Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

     

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Right Nav

Left Container Right Container
 

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 10-28-2020, 06:23 PM   #31
Jim in CT
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 14,526
Quote:
Originally Posted by Got Stripers View Post
Stand by and stand ready.
did he disavow white supremacy? yes or no?
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Jim in CT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2020, 06:53 PM   #32
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits
iTrader: (0)
 
Got Stripers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: I live in a house, but my soul is at sea.
Posts: 6,794
Good people on both sides.
Got Stripers is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2020, 08:06 PM   #33
Jim in CT
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 14,526
Quote:
Originally Posted by Got Stripers View Post
Good people on both sides.
you left out that in that same exact remark, he explicitly condemned racism.

you’re really on a roll. you said the economy is at its worst since the great depression. then you seem to deny that he disavowed white supremacists, when he clearly did just that.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Jim in CT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2020, 08:10 PM   #34
Jim in CT
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 14,526
Quote:
Originally Posted by Got Stripers View Post
Good people on both sides.
he also said we condemn in the strongest possible terms the egregious display of bigotry...

is that too ambiguous for you? what do you suppose he meant?
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Jim in CT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2020, 08:38 PM   #35
Pete F.
Canceled
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: vt
Posts: 8,848
Just what is he saving the suburbs from anyways
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Pete F. is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2020, 09:23 PM   #36
detbuch
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 6,470
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete F. View Post
Just what is he saving the suburbs from anyways
You do realize there are more low income whites than any other race.
detbuch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2020, 06:04 AM   #37
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits
iTrader: (0)
 
Got Stripers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: I live in a house, but my soul is at sea.
Posts: 6,794
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
did he disavow white supremacy? yes or no?
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
I don’t know who a David Duke is wink wink
Got Stripers is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2020, 06:07 AM   #38
scottw
Registered User
iTrader: (0)
 
scottw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 9,935
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post

is that too ambiguous for you? what do you suppose he meant?

Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
I think you've "wound him up" to the point he's making a complete fool of himself now...wink...wink
scottw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2020, 06:35 AM   #39
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits
iTrader: (0)
 
Got Stripers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: I live in a house, but my soul is at sea.
Posts: 6,794
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottw View Post
I think you've "wound him up" to the point he's making a complete fool of himself now...wink...wink
Pete gets wound up, I’m having fun poking fun at the hard right on this board, it’s the final countdown. i find it amusing to watch all the predictions of a Trump landslide win in 2020 by so many on this board suddenly come true, just like Trumps campaign stating they defeated Covid.

In a week we will have to resurrect the thread where bets were placed, to see who will put money where their big mouths are.
Got Stripers is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2020, 06:42 AM   #40
scottw
Registered User
iTrader: (0)
 
scottw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 9,935
Quote:
Originally Posted by Got Stripers View Post
Pete gets wound up, I’m having fun poking fun at the hard right on this board, it’s the final countdown. i find it amusing to watch all the predictions of a Trump landslide win in 2020 by so many on this board suddenly come true, just like Trumps campaign stating they defeated Covid.

In a week we will have to resurrect the thread where bets were placed, to see who will put money where their big mouths are.
of course you are, of course you do....of course you will


who on this board predicted a trump landslide in 2020? some may have felt confident he could win...jim has been saying he's going to lose for over a year now....and we've never underestimated the democrats ability and willingness to cheat and steal
scottw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2020, 06:46 AM   #41
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits
iTrader: (0)
 
Got Stripers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: I live in a house, but my soul is at sea.
Posts: 6,794
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottw View Post
of course you are, of course you do....of course you will
Said the biggest, since SD’s departure, sarcastic member guilty of little substance just poking fun at the liberals, isn’t payback fun.
Got Stripers is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2020, 07:05 AM   #42
Jim in CT
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 14,526
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottw View Post
I think you've "wound him up" to the point he's making a complete fool of himself now...wink...wink
oh his brain is broke. his comments on the economy illustrate that i think. we’re all in bread lines.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Jim in CT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2020, 07:07 AM   #43
Jim in CT
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 14,526
Quote:
Originally Posted by Got Stripers View Post
Pete gets wound up, I’m having fun poking fun at the hard right on this board, it’s the final countdown. i find it amusing to watch all the predictions of a Trump landslide win in 2020 by so many on this board suddenly come true, just like Trumps campaign stating they defeated Covid.

In a week we will have to resurrect the thread where bets were placed, to see who will put money where their big mouths are.
i

i’m the hard right? been pro gay marriage for 20 years, opposed to the death penalty, in favor of
more gun control, in favor of better access to sensible health insurance.

you guys are a million miles further to the left, than i am to the right.

the only person you’re poking fun at, is yourself.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Jim in CT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2020, 07:21 AM   #44
Jim in CT
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 14,526
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottw View Post
jim has been saying he's going to lose for over a year now....
In all seriousness, if the election were last November before covid, when we were prosperous and at peace, he would have won in an absolute rout. The arrival of covid, and the willingness of the media to ignore what democrats actually said in January and claim instead that they were advocating for policies (which they won't specify) that would have prevented all deaths which are now all Trumps fault, will be a tough hurdle to overcome. And of course Trump doesn't always help himself.

