Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 11-14-2015, 08:32 PM   #1
Sea Dangles

The French attack

Holy crap, if this isn't a reminder that the ultra- religious are a dangerous foe regardless of sect. Nothing can prepare the world for the senseless atrocities that occur in the name of a spiritual leader. History dictates nothing good results from senseless devotion.

PRO CHOICE REPUBLICAN
Old 11-14-2015, 08:48 PM   #2
Nebe

All over imaginary friends. What a sad event.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Old 11-14-2015, 09:03 PM   #3
Raider Ronnie

Send a message via AIM to Raider Ronnie
Get ready.
It's coming to a neighborhood near you.
Old 11-14-2015, 10:53 PM   #4
Doover

Send a message via AIM to Doover
Exclamation

No worries here. Cowards do not shoot people what shoot back.

ISAIAH 3:9

Romans 1:26-27
Old 11-15-2015, 07:58 AM   #5
BigBo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doover View Post
No worries here. Cowards do not shoot people what shoot back.
You're in for a world of disappointment if that's what you believe.

The future ain't what it used to be. --Yogi Berra
Old 11-15-2015, 08:06 AM   #6
Raven

heard the State police practicing
on veterans day or maybe the day before

but....Holy crap! it sounded like a war going ON
Old 11-15-2015, 08:36 AM   #7
nightfighter
Seldom Seen

Time for a unified world to come together.... waiting for Russia and China to join up with a worldwide coalition to target the leadership and majority of ISIS fighters in theater.... Impossible to be rid of every cell worldwide, but it needs to be a worldwide effort.

The refugee dilemma has now come home to roost as well. Recently saw a map of where Syrian refugees had moved to in the US. Talk about the enemy within.... I'm not saying every Muslim is a terrorist, but it seems every modern terrorist is a Muslim......
Old 11-15-2015, 10:28 AM   #8
spence

Quote:
Originally Posted by nightfighter View Post
Time for a unified world to come together.... waiting for Russia and China to join up with a worldwide coalition to target the leadership and majority of ISIS fighters in theater.... Impossible to be rid of every cell worldwide, but it needs to be a worldwide effort.
I think we're at that point. If they can cut a deal on Assad and Russia's naval base it could happen but there are a lot of competing interests. Reminds me of the Hobbit.

Quote:
The refugee dilemma has now come home to roost as well. Recently saw a map of where Syrian refugees had moved to in the US. Talk about the enemy within.... I'm not saying every Muslim is a terrorist, but it seems every modern terrorist is a Muslim......
I think that actions like this are meant to provoke a reaction more than anything else. I wouldn't be surprised if they sent the guy through Greece as a refuge precisely to stoke anti-Islamic fear...and hopefully...trigger Islamophobic hate crimes.
Old 11-15-2015, 12:44 PM   #9
JohnR
Certifiable Intertidal Anguiologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by spence View Post
I think we're at that point. If they can cut a deal on Assad and Russia's naval base it could happen but there are a lot of competing interests. Reminds me of the Hobbit.
The devil you know...

Quote:
Originally Posted by spence View Post
I think that actions like this are meant to provoke a reaction more than anything else. I wouldn't be surprised if they sent the guy through Greece as a refuge precisely to stoke anti-Islamic fear...and hopefully...trigger Islamophobic hate crimes.
Terrorism is by default to promote terror and instability and fear but these IS folks are reaching to far loftier goals. They are religious fanatics that want to bring the end times prophecies and see their Caliphate as the way to attract the "Crusaders" into the battle to end all battles to the areas of Syria that predate what we call Syria today. Ironically, there now and in surrounding areas on the ground or in the air include: Syria, Russia, Iran, US, Israel, Turkey, France, UK, and plenty of Arab, European, and Asian countries.

I don't believe in those "End-Times" as I am pretty sure you don't either, but we don't need to believe in that. They do. Wo while we are not interested in these prophecies, those that do believe are interested in us.

~Fix the Bait~ ~Pogies Forever~

Striped Bass Fishing - All Stripers

Kobayashi Maru Election - there is no way to win.

Apocalypse is Coming:
Old 11-15-2015, 01:06 PM   #10
Nebe

Does Ben Carson believe in the end times? That's what scares me.
Old 11-15-2015, 02:37 PM   #11
afterhours
Afterhours Custom Plugs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nebe View Post
no doubt he does....but not to worry the more he opens his mouth the further from the wh he gets.

www.afterhoursplugs.com

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Afterh...428173?created

Instagram - afterhourscustom

Official S-B.com Sponsor

GAMEFISH NOW

"A GAMEFISH (WHICH STRIPED BASS SHOULD BE) IS TOO VALUABLE TO BE CAUGHT ONLY ONCE"...LEE WULFF
Old 11-15-2015, 06:26 PM   #12
Doover

Exclamation

Quote:
So, you are worried about what a future President might do, while you have no observations of what OweBlamerLiars failed policy's have done.

