Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

     

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Right Nav

Left Container Right Container
 

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 03-20-2017, 02:00 PM   #121
Linesider82
CSA
iTrader: (0)
 
Linesider82's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: CT
Posts: 1,803
Pro Russian Elephants trumpet in the new age, and the 62.8 million Americans who back it: that's a good headline.
Linesider82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2017, 02:37 PM   #122
Linesider82
CSA
iTrader: (0)
 
Linesider82's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: CT
Posts: 1,803
answering the thread, two false claims fall into the hands of the world, including the American public, on wire taps. Can trump supporters claim anything the "president" says to be true? I would like to say he's out of tweets, but next I'm sure he'll say that Harambe is still alive. That Gorilla is already more important than the POTUS. I'm disgusted as a descendent of wwII combatants, to listen to much of the discussions on here. I liked Bush Sr., I didn't like Clinton at all because he gutted our defense, Bush Jr. got us in an unwinnable war, Obama actually took out the key guy, but kept us in the same Bush war. Now, the new claim is to take on the world? I think Trump is doing a good job at that. I also think we are losing, unless we are going towards WW3. If that is the case, anyone 34 and under should enlist in the Navy, anyone interested in the marines 28, and the rest of us 42 and under should enlist in the army. Do it. don't talk back,,, just support your country in the way you want it to be. Lots of talk here no action.
Linesider82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2017, 02:39 PM   #123
Linesider82
CSA
iTrader: (0)
 
Linesider82's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: CT
Posts: 1,803
If you are over 42 shut the #^&#^&#^&#^& up
Linesider82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2017, 02:45 PM   #124
Linesider82
CSA
iTrader: (0)
 
Linesider82's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: CT
Posts: 1,803
if youre looking for a draft.. a younger person will be in command.
Linesider82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2017, 02:56 PM   #125
Jim in CT
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 5,916
Interesting that Comey admitted the FBI is investigating if there were ties between the Russians and the Trump campaign (God I hope none, how would they clear that up if both Trump and Pence were involved?). But he would not say if they were investigating to find out who leaked the fact the Mike Flynn was recorded talking with the Russian ambassador. Whoever leaked that to the press, I believe committed an obvious crime.
Jim in CT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2017, 03:08 PM   #126
Linesider82
CSA
iTrader: (0)
 
Linesider82's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: CT
Posts: 1,803
All I am saying is the talk today could mean my kids could go into war. Myself, could go into war, and they (us gov) will not pick you. They will choose me, they will choose my children ... or in this case (he's 2 ) will choose him in the future. I will teach him respect for guns and how to fire them. I will teach him how to be accurate, quiet, and how to be undetectable in his approach. I lost my baseball coach in the 911 attack, my father lost a hunting partner, after the sandy hook ordeal, I am fully aware of that attack, everything else since then seems to be unrelated. Every Democrat including those in my state of CT seems to state the same on the school attacks, I personally know Mrs. Murphy who was killed in the Sandy Hook shooting. I personally know her husband because he was my father's hunting partner and he believes the progression of gun laws is wrong. Can he talk about that? no, no, no, and he shouldn't be able to. He is still strong on gun rights, despite all the Murphy / Bluementhal talk.
Linesider82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2017, 03:39 PM   #127
Linesider82
CSA
iTrader: (0)
 
Linesider82's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: CT
Posts: 1,803
Who is over 42 in this discussion?
Linesider82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2017, 03:46 PM   #128
Jim in CT
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 5,916
Quote:
Originally Posted by Linesider82 View Post
All I am saying is the talk today could mean my kids could go into war. Myself, could go into war, and they (us gov) will not pick you. They will choose me, they will choose my children ... or in this case (he's 2 ) will choose him in the future. I will teach him respect for guns and how to fire them. I will teach him how to be accurate, quiet, and how to be undetectable in his approach. I lost my baseball coach in the 911 attack, my father lost a hunting partner, after the sandy hook ordeal, I am fully aware of that attack, everything else since then seems to be unrelated. Every Democrat including those in my state of CT seems to state the same on the school attacks, I personally know Mrs. Murphy who was killed in the Sandy Hook shooting. I personally know her husband because he was my father's hunting partner and he believes the progression of gun laws is wrong. Can he talk about that? no, no, no, and he shouldn't be able to. He is still strong on gun rights, despite all the Murphy / Bluementhal talk.
"could mean my kids could go into war. Myself, could go into war"

