Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 01-10-2023, 07:34 AM   #151
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete F. View Post
Diamond —of the right-wing, Trump- loving duo Diamond and Silk— has died. In late November, she was hospitalized due to COVID-19. The duo was fired by Fox News a couple years ago for spreading misinformation about COVID-19 and vaccines. You cannot script this stuff.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
there are. o crazies in the left, they are only on the right.

you want to see the left wing equivalent of diamond and silk? you don’t have to go far. Look in the mirror. how are you different from them?
Old 01-10-2023, 08:00 AM   #152
wdmso

OK, now you deny that I pay more into SS, than CT teachers pay into their pensions

Prepare to be exposed as a liar again.

7% is more than 12%

Below is from Jim’s own link

In 2022, the Social Security tax rate is 12.4%, divided evenly between employers and employees:kewl

Social Security is financed through a dedicated payroll tax. Employers and employees each pay 6.2 percent of wages up to the taxable maximum of $160,200 (in 2023), while the self-employed pay 12.4 percent.

If you are you self employed? Than ya you’ll pay 12.4 because your the boss and the employe so your still as an employee only paying 6.2 %

Do the arithmetic. Math doesn’t lie 6.2 % is not 7%

Social Security is financed through a dedicated payroll tax. Employers and employees each pay 6.2 percent of wages up to the taxable maximum of $160,200 (in 2023), while the self-employed pay 12.4 percent.

Last edited by wdmso; 01-10-2023 at 08:22 AM..
Old 01-10-2023, 08:03 AM   #153
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

Jim are you feeling like you are on an island, the last far right man standing, Scott has apparently run out of one liners and Dad apparently is waiting for the news that children are actually being eaten.

Last edited by Got Stripers; 01-10-2023 at 08:24 AM..
Old 01-10-2023, 08:19 AM   #154
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
there are. o crazies in the left, they are only on the right.

you want to see the left wing equivalent of diamond and silk? you don’t have to go far. Look in the mirror. how are you different from them?
Actually you echo plenty of what they said….

How’s Sylvia?

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Niles: You have met “people”, haven’t you?

Lets Go Darwin
Old 01-10-2023, 08:23 AM   #155
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Got Stripers View Post
Jim are you feeling like you on an island, the last far right man standing, Scott has apparently run out of one liners and Dad apparently is waiting for children to be eaten.
yup, the one who is in favor of gay marriage, in favor of gun control, opposed to the death penalty, who thinks biden won fair and square, is the extremist.

every single one of you, says the same exact thing with every single post - some version of “the liberal is good, the conservative is evil”. every single post, is a variation of that. no exceptions, not ever. but you’re not extreme.

wayne says the gop doesn’t give an f about future generations. yup. the party who thinks babies have right to be born, the party who is in favor of families choosing the best school for their kids, the party that wanted schools to open up once the data showed there was no reason to close them….clearly those people don’t care at all about the future.

wayne claims that democrats have balanced the budget multiple times after bill clinton was president, when it happened zero times. he even claimed that 7 is greater than 12.4, because otherwise he’d have had to admit i was right about something.

low on honest thinking, but chock full of deranged hate.

Dad is the most rational, middle of the road guy here. maybe listen to what he says. when he tells me i’m being an idiot, i listen, because the times he has said that, he was right.

Last edited by Jim in CT; 01-10-2023 at 08:31 AM..
Old 01-10-2023, 08:32 AM   #156
Jim in CT

how long before the gop opens up the death camps?
Old 01-10-2023, 09:04 AM   #157
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

Quote:
yup, the one who is in favor of gay marriage, in favor of gun control, opposed to the death penalty, who thinks biden won fair and square, is the extremist.

every single one of you, says the same exact thing with every single post - some version of “the liberal is good, the conservative is evil”. every single post, is a variation of that. no exceptions, not ever. but you’re not extreme.

wayne says the gop doesn’t give an f about future generations. yup. the party who thinks babies have right to be born, the party who is in favor of families choosing the best school for their kids, the party that wanted schools to open up once the data showed there was no reason to close them….clearly those people don’t care at all about the future.

wayne claims that democrats have balanced the budget multiple times after bill clinton was president, when it happened zero times. he even claimed that 7 is greater than 12.4, because otherwise he’d have had to admit i was right about something.

