Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 01-03-2020, 02:16 PM   #31
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete F. View Post
You support Floridaman and you are worried about Ukraine and Crimea?
He's not and never has been, just why do you think the Ukrainian ambassador wrote an Op ed when Floridaman was intimating that Russia should just take over Crimea.
The right wing spin on Ukraine and Obama is uninformed at best.
Ukraine had and has tremendous corruption issues and just giving them missiles without training would have been useless. Look at the record of what was done, not the spewed baloney.
"You support Floridaman and you are worried about Ukraine and Crimea?'

No, I'm not worried about Crimea or Ukraine. But despite your claim that Obama boxed Russia in, Russia managed to invade those places. I offered them to shred your idiotic claim. That's all. Obama did nothing to contain Russia. He mocked Romney for saying Russia was an adversary, which I'm sure you remember and I'm sure you thought was brilliant by Obama.
Old 01-03-2020, 03:48 PM   #32
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
"You support Floridaman and you are worried about Ukraine and Crimea?'

No, I'm not worried about Crimea or Ukraine. But despite your claim that Obama boxed Russia in, Russia managed to invade those places. I offered them to shred your idiotic claim. That's all. Obama did nothing to contain Russia. He mocked Romney for saying Russia was an adversary, which I'm sure you remember and I'm sure you thought was brilliant by Obama.
The numbers don't support your idiotic claim, which not oddly sounds just like Trumplican baloney.

Russian GDP
13 2.297T
Russian invades it's neighbors
14 2.064T
15 1.368T
16 1.285T
Putin's Puppet is elected
17 1.578T
18 1.750T
19 1.910T
20 2.200T projected

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Niles: You have met “people”, haven’t you?

Lets Go Darwin
Old 01-03-2020, 03:56 PM   #33
Jim in CT

Pete, you said Obama had them boxed in, and they went on the warpath. I'm sorry that fact shreds your claims.

Did Obama cause Russian GDP to decrease? Maybe he should have sent them a zillion dollars like he did to Iran.

Remember Obabam's red line in the sand to Syria, about not using chemical weapons? How'd that work out?

Obama gets decent grades for handling our economy, he gets a big fat F for reigning in foreign adversaries. He thought he could say "PAH-kee-ston", and that would make everyone love us. It didn't work. His ego was right up there with Trumps.
Old 01-03-2020, 04:51 PM   #34
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
Pete, you said Obama had them boxed in, and they went on the warpath. I'm sorry that fact shreds your claims.

Did Obama cause Russian GDP to decrease? Maybe he should have sent them a zillion dollars like he did to Iran.

Remember Obabam's red line in the sand to Syria, about not using chemical weapons? How'd that work out?

Obama gets decent grades for handling our economy, he gets a big fat F for reigning in foreign adversaries. He thought he could say "PAH-kee-ston", and that would make everyone love us. It didn't work. His ego was right up there with Trumps.
Do you think Russian GDP dropped by itself? It was thru multilateral sanctions imposed by a number of nations that Floridaman has largely removed.

And just how did Floridaman's actions in Syria end up?
With the resurgence of IS and the assisted genocide of Kurds?

In Iran where after a multilateral effort dropped their GDP from 589B to 386B they signed the JCPOA and complied. Now we have a great deal with them and what might be a unilateral war on our hands.

Floridaman and his failed foreign policy attempts are nothing to brag about unless you are Putin.

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Niles: You have met “people”, haven’t you?

Lets Go Darwin
Old 01-03-2020, 06:26 PM   #35
Jim in CT

wdmso, when i said this guy was a terrorist, you said one mans terrorist is another mans freedom fighter. John R asked which this man was to you? I didn’t see you respond. id be very curious to see your answer to that, since you brought it up and you don’t seem to think he deserves his fate.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Old 01-03-2020, 08:14 PM   #36
Sea Dangles

Quote:
wdmso, when i said this guy was a terrorist, you said one mans terrorist is another mans freedom fighter. John R asked which this man was to you? I didn’t see you respond. id be very curious to see your answer to that, since you brought it up and you don’t seem to think he deserves his fate.
He won’t answer. He just spouts gibberish and then sticks his head back in the sand.
This entire episode could have been avoided if previous leadership had not enabled these savages.

