Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 01-13-2019, 09:43 AM   #1
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Got Stripers View Post
Oklahoma, Columbine, Chardon school, Isla Vista, Charlestin church, Las Vegas, Sandy hook, Aurora theater, Austin, Parkland, Santa Fe school, Jacksonville gamer and so many other us born and raised murderers didn’t come from Mexico, yet collectively they represent more of a national emergency when it comes to violent crimes.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Does anyone disagree with you? Is anyone suggesting that the southern border is the only pressing issue?

I b et we can extend the barriers as Trump is proposing, AND have cops walking a beat in Chicago.

It's not one or the other.

Are you people for real? These are without a doubt, the stupidest, lamest, easiest-to-destroy, most thoughtless arguments I have ever heard on any topic, since i started paying attention to politics.

Extending existing barriers isn't perfect, some people will get through. It won't stop school shootings in New England, it won't stop gang violence in Chicago, it won't cure cancer or end poverty. It won't do any of those things.

Want to know what it will do? Look at what happened in San Diego, and Yuma Arizona, after barriers went up there.

Jim Acosta for Gods sake, spent 10 minutes at the border, and because he didn't see anything, means it's not a crisis? Do you know how stupid that is? It's as stupid as me saying, "I went to Chicago twice for work, I didn't get shot, didn't see anyone get shot, so the stories of violence are made up".

See how stupid that is?
Old 01-13-2019, 09:47 AM   #2
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
Does anyone disagree with you? Is anyone suggesting that the southern border is the only pressing issue?

I b et we can extend the barriers as Trump is proposing, AND have cops walking a beat in Chicago.

It's not one or the other.

Are you people for real? These are without a doubt, the stupidest, lamest, easiest-to-destroy, most thoughtless arguments I have ever heard on any topic, since i started paying attention to politics.

Extending existing barriers isn't perfect, some people will get through. It won't stop school shootings in New England, it won't stop gang violence in Chicago, it won't cure cancer or end poverty. It won't do any of those things.

Want to know what it will do? Look at what happened in San Diego, and Yuma Arizona, after barriers went up there.

Jim Acosta for Gods sake, spent 10 minutes at the border, and because he didn't see anything, means it's not a crisis? Do you know how stupid that is? It's as stupid as me saying, "I went to Chicago twice for work, I didn't get shot, didn't see anyone get shot, so the stories of violence are made up".

See how stupid that is?
Glad to see you characterize it as the “issue” it is and not the national emergency the White House would like us to believe. I’d also suggest the reduced national security at our ports of entry due to disgruntled government workers is ironically happening over a shutdown over national security.

Last edited by Got Stripers; 01-13-2019 at 09:55 AM..
Old 01-13-2019, 10:10 AM   #3
Jim in CT

Quote:
Glad to see you characterize it as the “issue” it is and not the national emergency the White House would like us to believe. I’d also suggest the reduced national security at our ports of entry due to disgruntled government workers is ironically happening over a shutdown over national security.
So his words are what matter, whether it's a serious problem, a crisis, or an emergency? Do you agree that at best, it's a serious problem? The dems sure thought so until January 2017...and who here, criticized them for saying it was a crisis?

GS, I'm responding to you, but I don't mean to single you out, as you are usually thoughtful and fair. But your side has really jumped the shark on this one, you're tripping all over yourselves for the sake of saying Trump is wrong. That's ALL this is. If Hilary had won and wanted the wall, we'd have the wall.

And the arguments the Trump haters are clinging to, are just beyond absurd.

The wall can''t guarantee that illegal immigration won't converge to zero

We have other problems in addition to immigration

Walls are immoral, but fences are swell

Walls don't work (this is so stupid and demonstrably false, there aren't words to describe it)

Not every single illegal comes through the southern border

it's too expensive

illegals contribute positively to our economy

not everyone who gets murdered, is killed by an illegal

trump doesn't really care about the women getting raped

These arguments would get any high school student, a richly deserved 'F' in debate class.

If we didn't know for a certainty how well barriers worked in San Diego and Arizona, MAYBE there'd be two sides to this. But we do, so there aren't.

How many border patrol agents have you seen on TV, who aren't saying the wall will help? The guy who ran the border patrol under Obama, who was fired by Trump and therefore has reason to hate Trump, says it will help and is needed.

Nancy Pelosi and Chuck Schumer know better? And what changed since 2013?
Old 01-13-2019, 12:59 PM   #4
wdmso

Quote:
So his words are what matter, whether it's a serious problem, a crisis, or an emergency? Do you agree that at best, it's a serious problem? The dems sure thought so until January 2017...and who here, criticized them for saying it was a crisis?

GS, I'm responding to you, but I don't mean to single you out, as you are usually thoughtful and fair. But your side has really jumped the shark on this one, you're tripping all over yourselves for the sake of saying Trump is wrong. That's ALL this is. If Hilary had won and wanted the wall, we'd have the wall.

And the arguments the Trump haters are clinging to, are just beyond absurd.

The wall can''t guarantee that illegal immigration won't converge to zero

We have other problems in addition to immigration

Walls are immoral, but fences are swell

Walls don't work (this is so stupid and demonstrably false, there aren't words to describe it)

Not every single illegal comes through the southern border

it's too expensive

illegals contribute positively to our economy

not everyone who gets murdered, is killed by an illegal

trump doesn't really care about the women getting raped

These arguments would get any high school student, a richly deserved 'F' in debate class.

If we didn't know for a certainty how well barriers worked in San Diego and Arizona, MAYBE there'd be two sides to this. But we do, so there aren't.