Dad is the most rational, middle of the road guy here. maybe listen to what he says. when he tells me i’m being an idiot, i listen, because the times he has said that, he was right.
OMG you are such an easy target, isn't this forum a fun?
Old 01-10-2023, 09:07 AM   #158
wdmso

Quote:

wayne says the gop doesn’t give an f about future generations. yup. the party who thinks babies have right to be born,

Jim you Means the party once the babies are born they don’t care b
They cut welfare program social programs food stamps which help those children

the party who is in favor of families choosing the best school for their kids,

The school choice hoax it’s only in place for religious zealots, hidden behind looking like helping poor people, considered kids to religious schools They want the government to pay go figure.

the party that wanted schools to open up once the data showed there was no reason to close them….clearly those people don’t care at all about the future.

wayne claims that democrats have balanced the budget multiple times after bill clinton

Making stuff up again. I posted there hasn’t been a balance budget since Clinton, but he try’s to spin what was said shocking

was president, when it happened zero times. he even claimed that 7 is greater than 12.4, because otherwise he’d have had to admit i was right about something.

So Jim Are you telling us that you’re self-employed? Or not ? Because regardless, if you are or you’re not the business pays 6.2% and the employee pays 6.2%, both a less than seven.

Jim get off the treadmill you’re just running in place defended a party that wants to take your Social Security away. Screw with your Medicare steal and cheat in elections cause that’s the only way they can win. Spend when they want to spend and think chaos is governing.
Old 01-10-2023, 09:23 AM   #159
wdmso

House Republicans voted to gut the House Ethics Committee, and George Santos said it was 'fantastic

But I’m not fair to the GOP.

They are doing exactly what I said they would be doing with Mr. Santos nothing'

And House Passes Bill to Claw Back $80B for IRS Expansion

With their first economic legislation of the new Congress, House Republicans are making clear that their top economic priority is to allow the rich and multi-billion dollar corporations to skip out on their taxes, while making life harder for ordinary, middle-class families that pay the taxes they owe,

Yep Jim that’s how you fix Social Security ? that’s how you they cut spending ?by reducing revenues

keep thinking it’s for the future generations of Americans
Old 01-10-2023, 09:46 AM   #160
Pete F.
Canceled

I heard from a source that claims to be reliable and has his finger on the pulse of mainstream GOP politics, that they are opening up death camps. The only question apparently, is when.
Old 01-10-2023, 10:48 AM   #161
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post
House Republicans voted to gut the House Ethics Committee, and George Santos said it was 'fantastic

But I’m not fair to the GOP.

They are doing exactly what I said they would be doing with Mr. Santos nothing'

And House Passes Bill to Claw Back $80B for IRS Expansion

With their first economic legislation of the new Congress, House Republicans are making clear that their top economic priority is to allow the rich and multi-billion dollar corporations to skip out on their taxes, while making life harder for ordinary, middle-class families that pay the taxes they owe,

Yep Jim that’s how you fix Social Security ? that’s how you they cut spending ?by reducing revenues

keep thinking it’s for the future generations of Americans
pete, pointing out that they want to cut the IRS budget, and concluding that the gop likes tax cheats, are two very different things. What if there’s that much waste at the IRS? you’re prematurely assuming that the motive behind every single act, is sinister. and maybe their motives are diabolical, but you can’t just claim that with zero evidence. You saying something, doesn’t make it true.

I heard the GOP is going to make Darth Vader the next head of the RNC, did you hear that one? and that the gop wants to confiscate all the seeing eye dogs, and butcher them to eat in the GOP cafeteria.