Old 11-15-2015, 06:28 PM   #13
Nebe

Did you graduate high school ?
Old 11-15-2015, 06:36 PM   #14
Doover

Exclamation

Quote:
Did you graduate high school ?
Jeepers, a gratuitous personal attack of no redeeming value.

Snappy come back.

Old 11-16-2015, 12:18 AM   #15
FishermanTim

Any considerations given to "peace talks" or "friendly discussions" would be a waste of time. When you are dealing with radical religious whack-jobs, there is nothing you can do to deter them from their radical extremes short of a .44 to the head.

I am a legend in my own mind!
Old 11-16-2015, 07:53 AM   #16
JohnR
Certifiable Intertidal Anguiologist

Yes, where can we find a modern Unconditional Surrender Grant.

I do not see any grand summit of leaders including the Arab world that will curb this growing violence. Even if you are not interested in it, the violence is interested in you. So while discussions of increasing the educational and economic opportunities to "disaffected" North African and Arab youth and men is nice nice, it is merely a supporting action. Can this be stopped without large scale warfare? Can this be curtailed?

I would hope so but I do not think it is remotely possible. Particularly with the leadership we have today.

~Fix the Bait~ ~Pogies Forever~

Striped Bass Fishing - All Stripers

Kobayashi Maru Election - there is no way to win.

Apocalypse is Coming:
Old 11-16-2015, 08:02 AM   #17
Nebe

Remove all US military from the Middle East. Let them go back to the stone ages where they want to be.
Oh wait. Oil.
Old 11-16-2015, 08:29 AM   #18
Doover

Exclamation

Quote:
Remove all US military from the Middle East. Let them go back to the stone ages where they want to be.
Oh wait. Oil.
Oh darn. Yet another well worn but factually incorrect Democrap talking point.
The US is a wash in oil and gas.

Old 11-16-2015, 10:10 AM   #19
fishpoopoo
Wipe My Bottom

Question

Some interesting food for thought.

The leadership of ISIS is comprised of former Iraqi military and intelligence officers. Saddam Hussein was their former boss.

These aren't religious crazies. Quite the opposite, actually, they are cold, calculating, and absolutely ruthless.

They recruit religious crazies to do their dirty work (violence to achieve a political end).

What has become ISIS has taken advantage of our exit from Iraq. This has allowed them to flourish unimpeded.

Quote:

http://blogs.reuters.com/great-debat...islamic-state/

...we cannot forget that Islamic State came to the world stage barely over a year ago, when it took Mosul and subsequently one third of Iraq as well as one third of Syria in a matter of weeks. Some of the terror group’s major advances on the ground took mere hours, advances that Obama later said will take years to roll back.
There is no sharply defined border that defines ISIS land. Otherwise we (or France) would have simply nuked it. Which makes the job of mopping them up harder.

Quote:

http://blogs.reuters.com/great-debat...islamic-state/

“We never thought the West would allow a group like ISIS to expand, but now I know that we have been played. We have been extremely stupid,” one anti-Islamic State rebel told me on condition of anonymity to protect his family. He sounded embittered by what he called a shocking and swift victory for the group, and he spoke to me from his car, which he said he had parked just outside an Internet cafe to piggy-back on the Wi-Fi signal without anyone hearing our conversation. He said Islamic State had setup checkpoints everywhere.

“The only thing that makes sense to us is that the world wants to dump all its trash here,” he said, referring to the Islamic State jihadists, whom he said were mainly non-Syrian, but other Arab nationals, Chechens, and Westerners. “And then the West will come and bomb them all. This must be the strategy because nothing else makes any sense.
Unless you want to commit genocide, this is going to be very difficult to tackle.

It should be clear to everyone, regardless of political affiliation, that there is a war of values being waged.

This war is fully supported by 20-25% of all muslims who actively believe in violent jihad. The remainder, the so-called moderates, wouldn't mind if the 25% cut your head off.

There is a resurgence in fundamentalist islam which is being pushed by wahabbi scholars. This is attracting young men. The enabling mechanism by which this is being spread is the infinite reach and richness of the internet and social media.

The idea that grinding poverty and injustice as a root cause has been discredited. Remember that the Tsarnaevs were "refugees" who have been extended every possible advantage while living in Boston. The POS that shot up Chattanooga, TN earlier this year was not a disadvantaged youth. You can take the radical out of 3rd world $hitholes, but you can't take the savage out of the radical no matter where you are.

There is something objectively wrong with a religion that promotes the killing and rape of innocents and outright lying.

Islam is an ugly religion with ugly adherents. There is no way around this. F*ck islam.

There is no such thing moderate islam. Just "no islam."

France and even Sweden closed their borders.

It's time we do the same.

This time around, we have animals hiding amongst the wretched refuse that want to blow us up, shoot us and cut our heads off.

Islam doesn't police its own and we can't easily distinguish the crazies from the "moderates."

Old 11-16-2015, 10:38 AM   #20
fishpoopoo
Wipe My Bottom

Lightbulb

Not all muslims do bad deeds.