Likewise, the only thing the media will say about the viable theory that the Bidens sold influence to our adversaries, is that anyone who says its possible, is acting as a Russian agent. And facebok and twitter are actively censoring any posts. I'm not sure this is what the founders had in mind when they went out of their way to carve out meaningful, special proections for the press. On every network except 1, coverage is 99% favorable for Biden and 99% negative for Trump. That's not news, its not even close to news.

If Trump pulls this off (Biden's comments about oil and fracking in the last debate COULD cost him PA, that was an idiotic blunder by Biden), the entire polling industry should go away. They can all become weathermen.
Jim in CT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2020, 08:42 AM   #45
Pete F.
Canceled
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: vt
Posts: 8,848
I don't want to be too snarky but Trump needs to close a big polling deficit and this was the message on a day when the U.S. reported 80,662 coronavirus cases, setting a record high for daily cases for the 3rd time in 1 week, the 1st time the U.S. has recorded more than 80,000 cases in 1 day, the U.S. reported 996 deaths Wednesday and a 940 point decline in the Dow.

Tucker is claiming that his super-secret, extremely damning trove of documents about Hunter Biden was stolen while in the mail.

Apparently at Faux it's ‘Deep State Dog Ate My Homework’ and ‘We Do Not Know What a Photocopier or a Scanner Is’

INDICTMENTS ARE COMING
New season starts January 20, 2021
Pete F. is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2020, 08:46 AM   #46
spence
Registered User
iTrader: (0)
 
spence's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: RI
Posts: 20,307
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
In all seriousness, if the election were last November before covid, when we were prosperous and at peace, he would have won in an absolute rout. The arrival of covid, and the willingness of the media to ignore what democrats actually said in January and claim instead that they were advocating for policies (which they won't specify) that would have prevented all deaths which are now all Trumps fault, will be a tough hurdle to overcome. And of course Trump doesn't always help himself.

Likewise, the only thing the media will say about the viable theory that the Bidens sold influence to our adversaries, is that anyone who says its possible, is acting as a Russian agent. And facebok and twitter are actively censoring any posts. I'm not sure this is what the founders had in mind when they went out of their way to carve out meaningful, special proections for the press. On every network except 1, coverage is 99% favorable for Biden and 99% negative for Trump. That's not news, its not even close to news.

If Trump pulls this off (Biden's comments about oil and fracking in the last debate COULD cost him PA, that was an idiotic blunder by Biden), the entire polling industry should go away. They can all become weathermen.
Ahhh I see Jim has moved into the excuse phase of grief.
spence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2020, 09:09 AM   #47
Jim in CT
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 14,526
Quote:
Originally Posted by spence View Post
Ahhh I see Jim has moved into the excuse phase of grief.
tell me, before covid, how
much air time do you think cnn and msnbc dedicated to praising trump for low minority unemployment and criminal justice reform?
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Jim in CT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2020, 09:35 AM   #48
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits
iTrader: (0)
 
Got Stripers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: I live in a house, but my soul is at sea.
Posts: 6,794
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
tell me, before covid, how
much air time do you think cnn and msnbc dedicated to praising trump for low minority unemployment and criminal justice reform?
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Jim there are over 20,000 reasons why the coverage seemed negative most of the time, Trump has acted like a nut job since day one and the lies started on Inauguration Day. Actually the lies started as soon as he started running for President.
Got Stripers is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2020, 09:38 AM   #49
Jim in CT
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 14,526
Quote:
Originally Posted by Got Stripers View Post
Jim there are over 20,000 reasons why the coverage seemed negative most of the time, Trump has acted like a nut job since day one and the lies started on Inauguration Day. Actually the lies started as soon as he started running for President.
Again, I have zero issue with giving time to his lies, moral lapses, vindictive tweets, etc. That's part of who he is, and it's absolutely fair to call him out for that.

But fairness and accuracy would suggest that some amount of time be dedicated to honest discussions about his achievements. Do you think networks other than Foxnews do that?

The networks still conned you to being unable to just say that he disavowed white supremacists at Charlottesville. The video is there, we know he disavowed them, but you can't admit it.
Jim in CT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2020, 09:42 AM   #50
Jim in CT
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 14,526
Quote:
Originally Posted by Got Stripers View Post
Jim there are over 20,000 reasons why the coverage seemed negative most of the time, Trump has acted like a nut job since day one and the lies started on Inauguration Day. Actually the lies started as soon as he started running for President.
Can you explain to me how we'd be better off, if we had a POTUS who lied less often, but didn't do as good of a job growing the economy, and/or got us into wars we didn't need to be in, or who didn't increase funding for black colleges, or who didn't make us energy independent, and who didn't make this progress in the Middle East?

GS, if you needed immediate life saving surgery, and I was the admitting nurse at the hospital, and I told you this, tell me which you'd pick?

