Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 08-12-2020, 04:42 PM   #31
detbuch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Got Stripers View Post
Hey you can’t argue merit points with the blue man, he’d rather elect the dumbest president this country has ever seen, that of course is a recipe for disaster on so many fronts; Covid, foreign relations, environment, the list is long.
Actually, you've just spouted a bunch of idiot talking points. You don't actually know who the dumbest President we've ever had is. I doubt that you know very much about 80 or 90 percent of them at best.

You just sit on your rhetorical toilet seat and fart out rude, ignorant, self serving turds of caca wisdom. You've been told about all these phantom "disasters" concocted by Trump and vaguely refer to them as if your pointing out self-evident reality, belching out a "long" list of three: foreign relations (what disaster? What relation has actually has been destroyed? None.), environment (What disaster? Still the same environment as when he got elected), Covid (What disaster that most of the rest of the world isn't suffering?--Germany, Britain, France, Belgium, Spain, Italy--total around 335.7 million population and 156,731 deaths, US population 331.2 million and who knows how many uncounted undocumented aliens with 166,536 deaths).

This is why democracy sucks and why we are a Republic. Average folks vote on misinformation, political propaganda, personalities, slanted biased reports, a lack of understanding how our republic is actually organized under what principles, and what power our different governments actually have, and what responsibility we individuals have, and the notion that government is supposed to give us stuff and do for us what we should do ourselves, and a lot of just plain ignorance.

Last edited by detbuch; 08-12-2020 at 04:50 PM..
Old 08-12-2020, 04:50 PM   #32
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

I don’t need much more evidence than Trumps constant foot in mouth blooper reels, whether it’s geography, history, words for $100, my word line up ten 7th graders and they would kick his ass. Hey he can identify a rhino, lion and camel, so all good in the White House. Your bar for intelligence is way to low.
Old 08-12-2020, 04:54 PM   #33
spence

Quote:
I don’t need much more evidence than Trumps constant foot in mouth blooper reels, whether it’s geography, history, words for $100, my word line up ten 7th graders and they would kick his ass. Hey he can identify a rhino, lion and camel, so all good in the White House. Your bar for intelligence is way to low.
He's just getting bitter because he's going to get crushed. Don't take it personally.
Old 08-12-2020, 05:02 PM   #34
detbuch

Quote:
Low brow sound bite wisdom. Really intelligent. This is why democracy sucks.
Old 08-12-2020, 05:11 PM   #35
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

If he were intelligent, states wouldn’t be looking at shutting down, if he were intelligent so many wouldn’t have died, testing wouldn’t still be an issue, we wouldn’t have the worst economy since the Great Depression, let’s be honest he has never been and is incapable of leadership.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Old 08-12-2020, 05:51 PM   #36
detbuch

Quote:
If he were intelligent, states wouldn’t be looking at shutting down,

It's not Trump's decision whether states shut down or not. As far as his federal responsibility, he followed the directions of the experts like Fauci, whom everybody on the left admires. He did a very good job of helping the states replenish the supplies that the states had been responsible for keeping up. He gave NY everything it asked for and more, and Cuomo actually praised him for it, but later reverted to Dem talking points. He did what the playbook left behind directed. He helped the incompetent CDC he inherited straighten out and finally produce test kits. The U.S has a massive testing regime as a result of his efforts. He instituted travel bans on China and Europe that the WHO and dems called racist and overreactive, but which Fauci said saved many lives. He instituted a hurry up campaign to find a vaccine much sooner than the usual and expected time frame.
He wasn't just playing golf or being stupid.

if he were intelligent so many wouldn’t have died, (I just showed you the stats comparing deaths in six major European countries whose total population is very similar to the U.S. and who suffered close to the same amount of deaths.) We are a vastly different country than the rest of the world, with far more complicated, divisive, reactionary, and obstructive structure, parties, and population than the rest of the world. With all of that to overcome, we have done reasonably well.

testing wouldn’t still be an issue,

Whatever testing glitches we still have are a not a result of Trump's IQ. Some other technical "experts", no doubt, have been ordered to fix it.

we wouldn’t have the worst economy since the Great Depression, let’s be honest he has never been and is incapable of leadership.
Talk about "let's be honest"!!! The world economy has collapsed due to this virus. Shutting down the economy, which all the experts and Dems said was necessary, could do nothing but destroy the economy. You would not give him credit for the best economy in the world before the pandemic, but you sure as hell blame him and his intelligence for something he could not have prevented. Are you saying he shouldn't have gone along with the shutdown? And even if he had, the Dems and experts in the various states would have done it.