We’re all doomed!!!

It’s not that you’re unfair. You’re beyond bonkers. and like most liberals, you’re assuming that supporting something ( like the IRS, or public schools), ALWAYS means that you should want to throw more money at it. liberals believe that money ( and more power to them) is the solution to every single problem in the universe.
Old 01-10-2023, 10:53 AM   #162
wdmso

Quote:
pete, pointing out that they want to cut the IRS budget, and concluding that the gop likes tax cheats, are two very different things. What if there’s that much waste at the IRS? you’re prematurely assuming that the motive behind every single act, is sinister. and maybe their motives are diabolical, but you can’t just claim that with zero evidence. You saying something, doesn’t make it true.

I heard the GOP is going to make Darth Vader the next head of the RNC, did you hear that one? and that the gop wants to confiscate all the seeing eye dogs, and butcher them to eat i’m the GOP cafeteria.

We’re all doomed!!!

It’s not that you’re unfair. You’re beyond bonkers.
Once again, Jim, your false equivalences, are without peer,

but keep excusing away, republican behavior, with your outrageous hyperbole to deflect from the actual truth on the ground

I’m sure America will survive their nonsense

And just because they fail to take all the seeing eye dogs. Does it mean they didn’t try?
Old 01-10-2023, 10:59 AM   #163
wdmso

Quote:
Diamond —of the right-wing, Trump- loving duo Diamond and Silk— has died. In late November, she was hospitalized due to COVID-19. The duo was fired by Fox News a couple years ago for spreading misinformation about COVID-19 and vaccines. You cannot script this stuff.
The pair's social media post mourned Hardaway as "a True Angel and Warrior Patriot for Freedom, Love and Humanity," and linked to an online fundraising page for a memorial ceremony

Grifters even in death
Old 01-10-2023, 11:02 AM   #164
Jim in CT

Quote:
Once again, Jim, your false equivalences, are without peer,

but keep excusing away, republican behavior, with your outrageous hyperbole to deflect from the actual truth on the ground

I’m sure America will survive their nonsense

And just because they fail to take all the seeing eye dogs. Does it mean they didn’t try?
when you can’t concede that 12.4 is larger than 7, when you insist that democrats have balanced the budget after Bill Clinton was president, how much credibility do you think you still have?

i’m not excusing a single thing. but their actions aren’t immoral simply because you or pete say “they are immoral.”

How do you know it’s immoral to deny the big funding increase that democrats wanted to give the IRS?

the gop did it, so it must be bad

Do you know how Bill Clinton balanced his budget despite tax cuts? he kicked millions of people off welfare. if a republican did that today, you’d call him a monster.

When faced with irrefutable evidence of your hypocrisy and zero principles, all you do is say “false equivalence”, without ever explaining why the equivalence is false and not valid. you guys act like proclaiming something, is proof that it’s true. you do it constantly.

nice to not have to support any of your idiotic conclusions.
Old 01-10-2023, 11:24 AM   #165
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:

I heard the GOP is going to make Darth Vader the next head of the RNC, did you hear that one? and that the gop wants to confiscate all the seeing eye dogs, and butcher them to eat in the GOP cafeteria.

We’re all doomed!!!

It’s not that you’re unfair. You’re beyond bonkers. and like most liberals, you’re assuming that supporting something ( like the IRS, or public schools), ALWAYS means that you should want to throw more money at it. liberals believe that money ( and more power to them) is the solution to every single problem in the universe.
You should really quit with the misinformation.
Claiming all the things you do about Democrats is tiring.
Ask an enrolled agent how bad dealing with the understaffed IRS is.
Perhaps you can explain the GOP’s motives in defunding the IRS?
Maybe a little cost benefit analysis?

The failure of the government in pursuing white collar and high income crime is well documented.

