Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 10-02-2008, 09:53 PM   #1
Duke41
got gas?

Palin is an idiot

How the hell did she make gov of Alaska, she makes Bush look accomplished as a public speaker, run on sentences, nonsense words, pointless comments. Does she have any formal education at all? Before you blast me I am a life long Republican. There is no way on hell I am going to vote to have that moron back up McCain. Go Barry Barrack!!
Old 10-02-2008, 10:00 PM   #2
Nebe

I felt that she did OK.. lots and lots of reciting..
Old 10-02-2008, 10:07 PM   #3
The Dad Fisherman
Super Moderator

I thought she did alright....I could have done without the Winks and the Gosh-darnits though

"If you're arguing with an idiot, make sure he isn't doing the same thing."
Old 10-02-2008, 10:13 PM   #4
Nebe

you betchya dont chaknow..
Old 10-03-2008, 03:59 AM   #5
UserRemoved1
Permanently Disconnected

I agree that was one thing I didn't like much. She acted more like she was spoutin and campaigning than focusing on answering the frickin question she got asked. There was one question that she didn't even address or answer and I wasn't the only one to pickup on it because the moderator did too.

I actually stayed up til 9:45 last night to watch that. I really wanted to see what she was like in a debate atmosphere and I think she flopped. Stop spouting dis and dat goshdarn it shucks I'm a cougar vote for me and get real on what your going to do to get our troops out of Iraq and figure out how your going to help me afford the new health insurance rate of $1300 a month come January when these dooshbags shove mandatory drug coverage down my throats for $200 more a month when I don't need it.

Now I think they both suck.

Edit: for the record I was very much pro Mccain before this. Given his age I am a little concerned but I think he's done alot for this country. More than I think Osamabama has done. She's #2 in line and after last night I don't think she has enough experience or is the right person for the job either Vice President or Commander in Chief.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dad Fisherman View Post
I thought she did alright....I could have done without the Winks and the Gosh-darnits though
Old 10-03-2008, 05:37 AM   #6
buckman

I thought she did well enough. I think they both did what they should do, prop up their guy and make few mistakes. I think she was very carefull not to be baited into a battle with Bidden. Very rarely will any politition directly answer a question. She should have gone after Bidden a little more on the number of wrong stances he has taken including opposing the pipeline in Alaska.

I'm not impressed with less accomplished people that call others idiots.You can say she's not ready to be President, fine. She just went toe to toe with a senior member of the senate with 32 years spouting the BS and and has run multiple times for President. He was never good enough to be President before, I don't want him stepping in by default if Obama gets wacked.
Old 10-03-2008, 05:55 AM   #7
Duke41
got gas?

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckman View Post

I'm not impressed with less accomplished people that call others idiots..
I am not at all trying to impress you. I am very frustrated by the lack of quality candidates from both sides. This is how we end up with an COMPLETE IDIOT LIKE BUSH.
Old 10-03-2008, 06:39 AM   #8
JohnR
Certifiable Intertidal Anguiologist

I think Biden and Palin both did what they needed to do - not take the spotlight off the top dogs. Both finished about the same, not much different than debate 1 youbetchagoshdarnitfargotransplanttowasilla.

I'd rather see Biden in the oval office than Obama though....

~Fix the Bait~ ~Pogies Forever~

Striped Bass Fishing - All Stripers

Kobayashi Maru Election - there is no way to win.

Apocalypse is Coming:
Old 10-03-2008, 06:39 AM   #9
spence

I think she did well enough that the McCain camp would call this a success, which shows how low the bar was set. For all the talk of her looking "presidential" I think as long as she didn't really gaff things it would be a smashing success.

Biden meandered a bit which is typical, but he demonstrated a deep command of his subjects, did a much better job of using stats and several times really painted her into a corner.

Palin was just stringing together random talking points as was expected. I didn't see anything that indicated there were actual thoughts going on in her head. It would have been nice if she actually answered 1/3 of the questions.

