Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

     

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Right Nav

Left Container Right Container
 

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 10-13-2020, 01:00 PM   #121
scottw
Registered User
iTrader: (0)
 
scottw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 9,935
Quote:
Originally Posted by Got Stripers View Post
OK must be bad planning, can't possibly anything but, MY BAD.
the same people will camp out over night in front of Walmart to get a good deal on tv...what is more important?
scottw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2020, 01:42 PM   #122
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits
iTrader: (0)
 
Got Stripers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: I live in a house, but my soul is at sea.
Posts: 6,794
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottw View Post
the same people will camp out over night in front of Walmart to get a good deal on tv...what is more important?
You must have been really good at dodge ball in school, because you keep dodging the questions and points being raised, there is something very wrong when I can vote in ten minutes and others need to wait in line for 5-10 hours. Please spin that into its easy for anyone to vote.
Got Stripers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2020, 02:13 PM   #123
detbuch
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 6,470
Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post
some locations stretched more than five hours long, particularly in the Atlanta metro area.

I guess you dont see this as a problem.. So do I stand in line for 5 hrs and risk getting fired or losing a days Pay.. or do I stand in line for 5 hrs because some party removed polling places in the hopes I dont vote


5 hrs in line is voter suppression reguardless
So we have had voter suppression for over 200 years in this country? And, BTW, Republican voters would also be standing in lines.

Counties are responsible for the number and placement of polling places in Georgia. If there are not enough places or machines, it is up to the County. "Fulton County [which includes the Atlanta metro area] is one of the most reliably Democratic counties in the entire nation." It's up to the Fulton Co. Democrats to provide enough polling places and machines. The County administration said the waiting times were a result of a glitch in the voting pads.
detbuch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2020, 02:38 PM   #124
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits
iTrader: (0)
 
Got Stripers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: I live in a house, but my soul is at sea.
Posts: 6,794
Quote:
Originally Posted by detbuch View Post
So we have had voter suppression for over 200 years in this country? And, BTW, Republican voters would also be standing in lines.

Counties are responsible for the number and placement of polling places in Georgia. If there are not enough places or machines, it is up to the County. "Fulton County [which includes the Atlanta metro area] is one of the most reliably Democratic counties in the entire nation." It's up to the Fulton Co. Democrats to provide enough polling places and machines. The County administration said the waiting times were a result of a glitch in the voting pads.
So nearly 70% of that county voted democratic last presidential election, why would they want to put more polling places in so more people can vote, you have to consider the voting history and local government, everything plays into why certain places are making it harder to vote.
Got Stripers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2020, 03:08 PM   #125
detbuch
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 6,470
Quote:
Originally Posted by Got Stripers View Post
So nearly 70% of that county voted democratic last presidential election, why would they want to put more polling places in so more people can vote, you have to consider the voting history and local government, everything plays into why certain places are making it harder to vote.
I'm assuming that the heavy Democrat voting pedigree would put Democrats in charge of the county. The county is in charge of how many polling places and where their located and how many machines they have. I don't know why Democrats would want to make voting harder by not having enough polling places or machines. They did say the problem was a glitch in the voting pads. Maybe it was incompetence. Or just a temporary glitch.
detbuch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2020, 03:58 PM   #126
scottw
Registered User
iTrader: (0)
 
scottw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 9,935
Quote:
Originally Posted by detbuch View Post

I'm assuming that the heavy Democrat voting pedigree would put Democrats in charge of the county. The county is in charge of how many polling places and where their located and how many machines they have. I don't know why Democrats would want to make voting harder by not having enough polling places or machines.
those democrat districts always seem to have lots of problems with their machines