The greatest trick the Right ever pulled off was convincing so many everyday Americans that the people wanting to give them affordable healthcare, education & a living wage were somehow the bad guys.

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Lets Go Darwin
Old 01-10-2023, 11:35 AM   #166
Pete F.
Canceled

When you see Republicans trashing helping people with Medicare and Social Security, REMEMBER that they GAVE 2 TRILLION in Tax Forgiveness to 600 Billionaires, that WE are paying for.
Old 01-10-2023, 11:38 AM   #167
Pete F.
Canceled

Today in the U.S., corporations will steal $137 million in wages, rich people will steal $2.75 billion in taxes, and 1,300 people will die from poverty, air pollution, and medical error. Think about who benefits from ignoring this and focusing on low-level crime instead.
Old 01-10-2023, 11:41 AM   #168
Jim in CT

Quote:
You should really quit with the misinformation.
Claiming all the things you do about Democrats is tiring.
Ask an enrolled agent how bad dealing with the understaffed IRS is.
Perhaps you can explain the GOP’s motives in defunding the IRS?
Maybe a little cost benefit analysis?

The failure of the government in pursuing white collar and high income crime is well documented.

The greatest trick the Right ever pulled off was convincing so many everyday Americans that the people wanting to give them affordable healthcare, education & a living wage were somehow the bad guys.
"Claiming all the things you do about Democrats is tiring."

I'm sure it is. You're not used to anyone who isn't as crazy as you are.

"Ask an enrolled agent how bad dealing with the understaffed IRS is."

Sure. I'm sure that's exactly what you did, you polled IRS agents, before you concluded the GOPs idea was wrong. You didn't just immediately leap to the politically convenient conclusion, no, you did some research, which for some reason you won't share, in order to support your position? Gee I wonder why that is?

"Perhaps you can explain the GOP’s motives in defunding the IRS?
Maybe a little cost benefit analysis?"

I have absolutely no idea. I have zero basis to say anything knowledgeable on the subject, which is precisely why I am not saying the idea is great, nor am I saying it's evil. I don't know. I cannot give an informed opinion on everything. Neither can you, but that doesn't stop you from jumping to insane conclusions.

"the people wanting to give them affordable healthcare, education & a living wage were somehow the bad guys."

Is healthcare or education cheaper now, than it was a few years ago? Not in CT it's not. Please explain...

An equally impressive trick, is the lefts ability to convince seemingly normal Americans that cops are bad (cops being the one single urban institution in the country that works), men can share locker rooms with girls with no downside, that advocating for abortion is done to enslave women rather than to protect innocent babies, that it's racist to want a secure border, that everyone who disagrees with the left on anything is loathsome, and that the solution to everything, is to throw money at it. Oh, and that government always knows better than parents, which school is best for their children.
Old 01-10-2023, 11:45 AM   #169
Jim in CT

Quote:
Today in the U.S., corporations will steal $137 million in wages, rich people will steal $2.75 billion in taxes, and 1,300 people will die from poverty, air pollution, and medical error. Think about who benefits from ignoring this and focusing on low-level crime instead.
Vintage Pete.

The GOP doesn't care about rape, murder, fentanyl poisoning. Nope. They want to focus all their attention on jaywalking.

There's nothing you won't say, no matter how stupid it is.

"Today in the U.S., corporations will steal $137 million in wages"

How will they do that? And which political party do the largest corporations donate to? These things are called "facts".

Business donates more to democrats than to the GOP. So who is in bed with big business?

https://www.businessinsider.com/wall...esident-2021-4
Old 01-10-2023, 11:58 AM   #170
Jim in CT

Quote:
When you see Republicans trashing helping people with Medicare and Social Security, REMEMBER that they GAVE 2 TRILLION in Tax Forgiveness to 600 Billionaires, that WE are paying for.
I concede SS and Medicare are helpful to those who benefit. No one disagrees.