PRO CHOICE REPUBLICAN
Old 01-03-2020, 09:24 PM   #37
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

The US has been fing with Iran for 70 years, if your going to blame an administration SD, you need to go much farther back. Trump just lit a fire, I hope the collateral damage isn’t going to drag us into yet another war, he is a dangerous man to be making knee jerk military decisions.
Old 01-03-2020, 09:34 PM   #38
Sea Dangles

He is as qualified as most of his predecessors to make such decisions based on their track records. Bush, he was qualified and still gets the short end. I prefer blowing up monsters vs. handing them unmarked bills in exchange for a promise.
Old 01-03-2020, 09:47 PM   #39
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

The difference being past presidents trusted their military, defense and intelligence advisors and this nut doesn’t and I wouldn’t be surprised when all is uncovered, the intelligence wasn’t all that different than any in the past decade. This could be Trump being Trump and a distraction for his upcoming trial.
Old 01-03-2020, 10:29 PM   #40
Sea Dangles

Is that your opinion or are you just spouting partisan foolishness? Do you think we eliminated this monster as a distraction? As if this will somehow make the trial go away or somehow become less of a shat show and more of a sideshow..
Seriously, what did trusting the military do for Bush’ reputation? Let alone Obozo.🤡🤷🏽#^&♂️
Old 01-03-2020, 10:47 PM   #41
Pete F.
Canceled

After 3 years of watching this administration, I think I get the strategy:
Trump is going to keep killing Iranian generals by drone strike until the Ayatollah announces he's going to investigate Hunter Biden or until he admits he has the 2016 DNC server.
Right?
Old 01-03-2020, 11:17 PM   #42
Pete F.
Canceled

Mike Pence is now linking 9/11 to Qasem Soleimani. As if you weren't yet convinced that nothing means anything anymore from Trumplicans, the US vice president just suggested that Soleimani helped al-Qaeda, one of Iran's greatest enemies. Total dumb#^&#^&#^&#^&s will believe this.
Old 01-04-2020, 07:49 AM   #43
Jim in CT

Spence, you posted (maybe in another thread?) “why now?”, since neither of the previous two administrations killed this guy.

Susan Rice was
on tv last night, she said obama never had the opportunity, but if they had, they would have seriously considered it, weighing the pros and cons. She didn’t say “hell no, the cost far outweighs the benefit.”.
Old 01-04-2020, 07:58 AM   #44
scottw

heh....heh
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	81623429_2890468700983814_1995424222125490176_n.jpg
Views:	311
Size:	62.3 KB
ID:	66769  
Old 01-04-2020, 08:48 AM   #45
wdmso

United states give Syrian rebels tow missiles which kill thousands of Syrian troops...

Iran gives EFPs to Iraqis that kill Americans

Both incidents people were trained by other country's troops who never pulled the trigger

why is 1honorable but the other Terrorism?
Old 01-04-2020, 09:31 AM   #46
Sea Dangles

It depends on which team you root for Wayne. I know you are not stupid. Suicide is considered cowardly in the USA, in Japan it is honorable...
Old 01-04-2020, 09:33 AM   #47
Sea Dangles

I never saw this perspective come up when bin laden was killed. No difference except who ordered the killing. More partisan bs from the clowns.🤡🤡🤡
Old 01-04-2020, 09:44 AM   #48
Nebe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sea Dangles View Post
I never saw this perspective come up when bin laden was killed. No difference except who ordered the killing. More partisan bs from the clowns.🤡🤡🤡
This statement sums up the antithesis of your moronitude in political problem solving.

I’d help you understand the difference but if you give a man a fish he eats for a day.
Old 01-04-2020, 10:02 AM   #49
spence

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nebe View Post
This statement sums up the antithesis of your moronitude in political problem solving.