Last edited by scottw; 10-13-2020 at 04:11 PM..
scottw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2020, 04:10 PM   #127
scottw
Registered User
iTrader: (0)
 
scottw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 9,935
Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post
sure i would love to hear how you think they are so different
absentee ballots are "requested"..you have to fill out a request for one, there is a process

in most cases you used to have to provide a reason why you needed an absentee ballot

some states have eliminated the requirement for a reason to get an absentee ballot

some states are mailing out absentee ballot applications regardless of whether they are requested or not

some states are mailing out ballots whether they are requested or not

not everyone wants to vote, if they do there are easy ways to accomplish that...voting is a personal thing...democrats seem determined to badger the population, particularly their presumed voters who are apparently incompetent without the assistance of democrats to vote whether they want to or not(they refer to this as making it easier)


so the difference between the two is the absentee ballot is requested by the voter and the voter goes through the process of applying for and then receiving and then submitting his/her ballot

what democrats seem anxious to have happen is for ballots to be mass mailed to everyone and then collect and count what comes back in the mail or drop box which is very different than requesting an absentee ballot
scottw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2020, 04:13 PM   #128
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits
iTrader: (0)
 
Got Stripers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: I live in a house, but my soul is at sea.
Posts: 6,794
North and south are two different party strongholds be interested to learn which has these reported long lines due to shortages of polling places.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Got Stripers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2020, 04:45 PM   #129
scottw
Registered User
iTrader: (0)
 
scottw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 9,935
Quote:
Originally Posted by Got Stripers View Post
North and south are two different party strongholds be interested to learn which has these reported long lines due to shortages of polling places.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
I'm sure the republicans were keeping everyone from voting everywhere
scottw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2020, 05:01 AM   #130
scottw
Registered User
iTrader: (0)
 
scottw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 9,935
I joked that next, the democrats will want to pay people to vote(the ones that they don't already pay to do so)...but apparently they've introduced legislation...


Senator Ron Wyden (D., Ore.) tweeted, pivoting to promote his own piece of legislation — which would pay voters $100 to wait in line for at least 90 minutes.

The "People Over Long Lines" Act

I'd like this applied to convenience stores...it is ridiculous that I have to stand in line and wait to hand the clerk $1.10 for the coffee that I got myself while some moron can't decide which scratch ticket he/she wants....and the GOVERNMENT is the source of the scratch tickets...which means the government is keeping me for getting my Constitutionally guaranteed coffee(pursuit of happiness)...
scottw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2020, 05:21 AM   #131
wdmso
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Somerset MA
Posts: 5,326
Quote:
Originally Posted by detbuch View Post
So we have had voter suppression for over 200 years in this country? And, BTW, Republican voters would also be standing in lines.
Neither make it acceptable
wdmso is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2020, 05:29 AM   #132
wdmso
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Somerset MA
Posts: 5,326
So if Trump wins can I say he not legitimate POTUS because of all the Fraud he and his supporters insist is going to happen ?

Or will this Fraud only materialize or be considered if Trump losses?
wdmso is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2020, 05:37 AM   #133
scottw
Registered User
iTrader: (0)
 
scottw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 9,935
Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post

So if Trump wins can I say he not legitimate POTUS\
you can say whatever you want...it's America

just don't spray paint stuff, smash windows, burn buildings, block roadways, assault others and generally annoy other Americans who don't want to be annoyed by you because that would be wrong....
scottw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2020, 11:12 AM   #134
Pete F.
Canceled
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: vt
Posts: 8,848
Let me make this connection for you.

The 200+ Federal Judges Donald Trump appointed with Mitch McConnell ARE THE JUDGES voting to suppress votes nationwide, including Texas. All three of those judges were Trump appointees.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Pete F. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2020, 11:31 AM   #135
detbuch
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 6,470
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete F. View Post
Let me make this connection for you.

The 200+ Federal Judges Donald Trump appointed with Mitch McConnell ARE THE JUDGES voting to suppress votes nationwide, including Texas. All three of those judges were Trump appointees.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
I doubt that what they decided on was actually labeled or used the phrase "voter suppression." What was important is whether or not whatever was being litigated was constitutional or legal.
detbuch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2020, 08:13 AM   #136
wdmso
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Somerset MA
Posts: 5,326
Saw an interview with the Texas lt Governor over the Drop box issue . This was the question to him

You dont see the issue of 1 drop box for a county the size of RI having 1 drop box yet another county with 200 people also get 1 drop box

He said no I see no issue
Then went on to complain about voter fraud with out evidence.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
wdmso is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2020, 03:59 AM   #137
scottw
Registered User
iTrader: (0)
 
scottw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 9,935
you can really feel the enthusiasm for the democrat ticket!!!