Against Russia? Or ISIS? The world is a very, very unstable place, no doubt. North Korea is led by an absolute maniac, who is doing everything he can to get nukes.

"Can he talk about that? no, no, no, and he shouldn't be able to."

Why shouldn't he be able to talk about something?
Jim in CT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2017, 04:44 PM   #129
buckman
Registered User
iTrader: (0)
 
buckman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Mansfield
Posts: 4,750
Blog Entries: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Linesider82 View Post
Who is over 42 in this discussion?
I'm well north of that .
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
buckman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2017, 05:13 PM   #130
PaulS
Registered User
iTrader: (0)
 
PaulS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 5,417
Quote:
Originally Posted by Linesider82 View Post
If you are over 42 shut the #^&#^&#^&#^& up
JohnR grandfathered me in.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
PaulS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2017, 03:59 AM   #131
wdmso
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Somerset MA
Posts: 1,197
I am 50 did my time in Iraq and my son is currently active duty in the Air Force C-17 loadmaster .. my distain for Trump has nothing to do with his adopted R next to his name He is dangerous most of his appointments are dangerous... and your right most over 42 wont be affected directly by his policy's or lack of them he will leave do nothing for the Avg worker and his SS supporters dont care they have theirs ..

So sit back and watch the show until we can distract ourselves with long nights or earlier mornings and debate eels or plugs or chunk
wdmso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2017, 05:56 AM   #132
scottw
Registered User
iTrader: (0)
 
scottw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 5,232
VDH.....timely

Monasteries of the Mind

"When everything is politicized, people retreat into mental mountaintops — dreams of the past and fantasies of the future.

The rapper Snoop Dogg released a video shooting a mock-up of the president. Rapper Bow Wow wants to “pimp” the first lady. What a difference a few months make. Not long ago rapper Kendrick Lamar issued an album whose cover showed young rappers on the White House lawn celebrating the death of a white judge. He received an invitation to the White House (a cut from his To Pimp a Butterfly album was Barack Obama’s favorite song of the year). When Trump has lost the rapper vote, has he lost America?

There is now something called the “Resistance,” which by its nomenclature poses that its opposition to Trump is reminiscent of European partisan resistance to Hitler: Affluent progressives are now on the barricades to stop another Holocaust? Cities now nullify federal law in the spirit of the Old Confederacy. A federal judge doesn’t enforce federal law because he says he does not like what the president and his associates said in the past, during the campaign. Op-ed writers overseas wait eagerly for the president’s assassination. At CNN, Fareed Zakaria, wrist-slapped for past plagiarism, melts down while screaming of Trump’s “bullsh**.” Madonna says she has “thought an awful lot about blowing up the White House.” All the insanity reminds one of the old Kingston Trio ballad:

They’re rioting in Africa, they’re starving in Spain.
There’s hurricanes in Florida, and Texas needs rain.
The whole world is festering with unhappy souls.
The French hate the Germans, the Germans hate the Poles.
Italians hate Yugoslavs, South Africans hate the Dutch.
And I don’t like anybody very much!

Bad filibusters are now good ones. Vowing to kill, hurt, or remove the president and first family is hip, when it used to be felonious. States’ rights and nullification are now Confederate-cool. Free speech is hate speech. Censorship is a mere trigger warning. Assimilation is cultural appropriation. The nasal voiced thirtysomethings on the news, in their retro outfits of high-water pants and horn-rimmed glasses, impart worldly wisdom as our new Eric Sevareids.

