Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 10-04-2019, 11:44 AM   #121
scottw

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post

US law bans soliciting foreign help for electoral purposes.

Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
he was doing his job rooting out corruption and "draining the swamp"...we wouldn't be talking about this if the obama administration and the democrats weren't so corrupt
Old 10-04-2019, 11:55 AM   #122
spence

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
hunter got filthy rich at a job he had zero qualifications for, except that his daddy was (1) the VP, (2) the US point person for the same country that employed Hunter ( what a coincidence), and (3) daddy helped fire a prosecutor that might have been looking at this company, (4) it’s reported that john
kerry’s stepson ended his investment partnership with hunter, because he wasn’t comfortable with what hunter was doing in ukraine.

ever heard of circumstantial evidence? sure you have, but only when it applies to republicans.
It's more like a conspiracy theory. I've still never seen a shred of anything that shows Hunter Biden did anything wrong other than poor judgement to take a job that could be seen as a conflict of interest.

And the Biden leverage to fire the prosecutor was bi-partisan and supported by most of Europe. Burisma wasn't even under investigation at the time.

There's no there there.
Old 10-04-2019, 11:58 AM   #123
spence

Quote:
ok you tell me what’s fake here...

team hilary paid brit’s and russians to dig up dirt on carter page.
Actually the DNC hired a US law firm who hired a former British spy. Never heard anything about payments to Russians.

Quote:
the obama administrations justice department used that dirt as part of multiple FISA warrants against page.
Who was suspected of being a Russian agent, and approved by Republican appointed judges, sure go along...

Quote:
if it matters, page has never been charged.
It doesn't matter. Not all investigations result in charges.

Quote:
you tell us what’s false there.
Pretty much all of it.
Old 10-04-2019, 12:02 PM   #124
scottw

one of the funniest things I've read in all of this was Hunter Biden, after getting 50 G's a month for his "expertise" and getting 1.5 billion in investment cash from the commie chinese for his start up investment firm....said in an interview that he lives paycheck to paycheck
Old 10-04-2019, 12:17 PM   #125
spence

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottw View Post
one of the funniest things I've read in all of this was Hunter Biden, after getting 50 G's a month for his "expertise" and getting 1.5 billion in investment cash from the commie chinese for his start up investment firm....said in an interview that he lives paycheck to paycheck
Read the actual interview.
Old 10-04-2019, 12:44 PM   #126
Sea Dangles

Quote:
Originally Posted by spence View Post
It's more like a conspiracy theory. I've still never seen a shred of anything that shows Hunter Biden did anything wrong other than poor judgement to take a job that could be seen as a conflict of interest.

And the Biden leverage to fire the prosecutor was bi-partisan and supported by most of Europe. Burisma wasn't even under investigation at the time.

There's no there there.
Have you seen a shred of anything that you would consider a reason for hiring Biden. I am guessing you would consider him overqualified...

PRO CHOICE REPUBLICAN
Old 10-04-2019, 01:01 PM   #127
Jim in CT

Quote:
Actually the DNC hired a US law firm who hired a former British spy. Never heard anything about payments to Russians.

Who was suspected of being a Russian agent, and approved by Republican appointed judges, sure go along...

It doesn't matter. Not all investigations result in charges.

Pretty much all of it.
"Who was suspected of being a Russian agent,"

And part of the suspicion, since they used it to get the FISA warrant, was the Steele dossier, prepared by foreigners to help Hilary get elected. Which Got Stripers said clearly, was a crime.

"approved by Republican appointed judges'

who were never told that a knew piece of evidence in support of the FISA warrant, was opposition research paid for by the opposing campaign. Funny that they, and you, left that out. How come you left that part out?

"Not all investigations result in charges"

No one said they always result in charges. But when they don't result in charges, that person is legally innocent. Correct?

"Pretty much all of it"

You agreed that Hilary paid a foreigner to help her win an election in this country.

You agreed that dossier was used to get a FISA warrant on Page.

You agreed Page wasn't charged.

Sounds like most of it was spot on, snowflake.
Old 10-04-2019, 01:46 PM   #128
spence

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sea Dangles View Post
Have you seen a shred of anything that you would consider a reason for hiring Biden. I am guessing you would consider him overqualified...
Good executive experience, lobbyist, investor, high profile. Burisma at the time was trying to look more like a western firm to distance from their past. One of Biden's former investment partners was hired by the board as well.
Old 10-04-2019, 02:20 PM   #129
Pete F.
Canceled

Can you see a shred of evidence for putting Jared Kushner in charge of anything?
Old 10-04-2019, 02:32 PM   #130
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete F. View Post
Can you see a shred of evidence for putting Jared Kushner in charge of anything?
But that's not whataboutism?

