Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

     

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Right Nav

Left Container Right Container
 

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 10-02-2020, 08:15 PM   #61
wdmso
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Somerset MA
Posts: 5,336
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottw View Post
are they putting them underwater in texas?

is there anything preventing them from mailing their "mail-in" ballots?
If you read 1 County in Texas it the size of RI. With 1 voting Drop box

Not sure why your against voting as people see fit. In person by mail or drop box
Its there choice not yours

Republicans want to provide Americans the hardest choice possible then use your line whos preventing them from voting
wdmso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2020, 12:38 AM   #62
scottw
Registered User
iTrader: (0)
 
scottw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 9,935
why not let everyone text their vote in?...that would be easy

are you guys really this dumb?

what is "easy"...is going to your polling place on election day, showing your id to prove that you are who you are matching your name on the voter roll and casting your ballot....or...if you can't get to the poll, requesting and absentee ballot prior to the election.

democrats continue to complicate the system by claiming they are making it "easy" for everyone...the stupidity of not asking for id's...mailing out millions of unsolicited ballots....voting long before election day....extending times for vote counts...preparing for all sorts of legal challenges all create more chaos...because ultimately they are bent on undermining the system because they can't accept a system in which they lose..it's the democrats who don't accept the outcomes of elections....which is why they are talking about eliminating the electoral college, packing the court, creating new states, changing the voting age to 16, non-citizens voting in addition to their constant undermining of our voting procedures

no one is making it "harder" for people to vote...it was never hard

no one is preventing anyone from voting

Last edited by scottw; 10-03-2020 at 02:20 AM..
scottw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2020, 06:41 AM   #63
Pete F.
Canceled
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: vt
Posts: 8,861
The Republican Party has been working on voter suppression since the 80s

Forty years ago Paul Weyrich, the influential conservative strategist who founded the Heritage Foundation told evangelical leaders, “As a matter of fact, our leverage in the elections quite candidly goes up as the voting populace goes down.”

In 1982, the Republican National Committee came under a court-ordered consent decree prohibiting it from engaging in voter-intimidation tactics aimed at communities of color—tactics designed to deprive Blacks of their right to vote. The decree was updated after further attempts at intimidation in 1987, and again in 1990. Despite more violations in 2004, federal courts let the decree expire in 2017. Freed from the decree, the RNC has plans to recruit up to 15,000 poll watchers in key states to challenge voters they deem suspicious, precisely the tactics that led to the original court order. True, intimidation is not really denying people their right to vote; it merely scares them from doing so.

The 5-4 conservative majority Supreme Court 2013 decision in Shelby County v. Holder gutted a key provision of the 1965 Voting Rights Act, the pre-clearance requirement for jurisdictions with a history of voter discrimination. That cleared the way for a flurry of laws enacted by Republican-controlled legislatures intended to reduce voter turnout, all in the name of preventing virtually non-existent voter fraud. One of the most egregious was North Carolina’s voter ID law, struck down by a federal appeals court for attempting to deny Blacks their right to vote with “almost surgical precision.”
Returning to the present day, the Trump campaign and the RNC are pouring millions of dollars into blocking Democratic attempts to make it easier to vote. The RNC fought all the way to the Supreme Court, but lost its suit to keep Rhode Island from removing witness requirements on its absentee ballots.

Indeed, the GOP is pursuing its legal strategy with “surgical precision.” Last week the Trump campaign and the RNC filed lawsuits in two Democratic-leaning Iowa counties that Trump lost by 40,000 votes in 2016, aimed at preventing election officials from easing the application process for absentee ballots. At issue: pre-populating the applications with the voter’s information to reduce rejection rates. The move could invalidate thousands of applications already returned. No lawsuit was filed in a third county that also pre-populated the applications. In that Republican-leaning county, Trump won in 2016 by 8,500 votes.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Pete F. is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2020, 07:34 AM   #64
The Dad Fisherman
Super Moderator
iTrader: (0)
 
The Dad Fisherman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Georgetown MA
Posts: 17,427
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottw View Post
what is "easy"...is going to your polling place on election day, showing your id to prove that you are who you are matching your name on the voter roll and casting your ballot....or...if you can't get to the poll, requesting and absentee ballot prior to the election.

Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

"If you're arguing with an idiot, make sure he isn't doing the same thing."
The Dad Fisherman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2020, 08:09 AM   #65
PaulS
Registered User
iTrader: (0)
 
PaulS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 8,696
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottw View Post

are you guys really this dumb?
Are you really this classless?
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
PaulS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2020, 08:27 AM   #66
wdmso
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Somerset MA
Posts: 5,336
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottw View Post
why not let everyone text their vote in?...that would be easy

are you guys really this dumb?

what is "easy"...is going to your polling place on election day, showing your id to prove that you are who you are matching your name on the voter roll and casting your ballot....or...if you can't get to the poll, requesting and absentee ballot prior to the election.

democrats continue to complicate the system by claiming they are making it "easy" for everyone...the stupidity of not asking for id's...mailing out millions of unsolicited ballots....voting long before election day....extending times for vote counts...preparing for all sorts of legal challenges all create more chaos...because ultimately they are bent on undermining the system because they can't accept a system in which they lose..it's the democrats who don't accept the outcomes of elections....which is why they are talking about eliminating the electoral college, packing the court, creating new states, changing the voting age to 16, non-citizens voting in addition to their constant undermining of our voting procedures

no one is making it "harder" for people to vote...it was never hard

no one is preventing anyone from voting
Wow your clearly on the Trump Train,, i guess COVID-19 isnt the real reason for the move to mail in ballots and drop. Boxes is it..

You best line is dems can't accept a system in which they lose..

All while Being wilfully ignorant of who aka what party keeps changing the system from reduced polling places ids I guess a DNA sampleswill be next on their list. So they can't lose the list is endless.. Just like your excuses..:rotflmao

Hell there even against moving voting to a weekend
wdmso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2020, 11:56 AM   #67
detbuch
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 6,470
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete F. View Post
The Republican Party has been working on voter suppression since the 80s

Forty years ago Paul Weyrich, the influential conservative strategist who founded the Heritage Foundation told evangelical leaders, “As a matter of fact, our leverage in the elections quite candidly goes up as the voting populace goes down.”

In 1982, the Republican National Committee came under a court-ordered consent decree prohibiting it from engaging in voter-intimidation tactics aimed at communities of color—tactics designed to deprive Blacks of their right to vote. The decree was updated after further attempts at intimidation in 1987, and again in 1990. Despite more violations in 2004, federal courts let the decree expire in 2017. Freed from the decree, the RNC has plans to recruit up to 15,000 poll watchers in key states to challenge voters they deem suspicious, precisely the tactics that led to the original court order. True, intimidation is not really denying people their right to vote; it merely scares them from doing so.

The 5-4 conservative majority Supreme Court 2013 decision in Shelby County v. Holder gutted a key provision of the 1965 Voting Rights Act, the pre-clearance requirement for jurisdictions with a history of voter discrimination. That cleared the way for a flurry of laws enacted by Republican-controlled legislatures intended to reduce voter turnout, all in the name of preventing virtually non-existent voter fraud. One of the most egregious was North Carolina’s voter ID law, struck down by a federal appeals court for attempting to deny Blacks their right to vote with “almost surgical precision.”
Returning to the present day, the Trump campaign and the RNC are pouring millions of dollars into blocking Democratic attempts to make it easier to vote. The RNC fought all the way to the Supreme Court, but lost its suit to keep Rhode Island from removing witness requirements on its absentee ballots.