I’d help you understand the difference but if you give a man a fish he eats for a day.
I don’t think you meant to use the word antithesis but we get the point.
Old 01-04-2020, 10:05 AM   #50
Nebe

Quote:
Originally Posted by spence View Post
I don’t think you meant to use the word antithesis but we get the point.
You are right. Can I buy “epitome” for $50?
Old 01-04-2020, 10:06 AM   #51
spence

Quote:
You are right. Can I buy “epitome” for $50?
I’d be happy to fund it.
Old 01-04-2020, 10:08 AM   #52
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post
United states give Syrian rebels tow missiles which kill thousands of Syrian troops...

Iran gives EFPs to Iraqis that kill Americans

Both incidents people were trained by other country's troops who never pulled the trigger

why is 1honorable but the other Terrorism?
(1) are you ever going to
answer whether you consider him a terrorist or a freedom
fighter?

(2) the syrian regime is a brutal
dictatorship, using chemical
weapons against their own citizens. If you’re trying to say going syrians
defend against Assad is the same as helping insurgents to kill
Americans who were there risking their lives to help people, is beyond stupid.
Old 01-04-2020, 10:30 AM   #53
wdmso

Quote:
It depends on which team you root for Wayne. I know you are not stupid. Suicide is considered cowardly in the USA, in Japan it is honorable...
I never considered attacks on military targets or the IEDs I experienced or rocket attacks , as acts of terrorism

The acts of terrorism I saw in iraq were car bombs in markets attacks on pilgrims defenceless people

There was always 2 distinct groups operating 1 group wanted the US out and attacked military targets and other well know groups who rather kill civilians to instilling fear

I've seen no one saying this guy was innocent

But I see no benefit For the US to embrace targeted killing of other country's military leader as a policy is a big leap from a stateless guy in a tent
Old 01-04-2020, 10:32 AM   #54
scottw

Quote:

Old 01-04-2020, 11:11 AM   #55
Sea Dangles

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post
I never considered attacks on military targets or the IEDs I experienced or rocket attacks , as acts of terrorism

The acts of terrorism I saw in iraq were car bombs in markets attacks on pilgrims defenceless people

There was always 2 distinct groups operating 1 group wanted the US out and attacked military targets and other well know groups who rather kill civilians to instilling fear

I've seen no one saying this guy was innocent

But I see no benefit For the US to embrace targeted killing of other country's military leader as a policy is a big leap from a stateless guy in a tent
When is the last time you served any time in politics Wayne? Just because you can’t understand the benefit from eliminating this monster does not make it wrong. It just means you don’t understand. Don’t comment unless you have been in his shoes.

PRO CHOICE REPUBLICAN
Old 01-04-2020, 11:12 AM   #56
Sea Dangles

Quote:
Originally Posted by spence View Post
I’d be happy to fund it.
Jeff,save your money for when Trump is re elected.

PRO CHOICE REPUBLICAN
Old 01-04-2020, 11:13 AM   #57
Sea Dangles

Quote:

Welcome back from your Mensa retreat.🤯

PRO CHOICE REPUBLICAN
Old 01-04-2020, 11:36 AM   #58
wdmso

Quote:
When is the last time you served any time in politics Wayne? Just because you can’t understand the benefit from eliminating this monster does not make it wrong. It just means you don’t understand. Don’t comment unless you have been in his shoes.
I know only Trump understands ,, any one who disagrees simply doesn't understand . That's a god complex ...
Old 01-04-2020, 11:52 AM   #59
Sea Dangles

This is in jest I am guessing. In ancient times when folks didn’t quite grasp concepts they often invoked terms like mysticism and perhaps a deity. Just so you get a better understanding,we just cut the head off a snake. Now the snake can not bite us.
Old 01-04-2020, 12:06 PM   #60
spence

Quote:
Just so you get a better understanding,we just cut the head off a snake. Now the snake can not bite us.
You might have just put the shovel through your own foot in the process mr mensa.