handbook and truth be damned.
Old 01-21-2019, 08:48 AM   #7
spence

A Native American elder singing a prayer is “howling like a hyena”

I didn’t think you had it in you Jim. That’s repulsive.
Old 01-21-2019, 08:53 AM   #8
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post
You live in an alternate universe

A new video shows a different side of the encounter between a Native American elder and teens in MAGA hats that's the head line from the media ... (cnn) you say will distort anything to protect liberalism.

Quote the kid in the middle, doesn’t look like he moved a muscle... and you don't see this as an issue a group of kids with seeming with no adult supervision involved in a confrontation
For we'll over an hour returning from participate in the March for Life rally Trump hats and all .. somehow they are just innocent bystanders .

Phillips told CNN's Sara Sidner. "I don't like the word 'hate.' I don't like even saying it, but it was hate unbridled. It was like a storm."

There are more question then answers but I'll go with the oldman''s take on the whole event
that was the second headline. the first headline, was that the kids confronted the man. you
missed the point, which was how misleading the original reporting was. like trump ordering cohen to
lie, they loved the implication so ran with it, without bothering to see if it happened that way.
Old 01-21-2019, 08:53 AM   #9
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by spence View Post

I didn’t think you had it in you Jim. That’s repulsive.
three inches from the face of a kid who was minding his own business? does native american culture require you to be that close to someone who didn’t ask for it? don’t believe so.
Old 01-21-2019, 09:04 AM   #10
Nebe

All of you guys are wrong. The video I saw showed a mob of immature high school jocks surround about 5 black people and they were chanting their school football chant or something. Then the Indians came over and tried to diffuse the situation.

Everyone is going to see what they want to see in this video and the most sad thing about it is how divided this country is.
Fascism is alive and thriving in this country.

You want to win and get ahead? Ignore it and love your neighbor. Be kind. Help those less fortunate than you.
Old 01-21-2019, 09:04 AM   #11
scottw

Quote:

he was being really obnoxious....he could sing his prayer and beat his drum anywhere...he chose to do it inches from a teenage kid's face...you sound so foolish Spence
Old 01-21-2019, 09:06 AM   #12
scottw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nebe View Post

. The video I saw showed a mob of immature high school jocks surround about 5 black people and they were chanting their school football chant or something. Then the Indians came over and tried to diffuse the situation.

this is pretty funny
Old 01-21-2019, 09:42 AM   #13
Jim in CT

spence that was a
pretty obnoxious way for
me to put that, you’re
right. but it was a confrontation. obviously.

nebe, when the video shows is adults confronting kids, then the kids say they asked their teachers if they could
do the school spirit chant to drown out the adults who were chanting that the kids were racists.

adults confronting kids. because tolerance.
Old 01-21-2019, 09:58 AM   #14
Sea Dangles

Somebody got off the reservation
Old 01-21-2019, 10:29 AM   #15
Jim in CT

initial reports were thatbthe white kids surrounded the
native american, and thatbthe kid in the center stared him down.

nebe, it’s outrageous. the
media crucified this kid to advance The Narrative. the whole
vudeonis t subject to interpretation. this guy confronted the kids, not the other way around.
Old 01-21-2019, 10:30 AM   #16
Jim in CT

how about the women’s anti-jew march? how
much coverage did that get? nothing screams women’s solidarity, like
good ol’ fashioned jew bashing.

Old 01-21-2019, 10:33 AM   #17
Jim in CT

spence, this native american hero told the washington post that the kids surrounded him and that he was just looking to finish his prayer and get out of there. and by jiminy, that was good enough for the washington post.
Old 01-21-2019, 10:36 AM   #18
Jim in CT

the native american portrayed as the victim, called the kids “beastly”, that’s the word he used. even conservative media outlets like the national review ran with it and blew it.

we need to slow down and get the facts. ask the duke lacrosse players why facts matter.

https://www.foxnews.com/opinion/covi...ect-an-apology
Old 01-21-2019, 10:44 AM   #19
spence

Quote:
how about the women’s anti-jew march? how
much coverage did that get? nothing screams women’s solidarity, like
good ol’ fashioned jew bashing.

Can you provide a link?
Old 01-21-2019, 10:56 AM   #20
Slipknot
Super Moderator

Like I said before, we are in an information civil war

it's here now, been here for a while

The United States Constitution does not exist to grant you rights; those rights are inherent within you. Rather it exists to frame a limited government so that those natural rights can be exercised freely.