Indeed, the GOP is pursuing its legal strategy with “surgical precision.” Last week the Trump campaign and the RNC filed lawsuits in two Democratic-leaning Iowa counties that Trump lost by 40,000 votes in 2016, aimed at preventing election officials from easing the application process for absentee ballots. At issue: pre-populating the applications with the voter’s information to reduce rejection rates. The move could invalidate thousands of applications already returned. No lawsuit was filed in a third county that also pre-populated the applications. In that Republican-leaning county, Trump won in 2016 by 8,500 votes.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
In spite of all that, regardless of how you want to interpret the motives, it's still easy to vote without having to, as Scott said, "democrats continue to complicate the system by claiming they are making it "easy" for everyone...the stupidity of not asking for id's...mailing out millions of unsolicited ballots....voting long before election day....extending times for vote counts...preparing for all sorts of legal challenges all create more chaos...because ultimately they are bent on undermining the system because they can't accept a system in which they lose..it's the democrats who don't accept the outcomes of elections....which is why they are talking about eliminating the electoral college, packing the court, creating new states, changing the voting age to 16, non-citizens voting in addition to their constant undermining of our voting procedures."
detbuch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2020, 06:53 PM   #68
Pete F.
Canceled
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: vt
Posts: 8,861
Baloney
As usual
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Pete F. is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2020, 06:57 PM   #69
detbuch
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 6,470
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete F. View Post
Baloney
As usual
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Wrong as usual. Do you still claim that Trump never condemned white supremacism?
detbuch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2020, 07:40 PM   #70
Pete F.
Canceled
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: vt
Posts: 8,861
He did, sort of
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Pete F. is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2020, 07:50 PM   #71
detbuch
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 6,470
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete F. View Post
He did, sort of
Actually, he explicitly did, several times. So, I assume, we won't here that lie from you again. Or . . . maybe your gotta say it narrative tick will kick in again . . . over . . . and over.
detbuch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2020, 08:50 PM   #72
Pete F.
Canceled
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: vt
Posts: 8,861
It’s always sort of
Never a clear alignment
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Pete F. is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2020, 08:57 PM   #73
detbuch
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 6,470
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete F. View Post
It’s always sort of
Never a clear alignment
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
No. Several times it was specific, explicit, and completely aligned.
detbuch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2020, 05:00 AM   #74
scottw
Registered User
iTrader: (0)
 
scottw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 9,935
Quote:
Originally Posted by detbuch View Post

In spite of all that it's still easy to vote
WDMSO "Republicans want to provide Americans the hardest choice possible then use your line whos preventing them from voting"

PAUL S "Why don't the Rs want to make it easier to vote? Isn't that one of the most important things citizens should do? Why make it harder for people to vote?"

this sounds incredibly whiny to me...

how about this....if voting is soooo important....be an adult....get to your polling place on election day and show your ID and cast your ballot...if you can't do that, then follow the procedures to procure an absentee ballot...again...be an adult

if voting is sooo important...people shouldn't have to be dragged to the polls one way or the other and badgered relentlessly to cast their ballot


next the democrats will want to include a cash voucher in the mail out/mail in ballots so that recipients get paid for doing their civic duty...like paid volunteers...or maybe a lottery, like publisher's clearing house "if you mail in your ballot you'll be entered in our election sweepstakes"......I shouldn't give them ideas

Last edited by scottw; 10-04-2020 at 06:02 AM..
scottw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2020, 07:25 AM   #75
spence
Registered User
iTrader: (0)
 
spence's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: RI
Posts: 20,312
Quote:
Originally Posted by detbuch View Post
Wrong as usual. Do you still claim that Trump never condemned white supremacism?
Sure, wink wink.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
spence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2020, 07:41 AM   #76
Pete F.
Canceled
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: vt
Posts: 8,861
🤫👇🏿

Jul 29, 2020 11:19:55 AM
I am happy to inform all of the people living their Suburban Lifestyle Dream that you will no longer be bothered or financially hurt by having low income housing built in your neighborhood... [Twitter for iPhone]
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Pete F. is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2020, 11:44 AM   #77
detbuch
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 6,470
Quote:
Originally Posted by spence View Post
Sure, wink wink.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
With the abundance of videos and quotes from mainstream media sources of him condemning white supremacy and racism, and bigotry, and hate, why the wink wink?
detbuch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2020, 11:46 AM   #78
detbuch
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 6,470
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete F. View Post
🤫👇🏿