Pete, tell us how you'd pay for current benefits to remain in place. This is another example. You are bashing Republicans who say benefits need to be reduced so that cash out more closely resembles cash in.

You and Wayne say that's evil. Fine. Tell us why the GOP is wrong when they say it's necessary. And saying "people want that money", doesn't come close to showing that changes aren't required.

this is something I know about. Those programs run massive annual deficits. They have surpluses from older years to rely on, but those reserves are running out, the actuaries know when they will be gone.

Are you saying the actuaries are wrong who say that those programs are heading towards bankruptcy unless we do something?

If they're not wrong, either we need to trim benefits, or raise the tax, or both.

Since you are opposed to making cuts, tell me how you'd pay for them. If you have no clue how to pay for them, you have no business bashing those who say we can't afford them.

I'll wait.

And I hope there's a viable plan. But we can't tax everyone 5% more and funnel that money top SS and Medicare, and that might not be enough anyway.

SS and Medicare are going broke. Here in CT, the teachers pensions and healthcare plans are similarly going broke, and for the same exact reasons. The Baby Boomers are retiring in massive numbers, they want that money, and they're going to expect it for decades. But the contributions were NOWHERE NEAR ENOUGH to fund the benefits.

Whose fault is that? It's the fault of elected officials who have known this for 40 years, but did nothing (that's both parties, but at the state level in CT, it's mostly democrats who doomed us, and we are doomed).

What do we do about it? Beats me, but what I do know, is that I put every cent of my retirement savings into a Roth IRA, not traditional, so that if huge tax hikes take place, I'll be protected.
Old 01-10-2023, 12:17 PM   #171
wdmso

when you can’t concede that 12.4 is larger than 7,

Still waiting are you self employed

If not you only pay 6.2%

And if you are the business pays 6.2 and the employees pay 6.2

And I don’t insist Dems had balanced. Budgets after Clinton

I basically said there wasn’t a balance budget since Clinton.. never used the word after Clinton now with all the complaints of my spelling and grammatical errors suddenly you take what I say to heart?

An equally impressive trick, is the lefts ability to convince seemingly normal Americans

No the average American doesn’t care what people sex is where they use the bathroom or who they love or if you’re an immigrant

But Republicans have convinced their followers drag queens are evil gays are evil transgender are evil liberals are evil immigrants are evil mail in drop boxes and early voting are evil the FBI IRS the courts and the Government itself are enemies of the American people all the from the party who

Supported Trump and his attempt to steal the election. Seat fake electors. Ask for a certain number of votes to be found. and all the republicans who voted against the certification of the election after the capital was attacked and repeated his election lies ..and now republicans are trying to re write history by investigating trumps investigators With their alternative facts

And everyone is coming to take your white Christian way of life with your jobs and only we the GOP can save you!

Only the cults ignorance allows thid logic to resonate with them and they see Republicans at least in the house as patriots
Old 01-10-2023, 01:18 PM   #172
Jim in CT

Quote:
when you can’t concede that 12.4 is larger than 7,

Still waiting are you self employed

If not you only pay 6.2%

And if you are the business pays 6.2 and the employees pay 6.2

And I don’t insist Dems had balanced. Budgets after Clinton

I basically said there wasn’t a balance budget since Clinton.. never used the word after Clinton now with all the complaints of my spelling and grammatical errors suddenly you take what I say to heart?

An equally impressive trick, is the lefts ability to convince seemingly normal Americans

No the average American doesn’t care what people sex is where they use the bathroom or who they love or if you’re an immigrant

But Republicans have convinced their followers drag queens are evil gays are evil transgender are evil liberals are evil immigrants are evil mail in drop boxes and early voting are evil the FBI IRS the courts and the Government itself are enemies of the American people all the from the party who

Supported Trump and his attempt to steal the election. Seat fake electors. Ask for a certain number of votes to be found. and all the republicans who voted against the certification of the election after the capital was attacked and repeated his election lies ..and now republicans are trying to re write history by investigating trumps investigators With their alternative facts

And everyone is coming to take your white Christian way of life with your jobs and only we the GOP can save you!

