Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 01-26-2016, 12:37 PM   #151
spence

Quote:
Originally Posted by detbuch View Post
You keep getting stuck on the legality issue (which is still being investigated?) but avoiding the "stupid, incompetent" issue.
I don't believe the legality of the server is not being investigated as the DOJ has already chimed in on this. The FBI is more broadly investigating if any classified information was mishandled by the last 5 Secretaries including Clinton.
Old 01-26-2016, 04:34 PM   #152
detbuch

Quote:
Originally Posted by spence View Post
I don't believe the legality of the server is not being investigated as the DOJ has already chimed in on this. The FBI is more broadly investigating if any classified information was mishandled by the last 5 Secretaries including Clinton.
Still avoiding the stupid, incompetent issue.
Old 01-27-2016, 09:35 AM   #153
spence

Quote:
Still avoiding the stupid, incompetent issue.
I think that's long since been addressed.
Old 01-27-2016, 09:39 AM   #154
buckman

Quote:
That's the first time I have heard reference to the "last 5 Secretaries. Please post a source of your talking points
Are they not investigating her server ?
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Old 01-27-2016, 09:48 AM   #155
spence

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckman View Post
That's the first time I have heard reference to the "last 5 Secretaries. Please post a source of your talking points
Are they not investigating her server ?
Yes, the FBI is investigating her server to determine if any classified material was mishandled.

Quote:
In October 2014, the State Department asked four former secretaries to turn over e-mails in their private possession.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/polit...7ae_story.html
Old 01-27-2016, 10:50 AM   #156
buckman

Quote:
Yes, the FBI is investigating her server to determine if any classified material was mishandled.
So she is being investigated . You lied again but I can see where you have a tough time with that .

And of course the state department would ask for the last four Secretaries of State to be investgated also . A predictable move and typical of this administration and of the Clintons.
So freaking pathetic
Old 01-27-2016, 11:31 AM   #157
scottw

Quote:
right...so her server will get indicted for mishandling classified material and she can continue to run for president
Old 01-27-2016, 12:49 PM   #158
spence

Quote:
So she is being investigated . You lied again but I can see where you have a tough time with that .

And of course the state department would ask for the last four Secretaries of State to be investgated also . A predictable move and typical of this administration and of the Clintons.
So freaking pathetic
You guys use the word lie so much I'm not sure what it means any more.

The FBI investigation is about potential mishandling of information, it's not focused on Hillary Clinton. The NYT wrongly reported at the onset she was the target of a criminal probe which was not true.

If other Secretaries like Colin Powell were using private email it would only make sense to investigate that as well. If there's demand for those emails to be released you'll very likely see the same pattern of redactions and retroactive classification we're seeing with Clinton.
Old 01-27-2016, 12:52 PM   #159
spence

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottw View Post
right...so her server will get indicted for mishandling classified material and she can continue to run for president
The FBI doesn't have the power to indict neither Clinton or her server. If they did find evidence of criminal behavior there would have to be a grand jury and federal prosecutor before anyone could be indicted, which isn't likely in any case...
Old 01-27-2016, 02:02 PM   #160
scottw

Quote:
You guys use the word lie so much I'm not sure what it means any more.
if you need a refresher course...just read any of your posts

"A lie is a statement that is known or intended by its source to be misleading, inaccurate, or false"

don't fret...if we've learned anything from the Clinton's it's that lies are frequent, necessary and often admirable when well told....

Last edited by scottw; 01-27-2016 at 02:07 PM..
Old 01-27-2016, 02:24 PM   #161
buckman

Quote:

If other Secretaries like Colin Powell were using private email it would only make sense to investigate that as well. If there's demand for those emails to be released you'll very likely see the same pattern of redactions and retroactive classification we're seeing with Clinton.
That is the defense strategy of a guilty administration . You're making my argument.
Do you keep picking on Colin Powell because he's black ?
Old 01-27-2016, 02:57 PM   #162
Jim in CT

Quote:
To quote Mater, "I don't care who ya are, that's funny right there!"
Old 01-27-2016, 03:29 PM   #163
scottw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
To quote Mater, "I don't care who ya are, that's funny right there!"
even funnier when Spence didn't get it
Old 01-27-2016, 03:30 PM   #164
detbuch

Quote:
I think that's long since been addressed.
Yup, and Hillary has been found to be incompetent.
Old 01-27-2016, 03:40 PM   #165
Jim in CT

Quote:
And yet as unlikeable as she is, the GOP is on the verge of nominating someone who would not only hand her the Presidency, he might well give Congress back to them, too. There are a lot more GOP senate seats up for re-election that Democrat (twice as many, I think). Trump will galvanize Democrats, and keep conservatives home. Incredible.

The Democrats are begging us to take the Oval Office by going with her, and we are saying "no, thanks, and you can keep Congress, too".

Sigh.

I hear Paraguay is pretty nice.
Old 01-27-2016, 03:58 PM   #166
spence

Quote:
if you need a refresher course...just read any of your posts

"A lie is a statement that is known or intended by its source to be misleading, inaccurate, or false"

don't fret...if we've learned anything from the Clinton's it's that lies are frequent, necessary and often admirable when well told....
Can you name ONE?
Old 01-27-2016, 04:23 PM   #167
Jim in CT

Quote:
Can you name ONE?
Really? My text in quotation marks is to the best of my recollection...

Bill: "I did not have inappropriate sexual relations with that girl (Monica Lewinski)". The man was disbarred. Even among lawyers, he stands out as being immoral, and that's saying something.