1984 was a warning, not a guidebook!

It's time more people spoke up with the truth. Every time we let a leftist lie go uncorrected, the commies get stronger.
Old 01-21-2019, 11:36 AM   #21
Jim in CT

Quote:
Can you provide a link?
look up why deb washerman schumtz backed out.

the leader of this year’s march, is a huge fan of Farrakhan.

damn jews.

Old 01-21-2019, 01:08 PM   #22
spence

Quote:
the native american portrayed as the victim, called the kids “beastly”, that’s the word he used. even conservative media outlets like the national review ran with it and blew it.

we need to slow down and get the facts. ask the duke lacrosse players why facts matter.

https://www.foxnews.com/opinion/covi...ect-an-apology
Seems like the only thing the media missed up front was the other group the kids were in a pissing match with that the elder was trying to diffuse.
Old 01-21-2019, 01:21 PM   #23
Jim in CT

Quote:
Seems like the only thing the media missed up front was the other group the kids were in a pissing match with that the elder was trying to diffuse.
The media said the white kids blocked the Native American from passing, when in fact he clearly approached them. He was trying to diffuse the situation, by calling the white kids "beastly"?

The "other group" you refer to, an anti-white, anti-gay black group, was screaming horrible names at the kids for an hour. And the Native American called the kids "beastly"?

I can't speak to his intentions, but he was sure wrong on what took place...and he was obviously confronting that one kid, whose face he screamed in from 3 inches away.
Old 01-21-2019, 02:21 PM   #24
spence

Quote:
The media said the white kids blocked the Native American from passing, when in fact he clearly approached them. He was trying to diffuse the situation, by calling the white kids "beastly"?

The "other group" you refer to, an anti-white, anti-gay black group, was screaming horrible names at the kids for an hour. And the Native American called the kids "beastly"?

I can't speak to his intentions, but he was sure wrong on what took place...and he was obviously confronting that one kid, whose face he screamed in from 3 inches away.
From what I’ve read it sounds like both the kids and the Israelite group were giving each other a lot of crap. Where were the chaperones or maybe they were complicit? I know I wouldn’t let my kids act in such a beastly manner with all the yelling and jumping. Seems like you get a lot of that kind of behavior when mobs get all dressed up in their MAGA gear.

And to help diffuse the situation they’re met by an elder offering a prayer which is summarily mocked by the kids.

Maybe he should be praying for you.
Old 01-21-2019, 02:57 PM   #25
wdmso

Quote:
From what I’ve read it sounds like both the kids and the Israelite group were giving each other a lot of crap. Where were the chaperones or maybe they were complicit? I know I wouldn’t let my kids act in such a beastly manner with all the yelling and jumping. Seems like you get a lot of that kind of behavior when mobs get all dressed up in their MAGA gear.

And to help diffuse the situation they’re met by an elder offering a prayer which is summarily mocked by the kids.

I asked the same questions about chaperones or lack there of allow this to continue for and hour plus .. seems Trumps has motivated everyone to act and speak as he does .. at all ages
Old 01-21-2019, 03:03 PM   #26
Jim in CT

Quote:

then i stead of reading from the huffington post, watch the video, then you’ll see. the video is there, i presume
you are reading instead, because you know you don’t want to see what’s on the video. go right to the source, watch the video.

the
media is the
enemy of these
kids. they’re the wrong demographic, and the irresponsible
media is going to get someone hurt.
Old 01-21-2019, 03:04 PM   #27
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post
I asked the same questions about chaperones or lack there of allow this to continue for and hour plus .. seems Trumps has motivated everyone to act and speak as he does .. at all ages
what are you saying these kids were doing, which was trump-like? watch the video, and be specific
please...
Old 01-21-2019, 03:15 PM   #28
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
look up why deb washerman schumtz backed out.

the leader of this year’s march, is a huge fan of Farrakhan.

damn jews.

Odd hero for you to have
https://www.politico.com/story/2017/...igation-241177

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Niles: You have met “people”, haven’t you?

Lets Go Darwin
Old 01-21-2019, 03:21 PM   #29
scottw

Quote:

you have truly lost your mind
Old 01-21-2019, 03:29 PM   #30
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete F. View Post
oh i don’t think i said she’s a hero, my point was that even she ran away from a liberal women’s march, specifically because of
anti semitism.