Kamala Harris was in Asheville, NC on Wednesday for a campaign rally ina hotly contested state, but almost nobody showed up. The cameras, upon zooming out and panning around at the get-out the vote event, showed just six people present.

Joe and Kamala have more secret service members at their campaign events than supporters

love how she says "hi, asheville"...when 99.994% of asheville(pop around 100,000) isn't there

scottw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2020, 07:17 AM   #138
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits
iTrader: (0)
 
Got Stripers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: I live in a house, but my soul is at sea.
Posts: 6,794
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottw View Post
you can really feel the enthusiasm for the democrat ticket!!!


Kamala Harris was in Asheville, NC on Wednesday for a campaign rally ina hotly contested state, but almost nobody showed up. The cameras, upon zooming out and panning around at the get-out the vote event, showed just six people present.

Joe and Kamala have more secret service members at their campaign events than supporters

love how she says "hi, asheville"...when 99.994% of asheville(pop around 100,000) isn't there

Maybe the locals got the Proud Boys email saying vote for Trump or else. I guess they aren’t standing by any longer.
Got Stripers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2020, 08:20 AM   #139
scottw
Registered User
iTrader: (0)
 
scottw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 9,935
Quote:
Originally Posted by Got Stripers View Post
Maybe the locals got the Proud Boys email saying vote for Trump or else. I guess they aren’t standing by any longer.
that would be the least likely reason....the most likely reason is that nobody likes her and she's running as part of the worst ticket in American presidential election history ....but don't worry biden/harris is leading by like 27 points nationally


weren't those supposed proud boyz emails actually from iran?...probably using money obama gave them
scottw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2020, 10:03 AM   #140
Pete F.
Canceled
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: vt
Posts: 8,848
So...Ratcliffe’s claim is that, because Americans identify Trump with the Proud Boys, Iranian-spoofed Proud Boys emails threatening Dems were intended to hurt TRUMP in the election?

That’s supposed to be a good argument for Trump—that Americans identify him with neo-fascists??
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Pete F. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2020, 10:20 AM   #141
scottw
Registered User
iTrader: (0)
 
scottw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 9,935
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete F. View Post
So...Ratcliffe’s claim is that, because Americans identify Trump with the Proud Boys, Iranian-spoofed Proud Boys emails threatening Dems were intended to hurt TRUMP in the election?

That’s supposed to be a good argument for Trump—that Americans identify him with neo-fascists??
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
are you drinking this early?
scottw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2020, 11:31 AM   #142
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits
iTrader: (0)
 
Got Stripers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: I live in a house, but my soul is at sea.
Posts: 6,794
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottw View Post
that would be the least likely reason....the most likely reason is that nobody likes her and she's running as part of the worst ticket in American presidential election history ....but don't worry biden/harris is leading by like 27 points nationally


weren't those supposed proud boyz emails actually from iran?...probably using money obama gave them
How do you judge the worst administration, seems to me there is a pattern and your side might be winning in the most corrupt race.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	FCA09C86-5E3D-4653-98E9-428656623A05.jpeg
Views:	20
Size:	88.0 KB
ID:	67401  
Got Stripers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2020, 12:08 PM   #143
detbuch
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 6,470
Quote:
Originally Posted by Got Stripers View Post
How do you judge the worst administration, seems to me there is a pattern and your side might be winning in the most corrupt race.
Your list is highly overexaggerated and basically useless as a measurement for judging how good or bad an administration is. Only about half a dozen indictments, according to Politico, were directly tied to the administration. And most of those, like the Flynn and papadopoulos indictments, don't indicate any Trump criminality.

