Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 08-10-2017, 06:05 PM   #61
RIROCKHOUND
Also known as OAK

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckman View Post
If that is his only motivation, and it may be, but then why all the threats to destroy America ? It would be counterproductive to what he is hoping to accomplish.

Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Saber rattling.

Bryan

Originally Posted by #^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&
"For once I agree with Spence. UGH. I just hope I don't get the urge to go start buying armani suits to wear in my shop"
Old 08-11-2017, 03:55 AM   #62
wdmso

the language used by both and the support for such language from supporters ..to achieve their goals

.. will the real Dear leader please stand up...

and in a parallel universe the adults are walking back Trumps rhetoric... and doing what the last several administration have done look for a Diplomatic solution .. the Military has never been off the table for any of them

Mr Mattis, speaking in California late on Thursday, said it was his job as defence secretary to be ready for conflict.
But he said the diplomatic effort, under Secretary of State Rex Tillerson and UN Ambassador Nikki Haley, "has diplomatic traction, it is gaining diplomatic results".
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	lEBYdD0J9la-Qj9WeHP-RKXW6JZhPnpZSg8kaoTT16M.jpg
Views:	455
Size:	85.3 KB
ID:	64428  

Last edited by wdmso; 08-11-2017 at 04:09 AM..
Old 08-11-2017, 04:24 AM   #63
buckman

Quote:
Originally Posted by RIROCKHOUND View Post
Saber rattling.
And Trump is simple stating the obvious .
Old 08-11-2017, 07:00 AM   #64
Cool Beans

Quote:
If that is his only motivation, and it may be, but then why all the threats to destroy America ? It would be counterproductive to what he is hoping to accomplish.

this strategy has worked ok for Iran. Maybe he believes the world wont respect him as a nuclear power unless he makes threats and acts tough. the old fear = respect idea
Old 08-11-2017, 07:09 AM   #65
PaulS

I was searching on line for any criticism of Putin by Pres. Trump. Tough to find anything of substance.
Old 08-11-2017, 07:13 AM   #66
RIROCKHOUND
Also known as OAK

Quote:
And Trump is simple stating the obvious .
Yes, but whatever happened to 'walk softly and carry a big stick'? Trump seems to be 'walk loudly and my staff will walk back my comments...'

Bryan

"For once I agree with Spence. UGH. I just hope I don't get the urge to go start buying armani suits to wear in my shop"
Old 08-11-2017, 07:18 AM   #67
Cool Beans

Nothing is going to happen.... North Korea is now a nuclear power. As long as NK doesn't attack US or Allies, we will not do anything.

China just came out today to help cement this fact, by stating if North korea starts anything, China will remain neutral. if SK and US try to strike first China pledged to stop us.

Kim Jung Un just got invited to sit at the adults table for Thanksgiving. no more little kids table.

http://www.foxnews.com/world/2017/08...rea-first.html
Old 08-11-2017, 08:15 AM   #68
JohnR
Certifiable Intertidal Anguiologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulS View Post
I was searching on line for any criticism of Putin by Pres. Trump. Tough to find anything of substance.
There has been little, sadly. But Squirrel!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cool Beans View Post
Nothing is going to happen.... North Korea is now a nuclear power. As long as NK doesn't attack US or Allies, we will not do anything.

China just came out today to help cement this fact, by stating if North korea starts anything, China will remain neutral. if SK and US try to strike first China pledged to stop us.

Kim Jung Un just got invited to sit at the adults table for Thanksgiving. no more little kids table.

http://www.foxnews.com/world/2017/08...rea-first.html
Snark: Are they willing to trade Beijing and Shanghai for Pyongyang and Wosan?

Yet another lousy wrinkle in a lousy circumstance in a lousy situation with lousy options. I am truly shocked and surprised that the great Obama could not resolve this before, but then Rice and Rhodes would not be able to twitterrant on how well they left everything for the next admin.

~Fix the Bait~ ~Pogies Forever~

Striped Bass Fishing - All Stripers

Kobayashi Maru Election - there is no way to win.

Apocalypse is Coming:
Old 08-11-2017, 08:35 AM   #69
RIROCKHOUND
Also known as OAK

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnR View Post
Yet another lousy wrinkle in a lousy circumstance in a lousy situation with lousy options. I am truly shocked and surprised that the great Obama OR BUSH, OR CLINTON could not resolve this before,

Give the Atlantic article I posted a read John; the biggest complexity is NK's non-nuke arms and short range nuke potential... If we strike them they will get a lot of fire away into SK and maybe Japan. The Kim's are demagogues of the worst kind, but I don't think he is a martyr.

