Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Grumpy Old Pharts Board

Grumpy Old Pharts Board Gerritol, Ex-Lax, Immodium, Bad Breath - all requirements for the Grumpy Board

Old 09-08-2007, 05:04 AM   #1
FishHawk

Too many cops on construction site.

Went by this road construction site in Medway and it looked like the whole police force was on road duty. About 10 cops working the gig. FishHawk
FishHawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2007, 06:20 AM   #2
Raven

yeah

they..should..have a rolling jail and an office there too

with a dunkin doughnuts lunch wagon parked next to it
Raven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2007, 07:12 AM   #3
Andy D
Just Keep On Pluggin !

Roadwork near my home in New Haven had 1 cop but he is standing in the road talking on his cell phone and smoking a cigar when he is directing traffic . WTF
Andy D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2007, 11:23 AM   #4
Swimmer
Retired Surfer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy D View Post
Roadwork near my home in New Haven had 1 cop but he is standing in the road talking on his cell phone and smoking a cigar when he is directing traffic . WTF
That isn't right.

Swimmer a.k.a. YO YO MA
Serial Mailbox Killer/Seal Fisherman
Swimmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2007, 12:17 AM   #5
The Dad Fisherman
Super Moderator

What are you so worried about, 10 cops, no biggie.....You DO know that donuts come by the dozen, there should still be 2 left for you next time you drive by. ....

Granted you may get stuck with the Strawberry frosting one that nobody else wanted....but its all good

Last edited by The Dad Fisherman; 09-11-2007 at 12:29 PM..

"If you're arguing with an idiot, make sure he isn't doing the same thing."
The Dad Fisherman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2007, 03:11 AM   #6
luds
Night Stalker

Quincy Details

WTF.......hands in the pockets watching cars narrowly miss each other when direction is definitely needed. They're pretty good at not paying attention at all the times there needed too. \

Wake up lazy arse..

luds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2007, 08:02 AM   #7
stripersnipr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy D View Post
Long Pond Road in Plymouth with two cops directing traffic BOTH on Cell Phones. This seems to be a fast growing trend.

The beatings will continue until morale improves
stripersnipr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2007, 09:44 AM   #8
Backbeach Jake

TDF =

He that would make his own liberty secure, must guard even his enemy from oppression; for if he violates this duty, he establishes a precedent that will reach to himself.
Thomas Paine
Backbeach Jake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2007, 11:06 AM   #9
Hooper
Southsider

Hasn't been much fun reading S-B lately....
Hooper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2007, 12:04 PM   #10
HighTide

Send a message via AIM to HighTide
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dad Fisherman View Post
What are you so worried about, 10 cops, no biggie.....Y ou DO know that donuts come by the dozen, there should still be 2 left for you next time you drive by. ....

Granted you may get stuck with the Strawberry frosting one that nobody else wanted....but its all good
10 cops? How can you have 10 cops looking in the hole at once?
HighTide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2007, 12:13 PM   #11
Rockport24
President - S-B Chapter - Kelly Clarkson Fan Club

I got no problem with cops and I don't like to bad-mouth them, but seriously, are all those details needed?
Rockport24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2007, 01:41 PM   #12
Hooper
Southsider

Quote:
Originally Posted by FishHawk View Post
Went by this road construction site in Medway and it looked like the whole police force was on road duty. About 10 cops working the gig. FishHawk
Here's my bottom line, police officers direct traffic on our roads, not some guy in a flannel shirt. Is the detail system abused by some officers, absolutely. But, police work is not unlike any other profession. Abuses happen, bad apples exist.

Not to take this in a new direction, but how many firemen were relaxing in recliners watching Oprah talking about what they were going to cook for dinner while those cops were standing in traffic?

I laugh when the public craps on cops when they see one buying a coffee at Dunks, have you ever considered that maybe he is on a double shift which started at 12 am and it is now 1pm and he has three hours to go? Try that sometime, it's fun.

If the public saw the day in the life of an average fireman, cops would be off the proverbial hook. You darn right I am jealous, I took the wrong career path!
Hooper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2007, 03:34 PM   #13
Jimbo

Around here quite a bit you instead of police you see employees of the company blocking traffic to do what they have to do are directing traffic. I doubt very much they've had any training in traffic control, because more often than not they have no more to do than twist their sign post from STOP to SLOW and wave traffic on, and those idiots can't even do that right. Put a policeman even a bunch in the same spot and I don't care if he's on his phone and smoking a cigar I have more faith I won't be sitting as long as Larry the Sign Guy would make me. Also in those one lane situations, did you ever have one of those traffic guys motion to you to slow down? How many people actually do what he says? You'd do what the cop said, though.
Jimbo is offline   Reply With Quote