Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 10-16-2008, 09:32 AM   #31
RIJIMMY
sick of bluefish

I see your liberal ethics shining through.

Not the case though for RIJImmy and spouse who work for people, get paid well and still have to sock away as much cash as possible in order to send kids to college, who will get penalized for grants/loans becasue their parents make $ and yet there parents are penalized becasue of their salaris and have to pay higher taxes! What incentive!

making s-b.com a kinder, gentler place for all
Old 10-16-2008, 09:34 AM   #32
likwid
lobster = striper bait

Send a message via AIM to likwid
Shouldn't you in the proper right wing fashion be telling your kids to suck it up and pay their own way?

Hell, I wrote off lunch with Nebe!

Ski Quicks Hole
Old 10-16-2008, 09:37 AM   #33
RIJIMMY
sick of bluefish

Quote:
Originally Posted by likwid View Post
You just don't listen do you?
Thats ok.
I dont have to listen because I live it. My parents, no college education, yet sent me and my sister to college and still vacationed and lived good lives. How? Hard work? Govt assistance required? NONE!

Me, wife and I both work, bust are arses to get ahead and have succeded! My wife came to this country from India when se was 11, public schools, got a job working a bank shift at night to put herself through college, took her 8 years for an undergrad degree.
please tell me why I need to sacrfice for LAZY PEOPLE. We had no silver spoon, just a strong work ethic.

Old 10-16-2008, 09:38 AM   #34
RIJIMMY
sick of bluefish

Quote:
Shouldn't you in the proper right wing fashion be telling your kids to suck it up and pay their own way?

Hell, I wrote off lunch with Nebe!
I think thats the liberal fashion. I take care of my own and THOUGHT about my obligations before reproducing.

Old 10-16-2008, 09:39 AM   #35
Nebe

Jim, I suggest you start a consultation business. I have and write off $20 for every post on this forum.. ... not really.
Old 10-16-2008, 09:50 AM   #36
RIJIMMY
sick of bluefish

Obamas pitch is that he is about Change and a Uniter. He really is just :anti-bush" whihc I cant blame the american public for supporting given Bush;s performance but look at this Interesting from factcheck.org.

Obama strained to portray himself as willing to break ranks with fellow Democrats. His prime example was his vote for a bill that was supported by 18 Democrats and opposed by 26. Congressional Quarterly rates him as voting with his party 97 percent of the time since becoming a U.S. senator.

Not much of a uniter and not one for independant thought.

Old 10-16-2008, 09:55 AM   #37
likwid
lobster = striper bait

Quote:
Originally Posted by RIJIMMY View Post
I think thats the liberal fashion. I take care of my own and THOUGHT about my obligations before reproducing.
See, you're confused about liberalism.
Liberalism is pandering to people and giving them everything they want, just like you paying your children's college education.

Now make like a good righty and kick em out!

Ski Quicks Hole
Old 10-16-2008, 09:58 AM   #38
RIJIMMY
sick of bluefish

Quote:
See, you're confused about liberalism.
Liberalism is pandering to people and giving them everything they want, just like you paying your children's college education.

Now make like a good righty and kick em out!
then I couldnt claim them as dependants on my taxes.

Old 10-16-2008, 10:12 AM   #39
Bronko

Wink

Quote:
I dont have to listen because I live it. My parents, no college education, yet sent me and my sister to college and still vacationed and lived good lives. How? Hard work? Govt assistance required? NONE!

Me, wife and I both work, bust are arses to get ahead and have succeded! My wife came to this country from India when se was 11, public schools, got a job working a bank shift at night to put herself through college, took her 8 years for an undergrad degree.
please tell me why I need to sacrfice for LAZY PEOPLE. We had no silver spoon, just a strong work ethic.

Posts like these are moonbat kryptonite.

You are working to Hard Jim, slow up and smell the roses. You didn't hear? Weez gonna 'spread the wealth.'

The charm of fishing is that it is the pursuit of what is elusive but attainable, a perpetual series of occasions for hope. ~John Buchan
Old 10-16-2008, 10:17 AM   #40
likwid
lobster = striper bait

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronko View Post
OH MY GOD IT WAS SUCH A BLASTING!
MAN JUST NO REPLY COULD BE MADE IN RESPONSE!

WITTY RETORT BRAVO BRAVO

Ski Quicks Hole
Old 10-16-2008, 10:40 AM   #41
spence

Quote:
If he did that, he would win the election.
No, he would have just scored some points. Anybody who understands the Wright and Ayers issues have heard the story and already made up their minds. This would have been no knockout blow, not even close.

-spence
Old 10-16-2008, 10:56 AM   #42
striperman36
Old Guy

No knockout blows last night.
Just grumpy old man whining.