When we all wish to be victims, there are too few oppressors to go around. Or perhaps the Boomer generation is going out in a fit of frenzied self-recognition: It enjoyed all that was given to it, did not accomplish much itself, and left a mess to its successors. Its metaphor is California’s Oroville dam: Aging greens believe that it never should have been built; but since it was, it came in handy for the good life; but no one should spend any money on its repair; but when it nearly fails, we were all warned that it was never a good idea. And so no more dams will be built for our children.

An increasing number of American don’t take all this seriously. And that’s not new."
scottw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2017, 08:03 AM   #133
The Dad Fisherman
Super Moderator
iTrader: (0)
 
The Dad Fisherman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Georgetown MA
Posts: 15,537
Quote:
Originally Posted by Linesider82 View Post
If you are over 42 shut the #^&#^&#^&#^& up
Right, because us "Over 42's" never served our country....

I'll just rip up my DD214 and pretend it never happened...
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

"If you're arguing with an idiot, make sure he isn't doing the same thing."
The Dad Fisherman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2017, 09:04 AM   #134
detbuch
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 2,528
Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post
I am 50 did my time in Iraq and my son is currently active duty in the Air Force C-17 loadmaster .. my distain for Trump has nothing to do with his adopted R next to his name He is dangerous most of his appointments are dangerous... and your right most over 42 wont be affected directly by his policy's or lack of them he will leave do nothing for the Avg worker and his SS supporters dont care they have theirs ..

So sit back and watch the show until we can distract ourselves with long nights or earlier mornings and debate eels or plugs or chunk
I thought you said that you didn't subscribe to the Chicken Little point of view. Maybe I misunderstood.
detbuch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2017, 09:12 AM   #135
Jim in CT
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 5,916
Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post
I am 50 did my time in Iraq and my son is currently active duty in the Air Force C-17 loadmaster .. my distain for Trump has nothing to do with his adopted R next to his name He is dangerous most of his appointments are dangerous... and your right most over 42 wont be affected directly by his policy's or lack of them he will leave do nothing for the Avg worker and his SS supporters dont care they have theirs ..

So sit back and watch the show until we can distract ourselves with long nights or earlier mornings and debate eels or plugs or chunk
"he will leave do nothing for the Avg worker "

Sigh. Tell that to the people getting up in Indiana, and going to work at there jobs at the Carrier plant.

He has also repeatedly said that he wants to increase tax credits for childcare expenses for families who work, and to offer tax credits for families where one parent stays home, so that more people can make that choice. He wants to implement paid family medical leave for God's sake. And he is talking about tax reform.

Now, he hasn't done those things yet. Give him some time.

IF he gets those things implemented (and that's still an "if" at this point, but there is evidence to suggest that he intends to keep promises), he will have done plenty for the little guy.

There are reasons to be genuinely concerned about this guy. Saying he won't do anything for the average Joe, is not supported by the facts. I'm sure that's what they say wherever you get your news, but it's simply not true.

"his SS supporters dont care they have theirs .."

Is that a Nazi reference? Or Social Security?

So you don't support him? Boy, from 2009 - 2016, the places where you get your news, said that those who didn't support the President at that time, were racist. How things change.

I have no problem with saying you don't support the President, I hated just about everything that Obama represented.
Jim in CT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2017, 03:10 PM   #136
wdmso
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Somerset MA
Posts: 1,197
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
"he will leave do nothing for the Avg worker "

Sigh. Tell that to the people getting up in Indiana, and going to work at there jobs at the Carrier plant. how did i guess you would bring that up again seems you have no concern bout the 2500 getting let go by the state department

He has also repeatedly said that he wants to increase tax credits for childcare expenses for families who work, and to offer tax credits for families where one parent stays home, so that more people can make that choice. He wants to implement paid family medical leave for God's sake. And he is talking about tax reform.

Now, he hasn't done those things yet. Give him some time.