P.S., before the election, he ran Kushner Companies, Observer Media, and founded an online real estate investment platform. And unlike Hunter, never got caught snorting cocaine. Nice try.
Old 10-04-2019, 02:36 PM   #131
Jim in CT

Quote:
And here's what former Google CEO said about him...

"According to former Google CEO Eric Schmidt (who worked on technology for Hillary Clinton's campaign), Kushner's role in the 2016 election was its biggest surprise. Schmidt told Forbes, "Best I can tell, he actually ran the campaign and did it with essentially no resources."[63] Federal Election Commission filings indicate the Trump campaign spent $343 million, about 59 percent as much as the Clinton campaign.["

Kushner ran the campaign...remind me Pete, how did that turn out?
Old 10-04-2019, 02:37 PM   #132
detbuch

Quote:
Good executive experience, lobbyist, investor, high profile. Burisma at the time was trying to look more like a western firm to distance from their past. One of Biden's former investment partners was hired by the board as well.
OK. This proves you're just trolling.
Old 10-04-2019, 02:39 PM   #133
Sea Dangles

Quote:

"According to former Google CEO Eric Schmidt (who worked on technology for Hillary Clinton's campaign), Kushner's role in the 2016 election was its biggest surprise. Schmidt told Forbes, "Best I can tell, he actually ran the campaign and did it with essentially no resources."[63] Federal Election Commission filings indicate the Trump campaign spent $343 million, about 59 percent as much as the Clinton campaign.["

💥

PRO CHOICE REPUBLICAN
Old 10-04-2019, 10:07 PM   #134
scottw

Quote:

weren't we told no experience obama would be a good president because he managed a campaign? pretty sure I remember that
Old 10-04-2019, 10:36 PM   #135
scottw

Quote:
Read the actual interview.
Hunter Biden had been employed as a consultant to the Delaware bank MBNA, with a $100,000-a-year retainer, according to the New York Times. The bank hired him fresh out of law school and in less than two years promoted him to senior vice president. MBNA a banking holding company based in Delaware, which was one of the largest donors to his father’s campaigns. At the age of twenty-six, Hunter, who was earning more than a hundred thousand dollars and had received a signing bonus, was making nearly as much money as his father. In January, 1998, the conservative reporter and columnist Byron York wrote, in The American Spectator, “Certainly lots of children of influential parents end up in very good jobs. But the Biden case is troubling. After all, this is a senator who for years has sermonized against what he says is the corrupting influence of money in politics.”

Hunter, by then an executive vice-president at MBNA, found the corporate culture stifling. “If you forgot to wear your MBNA lapel pin, someone would stop you in the halls,” he recalled. In 1998, he contacted William Oldaker, a Washington lawyer who had worked on his father’s Presidential campaign in 1987, for advice about how to get a job in the Clinton Administration. Oldaker called William Daley, the Commerce Secretary, who had also worked on Biden’s campaign. Daley, the son of the five-term mayor of Chicago, told me that, because of their shared experience growing up in political families, he empathized with Hunter, and asked his staff to evaluate him for a position as a policy director specializing in the burgeoning Internet economy. Hunter got the job, then sold the Delaware house for roughly twice what he’d paid for it and moved his family to a rental home in the Tenleytown neighborhood of Washington. Hunter and Kathleen sent Naomi and Finnegan—and later Maisy, who was born in 2000—to Sidwell Friends, one of Washington’s most exclusive and expensive schools. Hunter’s salary barely covered the rent, the school fees, and his family’s living expenses.

Late Summer 2006: Hunter Biden and his uncle, James Biden, purchase the hedge fund Paradigm Global Advisors. According to an unnamed executive quoted in Politico in August, James Biden declared to employees on his first day, “Don’t worry about investors. We’ve got people all around the world who want to invest in Joe Biden.” At this time, Joe Biden is months away from becoming chairman of the Senate Foreign Relations Committee and launching his second bid for president.

The unnamed executive who spoke to Politico charged that the purchase of the fund was designed to work around campaign-finance laws:

According to the executive, James Biden made it clear that he viewed the fund as a way to take money from rich foreigners who could not legally give money to his older brother or his campaign account. “We’ve got investors lined up in a line of 747s filled with cash ready to invest in this company,” the executive remembers James Biden saying.

December 4, 2013: Hunter Biden joins his father on Air Force Two on a trip to China, where his father is meeting with Chinese president Xi Jinping. Hunter arranges for Li to shake hands with his father in the lobby of the American delegation’s hotel. Afterward, Hunter and Li have what both parties describe as a social meeting.