Let's talk about the Keating Five for a while
Old 10-16-2008, 11:27 AM   #43
RIJIMMY
sick of bluefish

did you guys see the latest McCain ad! Whoa, this is an attack, scroll down to view!

http://www.videovat.com/videos/971/c...ping-real.aspx

Old 10-16-2008, 01:22 PM   #44
striperman36
Old Guy

http://money.cnn.com/2008/10/15/smal...ion=2008101612

Fact check: Plumber Joe's taxes

McCain has entrepreneurs spooked about tax hikes, but fewer than 2% of small business owners would pay more under Obama's plan.
Old 10-16-2008, 01:35 PM   #45
RIROCKHOUND
Also known as OAK

Just listening to it now.

Would someone please tell McCain drilling now WILL NOT drop the price of oil in the short term!!

Please?!

Bryan

Originally Posted by #^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&
"For once I agree with Spence. UGH. I just hope I don't get the urge to go start buying armani suits to wear in my shop"
Old 10-16-2008, 01:38 PM   #46
EarnedStripes44

Quote:
OH MY GOD IT WAS SUCH A BLASTING!
MAN JUST NO REPLY COULD BE MADE IN RESPONSE!

WITTY RETORT BRAVO BRAVO

I just knocked hot tea all over my desk, laughing my ass off!!!!!
Old 10-16-2008, 01:41 PM   #47
RIROCKHOUND
Also known as OAK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronko View Post
Too much Dennis and Callahan, Bronko
You don't call her 'Our Sarah' do you?

Bryan

"For once I agree with Spence. UGH. I just hope I don't get the urge to go start buying armani suits to wear in my shop"
Old 10-16-2008, 02:31 PM   #48
Bronko

Quote:
Originally Posted by RIROCKHOUND View Post
Too much Dennis and Callahan, Bronko
You don't call her 'Our Sarah' do you?
I do like D&C even though I can't stand Gerry Callahan. He gives conservatives a bad name. He is one of the biggest neo-cons I have ever heard.

The charm of fishing is that it is the pursuit of what is elusive but attainable, a perpetual series of occasions for hope. ~John Buchan
Old 10-16-2008, 02:32 PM   #49
RIROCKHOUND
Also known as OAK

Just your terms:
Moonbat is their favorite.

I f'ing hate that a sports station, during MLB playoffs is 90% politics in the morning.
if I click over and thats their topic, I switch it.
They are losing me as a listener, I'm sure I'm not alone...

ok, hijack over

Bryan

Old 10-16-2008, 03:05 PM   #50
buckman

According to Obama 95% of Americans will get a tax break which means 40% will get a check in the mail. I can't see how he is going to close the deficit with that math.
Old 10-16-2008, 05:51 PM   #51
boot man

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckman View Post
According to Obama 95% of Americans will get a tax break which means 40% will get a check in the mail. I can't see how he is going to close the deficit with that math.
What was the deficit that Bush inherited? What is it now?

What was the deficit Bush I left Slick Willie?
Old 10-16-2008, 07:29 PM   #52
spence

Quote:
Simple, if 95% of the people have more money they'll either:

1) Save it which will help solve our long-term credit addiction that's weakened our economy or

2) Spend it which will increase the revenues of businesses and increasing corporate tax revenues. With increased revenues business will be able to pay their employees more increasing individual tax revenues and invest for future growth.

Increased tax revenues can be used to pay down the defecit, assuming that spending is under control. This remains to be a giagantic problem regardless of who's in charge.

It's funny how for the GOP, more money in the pocket seems to be a good thing when it's the investor class, and a bad thing when it's the working class.

Trickle up and trickle down are not mutually exclusive.

-spence
Old 10-16-2008, 07:50 PM   #53
Nebe

trickle up makes the rich nervous..
Old 10-16-2008, 07:58 PM   #54
Nebe

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1016_mccain_obama_landov.jpg
Views:	408
Size:	28.3 KB
ID:	29588  
Old 10-16-2008, 08:12 PM   #55
wader-dad

[QUOTE=boot man;629343]What was the deficit that Bush inherited? What is it now?

This is the total nation debt growth. Those are trillions. More shocking when you add all the zeros

1999 5,656,000,000,000
2000 5,674,000,000,000
2005 7,933,000,000,000
2007 9,008,000,000,000
2008 10,024,700,000,000--estimated= already broke the national debt clock when it hit 10 trillion.

I thought that Republicans are fiscal conservatives and do not run up big deficits.