How many border patrol agents have you seen on TV, who aren't saying the wall will help? The guy who ran the border patrol under Obama, who was fired by Trump and therefore has reason to hate Trump, says it will help and is needed.

Nancy Pelosi and Chuck Schumer know better? And what changed since 2013?
and you still have yet to address why in 2 years and control of both houses no wall but as soon as dems take the house There is suddenly a crisis ...

All your effort has been to Support Trump by any lie or excuse necessary ... just like the russian thing I remember the outrage over the Jeremiah Wright controversy

But Putin and russia is all fake news LOL
Old 01-14-2019, 10:41 AM   #5
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post
and you still have yet to address why in 2 years and control of both houses no wall but as soon as dems take the house There is suddenly a crisis ...

All your effort has been to Support Trump by any lie or excuse necessary ... just like the russian thing I remember the outrage over the Jeremiah Wright controversy

But Putin and russia is all fake news LOL
"and you still have yet to address why in 2 years and control of both houses no wall "

I have said multiple times, that Trump and the GOP ,deserve a LOT of criticism for not doing a damn thing for two years. I don't know what else to say. I would happily endorse replacing these Republicans with ones who would have gotten that done. Many, many right-leaning voters are furious that they did nothing for two years. What else do you want me to say? It's not enough to make me switch parties, but it's enough for me to say they blew it and deserve to be replaced. Because they waited, innocent federal workers are getting hurt, and that's disgusting to me. Is that fair enough?

I answered that. Now perhaps YOU can show me the same courtesy, and tell us why all the democratic leaders were all for expanded barriers in 2006 and 2013, but no wall of a sudden, walls are immoral and don't work?

I haven't seen a single issue expose just how ineffective and ugly our political process has become. This is what happens when you vote for people based on how pretty and popular they are.

"All your effort has been to Support Trump by any lie or excuse "

You have serious, serious issues either with memory or comprehension, if you believe that.

" remember the outrage over the Jeremiah Wright controversy"

I was outraged over Obama's relationship with the deranged Wright. I didn't say Obama deserved to be impeached for it.
Old 01-14-2019, 10:59 AM   #6
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

The Coast Guard is attempting to control the flow of boats, especially in areas in which illegal immigration is rampant, such as the waters next to San Diego and in parts of Florida. However, if one is truly concerned with security, especially with the inflow of terrorists, and you put such a high priority on a wall at our southern boarder and continued high security at legal ports of entry, think about how poorly our coasts are protected.
Old 01-14-2019, 12:08 PM   #7
detbuch

Quote:
The Coast Guard is attempting to control the flow of boats, especially in areas in which illegal immigration is rampant, such as the waters next to San Diego and in parts of Florida. However, if one is truly concerned with security, especially with the inflow of terrorists, and you put such a high priority on a wall at our southern boarder and continued high security at legal ports of entry, think about how poorly our coasts are protected.
If we can also do a better job of protecting the coasts, we should.
Old 01-14-2019, 11:19 AM   #8
wdmso

Quote:
"and you still have yet to address why in 2 years and control of both houses no wall "

I answered that. Now perhaps YOU can show me the same courtesy, and tell us why all the democratic leaders were all for expanded barriers in 2006 and 2013, but no wall of a sudden, walls are immoral and don't work?

I
It’s very simple in 2016 and 2013 they were negotiations and agreements and in the end signed by the potus

this wall funding demanded from Trimp is solely based on losing the midterm ... and being scolded by Ann and rush And using the shut down as cover That is what separates them
Old 01-14-2019, 11:29 AM   #9
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post
It’s very simple in 2016 and 2013 they were negotiations and agreements and in the end signed by the potus

this wall funding demanded from Trimp is solely based on losing the midterm ... and being scolded by Ann and rush And using the shut down as cover That is what separates them
you dodged, and i mean comoletely. why are the same folks who said recently we need a wall to address the crisis, now saying we don’t? what changed? why were the dems in favor of the wall then, but not
now? Answer - Trump.
Old 01-14-2019, 05:02 PM   #10
Slipknot
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by spence View Post
Illegal immigrants pay more in taxes than they receive especially social security, they can’t apply for Medicare or Medicaid or welfare or food stamps.

This isn’t fake blah, it’s well documented and the law.
Quote:
Originally Posted by spence View Post
This isn’t true. If there’s a mismatch between an SSN and name the money is held by the government in an earnings suspense file account.

I believe the SS amount illegals pay is believed to be something like 5 or 6 billion a year.

https://insider.foxnews.com/2015/03/...r6u_8nTAylHGmE

In a letter to Congress, IRS Commissioner John Koskinen defended the decision to allow illegal immigrants to get refunds from the agency.

Rep. Jim Jordan (R-Ohio) went “On The Record” tonight to explain that illegal immigrants who get a social security number can go back and apply for a refund through the earned income tax credit. He said this is due to President Barack Obama’s executive order on illegal immigration, calling it unconstitutional and unfair.

“It’s unfair to taxpayers that noncitizen illegals are gonna get this bonus that […] their tax money’s gonna be used for,” he said, adding that this “points to the patent unfairness” of Obama’s action.

Yes, they are getting tax credits even if they did not pay any taxes to begin with!

sounds like the fox is watching the henhouse again, especially since the Republicans did not fix this

https://www.forbes.com/sites/robertw.../#6cb229004c04

how do they explain that?

The United States Constitution does not exist to grant you rights; those rights are inherent within you. Rather it exists to frame a limited government so that those natural rights can be exercised freely.

1984 was a warning, not a guidebook!

It's time more people spoke up with the truth. Every time we let a leftist lie go uncorrected, the commies get stronger.