Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » The Scuppers

The Scuppers This is a new forum for the not necessarily fishing related topics...

Old 05-25-2008, 08:54 AM   #1
basswipe

Cox Cable in Tiverton area

Anyone else in this area experiencing issues with digital cable?

My upstairs digital box on more than one occasion has shut itself down.Doesn't show the time,no remote functions work other than the ability to change channels and am only receiving extended basic.Both times Cox sent a signal and reset the box and it works fine for now.Attitude from the rep to boot during today's call.

This better not happen to my HD box during a race!
basswipe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2008, 11:58 AM   #2
Pete_G

I've basically made it a policy to trade in my HD box once a year or so since the Cox office is nearby in Portsmouth. I swear it's the worst thing Motorola ever put it's name on. They run very hot so I wonder if that's what causes such a short lifespan.

My current one is about 6 months old and regularly crashing when I hit pause. Time for another one I guess.
Pete_G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2008, 12:02 PM   #3
Adam_777

My girls mother has the same problems.She's been getting a new box every few months also.Mine has been in my place for at least two years maybe a little less with no problems.Seems everything is cheaply made lately.
Adam_777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2008, 12:14 PM   #4
basswipe

The HD broadcast of Indy is having some problems right now to boot.Better not have any issues during the 600 tonight!
basswipe is offline   Reply With Quote