Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Main Forum » StriperTalk!

StriperTalk! All things Striper

Old 01-10-2019, 11:23 PM   #1
Ian
Idiot

MA Vacation Tax

So I just got an email from the place we typically rent: I guess MA passed a law for rentals less that 31 days to cash in on their lovely tourist demand, particularly on the cape.

By the time the taxes stack on top of each other, they are between 12.75 and 14.75%

Also requires rentals across the state to enroll in a statewide registry for the property to enforce compliance with the law. Insurance and other protections for landlords won’t apply to properties not in the registry.

... wow

The artist formerly known as Scratch59.
Ian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2019, 05:02 AM   #2
wdmso

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian View Post
So I just got an email from the place we typically rent: I guess MA passed a law for rentals less that 31 days to cash in on their lovely tourist demand, particularly on the cape.

By the time the taxes stack on top of each other, they are between 12.75 and 14.75%

Also requires rentals across the state to enroll in a statewide registry for the property to enforce compliance with the law. Insurance and other protections for landlords won’t apply to properties not in the registry.

... wow

was under the impression it was only arbnb listings ... and just was pushed by Bostons Mayor claiming rentals in the city were taking away housing ....

If you live in Mass you realize quickly only Boston exist in the minds of the state house ... its always about boston
wdmso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2019, 07:20 AM   #3
Ian
Idiot

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post
was under the impression it was only arbnb listings ... and just was pushed by Bostons Mayor claiming rentals in the city were taking away housing ....

If you live in Mass you realize quickly only Boston exist in the minds of the state house ... its always about boston
https://www.nausetrental.com/tax
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

The artist formerly known as Scratch59.
Ian is offline   Reply With Quote