IF he gets those things implemented (and that's still an "if" at this point, but there is evidence to suggest that he intends to keep promises), he will have done plenty for the little guy.

There are reasons to be genuinely concerned about this guy. Saying he won't do anything for the average Joe, is not supported by the facts. I'm sure that's what they say wherever you get your news, but it's simply not true.

"his SS supporters dont care they have theirs .."

Is that a Nazi reference? Or Social Security? the latter

So you don't support him? Boy, from 2009 - 2016, the places where you get your news, said that those who didn't support the President at that time, were racist. How things change. because it was True being black was all it took for some not to support him Trumps Lack of support is a direct result of Trump no one else

I have no problem with saying you don't support the President, I hated just about everything that Obama represented.did he leave the country better than he found it ?? will Trump??
keep waving those pom poms ... saved 700 created - 2500 he's 1800 in the hole

Wife company
Genesis Health Care Corporation just took away 4 paid holidays took away double time 1\2 if they work a holiday .. and reduced sick time she's had for the past 18 years.. and the economy the best its been in years coincidence doubtful I call it the Trump effect
wdmso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2017, 08:17 AM   #137
Jim in CT
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 5,916
Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post
keep waving those pom poms ... saved 700 created - 2500 he's 1800 in the hole

Wife company
Genesis Health Care Corporation just took away 4 paid holidays took away double time 1\2 if they work a holiday .. and reduced sick time she's had for the past 18 years.. and the economy the best its been in years coincidence doubtful I call it the Trump effect
"how did i guess you would bring that up again "

Because even you knew that your argument was demonstrably false.

"you have no concern bout the 2500 getting let go by the state department"

Of course I do. But if the State Dept can do the same job without those 2,500 people, then they should be let go. The federal government is not a jobs program. It should be as lean as possible. Do you want your taxes to be higher than necessary? In fact, if those people are not necessary, then letting them go is yet another thing Trump is doing for the average Joe, because it will lower his tax burden. You are making my case for me. But you are in a public union, so I get why you like the idea of government spending more than it needs to, because excessive spending goes into your pocket. So it's you who has no concern for the average Joe, because there is no tax hike you won't support, because the more money confiscated from your neighbors, the more money ends up in your pocket.

"because it (accusing Obama opponents of racism) was True"

Go ahead and try to prove that. Take all the time in the world. Why can't I say that all those blacks that voted for Obama instead of McCain and Romney, are racist?

"Trumps Lack of support is a direct result of Trump no one else "

Right, right. Opposition to Obama is inherently racist, but opposition to Trump is justified. You get to declare that with no evidence whatsoever. Very convenient for you

WDMSO, why does the GOP control both houses of Congress, and a huge majority of state governorships and state legislatures? Racism? Is it because of racism?

"did he (Obama)leave the country better than he found it ??"

That can't be proven one way or the other. The stock market was obviously higher when he left, and the economy was more stable. But before the 2016 election, after 8 years of Obama, a large majority of Americans thought we were heading in the wrong direction. That means something.

Here's the best answer to your question, WDMSO...if Obama's policies improved the nation, then please explain why, after 8 years of Obama, the democratic party holds fewer federal and state elected offices, than any time since the Civil War?

My answer: the American public likes Obama personally, they think he is a good guy. But they don't like his policies. It's not racism, or his approval ratings wouldn't be high. But they reject his policies.
Jim in CT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2017, 01:22 AM   #138
Linesider82
CSA
iTrader: (0)
 
Linesider82's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: CT
Posts: 1,803
Buckman, I feel like you have served this country. I'm not certain but thank you if you have.
Paul S you look like a young Robert Redford I hope the others will protect you.
Wdmso, thank you sincerely for your service and your son's current service. My thoughts are wholeheartedly with you and your son.
Wilson, you quoted Snoop? Gressak says hi, we need a proper intro on some fishy water this year. You are crossing too many paths with me.
TheDadFisherman thank you for your service!