Only the cults ignorance allows thid logic to resonate with them and they see Republicans at least in the house as patriots
"Still waiting are you self employed"

Yes and no. I own an LLC that does actuarial consulting. And I also have a job with a company.

"If not you only pay 6.2% "

If not, my employer and I each pay 6.2. So 12.4% goes into SS on my behalf, attached to my SS#. Teachers currently pay 7% (it was 6% when I taught), and the rest has to come from taxpayers.

I'll ask again, is 12.4 more than, or less than, 7?

If 12.4% doesn't fund my SS benefit (and it doesn't), there's no way that 7% of a teachers salary comes close to funding their pension.

"And I don’t insist Dems had balanced. Budgets after Clinton "

You did insist it recently.

"I basically said there wasn’t a balance budget since Clinton"

Go read what you wrote. You said only democrats had balanced the budget after Clinton.

"No the average American doesn’t care what people sex is where they use the bathroom"

I don't think the average american wants their girls to be forced to undress in front of boys at school.

"Republicans have convinced their followers drag queens are evil "

We feel draq queens who enjoy doing their thing in front of children, are weird. As are parents who see nothing wrong with it.

"Supported Trump and his attempt to steal the election"

Democrats supported the house democrats who tried to steal the 2016 election. You won't condemn that. You can't. Because they are democrats, and democrats can never be wrong.

"And everyone is coming to take your white Christian way of life with your jobs and only we the GOP can save you!"

Your side tells Christians they must participate in gay marriage, under penalty of law. Your side said that churches had to close during covid, but liquor stores could stay open, and that mass protests against police could continue. So you could gather with a huge crowd and chant for dead cops, but your side wouldn't let people gather in small crowds to pray.

That's what happened. Whether you like it or not, that's what happened. People who believe in a big god, don't have any need for a big government.
Old 01-10-2023, 02:16 PM   #173
wdmso

Quote:
"Still waiting are you self employed"

Yes and no. I own an LLC that does actuarial consulting. And I also have a job with a company.

"If not you only pay 6.2% "

If not, my employer and I each pay 6.2. So 12.4% goes into SS on my behalf, attached to my SS#. Teachers currently pay 7% (it was 6% when I taught), and the rest has to come from taxpayers.

I'll ask again, is 12.4 more than, or less than, 7?

Keep moving the goal post you personally pay 6.2 so that’s less than 7 . where the rest comes from is irrelevant and they aka teachers in no way impact your benefits

If 12.4% doesn't fund my SS benefit (and it doesn't), there's no way that 7% of a teachers salary comes close to funding their pension.

Neither plan is designed to Fund your retirement your contributions fund those who retire ahead of you

"And I don’t insist Dems had balanced. Budgets after Clinton "

You did insist it recently.

"I basically said there wasn’t a balance budget since Clinton"

Go read what you wrote. You said only democrats had balanced the budget after Clinton.

I know what I wrote and I’ve told you that’s not what I meant it was worded incorrectly . I fully aware there hasn’t been a balanced budget since Clinton

"No the average American doesn’t care what people sex is where they use the bathroom"

I don't think the average american wants their girls to be forced to undress in front of boys at school.

"Republicans have convinced their followers drag queens are evil "

We feel draq queens who enjoy doing their thing in front of children, are weird. As are parents who see nothing wrong with it.

But only Republicans are passing laws to prevent drag show?

"Supported Trump and his attempt to steal the election"

Democrats supported the house democrats who tried to steal the 2016 election. You won't condemn that. You can't. Because they are democrats, and democrats can never be wrong.

Keep twisting that same factually dishonesty knot

"And everyone is coming to take your white Christian way of life with your jobs and only we the GOP can save you!"