Bryan

Old 08-11-2017, 08:40 AM   #70
JohnR

Quote:
Give the Atlantic article I posted a read John; the biggest complexity is NK's non-nuke arms and short range nuke potential... If we strike them they will get a lot of fire away into SK and maybe Japan. The Kim's are demagogues of the worst kind, but I don't think he is a martyr.

Read the article yesterday, as well as several others . Ohhh, and I appreciate the Bush or Clinton as well. But you rarely hear the media mention the full context of this. It is all Trump's fault.

Not defending Trump

Apocalypse is Coming:
Old 08-11-2017, 09:19 AM   #71
RIROCKHOUND
Also known as OAK

I figured you had, you are always well versed on this stuff. No, not all trumps fault, this is build up since post-Korean war, but it could culminate with his bluster and bull#^&#^&#^&#^&. I much prefer Mattis and Kelley working on this while DJT is playing golf and tweeting about McConnell or Hillary.

Bryan

Old 08-11-2017, 03:02 PM   #72
JohnR

Quote:
I figured you had, you are always well versed on this stuff. No, not all trumps fault, this is build up since post-Korean war, but it could culminate with his bluster and bull#^&#^&#^&#^&. I much prefer Mattis and Kelley working on this while DJT is playing golf and tweeting about McConnell or Hillary.

I do too. BTW - I blame all of them but the real development and increase in severity has occurred on O's watch. Poor engagement by Bush was eclipsed by "Strategic Patience" and the options have reduced.

From a casualty point of view, 200k-500k dead 5 years ago, versus , 500k-2mil dead now to 5-20 million dead in ten years.

I really hope there is a diplo solution but I do not think that is possible.

Apocalypse is Coming:
Old 08-12-2017, 04:03 AM   #73
wdmso

Now that Guam is in the News maybe we can get them the ability to vote since they are now at the tip of the spear

Citizens of Guam may not vote in general elections for President.
Old 08-12-2017, 07:50 AM   #74
buckman

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post
Now that Guam is in the News maybe we can get them the ability to vote since they are now at the tip of the spear

Citizens of Guam may not vote in general elections for President.
They should just feel lucky their island didn't tip over
Old 08-12-2017, 08:38 AM   #75
scottw

Quote:
They should just feel lucky their island didn't tip over
ha..ha...ha...was that Maxine Waters?... or was she the one that wanted them to move the camera so she could see where the astronauts planted the flag on Jupiter

I think his inference was that Hillary would have won Guam(according to a straw poll or something) and that probably would have swung things in her favor?
Old 08-12-2017, 09:05 AM   #76
Nebe

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnR View Post
I do too. BTW - I blame all of them but the real development and increase in severity has occurred on O's watch. Poor engagement by Bush was eclipsed by "Strategic Patience" and the options have reduced.

From a casualty point of view, 200k-500k dead 5 years ago, versus , 500k-2mil dead now to 5-20 million dead in ten years.

I really hope there is a diplo solution but I do not think that is possible.
Isolation.
Old 08-12-2017, 09:35 AM   #77
scottw

diplomatic secret weapon
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	170615-chang-dennis-rodman-nkorea-tease-1_t5w4mg.jpg
Views:	449
Size:	115.4 KB
ID:	64430  
Old 08-13-2017, 07:31 AM   #78
wdmso

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottw View Post
ha..ha...ha...was that Maxine Waters?... or was she the one that wanted them to move the camera so she could see where the astronauts planted the flag on Jupiter

I think his inference was that Hillary would have won Guam(according to a straw poll or something) and that probably would have swung things in her favor?
Scott should I think your inference is no they shouldn't vote there not Real Americans

If the POTUS and past POTUS can use Guam as a pawn in world politics by seeing an attack on it as an attack on America and Guamanians can server in our military fight in Americas Wars they should be treated as a Complete US citizen and be allowed to Vote ..

Guam, a U.S. possession since it was taken in 1898 from the Spanish, is the only American soil with a sizable population to have been occupied by a foreign military power.

During World War II, the Japanese held the island for almost three years and brutalized nearly everyone on it. They created concentration camps, forcing the indigenous Chamorro people to provide slave labor and sex.

"If there is a group of Americans who understand the price of freedom, we do," said Michael W. Cruz, lieutenant governor of Guam and a colonel in the Army National Guard.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn...012602050.html
Old 08-13-2017, 04:59 PM   #79
scottw

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post

Scott should I think your inference is no they shouldn't vote there not Real Americans

If the POTUS and past POTUS can use Guam as a pawn in world politics by seeing an attack on it as an attack on America huh???

I'd be shocked if you didn't...I don't have any problem with Guamanians voting...