What you're doing here is pure propaganda.
Old 08-12-2020, 06:55 PM   #37
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

I can’t read blue and yet there you go and politics fun!
Old 08-12-2020, 07:11 PM   #38
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
Originally Posted by detbuch View Post
Talk about "let's be honest"!!! The world economy has collapsed due to this virus. Shutting down the economy, which all the experts and Dems said was necessary, could do nothing but destroy the economy. You would not give him credit for the best economy in the world before the pandemic, but you sure as hell blame him and his intelligence for something he could not have prevented. Are you saying he shouldn't have gone along with the shutdown? And even if he had, the Dems and experts in the various states would have done it.

What you're doing here is pure propaganda.
You keep repeating the same propaganda.
Look at the rest of the developed world.
They recognized the problem, used the pandemic plan developed by the WHO in coordination with the USA for previous threats, immediately started sourcing PPE, Tests and developing tracking/tracing protocols.
They are on the road to control of this pandemic and their economies are recovering.
Meanwhile Tweety claimed it was a hoax, would one day disappear, end with warm weather and on and on.
His failure to lead in this disaster is destroying whatever claims to greatness he could have made.
Now he’s moved to important stuff like saving us from low flow showerheads and energy saving light bulbs

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Niles: You have met “people”, haven’t you?

Lets Go Darwin
Old 08-12-2020, 08:18 PM   #39
detbuch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete F. View Post
You keep repeating the same propaganda.

It's not propaganda.

Look at the rest of the developed world.

I did.

They recognized the problem, used the pandemic plan developed by the WHO in coordination with the USA for previous threats,

That's a vague statement. This has all been discussed over and over and over. Don't talk as if the WHO was a shining example. It was part of the problem in delaying reaction to the virus. And the world suffered for that. It criticized Trump for his travel ban. It downplayed the seriousness of the virus early on siding with Chinese propaganda.

immediately started sourcing PPE, Tests and developing tracking/tracing protocols.

Nothing was done immediately by anybody other than China which knew what happened and didn't fess up till it was too late. If China had contained the virus when it knew, there would be immensely fewer infections in the rest of the world. The virus had already left china and began its worldwide infection before anybody new what was happening. Others were ahead on testing because our CDC chose not to use WHO kits but to produce their own supposedly better ("It has been long-standing practice for CDC scientists in emergencies to develop the first diagnostic tests, in part because the CDC has access to samples of the virus before others, officials said. Later, private companies that win FDA authorization can scale up efforts to meet demand."), but botched that and the administration had to change the FDA regulation that prevented private labs from producing kits without the rigorous FDA approval regime. Other countries did not have such rigorous restrictions and could more quickly produce test kits. "the U.S. efforts to distribute a working test stalled until Feb. 28, when federal officials revised the CDC test and began loosening up FDA rules that had limited who could develop coronavirus diagnostic tests." The regulatory system we had in place was the very obstacle to fulfilling its own mission.

They are on the road to control of this pandemic and their economies are recovering.

We are on the road to control. There has been a worldwide surge. But there are signs that it may be getting better.
Gloom and doom does not help. Nor does over-optimism. And our economy seems to be making a comeback.

Meanwhile Tweety claimed it was a hoax, would one day disappear, end with warm weather and on and on.

See, THAT'S propaganda that you keep repeating even after you've been corrected a few times. Here's this from Snopes: "During a Feb. 28, 2020, campaign rally in South Carolina, President Donald Trump likened the Democrats' criticism of his administration's response to the new coronavirus outbreak to their efforts to impeach him, saying "this is their new hoax. . . Despite creating some confusion with his remarks, Trump did not call the coronavirus itself a hoax."

