Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Grumpy Old Pharts Board

Grumpy Old Pharts Board Gerritol, Ex-Lax, Immodium, Bad Breath - all requirements for the Grumpy Board

Old 09-22-2007, 11:27 AM   #1
fishsmith
DDG-51

kids without discipline

I just found my bait pen flattened next my shed. I knew it was my neighbors grandkids, but 1st questioned my own kids and they swore they didn't do it, and I believed them. I hang the flattened pen on the neighbors fence with a sign saying "WHO DID THIS?! "
As I'm mowing the lawn I see the kids who I think did it and questioned them, "did you guys do this" and like it was nothing they said "yup", not even a look of concern in there eye's. I tell them I'm very very angry and to take this to their grandmother. She comes out moments later, tells me she'll pay for it ect.. I said, i don't want the money, I just want to be able to leave stuff out without it getting ruined. She tells me she'll tell their folks, I asked her if she can do what I do to my kids for discipline have them write 100x " I will not destroy others property" , she smiled and said great idea. I know it's old school, but I think it keeps the kids thinking.

This is a great place to vent.
fishsmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2007, 01:10 PM   #2
teaser
Wave Jumper

I would've just took the bait pen and wrapped it around their heads, that's old school.

Insanity is a long and winding road ... I think I finally made it there.
teaser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2007, 01:43 PM   #3
fishsmith
DDG-51

Quote:
Originally Posted by teaser View Post
I would've just took the bait pen and wrapped it around their heads, that's old school.

right on brother!!
fishsmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2007, 04:02 PM   #4
justplugit
Registered Grandpa

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by teaser View Post
:

LMAO, too funnie Teaser, and true too.

" Choose Life "
justplugit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2007, 07:20 PM   #5
baldwin

Should wrap that bait pen around their parents' heads instead, for raising the little guys wrong. Shows ya what happens when Dad is out on the golf course instead of takin' the kids fishin'.
baldwin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2007, 07:52 AM   #6
saltfly

grandma should have dragged the "little angels"over to your house immediately and had them apologize on the spot.then do the 100x and give it to their parents.
saltfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2007, 11:25 AM   #7
FishermanTim

Quote:
Originally Posted by saltfly View Post
grandma should have dragged the "little angels"over to your house immediately and had them apologize on the spot.then do the 100x and give it to their parents.
I agree 100%
When I was a kid eons ago, and I screwed up, my parents made me confront the other person involved so that I got to see and hear their reactions. To this day, I will acknowledge my mistakes willingly because I can usually sympathize with the other person and it eliminates the stress of wondering if you "got away with it".
If I need to make amends, I'll also cough up the dough or do something (yardwork, etc...) to attone for my wayward ways.
It's amazing that that kind of approach can earn the respect of the other person, and eventually make you respect yourself.
It's a real character-builder.
I would only hope their parents are true "hands-on" parents, and not parents-by-proxy (by TV).
You know, the kind that let TV instill their kids virtues instead of instilling their own.
Good luck.
FishermanTim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2007, 10:24 PM   #8
Hooper
Southsider

Fishsmith-

I half expected to read somewhere in your post "...and then the parents showed up and told me to lay of their kid!" Down here on the Cape an off-duty Barnstable cop got his POV shot up by some punk kids and their paintball guns while driving down the road... (read a serious car crash likely???) So he snatches them up and calls a cruiser to come take them in. Well, he was charged by the DA's office for A&B. I hear that at least one of the kids is getting counseling for his "nightmares" from the "attack", the parent is considering a suit against the cop.
Hooper is offline   Reply With Quote