Hilary - (1) "Bill did not cheat on me (see his lie above), but we are the victims (violins, please) of a vast right-wing conspiracy". Not just any right-wing conspiracy mind you, but a vast one. Vast. (2) "We were 'broke' when we left the White House". If that's true, and it's not, where did they get the money to reimburse the feds for all the loot they stole out of the White House and Air Force One, on their way out of town? I think they took the piano, rugs, ashtrays, light fixtures, copper wiring, dinner china, etc...(3) something about coming under sniper fire somewhere...?

Is that enough?
Old 01-27-2016, 04:29 PM   #168
spence

Quote:
That is the defense strategy of a guilty administration . You're making my argument.
Do you keep picking on Colin Powell because he's black ?
Did you even read my post? That doesn't make any sense.

I'm not picking on Powell, he came out and said he basically did the same thing.
Old 01-27-2016, 04:35 PM   #169
scottw

Quote:

I'm not picking on Powell, he came out and said he basically did the same thing.
sounded pretty racist to me
Old 01-27-2016, 04:41 PM   #170
spence

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
Really? My text in quotation marks is to the best of my recollection...
If you're going to use quotes you should actually quote.

He said every one of my posts I assumed he was calling me a liar.
Old 01-27-2016, 04:49 PM   #171
spence

Quote:
Well, at least your not stretching
Old 01-27-2016, 06:40 PM   #172
buckman

Quote:

Yes I read your post. We all know that the state department would not be investigating the other Secretaries of State, in the hope of finding somebody who did something halfway similar to what Hillary did unless it could be used to somehow justify what Hillary had done .
You keep bringing up Powell for some reason , as bringing up his name makes him somehow guilty of the same thing . You know he had a new system , an undependable system and you know they were working on problems. So my only conclusion is , you don't like black people .
Old 01-27-2016, 07:11 PM   #173
detbuch

Quote:
Well, at least your not stretching
Why on earth would I imitate your style?

You will find that I was spot on if you would do the search. Of course, knowing how you wander off topic into your own version of the context, the search would only confirm your own perspective. Which would just turn up apples instead of oranges.

Besides, this has long since been addressed.
Old 01-27-2016, 07:34 PM   #174
spence

Quote:
Yes I read your post. We all know that the state department would not be investigating the other Secretaries of State, in the hope of finding somebody who did something halfway similar to what Hillary did unless it could be used to somehow justify what Hillary had done .
You keep bringing up Powell for some reason , as bringing up his name makes him somehow guilty of the same thing . You know he had a new system , an undependable system and you know they were working on problems. So my only conclusion is , you don't like black people .
The State Department isn't investigating the former Secretaries email, the FBI is...I don't believe it was State's request. I would assume they're trying to ascertain if this is a systemic issue or something more recent.

Your Powell remark continues to make no sense. At the time he was trying to modernize the state.gov computers get people to use email, he's publicly stated he didn't realize there was any issue with using private email.
Old 01-27-2016, 09:35 PM   #175
detbuch

Quote:
sounded pretty racist to me
It's probably some code . . .
Old 01-28-2016, 05:04 AM   #176
scottw

Quote:

Can you name ONE?

If you're going to use quotes you should actually quote.

He said every one of my posts I assumed he was calling me a liar.
"You guys use the word lie so much I'm not sure what it means any more."I don't believe you

"I don't believe the legality of the server is not being investigated" this is a good one

"The FBI doesn't have the power to indict neither Clinton or her server." you have this weird double negative thing going on lately

"I would assume they're trying to ascertain if this is a systemic issue or something more recent." it's an HRC issue

"If they did find evidence of criminal behavior there would have to be a grand jury and federal prosecutor before anyone could be indicted, which isn't likely in any case..." really?

"The FBI investigation is about potential mishandling of information, it's not focused on Hillary Clinton." again...it's an HRC issue

"Clinton's not an IT person, she likely had someone tell her it was good enough for non-sensitive communication. " this is laughable for so many reasons

"Intuition." even more laughable

you can assume what you'd like, perhaps the reason you can't tell what lie means anymore is actually because you spend so much time torturing the truth and it's all just a blur to you, it certainly is with the Clinton's where we've learned that we need to dissect each statement because they amuse themselves by playing wordsmith with each in order to deflect or cover their asses ....I'm sure you have a more "gray" concept of what a lie is but I provided a simple black and white definition for you....
"A lie is a statement that is known or intended by its source to be misleading, inaccurate, or false"....this is just the current page, the previous contain a wealth of dubious sophistry....I know...I know...all taken out of "context"
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	lsg.jpg
Views:	314
Size:	8.2 KB
ID:	62415  

Last edited by scottw; 01-28-2016 at 07:36 AM..
Old 01-28-2016, 07:32 AM   #177
scottw

Quote:

And of course the state department would ask for the last four Secretaries of State to be investgated also .

of course, don't you recall when Nixon was being investigated....I mean when Nixon's TAPES were being investigate for wrong doing.... the previous 5 Presidents tapes were also investigated to determine if there was anything incriminating on them or if they erased stuff...or....you know...if the tapes had somehow mishandled themselves ?

Last edited by scottw; 01-28-2016 at 08:37 AM..
Old 01-28-2016, 07:45 AM   #178
The Dad Fisherman
Super Moderator

Quote:

How about we focus on the one SOS who is actually RUNNING FOR PRESIDENT.....

"If you're arguing with an idiot, make sure he isn't doing the same thing."
Old 01-28-2016, 10:10 AM   #179
spence

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dad Fisherman View Post
How about we focus on the one SOS who is actually RUNNING FOR PRESIDENT.....
Well, you have to establish a baseline. If others using private email to transfer similar information then Clinton's behavior isn't quite so scandalous now is it?
Old 01-28-2016, 10:44 AM   #180
The Dad Fisherman
Super Moderator

So now we are fine tuning the rules against a baseline? Thought rules were rules