According to The New Yorker, at this time other Obama-administration officials weren’t comfortable with Hunter Biden’s business ties in China, but they did not confront the vice president about the matter:

Hunter’s meeting with Li and his relationship with BHR attracted little attention at the time, but some of Biden’s advisers were worried that Hunter, by meeting with a business associate during his father’s visit, would expose the Vice-President to criticism. The former senior White House aide told me that Hunter’s behavior invited questions about whether he “was leveraging access for his benefit, which just wasn’t done in that White House. Optics really mattered, and that seemed to be cutting it pretty close, even if nothing nefarious was going on.” When I asked members of Biden’s staff whether they discussed their concerns with the Vice-President, several of them said that they had been too intimidated to do so. “Everyone who works for him has been screamed at,” a former adviser told me.

December 2013: “Less than two weeks later, Hunter Biden’s firm inked a $1 billion private equity deal with a subsidiary of the Chinese government’s Bank of China,” author and investigator Peter Schweizer says. “The deal was later expanded to $1.5 billion. In short, the Chinese government funded a business that it co-owned along with the son of a sitting vice president.

April 2014: Hunter Biden joins the board of Burisma Holdings. Biden’s primary duty is to attend board meetings and energy forums in Europe once or twice a year, and he is paid $50,000 per month.

Apter added, “This is totally based on merit.”

December 2016: Biden meets the Chinese energy tycoon Ye Jianming. As CNN described, “at its height, Ye’s company, CEFC China Energy, aligned itself so closely with the Chinese government that it was often hard to distinguish between the two.”

May 2017: Chinese energy tycoon Ye Jianming and Hunter Biden meet privately at a hotel in Miami. Biden says he offered to use his contacts to help “identify investment opportunities for Ye’s company CEFC China Energy, in liquified natural gas projects in the United States.” After the dinner, Ye sends a 2.8-carat diamond to Hunter’s hotel room with a card thanking him for the meeting.

July 1, 2019: “I’ve pretty much always lived paycheck to paycheck,” Hunter told me. “I never considered it struggling, but it has always been a high-wire act.”

read all of these

https://www.politico.com/magazine/st...ampaign-227407

https://www.nationalreview.com/2019/...sive-timeline/

https://www.newyorker.com/magazine/2...thers-campaign

Last edited by scottw; 10-04-2019 at 10:57 PM..
Old 10-05-2019, 02:29 AM   #136
wdmso

Quote:
Hunter Biden had been employed as a consultant to the Delaware bank MBNA, with a $100,000-a-year retainer, according to the New York Times. The bank hired him fresh out of law school and in less than two years promoted him to senior vice president. MBNA a banking holding company based in Delaware, which was one of the largest donors to his father’s campaigns. At the age of twenty-six, Hunter, who was earning more than a hundred thousand dollars and had received a signing bonus, was making nearly as much money as his father. In January, 1998, the conservative reporter and columnist Byron York wrote, in The American Spectator, “Certainly lots of children of influential parents end up in very good jobs. But the Biden case is troubling. After all, this is a senator who for years has sermonized against what he says is the corrupting influence of money in politics.”

Hunter, by then an executive vice-president at MBNA, found the corporate culture stifling. “If you forgot to wear your MBNA lapel pin, someone would stop you in the halls,” he recalled. In 1998, he contacted William Oldaker, a Washington lawyer who had worked on his father’s Presidential campaign in 1987, for advice about how to get a job in the Clinton Administration. Oldaker called William Daley, the Commerce Secretary, who had also worked on Biden’s campaign. Daley, the son of the five-term mayor of Chicago, told me that, because of their shared experience growing up in political families, he empathized with Hunter, and asked his staff to evaluate him for a position as a policy director specializing in the burgeoning Internet economy. Hunter got the job, then sold the Delaware house for roughly twice what he’d paid for it and moved his family to a rental home in the Tenleytown neighborhood of Washington. Hunter and Kathleen sent Naomi and Finnegan—and later Maisy, who was born in 2000—to Sidwell Friends, one of Washington’s most exclusive and expensive schools. Hunter’s salary barely covered the rent, the school fees, and his family’s living expenses.

Late Summer 2006: Hunter Biden and his uncle, James Biden, purchase the hedge fund Paradigm Global Advisors. According to an unnamed executive quoted in Politico in August, James Biden declared to employees on his first day, “Don’t worry about investors. We’ve got people all around the world who want to invest in Joe Biden.” At this time, Joe Biden is months away from becoming chairman of the Senate Foreign Relations Committee and launching his second bid for president.