On the other hand, the Trump administration has done several important and productive things that benefit the country. And he has been accused, without proof, of mishandling the pandemic. But others have given him credit for doing a very good job.
detbuch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2020, 12:14 PM   #144
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits
iTrader: (0)
 
Got Stripers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: I live in a house, but my soul is at sea.
Posts: 6,794
Quote:
Originally Posted by detbuch View Post
Your list is highly overexaggerated and basically useless as a measurement for judging how good or bad an administration is. Only about half a dozen indictments, according to Politico, were directly tied to the administration. And most of those, like the Flynn and papadopoulos indictments, don't indicate any Trump criminality.

On the other hand, the Trump administration has done several important and productive things that benefit the country. And he has been accused, without proof, of mishandling the pandemic. But others have given him credit for doing a very good job.
Your opinion of productive isn't necessarily mine, so that point means nothing to me and there is plenty of proof Trump mishandled the pandemic; there will soon be 300,000 reasons why. Trump surrounded himself with people of like mind and character, all the indictments are just a perfect example of you are who you surround yourself with. Don't you have some hard water you can drop a crappie jig through a hole to by now.
Got Stripers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2020, 12:37 PM   #145
detbuch
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 6,470
Quote:
Originally Posted by Got Stripers View Post
Your opinion of productive isn't necessarily mine, so that point means nothing to me and there is plenty of proof Trump mishandled the pandemic; there will soon be 300,000 reasons why. Trump surrounded himself with people of like mind and character, all the indictments are just a perfect example of you are who you surround yourself with. Don't you have some hard water you can drop a crappie jig through a hole to by now.
I agree with one thing you said here. It's your opinion. Another just say stuff.
detbuch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2020, 12:59 PM   #146
Pete F.
Canceled
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: vt
Posts: 8,848
A jury — one that was sequestered and kept anonymous — heard secret recordings investigators had made. In them, Teflon Don threatened violence and retaliation and made it clear that those who flouted him would pay a heavy price. He pledged to fight the investigators “tooth and nail to the end,” and his spokesman claimed he was the victim of a class war. “He didn’t go to Harvard. He didn’t go to Yale. This is the way these men talk,” the attorney said. “They are snippets of much larger conversations that were deliberately taken out of context … Those isolated phrases don’t mean what the prosecutors say they mean. They are not evidence of criminality.”

Sound familiar, that guy shared a lawyer with the current occupier of the White House.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Pete F. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2020, 01:17 PM   #147
scottw
Registered User
iTrader: (0)
 
scottw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 9,935
Quote:
Originally Posted by Got Stripers View Post
How do you judge the worst administration, seems to me there is a pattern and your side might be winning in the most corrupt race.
I think it's fair to put an * next to obama and trump at this point
scottw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2020, 11:18 AM   #148
wdmso
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Somerset MA
Posts: 5,326
Iowa voters won't be able to cast their ballot at any of those polling places this Election Day because of hundreds of closures and consolidations that have rippled across the state due to the coronavirus pandemic.

more examples of voter suppression will republican Care seeing iowa went with Trump in 2016
wdmso is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2020, 07:09 PM   #149
scottw
Registered User
iTrader: (0)
 
scottw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 9,935
Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post
Iowa voters won't be able to cast their ballot at any of those polling places this Election Day because of hundreds of closures and consolidations that have rippled across the state due to the coronavirus pandemic.

more examples of voter suppression will republican Care seeing iowa went with Trump in 2016
close to 70 million American voters have somehow figured out how to vote already...if you are struggling to figure out how to vote maybe you shouldn't be voting
scottw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2020, 07:59 PM   #150
Pete F.
Canceled
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: vt
Posts: 8,848
Because?
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Pete F. is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:32 PM.


Powered by vBulletin. Copyright ©2000 - 2008, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Please use all necessary and proper safety precautions. STAY SAFE Striper Talk Forums
Copyright 1998-20012 Striped-Bass.com