Your side tells Christians they must participate in gay marriage, under penalty of law.

Yes Jim discrimination is against the law . Offering services to the public including all citizens if I buy invitation from you you’re not participating in my wedding. You sold a product
Just more twisted logic

Your side said that churches had to close during covid, but liquor stores could stay open, and that mass protests against police could continue. So you could gather with a huge crowd and chant for dead cops, but your side wouldn't let people gather in small crowds to pray.

Clearly you don’t understand why liquor stores remained open shocking it’s called alcoholism and good forbid they didn’t want half the country going into withdrawal

Why they stopped people from gathering in mass inside and why outdoor was different had nothing with attacking religion

You’re side that’s funny Trump was potus Most states have religious exemptions to COVID-19 social distancing rules States that had bans. Alaska California WA state Idaho Montana Minnesota Ny New Jersey and Vt again facts aren’t on your side
Not shocked. https://www.pewresearch.org/fact-tan...exemptions_01/

That's what happened. Whether you like it or not, that's what happened. People who believe in a big god, don't have any need for a big government.

No Jim everything happened for a reason and are easily explained and justified and temporary

Conspiracy Theories don’t help

Texas legislature, which saw the introduction of 10 separate bills designed to criminalize gender-affirming care for trans youth, criminalize drag shows, ban trans kids in sports (again), limit changes to gender markers on the birth certificates of minors, and limit discussion of sexual orientation and gender identity in schools.

Louisiana lawmaker wants to deny minors access to gender-affirming health care, even if parents approve of the procedures. The sweeping proposal would also override medical advice and stop insurers from covering transgender treatments.

A top Republican in the Oklahoma Senate wants to ban all gender reassignment surgeries for people under 26 years old. But you can buy an AR at 18 or shoot a teacher at 6. Don’t blame the gun

Keep thinking Jim the GOPs about freedom. We’ll they are just the freedoms they agree with
Old 01-10-2023, 02:26 PM   #174
Jim in CT

Quote:
No Jim everything happened for a reason and are easily explained and justified and temporary

Texas legislature, which saw the introduction of 10 separate bills designed to criminalize gender-affirming care for trans youth, criminalize drag shows, ban trans kids in sports (again), limit changes to gender markers on the birth certificates of minors, and limit discussion of sexual orientation and gender identity in schools.

Louisiana lawmaker wants to deny minors access to gender-affirming health care, even if parents approve of the procedures. The sweeping proposal would also override medical advice and stop insurers from covering transgender treatments.

A top Republican in the Oklahoma Senate wants to ban all gender reassignment surgeries for people under 26 years old. But you can buy an AR at 18 or shoot a teacher at 6. Don’t blame the gun

Keep thinking Jim the GOPs about freedom. We’ll they are just the freedoms they agree with
i love it. “everything happened for a reason.”

but you don’t tell us the reason. because you don’t know what it is and the courts threw it out.

but nothing to see, because nothing can be wrong of democrats do it. everything the left does has a good reason. everything the right does has an evil reason. right?

Florida is now synonymous with “freedom.”
Old 01-10-2023, 02:28 PM   #175
Jim in CT

Quote:

you can shoot a teacher at 6? that was legal? funny the kid was taken into custody.
Old 01-10-2023, 03:30 PM   #176
wdmso

Quote:
you can shoot a teacher at 6? that was legal? funny the kid was taken into custody.

Don’t read much into taken into custody sounds worse than it is

Should read mother taken into custody honestly
Old 01-10-2023, 03:40 PM   #177
wdmso

Meanwhile republicans vote back in the Holman Rule, from 1875

allowing lawmakers to reduce or eliminate federal agency programs and to slash the salaries of individual federal employees.

During the House floor debate, Rep. Kat Cammack (R-Fla.), an ally of House Speaker Kevin McCarthy (R-Calif.), blasted federal officials as “unelected bureaucrats, the true, real swamp creatures here in D.C.,” saying they had “run roughshod over the American people without consequence.”