And the notion that it would "disappear" with warm weather was an idea floated around by the "experts" except that it wouldn't totally disappear but would not be as effective in warmer weather and would quickly be killed on surfaces heated up by sunlight.

His failure to lead in this disaster is destroying whatever claims to greatness he could have made.

It is obvious propaganda to say that he failed to lead. You obviously don't like his efforts, none-the-less, he did a lot of leading.

Now he’s moved to important stuff like saving us from low flow showerheads and energy saving light bulbs
Ha Ha, very funny.

Last edited by detbuch; 08-12-2020 at 08:46 PM..
Old 08-13-2020, 06:13 AM   #40
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
Ha Ha, very funny.
No, just SAD
Like his failure to lead
The case against Tweety’s administration is open and shut. Just look where they’ve gotten us:”

Millions out of work.
Millions of kids who cannot go back to school.
A crisis of poverty, of homelessness.
More than 170,000 lives that have been cut short.
And a thousand more each day dying
It’s time to say You’re Fired

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Lets Go Darwin
Old 08-13-2020, 10:04 AM   #41
detbuch

Quote:
No, just SAD
Like his failure to lead

He has fulfilled his constitutional executive responsibility very well. He has not been the dictator you think a President should be.

The case against Tweety’s administration is open and shut. Just look where they’ve gotten us:”

Millions out of work.

This is a worldwide economic phenomenon caused by COVID, not by Trump. Trump's policies had put people back into the workplace that had been out of it. And the economy, once it opened up, began a rebound. The closing of the economy was the "experts" recommendation. Trump probably would have preferred not to close it down. Sweden didn't, there economy didn't take the hit, and they flattened the curve. Trump pushed for the economy to open up and was criticized for it. It's rebound is due to re-opening the economy that the "experts" and the Dems say we shouldn't, and if we didn't, the economy would be destroyed and take a lot longer to regenerate, if at all. Which would benefit the leftist's desire to put the peoples hope and trust fully and only on the government rather than private initiative.

Millions of kids who cannot go back to school.

They can, and should. The Progressives don't want that.

A crisis of poverty, of homelessness.
More than 170,000 lives that have been cut short.
And a thousand more each day dying
It’s time to say You’re Fired
No, it's time to bring back the market oriented policies that Trump created, and let the economy flourish again rather than further suppressing it in order to damage it beyond repair.
Old 08-13-2020, 10:06 AM   #42
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
No, it's time to bring back the market oriented policies that Trump created, and let the economy flourish again rather than further suppressing it in order to damage it beyond repair.
He inherited the longest economic expansion in history and then, like everything else he inherited, he ran it into the ground.

Lets Go Darwin
Old 08-13-2020, 10:36 AM   #43
detbuch

Quote:
He inherited the longest economic expansion in history and then, like everything else he inherited, he ran it into the ground.
That is an absolute lie. "Longest economic expansion in history" doesn't mean that at the time he "inherited it," it was expanding at rate that would get unemployed people back to work, or to expand the actual number of jobs and businesses, or to create an environment that could attract many of the businesses that found it more profitable to operate elsewhere. It was pessimistically referred to as an anemic "new normal."

Trump did not run that into the ground, rather, against Democrat, leftist, Progressive predictions, that he would, he dramatically made it roar.

What ran that into the ground was the closing down of the economy, which arguably was not necessary to do in such a draconian fashion that the "experts" demanded.

This Covid thing was the last best hope for the Dems to bring Trump down. And they are playing it for all it's worth and more. He did not cause the virus. And his handling of executive duties was not the cause of it being some proclaimed disaster. Check the number of deaths in the US vs the combined number of deaths in these six European countries, Germany, France, italy, UK, Belgium, and Austria whose combined total population is close to the population of the U.S.. The death toll is not that different. And we have a far more adversary political and media opposition to Trump's ability to act than most of those countries have to slow down or defeat their executives policies.