Jim in CT, you are a strange one. Stop it with the carrier deal it wasn't trump. It was only Pence, who could legally handle that unless you're implicating the president on illegal actions? Next thing you'll want is a bailout of the auto industry.....
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Linesider82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2017, 04:48 AM   #139
buckman
Registered User
iTrader: (0)
 
buckman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Mansfield
Posts: 4,750
Blog Entries: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Linesider82 View Post
Buckman, I feel like you have served this country. I'm not certain but thank you if you have.
Paul S you look like a young Robert Redford I hope the others will protect you.
Wdmso, thank you sincerely for your service and your son's current service. My thoughts are wholeheartedly with you and your son.
Wilson, you quoted Snoop? Gressak says hi, we need a proper intro on some fishy water this year. You are crossing too many paths with me.
TheDadFisherman thank you for your service!

Jim in CT, you are a strange one. Stop it with the carrier deal it wasn't trump. It was only Pence, who could legally handle that unless you're implicating the president on illegal actions? Next thing you'll want is a bailout of the auto industry.....
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
My heart and sole are with the men and women that serve or have served this nation . No , I haven't served my self, but my better halve has 2 marines and a 3rd boy in the Air Force . I watch how much she misses and worries about them . The sacrifice that military families make deserves our outmost respect .
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
buckman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2017, 06:54 AM   #140
PaulS
Registered User
iTrader: (0)
 
PaulS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 5,417
Quote:
Originally Posted by Linesider82 View Post
Paul S you look like a young Robert Redford I think it my luxurious hair.

Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
FYI - I belive Jim also served.

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckman View Post
My heart and sole are with the men and women that serve or have served this nation . The sacrifice that military families make deserves our outmost respect .
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
PaulS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2017, 07:06 AM   #141
Linesider82
CSA
iTrader: (0)
 
Linesider82's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: CT
Posts: 1,803
Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulS View Post
I belive Jim also served
Well then thank you Jim
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Linesider82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2017, 07:37 AM   #142
Ian
Idiot
iTrader: (0)
 
Ian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Glastonbury, CT
Posts: 1,915
"There are reasons to be genuinely concerned about this guy. Saying he won't do anything for the average Joe, is not supported by the facts. I'm sure that's what they say wherever you get your news, but it's simply not true."

Actually, the fact that he's going to do anything for "the little guy" has yet to be supported by facts... Again, the carrier thing saved jobs but it happened before he was president, and was a politically charged, self serving move to get publicity he could ride into the White House. He needs more "Carrier" moments now that he's President to prove he cares, not more moments where he shows up at a campaign rally spreading false claims of being wiretapped.

He's not in this for the little guy or the big guy, he's in it for himself.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Ian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2017, 07:45 AM   #143
Jim in CT
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 5,916
Quote:
Originally Posted by Linesider82 View Post
Buckman, I feel like you have served this country. I'm not certain but thank you if you have.
Paul S you look like a young Robert Redford I hope the others will protect you.
Wdmso, thank you sincerely for your service and your son's current service. My thoughts are wholeheartedly with you and your son.
Wilson, you quoted Snoop? Gressak says hi, we need a proper intro on some fishy water this year. You are crossing too many paths with me.
TheDadFisherman thank you for your service!

Jim in CT, you are a strange one. Stop it with the carrier deal it wasn't trump. It was only Pence, who could legally handle that unless you're implicating the president on illegal actions? Next thing you'll want is a bailout of the auto industry.....
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
"Jim in CT, you are a strange thoughtful one"

Fixed it for you.

"It was only Pence"

Wrong. Of course Pence had a large role. But Trump reminded Carrier's parent company, that they depend a lot on federal spending (they are a defense contractor). Pence partnered with Trump to pull it off. Could Pence have done it without Trump? Probably. But the irrefutable fact is, Trump made a point to promise to save those jobs, then Obama mocked him and said it wasn't possible to save those jobs, and Trump proved him wrong.