But if there are 1.6 billion muslims, and 1/4 of them believe in violent jihad ... the math screams that the "moderates" are irrelevant.

Old 11-16-2015, 10:41 AM   #21
fishpoopoo
Wipe My Bottom

Old 11-16-2015, 10:44 AM   #22
Nebe

Isn't that what hitter said about the Jews to justify shipping them all off to the gas chambers ?
Old 11-16-2015, 10:47 AM   #23
fishpoopoo
Wipe My Bottom

Did the Jews blow up and shoot innocent people?

Does anything in the Torah say kill and rape innocents and lie?

Even if it did ... do Jews do that?

Old 11-16-2015, 10:53 AM   #24
fishpoopoo
Wipe My Bottom

Lightbulb

This is the kind of behavior that liberal multiculturalists embrace.

There is nothing redeeming about this type of behavior or belief system.

islam is fundamentally incompatible with western values associated with civility. period. end of story.

Quote:

World | Tue Sep 10, 2013 12:58pm EDT Related: WORLD, UNITED NATIONS, YEMEN

Child bride in Yemen dies of internal bleeding on wedding night: activist

An eight-year-old Yemeni girl died of internal bleeding on her wedding night after marrying a man five times her age, a social activist and two local residents said, in a case that has caused an outcry in the media and revived debate about child brides.

Arwa Othman, head of Yemen House of Folklore and a leading rights campaigner, said the girl, identified only as Rawan, was married to a 40-year-old man late last week in the town of Meedi in Hajjah province in northwestern Yemen.

"On the wedding night and after intercourse, she suffered from bleeding and uterine rupture which caused her death," Othman told Reuters. "They took her to a clinic but the medics couldn't save her life."

Othman said authorities had not taken any action against the girl's family or her husband.

A local security official in the provincial town of Haradh denied any such incident had taken place. He did not want to be identified because he was not authorized to speak to the press.

But two Meedi residents contacted by Reuters confirmed the incident and said that local tribal chiefs had tried to cover up the incident when news first broke, warning a local journalist against covering the story.

Many poor families in Yemen marry off young daughters to save on the costs of bringing up a child and earn extra money from the dowry given to the girl.

A U.N. report released in January revealed the extent of the country's poverty, saying that 10.5 million of Yemen's 24 million people lacked sufficient food supplies, and 13 million had no access to safe water and basic sanitation.

Human Rights Watch urged Yemen's government in December 2011 to ban marriages of girls under the age of 18, warning it deprived child brides of education and harmed their health.

Quoting United Nations and government data, HRW said nearly 14 percent of Yemeni girls were married before the age of 15 and 52 percent before the age of 18. The group said many Yemeni child brides-to-be are kept from school when they reach puberty.

Discussions on the issue were shelved by political turmoil following protests against President Ali Abdullah Saleh in 2011 that led to his ouster.

(Reporting by Mohammed Ghobari; Writing by Mahmoud Habboush; editing by Mike Collett-White)

Old 11-16-2015, 10:57 AM   #25
fishpoopoo
Wipe My Bottom

What is the world's fastest growing religion?

Take a wild guess.

http://www.cnn.com/2015/04/02/living...tudy-religion/

Old 11-16-2015, 11:22 AM   #26
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sea Dangles View Post
Holy crap, if this isn't a reminder that the ultra- religious are a dangerous foe regardless of sect. Nothing can prepare the world for the senseless atrocities that occur in the name of a spiritual leader. History dictates nothing good results from senseless devotion.
"the ultra- religious are a dangerous foe regardless of sect"

Regardless of sect? No difference in the threat posed by a Muslim radical and an ultra-devout Amish person?

We can't we just say what is obviously true?
Old 11-16-2015, 11:25 AM   #27
Jim in CT

Quote:
Isn't that what hitter said about the Jews to justify shipping them all off to the gas chambers ?

Jesus God Almighty Nebe, were the Jews flying planes into buildings into Berlin?

Yes, that's what Hitler said about the Jews, but he was talking jibberish, because he was insane.
Old 11-16-2015, 11:26 AM   #28
fishpoopoo
Wipe My Bottom

We shouldn't be afraid to say it like we see it.

We should stop trying to be so polite and politically correct. It can literally kill us.

We can rightly criticize the values that this garbage religion professes. Doesn't have to be about race.

Old 11-16-2015, 11:27 AM   #29
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishpoopoo View Post

islam is fundamentally incompatible with western values associated with civility. period. end of story.
It's time to start having this exact conversation. If there are 2 billion Muslims in the world, and 1% are radicalized, that's 20 million radicals.

I have sympathy for peace-loving Muslims. But if they cannot, or will not, exert any influence on the 1% who are doing these things, then they are forcing our hand.
Old 11-16-2015, 11:29 AM   #30
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishpoopoo View Post
We shouldn't be afraid to say it like we see it.

We should stop trying to be so polite and politically correct. It can literally kill us.

We can rightly criticize the values that this garbage religion professes. Doesn't have to be about race.
racisthatecrimeintolerantislamophobewaronwomenhomo phobe.