Last edited by detbuch; 08-13-2020 at 10:49 AM..
Old 08-13-2020, 11:20 AM   #44
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
That is an absolute lie. "Longest economic expansion in history" doesn't mean that at the time he "inherited it," it was expanding at rate that would get unemployed people back to work, or to expand the actual number of jobs and businesses, or to create an environment that could attract many of the businesses that found it more profitable to operate elsewhere. It was pessimistically referred to as an anemic "new normal."
The growth in all economic factors never experienced a bump, it has gone on the same path for years. The biggest jump was in what we owe.

Trump did not run that into the ground, rather, against Democrat, leftist, Progressive predictions, that he would, he dramatically made it roar.
Tweety's failure was expected, it's been the hallmark of his life.
He propped the aging expansion using every tool possible and prior to Covid we were further in the hole than ever before in a growing economy.

What ran that into the ground was the closing down of the economy, which arguably was not necessary to do in such a draconian fashion that the "experts" demanded.

All the countries you cite, really shut down their economies and are now experiencing less than 10% of the deaths and new cases that we are and are going back to normalcy, carefully.

This Covid thing was the last best hope for the Dems to bring Trump down. And they are playing it for all it's worth and more. He did not cause the virus. And his handling of executive duties was not the cause of it being some proclaimed disaster. His failure to administer and lead was. Check the number of deaths in the US vs the combined number of deaths in these six European countries, Germany, France, italy, UK, Belgium, and Austria whose combined total population is close to the population of the U.S.. The death toll is not that different. And we have a far more adversary political and media opposition to Trump's ability to act than most of those countries have to slow down or defeat their executives policies.

When Tweety doesn't like COVID numbers, he stops testing.

When Tweety doesn't like census numbers, he stops counting.

When Tweety doesn't like vote tallies, he stops the mail from delivering them.

& when Tweety doesn't like intelligence, he stops listening:

Last seven days which is the data that matters in controlling the virus, looking at total deaths is like saying how great Striped Bass do, look at how many there have been.

The countries you cited
Deaths 534
New cases 34,450

USA
Deaths 7384
New cases 376,435

Tweety's lies and incompetence have lead to the greatest outbreak of Corona in the world.

There’s no football. Grandparents can’t leave their home. Kids aren’t going to school.

Tweety has wrecked the American way of life.

Lets Go Darwin
Old 08-13-2020, 02:27 PM   #45
detbuch

Quote:
The growth in all economic factors never experienced a bump, it has gone on the same path for years. The biggest jump was in what we owe.

As of October 2019, shortly before the Covid effect

"the average pace of job growth has been an impressive 179,000 jobs per month over the past year, and job gains have surpassed 100,000 in 31 of the 34 months since President Trump was elected. Considering the unprecedented length of the expansion and the low unemployment rate, continued job growth at this point demonstrates that today’s labor market is historically strong."

"The unemployment rate fell to 3.5 percent in September, marking the 19th consecutive month at or below 4 percent unemployment. The unemployment rate is the lowest it has been since May 1969—over 50 years ago."

"With a 50-year low for the unemployment rate and consistent job gains, the September employment data make it clear that the American labor market remains historically strong."

That is in no way, as you claim, running the economy into the ground.

Tweety's failure was expected, it's been the hallmark of his life.
He propped the aging expansion using every tool possible and prior to Covid we were further in the hole than ever before in a growing economy.

He didn't fail. He used "every tool possible" (that's called leadership and administration) to continue the economic expansion into historical strength.

All the countries you cite, really shut down their economies and are now experiencing less than 10% of the deaths and new cases that we are and are going back to normalcy, carefully.

Trump doesn't have the authority to shut down the economy. The states have the power to do that within their borders. The political systems of EU countries provide a more direct executive control than our federated system. I would guess that you prefer a more authoritarian system than we have. In the meantime, you will continue to criticize Trump for not being more of a dictator.

When Tweety doesn't like COVID numbers, he stops testing.

Testing has not stopped.

When Tweety doesn't like census numbers, he stops counting.