What is "strange" to me, is that people like you deny historical facts about what happened, to serve your personal agenda. I give people credit for the good they do, and criticism when they screw up, I'm not a blind party hack. If that's strange to you, maybe that says more about you than it does about me.

"Next thing you'll want is a bailout of the auto industry....."

Yeah you've got me pegged all right.
Jim in CT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2017, 07:56 AM   #144
Jim in CT
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 5,916
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian View Post
"There are reasons to be genuinely concerned about this guy. Saying he won't do anything for the average Joe, is not supported by the facts. I'm sure that's what they say wherever you get your news, but it's simply not true."

Actually, the fact that he's going to do anything for "the little guy" has yet to be supported by facts... Again, the carrier thing saved jobs but it happened before he was president, and was a politically charged, self serving move to get publicity he could ride into the White House. He needs more "Carrier" moments now that he's President to prove he cares, not more moments where he shows up at a campaign rally spreading false claims of being wiretapped.

He's not in this for the little guy or the big guy, he's in it for himself.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
"Again, the carrier thing saved jobs but it happened before he was president, and was a politically charged, self serving move "

Did it help the people whose jobs were saved, or not? I can not know what his motives were for helping save those jobs, neither can you. Maybe he did it to give the finger to Obama, maybe he wanted to help those people. I don't know, and neither do you. But the Messiah Obama specifically said those Carrier jobs could not be saved, and Trump/Pence did it in no time.

Who gives a sh*t that it happened before the inauguration? The Hollywood Access tape also happened "before he was President", so should that have been ignored?

"He needs more "Carrier" moments now that he's President to prove he cares,"

Agreed. He is talking about tax reform, he is talking about all kinds of tax credits to help working families save on childcare expenses, he is talking about paid family medical leave. If he fails to do those things, I'll be the very first person to say he lied. If he accomplishes those things, will you give him credit.

Before the election, there are a lot of stories about Trump quietly being very, very generous to those in need. Does that wipe out all the awful things he has done? No. But you can't focus on the bad, and ignore the good. He is the sum of everything he does. But on every single TV station except one, all you hear is the bad. Never anything good. And I don't like the guy, I think he's a boorish, offensive, egomaniac. But he has done some wonderful things.

There was a very sick Jewish boy, in California I think, needed to fly across the country with all his medical equipment. Commercial airlines could not accommodate him. Trump sent his jet immediately. How does the media thanks him? By calling him an anti-Semite. Try telling the family of the sick little Jewish boy that Trump is an anti-Semite. Tell that to his daughter Ivanka, who he clearly adores (to the point of being creepy actually), and she is a Jew.

"he's in it for himself"

Obama wasn't? In terms of politics and policy, Obama was almost no different from Hilary. Why didn't he step aside and give her the nomination in 2008? Because HE wanted to be POTUS. Not because he had better ideas than she did.
Jim in CT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2017, 08:08 AM   #145
PaulS
Registered User
iTrader: (0)
 
PaulS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 5,417
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post

There was a very sick Jewish boy, in California I think, needed to fly across the country with all his medical equipment. Commercial airlines could not accommodate him. Trump sent his jet immediately. How does the media thanks him? By calling him an anti-Semite. Try telling the family of the sick little Jewish boy that Trump is an anti-Semite. .
That happened in 1988. Ian probably wasn't even born then.

Pres. Trump is notoriously cheap. He was never active in the NY fund raising circuit and even got in trouble for paying a business fine with $ from his foundation. He also used $ from the foundation to buy personal items. I hate to criticize someone for the amount of $ they give but i'm offering a counterpoint.
PaulS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2017, 08:37 AM   #146
Jim in CT
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 5,916
Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulS View Post
That happened in 1988. Ian probably wasn't even born then.