The following is admittedly from a Bill Clinton website in 1999 but the contrast is astounding:

President Clinton: The United States on Track to Pay Off the Debt by End of the Decade

December 28, 2000

Today, President Clinton will announce that The United States is on course to eliminate its public debt within the next decade. The Administration also announced that we are projected to pay down $237 billion in debt in 2001. Due in part to a strong economy and the President’s commitment to fiscal discipline, the federal fiscal condition has improved for an unprecedented nine consecutive years. Based upon today’s new economic and budget projections for the coming 10 years from the Office of Management and Budget (OMB):

The United States can be debt-free this decade. By dedicating the entire budget surplus to debt reduction, The United States can eliminate its publicly held debt by FY 2009. The next Administration and Congress will need to decide what priorities to address: eliminate the public debt by FY 2010 and still use part of the surplus for responsible tax cuts, prescription drug benefits for Medicare recipients, and investments in key priorities like education and health care.
The national debt is projected to be paid down by $237 billion this year. Under the budget President Clinton and Congress completed two weeks ago, the U.S. is projected to pay down $237 billion of the national debt in FY 2001.
The 4 year total debt paydown will be $600 billion. Over the last three years, we have already paid down $363 billion in debt. Therefore, The United States is on track to reduce the debt by $600 billion over four years, the largest four-year debt pay-down ever.
Record deficits have become record surpluses. This Administration has have moved the country from a deficit of $290 billion in FY 1992 to an expected surplus of $256 billion in FY 2001. Eight years ago, the Congressional Budget Office projected a $513 billion deficit in FY 2001. Thus, the fiscal picture is now projected to improve by $769 billion in FY 2001 alone.
Nine consecutive years of fiscal improvement. FY 2001 will be the fourth year in a row of overall surpluses and the second year in a row of a surplus without counting Social Security or Medicare. It will be the ninth consecutive year of fiscal improvement, the longest such period in history

Yeah I am afraid of those insane big spending Democrats.

If not for the blow jobs, Gore would have won and we would not be in this disaster. Fuc-k You Bill Clinton its all your fault.

Last edited by wader-dad; 10-16-2008 at 08:24 PM..
Old 10-16-2008, 08:16 PM   #56
Nebe

disgusting..
Old 10-16-2008, 08:24 PM   #57
buckman

Look,(if I may open a statement like your hero) if you think you will see a penny of a tax break under Obama then you are a sucker. Haven't we learned anything about politicians. That is all he is, a politician with no firm beliefs or record to proof to me at least, who he is. Once again the same old " Bush this and Bush that". Give it a rest. I'm looking forward and worry about what kind of country my kids, will raise their kids in. I won't vote for Obama, he hasn't proofed to me that he will do whats best for them.
Old 10-16-2008, 08:28 PM   #58
spence

Quote:
Look,(if I may open a statement like your hero) if you think you will see a penny of a tax break under Obama then you are a sucker. Haven't we learned anything about politicians. That is all he is, a politician with no firm beliefs or record to proof to me at least, who he is. Once again the same old " Bush this and Bush that". Give it a rest. I'm looking forward and worry about what kind of country my kids, will raise their kids in. I won't vote for Obama, he hasn't proofed to me that he will do whats best for them.
Any so why is McCain any different?

-spence
Old 10-16-2008, 08:29 PM   #59
Nebe

well it looks like we shall find out doesnt it
Old 10-16-2008, 09:55 PM   #60
wader-dad

Sorry I am in the mood to get all of this off my chest.

If the US is a football team, we had a few losing years and this year is a total collapse- we are now 1-15 and are getting blown out in every game. Mr. Bush is the head coach and Mr. Cheney is assistant head coach. Mr. McCain is on the staff-there is no denying it. even if he is wide receiver coach or assistant in charge of quality control- he is on the coaching staff. So what happens in football when you are 1-15? Do you promote the wide receiver coach or linebacker coach that wants to run the same offense with a few new plays? Or do you bring in a new guy with a whole new coaching staff. In football - you bring in a whole new staff

Who would be on McCains's coaching staff and who would be on oBama's staff. The staff includes the Secretary of State and their entire staffs, Secretary of the Treasury and their staffs, Secretary of Defense and their staffs, Secretary of Energy and their staffs, Interior, DEP, Commerce, Attorney General, Justice Department, HUD, FBI, National Security Agency, SEC, Education,Supreme Court Justices. You don't just get a head coach and thats it. There are hundreds of assistant coaches that help run this country.

Is McCain going to replace all of these people that are loyal republicans? No. All of these advisors to Bush that gave him terrible advice and lead him into trouble will still be around and influencing McCain.

If Obama wins, he appoints his coaching staff. Even if people hate him- they don't think he is stupid. He is not stupid. I think that he would appoint smart people. Clinton appointed smart people. Smart people with fresh outlooks come up with the ideas to solve the problems. We need some new thinkers, new plans. The new plans won't be just a handout. Obama believes in family responsibility. We just can't continue being pissed off that unemployable people with no skills just sit on their asses. There is extreme poverty in this county that is a disgrace.

I love republicans- my wife is a republican- In my experience, republicans are the more charitable and volunteer more than Democrats, they are the salt of the earth--but the republican head coach and his staff have totally failed their fans. They really do not have the same values of their fans. They are beholding to what they perceive as the owners of the team- the top 1%.

We need a new coaching staff just as much if not more than new head coach. USA USA USA