Jul 29, 2020 11:19:55 AM
I am happy to inform all of the people living their Suburban Lifestyle Dream that you will no longer be bothered or financially hurt by having low income housing built in your neighborhood... [Twitter for iPhone]
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Do you promote discriminating against suburbanites.
detbuch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2020, 07:57 AM   #79
Pete F.
Canceled
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: vt
Posts: 8,861
Liban Osman tells FOX 9 he was offered $10,000 by phony Project Veritas & James O’Keefe “insider” Omar Jamal to say he was collecting ballots for Rep. Ilhan Omar.

https://www.fox9.com/news/subject-of...-offered-bribe
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Pete F. is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2020, 11:05 AM   #80
detbuch
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 6,470
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete F. View Post
Liban Osman tells FOX 9 he was offered $10,000 by phony Project Veritas & James O’Keefe “insider” Omar Jamal to say he was collecting ballots for Rep. Ilhan Omar.

https://www.fox9.com/news/subject-of...-offered-bribe
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
From your link, it sounds like a he said she said and possibly another trial to try to determine the truth.
detbuch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2020, 11:18 AM   #81
Pete F.
Canceled
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: vt
Posts: 8,861
Quote:
Originally Posted by detbuch View Post
From your link, it sounds like a he said she said and possibly another trial to try to determine the truth.
Always a lot of fog around Project Veritas

INDICTMENTS ARE COMING
New season starts January 20, 2021
Pete F. is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2020, 12:20 PM   #82
detbuch
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 6,470
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete F. View Post
Always a lot of fog around Project Veritas
There is this perpetual fog the left and its media cronies create around everything that is "coservative" or Republican or pro-Trump. And you regurgitate and hyperbolize the fog.
detbuch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2020, 12:42 PM   #83
scottw
Registered User
iTrader: (0)
 
scottw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 9,935
Quote:
Originally Posted by detbuch View Post
There is this perpetual fog the left and its media cronies create around everything that is "coservative" or Republican or pro-Trump. And you regurgitate and hyperbolize the fog.
Pete is a super spreader
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
scottw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2020, 01:41 PM   #84
Pete F.
Canceled
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: vt
Posts: 8,861
Poor victims
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Pete F. is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2020, 01:52 PM   #85
detbuch
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 6,470
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete F. View Post
Poor victims
You have no empathy.
detbuch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2020, 02:10 PM   #86
Pete F.
Canceled
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: vt
Posts: 8,861
Trumplicans cry all the time how they are mistreated
Poor babies, just like Tweety
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Pete F. is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2020, 03:05 PM   #87
detbuch
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 6,470
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete F. View Post
Trumplicans cry all the time how they are mistreated
Poor babies, just like Tweety
You have no empathy.
detbuch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2020, 08:03 PM   #88
Pete F.
Canceled
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: vt
Posts: 8,861
Quote:
Originally Posted by detbuch View Post
You have no empathy.
Ah, but I obviously do.
I entertain your weak arguments that try and make Tweety a leader.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

INDICTMENTS ARE COMING
New season starts January 20, 2021
Pete F. is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2020, 08:57 PM   #89
detbuch
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 6,470
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete F. View Post
Ah, but I obviously do.
I entertain your weak arguments that try and make Tweety a leader.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
I stand corrected. You're obviously very compassionate. Your posts drip with compassion.
detbuch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2020, 09:52 PM   #90
Pete F.
Canceled
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: vt
Posts: 8,861
If true and Stephen Miller did get COVID; this is a turning point for the pandemic.

The virus has jumped species.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Pete F. is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:20 PM.


Powered by vBulletin. Copyright ©2000 - 2008, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Please use all necessary and proper safety precautions. STAY SAFE Striper Talk Forums
Copyright 1998-20012 Striped-Bass.com