Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Grumpy Old Pharts Board

Grumpy Old Pharts Board Gerritol, Ex-Lax, Immodium, Bad Breath - all requirements for the Grumpy Board

Old 10-12-2008, 03:33 PM   #1
FishHawk

People walking the beach.

Everytime I fish a beach there are people who walk right behind me when I'm casting. I'm fishing with a flyrod and they can see my backcast but insist on walking right behind me. What the hell is wrong with people. FishHawk.
FishHawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2008, 06:20 AM   #2
BigFish
BigFish Bait Co.

Send a message via AIM to BigFish
They suck! Plain and simple reason is they are plum ignorant! Whats worse is when another fisherman walks up on you on your casting side.....like its o' friggin' k?!!!!

Almost time to get our fish on!!!
BigFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2008, 10:56 PM   #3
gone fishin

OR when other fishermen cast over your head from the path on the ditch OR when other fishermen cast wildly over your hook up at a blitz!!

low & slow 37
gone fishin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2008, 07:26 AM   #4
RIROCKHOUND
Also known as OAK

Quote:
Originally Posted by FishHawk View Post
Everytime I fish a beach there are people who walk right behind me when I'm casting. I'm fishing with a flyrod and they can see my backcast but insist on walking right behind me. What the hell is wrong with people. FishHawk.
Yeah.
It sucks when people are out enjoying the shoreline. How dare they. They need a class to educate them on fly fishing so they can walk the beach....
Thats makes them ignorant???

Seeing a backcast, doesn't mean they understand what you are doing, or maybe they didn't notice the line because they assumed your were spin fishing.

Other fisherman should know better.
I agree with all said on being cast over
I can be an A-hole with people like that.
But with the general non-fishing public I try to explain so that they don't remain ignorant of what we do.

Bryan

Originally Posted by #^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&
"For once I agree with Spence. UGH. I just hope I don't get the urge to go start buying armani suits to wear in my shop"
RIROCKHOUND is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2008, 07:43 AM   #5
OLD GOAT
OLDGOAT7205963

clowns

I get a kick out of the fly fishing clowns that don,t care about there fellow humans while back casting. I think its the wardrobe that does it.
OLD GOAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2008, 07:53 AM   #6
likwid
lobster = striper bait

Send a message via AIM to likwid
Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD GOAT View Post
I get a kick out of the fly fishing clowns that don,t care about there fellow humans while back casting. I think its the wardrobe that does it.
Or maybe we're trying to do it on purpose with a half & half and a shooting line.

Ski Quicks Hole
likwid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2008, 08:27 AM   #7
RIROCKHOUND
Also known as OAK

Then thats more F-ed up then people who didn't know any better walking behind you....

Bryan

Originally Posted by #^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&
"For once I agree with Spence. UGH. I just hope I don't get the urge to go start buying armani suits to wear in my shop"
RIROCKHOUND is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2008, 10:24 AM   #8
likwid
lobster = striper bait

Quote:
Originally Posted by RIROCKHOUND View Post
Then thats more F-ed up then people who didn't know any better walking behind you....
Could be burmese tiger traps.

2 points for tourists
6 points for fellow fishermen

Ski Quicks Hole
Old 10-14-2008, 11:05 AM   #9
UserRemoved1
Permanently Disconnected

comeon ted you just like wearing the vest and flicking feathers
UserRemoved1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2008, 11:39 AM   #10
Backbeach Jake

Those Folks who walk the beach

Have every bit the right to be there as we fishermen. And they are in just as much danger of losing access to that beach. It would be to our mutual interest (walkers and fishers) to get our noses out of the air and work together. If an unknowing soul happens to walk behind you, you won't die if you pause and let them pass, honestly. If they stop there, it's a perfect time to say hello and warn them rather than back cast a plug or fly at them. A little conversation won't kill you either. Work together, guys. If we don't, we lose it all.

He that would make his own liberty secure, must guard even his enemy from oppression; for if he violates this duty, he establishes a precedent that will reach to himself.
Thomas Paine
Backbeach Jake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2008, 11:55 AM   #11
likwid
lobster = striper bait

Quote:
Originally Posted by Backbeach Jake View Post
Work together, guys. If we don't, we lose it all.
Or bury them in the dunes.

Ski Quicks Hole
Old 10-14-2008, 04:58 PM   #12
Adam_777

Quote:
Originally Posted by likwid View Post
Or bury them in the dunes.
The fly fisherman or the clueless people who can't see the bright pink lines getting backcasted 30 feet.We are doomed in all aspects.We all can't get along.We can't all just work together.Bury them in the dunes could go either way like some of the flyfisherman in p-town.
Adam_777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2008, 03:00 PM   #13
FishnGrega

I know what you mean. Last night during a blitz at the beach. this other surfcaster walks right behind me as i'm making a cast. to try and scare him a little i threw a little 1/2 cast. I should have just hooked the dude. Idiot
FishnGrega is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2008, 04:29 PM   #14
MAC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Backbeach Jake View Post
Have every bit the right to be there as we fishermen. And they are in just as much danger of losing access to that beach. It would be to our mutual interest (walkers and fishers) to get our noses out of the air and work together. If an unknowing soul happens to walk behind you, you won't die if you pause and let them pass, honestly. If they stop there, it's a perfect time to say hello and warn them rather than back cast a plug or fly at them. A little conversation won't kill you either. Work together, guys. If we don't, we lose it all.

well put Fred
MAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2008, 06:36 PM   #15
nightfighter
Seldom Seen

On the other hand; chasing first light albies at Edgartown Lighthouse a few week back, most anglers were flyfishing, and taking up way too much space between them.Effectively, three flyrodders were taking up an area that five could have easily fished. And there was limited space behind them to get relocate. While I am usually not the first to cast a stone, when I got a dirty look from one particular fisherwoman, I let the whole group of them know that if they didn't tighten up, or make some room, there would be more than Deadly #^&#^&#^&#^&s flying through.......

“Americans have the right and advantage of being armed, unlike the people of other countries, whose leaders are afraid to trust them with arms.” – James Madison.
nightfighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2008, 02:41 PM   #16
Backbeach Jake

Is a plug thrower who walks behind a flyfisher who's casting any smarter than a non fisher who walks behind a plug thrower? A plug thrower knows enough to wait a second and pass when the fly fisher works his presentation, yet doesn't and bitches about it.
Bury who in the dunes and for what? Get friggin' real, this bickering and "mine, not yours" attitude is gonna get us ALL banned from the beach. We have a fraction of the access that we enjoyed 40 years ago and it's dwindling fast. Change this forum's name to "Bitchy Old Women"

He that would make his own liberty secure, must guard even his enemy from oppression; for if he violates this duty, he establishes a precedent that will reach to himself.
Thomas Paine
Backbeach Jake is offline   Reply With Quote