The first time Biden brought up Bush she tried to spring a gotchya on him about looking backwards it was a misfire and made her look really stupid, as it did the second time as well.

I thought the CBS interview was pathetic, really, really bad and this just made her look even with that. I think the Dan Quayle comments by the conservative press are pretty generous.

The bottom line (and yes I'm biased towards Biden) is that I think a typical viewer would have understood what an Obama/Biden ticket would do if elected, and I don't think they would have got that from Palin.

Also important is that Palin demonstrated once again, that she's no replacement for McCain if she did become President. This thought probably terrified a lot of people.

-spence
Old 10-03-2008, 06:50 AM   #10
Clogston29
xxx

felt like i was watching Fargo last night

its pretty bad when her performance in the debate is considered a success because she didn't trip walking out to the podium or freeze up like a dear in the headlights. must be nice to have the benefit of low expectations.

i don't like any of the candidates, but was leaning toward mccain until last night as the lesser of two evils. i think palin showed herself as unqualified (may not ready for prime time is a better description) and a poor choice at this time. mccain is old, and she would have a real chance at becoming president if they are elected. i just can't stomach the idea of her going over to china, north korea, iran, etc., ect. if things ever start going bad. "Golly Gee Mahmoud Ahmadinejad, we just don't think you having nuclear weapons pointed at Isreal is a good idea - I love Isreal, and your just jealous of their way of life and freedomes"

"Remember, my friend, that knowledge is stronger than memory, and we should not trust the weaker" - Van Helsing
Old 10-03-2008, 06:53 AM   #11
fishpoopoo
Wipe My Bottom

Cool

it's still hit it.

Old 10-03-2008, 07:04 AM   #12
UserRemoved1
Permanently Disconnected

so would I Ben.

{{{{DRUDGE POLL}}}} WHO WON THE VICE PRESIDENTIAL DEBATE?...

BIDEN
29% 84,162
PALIN
69% 199,071
NEITHER
2% 4,846
Old 10-03-2008, 07:07 AM   #13
Joe

Great suit on Sarah. I was captivated each time the camera panned to show her butt in profile, found myself entertaining other thoughts and not paying attention. I liked those winks. I think she's even more hot than before.

Old 10-03-2008, 07:39 AM   #14
JohnR
Certifiable Intertidal Anguiologist

And Biden might have been more clear on some (of Baraks) issues but I don't necessarily like those stances.

And Biden was wrong on what Palin was stating "McClellan" (actually it's McKiernan) was requiring. Talking points or not (wrong name or not) Palin was actually closer to the truth on AFG that Joltin Joe.

Still rather see Joe Biden than Barack Obama as pres.

Really wish we could wind the clock back to 1999

~Fix the Bait~ ~Pogies Forever~

Striped Bass Fishing - All Stripers

Kobayashi Maru Election - there is no way to win.

Apocalypse is Coming:
Old 10-03-2008, 07:46 AM   #15
PaulS

I thought Biden did a little better but certainly w/o any major gaffes, Palin could say she one. I like how when they don't want to answer a question, they just say anything they want.
Old 10-03-2008, 07:55 AM   #16
Nebe

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckman View Post
I'm not impressed with less accomplished people that call others idiots.

Any one who thinks that humans were alive at the same time as dinosaurs is an idiot. Sorry.
Old 10-03-2008, 08:04 AM   #17
RIJIMMY
sick of bluefish

I thought Biden was great. BY great, I mean he said very little substance and sometimes untrue, but he did it very convincingly. Palin did what she needed to do, which is not do a terrible job.
I cant tell you I am crazy about Palin, but its just shocking to me that for years the masses have been crying about how Washington is separated from the common American, that we need someone who understands our issues, we need someone who is not a career politician and yet along comes Palin and everyone slams her for exactly those things. you cant have it all. Im just very suprised by the comments above re: palin and dont get it. If you could go back in time, some of our best presidents where the Gosh Darnit types. To me, thats what America is about, we have never been the polished bunch but the dependable mutts that shine through with our values and beliefs.