Has the counting stopped? September 31 is the deadline. Deadline was moved from the official end of July date to October 31. Then moved up to September 31. Still time for folks to get their forms in. I sent mine in a long time ago. Our mayor is begging everyone to fill out their forms. Seems like there has been plenty of time to do it, but a lot have not.

When Tweety doesn't like vote tallies, he stops the mail from delivering them.

The Post office has been ordered not to deliver them? Didn't here about that.

& when Tweety doesn't like intelligence, he stops listening:

Far as I know, he still listens.

Last seven days which is the data that matters in controlling the virus, looking at total deaths is like saying how great Striped Bass do, look at how many there have been.

The "last seven days" changes every seven days, sometimes gets better, sometimes gets worse. Probably were seven day stretches before that looked good for us. Otherwise, how can totals be fairly similar now. The overall figures from day one to now have not significantly changed in the past seven days and have not pointed out some disaster in the U.S. response.

Tweety's lies and incompetence have lead to the greatest outbreak of Corona in the world.

China's lies have led to that. The initial WHO incompetence didn't help. His inherited bungling regulatory agencies didn't help. But that was corrected.

There’s no football. Grandparents can’t leave their home. Kids aren’t going to school.

Tweety has wrecked the American way of life.
Those aren't Trump's prerogative nor choice to call.
NFL is still scheduled to play. Baseball is being played. Grandma can leave home. You can go to Grandma's.

So far, the American way of government has not yet been totally divorced from our Constitution. Keep voting in Progressives, and that American way of government will be wrecked.

Last edited by detbuch; 08-13-2020 at 04:05 PM..
Old 08-13-2020, 08:16 PM   #46
Pete F.
Canceled

Silly boy how many Americans died today from COVID-19?
You always skip the information that refutes your weak argument

The countries you cited
Deaths 534
New cases 34,450

USA
Deaths 7384
New cases 376,435

Hard to believe you’re impressed with the barking carnival clown
Old 08-13-2020, 09:29 PM   #47
detbuch

Quote:
Silly boy how many Americans died today from COVID-19?
You always skip the information that refutes your weak argument

The countries you cited
Deaths 534
New cases 34,450

USA
Deaths 7384
New cases 376,435

I didn't skip this. I commented on it. But when you first brought it up you said the figures were for the last seven days. Now you're saying it's for today even though today is not over.
The last full day report was for Wednesday 1424 deaths.

Hard to believe you’re impressed with the barking carnival clown
Why do you keep saying that I've said something I didn't. I didn't say I was impressed with Trump--I assume that's who you mean by the barking clown. If you mean barking clowns in general, or some actual barking clown, I didn't claim to be impressed by any of those.
Old 08-14-2020, 05:24 AM   #48
scottw

Quote:

Why do you keep saying that I've said something I didn't.
it's like the plague with these people
Old 08-14-2020, 06:35 AM   #49
Pete F.
Canceled

The national debt:

👉 up $3.5T from the beginning of Tweety’s term to covid;

👉 up another $3T since then
Old 08-14-2020, 06:36 AM   #50
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottw View Post
it's like the plague with these people
But it won’t kill you like the Trump Plague

Lets Go Darwin
Old 08-14-2020, 08:45 AM   #51
detbuch

Quote:
The national debt:

👉 up $3.5T from the beginning of Tweety’s term to covid;

👉 up another $3T since then
Congress is up to its usual spending money that we don't have. It have been doing this consistently for a century. And 3T is not worth what it was 10 years ago. Do you think Biden will convince Congress to lower the national debt?
Old 08-14-2020, 08:55 AM   #52
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
Congress is up to its usual spending money that we don't have. It have been doing this consistently for a century. And 3T is not worth what it was 10 years ago. Do you think Biden will convince Congress to lower the national debt?
He could just promise like his predecessor, remember nobody knows debt like Tweety, bankruptcy, tax dodging and con jobs are his specialty.

Lets Go Darwin
Old 08-14-2020, 09:30 AM   #53
detbuch

Quote:
He could just promise like his predecessor, remember nobody knows debt like Tweety, bankruptcy, tax dodging and con jobs are his specialty.
Keep believing that Biden will be a boon to the national debt.