Pres. Trump is notoriously cheap. He was never active in the NY fund raising circuit and even got in trouble for paying a business fine with $ from his foundation. He also used $ from the foundation to buy personal items. I hate to criticize someone for the amount of $ they give but i'm offering a counterpoint.
And there are people who say he's exceedingly generous.

Paul, he's not a good guy. He's not even close to being what I (nor you, probably) would call a good guy. Your counterpoint is 100% valid. 100%. But it's not all there is to him, that's all I'm saying. We should be able to say "yes, he is very obnoxious", but we should also be able to say "he saved those Carrier jobs when Obama said explicitly, that it couldn't be done. Maybe there is a lesson to be learned there, because he did, quite easily, that which Obama said was impossible."

One host at Foxnews (Hannity) never says anything critical about Trump. No one else on TV, from what I can tell, will ever give him credit for the good things he does.

Bill Clinton and Ted Kennedy were also scumbags, the absolute filth at the bottom of the barrel. But they are praised by the same folks who bash Trump. The hypocrisy is stunning.

Bill Clinton proved, I think, that a reptile can be a productive President.
Jim in CT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2017, 09:04 AM   #147
The Dad Fisherman
Super Moderator
iTrader: (0)
 
The Dad Fisherman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Georgetown MA
Posts: 15,537
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian View Post
Actually, the fact that he's going to do anything for "the little guy" has yet to be supported by facts...
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Well, he did sign an Executive order to assist historically black colleges and universities procure $26B in funding. He also signed 2 bills that were going to help create jobs in the STEM fields for women, being that my daughter is currently studying for a degree in a STEM field, that is pretty significant from my point of view.

Not bad for a Misogynistic Racist.....

I'm in the same camp as Jim on the guy...I think he's a class "A" A$$, but you can't just ignore the good things he does and only focus on the bad....

"If you're arguing with an idiot, make sure he isn't doing the same thing."
The Dad Fisherman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2017, 09:18 AM   #148
Jim in CT
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 5,916
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dad Fisherman View Post
Well, he did sign an Executive order to assist historically black colleges and universities procure $26B in funding. He also signed 2 bills that were going to help create jobs in the STEM fields for women, being that my daughter is currently studying for a degree in a STEM field, that is pretty significant from my point of view.

Not bad for a Misogynistic Racist.....

I'm in the same camp as Jim on the guy...I think he's a class "A" A$$, but you can't just ignore the good things he does and only focus on the bad....
"being that my daughter is currently studying for a degree in a STEM field, that is pretty significant from my point of view."

And I have 3 boys, but still feel that is significant, as well as noble, hopefully good public policy.

"you can't just ignore the good things he does and only focus on the bad"

The refusal of many (not all) to concede anything good about this guy...is like nothing I have ever seen. They even make up criticisms (saying he's an anti-Semite, which will come as news to Ivanka who is Jewish). The left is on a mission. They are putting ALL of their eggs in the "destroy Trump" basket. It could work like a charm for them. But if he implements some populist things that really resonate with folks, it could blow up in their faces.

The 2018 midterms will be fascinating. If you look at who is up for re-election in the Senate, it could not be worse for Democrats. Twice as any Dems up for re-election compared to the GOP, and many of the Dems are in purple states that went for Trump.
Jim in CT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2017, 12:54 PM   #149
Ian
Idiot
iTrader: (0)
 
Ian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Glastonbury, CT
Posts: 1,915
Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulS View Post
That happened in 1988. Ian probably wasn't even born then.

Pres. Trump is notoriously cheap. He was never active in the NY fund raising circuit and even got in trouble for paying a business fine with $ from his foundation. He also used $ from the foundation to buy personal items. I hate to criticize someone for the amount of $ they give but i'm offering a counterpoint.
Close... very very close....

The artist formerly known as Scratch59.
Ian is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:02 AM.


Powered by vBulletin. Copyright ©2000 - 2008, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Please use all necessary and proper safety precautions. STAY SAFE Striper Talk Forums
Copyright 1998-20012 Striped-Bass.com