The post-debate commentart was all very positive for Palin and based on Salty's poll numbers, it looks like people believe she won. Bottom line, it will have very little effect on the election.

making s-b.com a kinder, gentler place for all
Old 10-03-2008, 08:04 AM   #18
UserRemoved1
Permanently Disconnected

WINK WINK
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	sarahwink.jpg
Views:	63
Size:	15.8 KB
ID:	29310  
Old 10-03-2008, 08:07 AM   #19
EarnedStripes44

I thought the moderator was weak.
Old 10-03-2008, 08:17 AM   #20
RIJIMMY
sick of bluefish

Ifill was kind of lame.

Also, maybe Im a softie, but I was kind of touched by the post debate demeanor of both Biden and Palin on stage, they seemed to actually want to talk to each other and seeing Biden put his hands on Palin's daughters shoulders was cool. It just seemed sincere all around. Both Biden and Palin seemed actually happy to have met. Made you think about what this is all about.
ok- my liberal moment is over.

Old 10-03-2008, 08:58 AM   #21
The Dad Fisherman
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by RIJIMMY View Post
The post-debate commentart was all very positive for Palin and based on Salty's poll numbers, it looks like people believe she won.
Just depends on who you read.

The CNN/Opinion Research Corp. said 51 percent of those polled thought Biden did the best job, while 36 percent thought Palin did the best job.

Old 10-03-2008, 08:58 AM   #22
slapshot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nebe View Post
Any one who thinks that humans were alive at the same time as dinosaurs is an idiot. Sorry.
Guess you never saw the Flintstones.

bluefish Jihadist
Old 10-03-2008, 09:00 AM   #23
fishpoopoo
Wipe My Bottom

Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnR View Post

Really wish we could wind the clock back to 1999
Make it 1986, dude.

We could have avoided our current economic predicament if Alan Greenspan weren't appointed to Fed Chair.

Old 10-03-2008, 09:05 AM   #24
UserRemoved1
Permanently Disconnected

updated drudge poll numbers. Yahoo says more people voted for Biden. Somebody's numbers is a joke...

'Say it ain't so, Joe'...
{{{{DRUDGE POLL}}}} WHO WON THE VICE PRESIDENTIAL DEBATE?...

BIDEN
28% 101,926
PALIN
70% 252,994
NEITHER
2% 6,218

Total Votes: 361,138
Old 10-03-2008, 09:07 AM   #25
The Dad Fisherman
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by #^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^& View Post
Somebody's numbers is a joke...

Considering the Drudge Report has an Article that states Homer Simpson is Backing Obama......hmmmm

Old 10-03-2008, 09:49 AM   #26
bart
Red Eye Jedi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe View Post
Great suit on Sarah. I was captivated each time the camera panned to show her butt in profile, found myself entertaining other thoughts and not paying attention. I liked those winks. I think she's even more hot than before.
i was thinking the same thing. she's got a great bum. and she's got that that hot librarian look going on. total "coug"

ps. both VP candidates seem more genuine than their respective counterparts...
Old 10-03-2008, 09:59 AM   #27
RIJIMMY
sick of bluefish

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20081003/...ate_fact_check

Old 10-03-2008, 10:25 AM   #28
The Dad Fisherman
Super Moderator

I read that 1st thing this AM......just goes to show that everybody is full of Chit

Old 10-03-2008, 10:27 AM   #29
Nebe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe View Post
All that moose fat goes right to the arse.
Old 10-03-2008, 10:50 AM   #30
Swimmer
Retired Surfer

I think Nebe is turnng a page here. He seems might interested in Madame Governor Palin.

Swimmer a.k.a. YO YO MA
Serial Mailbox Killer/Seal Fisherman