I guess there are no Republicans working in government or will they use past voting records to determine who stays and who goes.

Installing loyalists and calling it draining the swamp wow republicans are twisted

If you’re a federal employee, this now becomes a risk that you have to think ‘I may get myself get in hot water or have my salary dropped to zero or my job could get axed’”

But none of it will get pass the senate
But they’ll waste the time grandstanding
Old 01-10-2023, 04:30 PM   #178
Jim in CT

Quote:
Don’t read much into taken into custody sounds worse than it is

Should read mother taken into custody honestly
Agreed 1,000%!! i think it's long past time we hold these idiot parents accountable for the inevitable results of lousy parenting.

I also read that even after the teacher was shot in the chest, she made sure all her little kids were out of the classroom before she left.

THAT is a hero, a rare thing I bet we can agree on.

As to that poor kid, my God, what do you do with a kid like that?
Old 01-10-2023, 04:33 PM   #179
Jim in CT

Quote:
Meanwhile republicans vote back in the Holman Rule, from 1875

allowing lawmakers to reduce or eliminate federal agency programs and to slash the salaries of individual federal employees.

During the House floor debate, Rep. Kat Cammack (R-Fla.), an ally of House Speaker Kevin McCarthy (R-Calif.), blasted federal officials as “unelected bureaucrats, the true, real swamp creatures here in D.C.,” saying they had “run roughshod over the American people without consequence.”

I guess there are no Republicans working in government or will they use past voting records to determine who stays and who goes.

Installing loyalists and calling it draining the swamp wow republicans are twisted

If you’re a federal employee, this now becomes a risk that you have to think ‘I may get myself get in hot water or have my salary dropped to zero or my job could get axed’”

But none of it will get pass the senate
But they’ll waste the time grandstanding
Wayne, using your exact words, can I simply say "there was a reason" and that's good enough? Or is that only good enough for you to use?

I'm not an extremist. But there are unelected people in DC who are very powerful and have been there way too long. Obviously not every federal employee fits into that category. But there are some.

In a democracy, only those we elect should be able to make policy. That way we can vote them out if we don't like what they're doing.
Not judges, not bureaucrats. Do you disagree? That's a sincere question, not a gotcha question.
Old 01-10-2023, 05:57 PM   #180
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
"Claiming all the things you do about Democrats is tiring."

I'm sure it is. You're not used to anyone who isn't as crazy as you are.

"Ask an enrolled agent how bad dealing with the understaffed IRS is."

Sure. I'm sure that's exactly what you did, you polled IRS agents, before you concluded the GOPs idea was wrong. You didn't just immediately leap to the politically convenient conclusion, no, you did some research, which for some reason you won't share, in order to support your position? Gee I wonder why that is?

"Perhaps you can explain the GOP’s motives in defunding the IRS?
Maybe a little cost benefit analysis?"

I have absolutely no idea. I have zero basis to say anything knowledgeable on the subject, which is precisely why I am not saying the idea is great, nor am I saying it's evil. I don't know. I cannot give an informed opinion on everything. Neither can you, but that doesn't stop you from jumping to insane conclusions.

"the people wanting to give them affordable healthcare, education & a living wage were somehow the bad guys."

Is healthcare or education cheaper now, than it was a few years ago? Not in CT it's not. Please explain...

An equally impressive trick, is the lefts ability to convince seemingly normal Americans that cops are bad (cops being the one single urban institution in the country that works), men can share locker rooms with girls with no downside, that advocating for abortion is done to enslave women rather than to protect innocent babies, that it's racist to want a secure border, that everyone who disagrees with the left on anything is loathsome, and that the solution to everything, is to throw money at it. Oh, and that government always knows better than parents, which school is best for their children.
Your rationale for your choice is to own the libs, and you think I’m crazy.
Good luck

Lets Go Darwin