Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 03-01-2017, 04:32 PM   #31
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post
Wow its sad that you needed to post such stories in an attempt to defend Trump ..

you should be outraged that it took so long to find anything he's done as a positive..

But signing a bill passed by congress is his Job its not special

and another exec order ...

and 1 coherent speech is not a Sea change

But he'll take credit for the stock market going up Great optimism for future of U.S. business, AND JOBS, with the DOW having an 11th straight record close. Big tax & regulation cuts coming!

will he do the same when it corrects it's self.. seeing he hasn't passed a thing through congress
"you should be outraged that it took so long to find anything he's done as a positive.."

The guy had tens of thousands of employees. That's a good thing. Google "Donald Trump charity" and you will see a decent sized list of acts of generosity.

What's outrageous is how dishonest everyone on the left is being with the guy. None of you can accept the fact that he has some good points. TDF was posting things that he just did this week, that wasn't all he could find for all of Trump's life.

"and another exec order ... "

A very simple question for you. I dare you to answer. If Trump was a racist, why would he sign an executive order, increasing funds to predominantly black colleges?

Is he a racist? I don't know. There is all kinds of evidence to suggest he is not.

"But he'll take credit for the stock market going up "

That's because he deserves credit for what's happening today. The stock market went up today, largely because of his speech. Not because the Dems were giving him the thumbs down.

"will he do the same when it corrects it's self"

If he doesn't, we can fault him for that. But the market may go down for reasons that have nothing to do with him.

"Big tax & regulation cuts coming!"

If you are opposed to tax cuts, you are perfectly free to pay more than you owe. But you won't. So you will enjoy the benefit of those cuts, but you won't give him any credit.
Old 03-02-2017, 05:32 AM   #32
wdmso

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
"you should be outraged that it took so long to find anything he's done as a positive.."

The guy had tens of thousands of employees. That's a good thing. Google "Donald Trump charity" and you will see a decent sized list of acts of generosity.

What's outrageous is how dishonest everyone on the left is being with the guy. None of you can accept the fact that he has some good points. TDF was posting things that he just did this week, that wasn't all he could find for all of Trump's life.

What's outrageous is how dishonest everyone on the right is being with the guy. blinded by his BS

"and another exec order ... "

A very simple question for you. I dare you to answer. If Trump was a racist, why would he sign an executive order, increasing funds to predominantly black colleges?

Is he a racist? I don't know. There is all kinds of evidence to suggest he is not.

Never claimed he was a racist some have ... but signing an exec order is like saying I have a black friend ... look I am no racist

"But he'll take credit for the stock market going up "

That's because he deserves credit for what's happening today. The stock market went up today, largely because of his speech. Not because the Dems were giving him the thumbs down.

"will he do the same when it corrects it's self"

If he doesn't, we can fault him for that. But the market may go down for reasons that have nothing to do with him.

So it can go up because of what he says but go down for reasons that have nothing to do with him .. really so when he dosn't provide these "Big tax & regulation cuts.. he hold not responsibility... he'll balme it on the Rinos

"Big tax & regulation cuts coming!"

If you are opposed to tax cuts, you are perfectly free to pay more than you owe. But you won't. So you will enjoy the benefit of those cuts, but you won't give him any credit.

its all smoke an mirrors you my be happy with 1500.00 tax break
I call it a bait and switch and many of his supporters seem to have troubles with Math and think its a great deal.. except the rich ones their benefit is tangible

looking at those around you, however, you may take note of the fact that the wealthiest 20% of taxpayers will enjoy an average annual tax cut of $16,660 -- with the top 1% walking away with an extra $214,000!

As you can see, the middle class, on average, will have an extra $1,500 WOW what a deal ,

https://www.forbes.com/sites/anthony.../#368db12e6b9e
Old 03-02-2017, 06:34 AM   #33
The Dad Fisherman
Super Moderator

Quote:
Wow its sad that you needed to post such stories in an attempt to defend Trump ..

you should be outraged that it took so long to find anything he's done as a positive..
Wow, talk about completely missing the point of the post....

it wasn't really to talk about what Trump did...it was about what CNN failed to report on....the only thing they reported on was feet on a sofa and a dry steak.

But positive news in regards to Blacks and Women....

"If you're arguing with an idiot, make sure he isn't doing the same thing."
Old 03-02-2017, 09:35 AM   #34
Jim in CT

Quote:
its all smoke an mirrors you my be happy with 1500.00 tax break
I call it a bait and switch and many of his supporters seem to have troubles with Math and think its a great deal.. except the rich ones their benefit is tangible

looking at those around you, however, you may take note of the fact that the wealthiest 20% of taxpayers will enjoy an average annual tax cut of $16,660 -- with the top 1% walking away with an extra $214,000!

As you can see, the middle class, on average, will have an extra $1,500 WOW what a deal ,

https://www.forbes.com/sites/anthony.../#368db12e6b9e
WDMSO - not every movement in the stock market is because of the President. Most people (all of the sane ones) attribute yesterday's jump, to optimism fueled by his speech the night before.

Tomorrow, there could be an earthquake in Manhattan which could result in the market going down. That wouldn't be the fault of the sitting President, though naturally that wouldn't stop liberals from blaming Trump.