The unnamed executive who spoke to Politico charged that the purchase of the fund was designed to work around campaign-finance laws:

According to the executive, James Biden made it clear that he viewed the fund as a way to take money from rich foreigners who could not legally give money to his older brother or his campaign account. “We’ve got investors lined up in a line of 747s filled with cash ready to invest in this company,” the executive remembers James Biden saying.

December 4, 2013: Hunter Biden joins his father on Air Force Two on a trip to China, where his father is meeting with Chinese president Xi Jinping. Hunter arranges for Li to shake hands with his father in the lobby of the American delegation’s hotel. Afterward, Hunter and Li have what both parties describe as a social meeting.

According to The New Yorker, at this time other Obama-administration officials weren’t comfortable with Hunter Biden’s business ties in China, but they did not confront the vice president about the matter:

Hunter’s meeting with Li and his relationship with BHR attracted little attention at the time, but some of Biden’s advisers were worried that Hunter, by meeting with a business associate during his father’s visit, would expose the Vice-President to criticism. The former senior White House aide told me that Hunter’s behavior invited questions about whether he “was leveraging access for his benefit, which just wasn’t done in that White House. Optics really mattered, and that seemed to be cutting it pretty close, even if nothing nefarious was going on.” When I asked members of Biden’s staff whether they discussed their concerns with the Vice-President, several of them said that they had been too intimidated to do so. “Everyone who works for him has been screamed at,” a former adviser told me.

December 2013: “Less than two weeks later, Hunter Biden’s firm inked a $1 billion private equity deal with a subsidiary of the Chinese government’s Bank of China,” author and investigator Peter Schweizer says. “The deal was later expanded to $1.5 billion. In short, the Chinese government funded a business that it co-owned along with the son of a sitting vice president.

April 2014: Hunter Biden joins the board of Burisma Holdings. Biden’s primary duty is to attend board meetings and energy forums in Europe once or twice a year, and he is paid $50,000 per month.

Apter added, “This is totally based on merit.”

December 2016: Biden meets the Chinese energy tycoon Ye Jianming. As CNN described, “at its height, Ye’s company, CEFC China Energy, aligned itself so closely with the Chinese government that it was often hard to distinguish between the two.”

May 2017: Chinese energy tycoon Ye Jianming and Hunter Biden meet privately at a hotel in Miami. Biden says he offered to use his contacts to help “identify investment opportunities for Ye’s company CEFC China Energy, in liquified natural gas projects in the United States.” After the dinner, Ye sends a 2.8-carat diamond to Hunter’s hotel room with a card thanking him for the meeting.

July 1, 2019: “I’ve pretty much always lived paycheck to paycheck,” Hunter told me. “I never considered it struggling, but it has always been a high-wire act.”

read all of these

https://www.politico.com/magazine/st...ampaign-227407

https://www.nationalreview.com/2019/...sive-timeline/

https://www.newyorker.com/magazine/2...thers-campaign
but he is not the issue is he.. What Trump has done is the issue.

Every thing you posted is irrelevant to the topic ..and is the party line deflection
Old 10-05-2019, 05:30 AM   #137
scottw

Quote:

Every thing you posted is irrelevant to the topic ..and is the party line deflection
good answer classic...it's good to be a dirty democrat
Old 10-05-2019, 05:57 AM   #138
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:

Your all set then, he’s running the impeachment war room

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Niles: You have met “people”, haven’t you?

Lets Go Darwin
Old 10-05-2019, 06:36 AM   #139
scottw

the day after trump is re-elected is going to be epic
Old 10-05-2019, 06:37 AM   #140
Jim in CT

Quote:
Your all set then, he’s running the impeachment war room
you asked why anyone would put him in charge of
anything. i replied in a way that made your question look very ignorant and silly. that’s your fault, not mine.
Old 10-05-2019, 06:38 AM   #141
Jim in CT

Quote:
the day after trump is re-elected is going to be epic
if he does ( remember how accurate i was last time?) it will surely be epic.
Old 10-05-2019, 06:40 AM   #142
Jim in CT

Quote:
weren't we told no experience obama would be a good president because he managed a campaign? pretty sure I remember that
don’t forget he was a community organizer. in chicago of all places, and we all know what a superbly organized community THAT is.
Old 10-05-2019, 07:47 AM   #143
Sea Dangles

That guy had zero experience running anything so in that context he did fine.
Old 10-05-2019, 09:09 AM   #144
spence

Quote:

He didn't even respond to the interview he quoted.