If I said "you can pick from 2 doctors. One is a really nice guy, very honest, and a pretty good doctor. The other is a real SOB who cheats on his wife with porn stars, lies about his golf handicap, hes crass and boorish and vulgar, hates everyone who disagrees with him, but he's a better technical surgeon with a slightly higher survival rate", WHICH WOULD YOU PICK?

Have fun with that.
Jim in CT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2020, 10:05 AM   #51
Pete F.
Canceled
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: vt
Posts: 8,848
Unfortunately the guy you support, in the only crisis he’s had that was not created in his imagination, has 233,000 dead so far, the highest infection rate to date and claims it’s over
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Pete F. is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2020, 10:20 AM   #52
spence
Registered User
iTrader: (0)
 
spence's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: RI
Posts: 20,307
Quote:
Originally Posted by Got Stripers View Post
Jim there are over 20,000 reasons why the coverage seemed negative most of the time, Trump has acted like a nut job since day one and the lies started on Inauguration Day. Actually the lies started as soon as he started running for President.
The lies started closer to 1946.
spence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2020, 10:36 AM   #53
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits
iTrader: (0)
 
Got Stripers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: I live in a house, but my soul is at sea.
Posts: 6,794
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
Can you explain to me how we'd be better off, if we had a POTUS who lied less often, but didn't do as good of a job growing the economy, and/or got us into wars we didn't need to be in, or who didn't increase funding for black colleges, or who didn't make us energy independent, and who didn't make this progress in the Middle East?

GS, if you needed immediate life saving surgery, and I was the admitting nurse at the hospital, and I told you this, tell me which you'd pick?

If I said "you can pick from 2 doctors. One is a really nice guy, very honest, and a pretty good doctor. The other is a real SOB who cheats on his wife with porn stars, lies about his golf handicap, hes crass and boorish and vulgar, hates everyone who disagrees with him, but he's a better technical surgeon with a slightly higher survival rate", WHICH WOULD YOU PICK?

Have fun with that.
Jim I don’t have to explain, because I think he has done a miserable job, so yes I think anyone with a brain and a skin thicker than tissue paper would have done better. To Petes point above thank god we weren’t pulled into a conflict, I can’t even imagine how badly that might have gone, we he thinks he knows more than anyone. That analogy just proves how desperate you are.
Got Stripers is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2020, 10:38 AM   #54
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits
iTrader: (0)
 
Got Stripers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: I live in a house, but my soul is at sea.
Posts: 6,794
Quote:
Originally Posted by spence View Post
The lies started closer to 1946.
Good point!
Got Stripers is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2020, 10:39 AM   #55
Jim in CT
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 14,526
Quote:
Originally Posted by Got Stripers View Post
Jim I don’t have to explain, because I think he has done a miserable job, so yes I think anyone with a brain and a skin thicker than tissue paper would have done better. To Petes point above thank god we weren’t pulled into a conflict, I can’t even imagine how badly that might have gone, we he thinks he knows more than anyone.
"I think he has done a miserable job"

Backed up with logic as unassailable, as saying the economy is at its worst point since the Great Depression. That being the case, he must have done a miserable job.

"To Petes point above thank god we weren’t pulled into a conflict, I can’t even imagine how badly that might have gone"

You don't have to speculate. Ask ISIS how it went to be in a conflict with him.

When you ignore everything good he has done, and focus fanatically on his bad points, I admit he looks really bad.
Jim in CT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2020, 10:46 AM   #56
Jim in CT
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 14,526
Quote:
Originally Posted by spence View Post
The lies started closer to 1946.
But Bidens plagiarism, his lies about being arrested with Nelson Mandela, his lies about his civil rights activism in the US, none of those matter. Lies are only bad when Republicans tell them.

Similarly, Biden's willingness to demonize those who disagree with him (Republicans want blacks in chains, blacks ain't really black if they don't vote for Biden), that's OK when Biden does it. Thin-skinned vindictiveness is only problematic when Trump does it.

And profiting off of public service. We aren't supposed to even discuss if Biden did it, but it's a big big deal when Trump does it.
Jim in CT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2020, 10:57 AM   #57
Pete F.
Canceled
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: vt
Posts: 8,848

INDICTMENTS ARE COMING
New season starts January 20, 2021
Pete F. is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2020, 11:24 AM   #58
wdmso
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Somerset MA
Posts: 5,326
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
But , his lies about being arrested with Nelson Mandela,.
Jim your lying about the lie

Joe Biden's claim of being arrested trying to see Nelson Mandela not with him


wdmso is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2020, 03:20 PM   #59
Jim in CT
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 14,526
Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post
Jim your lying about the lie

Joe Biden's claim of being arrested trying to see Nelson Mandela not with him


OK. But he lied.
Jim in CT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2020, 06:58 PM   #60
Pete F.
Canceled
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: vt
Posts: 8,848
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete F. View Post
You really want more of this guy?
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

INDICTMENTS ARE COMING
New season starts January 20, 2021
Pete F. is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:19 PM.


Powered by vBulletin. Copyright ©2000 - 2008, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Please use all necessary and proper safety precautions. STAY SAFE Striper Talk Forums
Copyright 1998-20012 Striped-Bass.com